Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,285 comments
GT4 on the other hand felt bloated (and GT5 carried, quite literally, some of that bloat and just ran with it) and at times disjointed.

From the couple of dozen races buried in the manufacturers (3,000cr for 3 laps of Tsukuba in a Subaru 360; where do I sign up!) to the ridiculous slogs like Formula GT (15 races averaging 70 minutes, 100k for a win and a 3m championship bonus...), there was a lot of not very good.
You have a point there, I guess new GTs don't need to be that long if they keep making things a slog or doing simple 1-race events with slow cars.
It's part of why I always felt GT3 was better. The game was the right size; enough to do everything once before the next one came out without running out or having to make it a second 8hr-a-day job.
GT3 hit the sweet spot for me too, except that I think they professional mode events could've been shorter. I lose motivation to finish it everytime I get to that point.

-----

I mean, the issue with prizes and money payouts could also be fixed if PD just offered tickets for every event you complete post cafe, but they won't do that.

Last edited:
Special Conditions was always the biggest bloat offender for me in GT4.

The Tsukuba Wet races are interesting, but other than that, it's 20 copies of the same three 1v1 races against the same three car pools every time. It'd be completely over the top even if the rally physics in that game were good.

Special Conditions was always the biggest bloat offender for me in GT4.

The Tsukuba Wet races are interesting, but other than that, it's 20 copies of the same three 1v1 races against the same three car pools every time. It'd be completely over the top even if the rally physics in that game were good.
Part of me actually liked it that way to be honest, winning a duel race against a road going Gr.B car. Only to now have to take care of a Gr.A Rally Car from the 90s or 2000s. Then beat a supercar on a same track.

GT7 oddly enough does have multi-level races brought back, which is nice. But there's not enough types of them. Though with the lack of rally cars & courses; I guess repeating the special condition events wouldn't be doable right now.

Part of me actually liked it that way to be honest, winning a duel race against a road going Gr.B car. Only to now have to take care of a Gr.A Rally Car from the 90s or 2000s. Then beat a supercar on a same track.

GT7 oddly enough does have multi-level races brought back, which is nice. But there's not enough types of them. Though with the lack of rally cars & courses; I guess repeating the special condition events wouldn't be doable right now.
The only cheat I apply to GT4 was to disable the penalty counter from the Special Conditions events, before I figured out how to do that, I disliked them immensely. But with the penalty counter disabled, I really like a number of those events.

As for which game has the best single player career mode, I would say it's GT3 for me too. It just had the right variety and balance of events and cars where everything felt like it could be used somewhere and had a purpose in the game.

GT4 had more events, and was great, but I felt there was a lot of content that didn't have much purpose, or felt disjointed. At times it was content for the sake of it. But I don't mind more events, in fact I'd love more events, they just should be well thought out and balanced to the economy and car list.

Last edited:
The only cheat I apply to GT4 was to disable the penalty counter from the Special Conditions events, before I figured out how to dot that, I disliked them immensely. But with the penalty counter disabled, I really like a number of those events.
The penalty admit-ably is one of the things I disliked about Special Condition and also is part of why I dreaded doing the Citti d' Aria races. So much as touching a wall and your car is held back for 5 seconds, on a track with thin & tight city streets. That's the thing of nightmares.
GT4 had more events, and was great, but I felt there was a lot of content that didn't have much purpose, or felt disjointed. At times it was content for the sake of it. But I don't mind more events, in fact I'd love more events, they just should be well thought out and balanced to the economy and car list.
One thing that peeved me immediately about GT4 was how many events that didn't allow concept cars, in a game with a lot of concept cars. Also some of those concept cars couldn't be used in main-stage races period like the Toyota Motor Triathlon race car.

It was honestly weird things like that which made me prefer GT3 to 4, but I still enjoyed GT4's career mode regardless.

I've played more GT7 in the last week than I have in the last 2 months. I didn't intend to come back for very long, but here I am participating in the time trials again and modifying cars. This game really nails the core driving components. Nothing feels better on a controller and the wide range of tuning options allows you to create some fun experiences, even if the car list lacks in several departments. Now, imagine if this game had a sandbox career mode like GT4. No restrictions, no limitations - you're free to choose your own path. It would be the greatest game ever. At least the potential hasn't been wasted as much as GT Sport, but still, it could be doing more.

At least you didn't buy one (1M) in haste only to get one from the original ticket and get a second one for free with the makeup ticket. I now have three.
Know Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

I’m watching Nascar full speed on Netflix and wish Gran Turismo 7 would add Nascar and some more ovals too, and nascar events too would be cool like Dayton 500 or whatever long races are in nascar, could be under mission list, also if I remember did GT5 or GT6 have nascar In the games the cars and some ovals. (I can get on ps3 and check this) let’s hope for Nascar in gt7 and more lmp1 and gt3 cars would be nice too.

Plus I still feel and disappointed we don’t have more Classic Gran Turismo tracks, from gt1 etc even slightly re tweaked for GT7 ( still unsure how I feel about them re tweaking the tracks, but I can go play the original version if I need)

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
Throughout the franchise’s history, has there ever been in-game features that were clearly there, but never utilized?

In regards to GT7, off the top of my head, I can name the Low/Med/High speed BOP that’s been there for some time. The still not utilized 🌶️ difficulty setting that’s been there since launch, despite Sophy essentially being here. I’m sure I’m missing some other IG cliff hangers as well

Throughout the franchise’s history, has there ever been in-game features that were clearly there, but never utilized?

In regards to GT7, off the top of my head, I can name the Low/Med/High speed BOP that’s been there for some time. The still not utilized 🌶️ difficulty setting that’s been there since launch, despite Sophy essentially being here. I’m sure I’m missing some other IG cliff hangers as well
Love your avatar. Great man, Mr. Sowell.

Imagine if Luca said 'swing on by the café, I have some news for you'

And when you did, (providing you'd completed Menu Book 39) he said. There's been a new addition to the pavillion - The GT League.

'It's a real test for drivers across a host of series and championship. You'll need to hold certain licenses to qualify for some events. You'll find everything here from close quarters road racing to fully fledged endurance races.'

'I believe you have the skills to become a true GT League champion, go out there and make it happen!'

When you get there, there's a curated list of series and championships, starting with the Clubman Cup +. There's be proper length races which require strategic thinking about fuel and tyre wear, and as you move up through to the Group 4 Cup +, you'd encounter races where cars are using the in game BOP, and the competition is fierce thanks to the difficulty and use of GT Sophy agents. Races are long enough for you to build a rhythm and plan out overtakes (from close rolling or even grid starts).

You'd be able to enter events utilising a large percentage of the roster. From go karts and single make championships to classic race cars, being able to use the cars in your garage, but with fewer loopholes in the regs to exploit a lack of PP limit etc.

The final GT League tier is the Endurance Cup +, and is where you enter as a team alongside GT Sophy agents. You have a minimum drive time for you as the player, but can otherwise swap out to your GT Sophy teammates. Pit stops would also allow you to save your progress in a race, so you wouldn't have to leave your console in rest mode. Another quality of life feature would be able to simulate the stints of the GT Sophy agents, where you can effectively skip through the time you're not in the car. GT Sophy teammates are still subject to having incidents, needing to repair damage etc, it's just for people who don't want to sit there and wait.

Just a thought...

The Safety Cars being used as Safety Cars
IMG_3365.png

Supposedly there is a form of Safety Car system that was found in the code, but was never implemented. I seem to recall one of the more obscure trailers of GT Sport showed an indicator for it displayed the same way that the yellow/blue flag pop-ups do in the middle of the screen.

Last edited:
What would be the purpose of a safety car? For the rolling starts? That's the only thing I can think about. Cars in game don't break down and remain stationary on track, don't spill oil, don't leave broken pieces all over the track, and unless those things are also implemented, safety car won't really have much use. I guess they can do missions with it, make the player follow it (which would be a painful flashback for many players), and maybe add scripted AI crashes in some races. But also properly implementing safety cars means they need to implement some sort of representation of cleaning the track, and if with stuff like oil and debris they can just add a few marshals with some simple cleaning animations, removing a broken car would require a whole truck removing a car. Well, they don't really need to do that, but would look kinda silly without it. Though, considering how silly the pitstops are implemented, they have no problems with the silliness.

Pretty much for rolling starts just like F1 likes to use , it would be cool at least those cars would be used depended on track

also if they did actual safety car lap or something like that but probably players wouldnt enjoy that :lol:

Last edited:
Project Cars 2 have full lap rolling starts. As well as cool down laps. I enjoy it. It’s an option.
There’s warnings to keep up with the grid. Warning to slow down and give the place back.

That’s all PD have to do. Optional Safety Car starts.

Last edited:
I’m watching Nascar full speed on Netflix and wish Gran Turismo 7 would add Nascar and some more ovals too, and nascar events too would be cool like Dayton 500 or whatever long races are in nascar, could be under mission list, also if I remember did GT5 or GT6 have nascar In the games the cars and some ovals. (I can get on ps3 and check this) let’s hope for Nascar in gt7 and more lmp1 and gt3 cars would be nice too.
They could stick in a generic stock car but anything more is unlikely as iRacing has the official Nascar licence, with a game on the way for console & PC.

Project Cars 2 have full lap rolling starts. As well as cool down laps. I enjoy it. It’s an option.
There’s warnings to keep up with the grid. Warning to slow down and give the place back.

That’s all PD have to do. Optional Safety Car starts.
I remember in older GT like GT3 and GT4 had pace cars used in some licence tests :dopey:

Last edited:
It seems that there are numerous voices of recognized prestige that are commenting that in a few hours or days there will be an announcement that Microsoft will adopt a multiplatform strategy. It may be curious that for the first time the historic contenders Forza and GT will be available on the same platform. I thought this would happen when GT was released on PC, which has also been speculated, but this option was not in my forecast.

But until the official announcement we will have to remain cautious.

Last edited:
Minor question: does anyone know which cars are both available in Brand Central and have ten or more colors available? I know the go-kart is one of them, and I think the Ferrari 458 may be another.

Last edited:
Back