Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,694 comments
Kinda wonder how many are also disgruntled Forza Motorsport players given that from what I've seen outside the forums, ALOT of people were not happy about it (and seeing it somehow win "Sports Game of the Year" in the state it was in probably added to the frustration).

Last edited:
So lemme get this straight. It says I've spent about 175.6m credits on cars, and I have about 225.6k collector's points. I'm positive that for each 1000 credits a car costs, that's one collector's point, so a car that costs 1000 collector's points is exactly 1m credits in value. If I subtract 176,620 from 225,599, I get 49,979.

Does this mean that nearly 50m credits is the total value of cars I've won? Like via the various menus, the licenses/missions, and random tickets? I only assume 20m of that value was from the Porsche 917K that I got from the Porsche time trials that were exclusive to players in the USA. Plus, I know I've won at least four cars from random tickets that were each worth 1m - specifically, a Ford GT Race Car '18, a second Ferrari VGT, a Porsche VGT, and a second Bugatti VGT. Then there were the 10m credits I was able to save myself by golding the Master Super License tests.

That basically means that when added up for value, over a fifth of cars I've acquired were for free. That's pretty neat.

Last edited:
So lemme get this straight. It says I've spent about 175.6m credits on cars, and I have about 225.6k collector's points. I'm positive that for each 1000 credits a car costs, that's one collector's point, so a car that costs 1000 collector's points is exactly 1m credits in value. If I subtract 176,620 from 225,599, I get 49,979.

Does this mean that nearly 50m credits is the total value of cars I've won? Like via the various menus, the licenses/missions, and random tickets? I only assume 20m of that value was from the Porsche 917K that I got from the Porsche time trials that were exclusive to players in the USA. Plus, I know I've won at least four cars from random tickets that were each worth 1m - specifically, a Ford GT Race Car '18, a second Ferrari VGT, a Porsche VGT, and a second Bugatti VGT. Then there were the 10m credits I was able to save myself by golding the Master Super License tests.

That basically means that when added up for value, over a fifth of cars I've acquired were for free. That's pretty neat.
I accidentally sold my 917K...and I miss it deeply. Amazing,amazing car. 😥 😥

It’s been a while and not sure if it’s been covered recently, but is there any more information regarding the datamined cars?

I’ve been playing around with Assetto Corsa with the GT7 hud, a few filters and some “What If..?” GT7 cars and tracks.

The 208 Pikes Peak that was datamined alongside the rumoured Pikes Peak Course gives a hint of what GT7 (or even GT8) could be

PS, sorry for the low quality images, downloaded the thumbnails from YouTube

Attachments

• IMG_0271.jpeg
    IMG_0271.jpeg
    28.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0272.jpeg
    IMG_0272.jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0273.jpeg
    IMG_0273.jpeg
    10.7 KB · Views: 5
I’m willing to bet that more than 80% of buyers have no clue what the previous update included. Many people just want a racing game for their PS5, and Gran Turismo remains the obvious choice.
This is what people need to factor in when there are sometimes understandable complaints after monthly updates. GT7 had a big push from Sony in the January PSN sales and PD worked a short month due to the Holidays. February could be another quiet month if PD want to ramp up for a larger update in the Spring. Clearly PD aren't releasing anywhere near the content they're producing per month and need to factor in GT8's launch. They'll be mindful to time their updates to bring in new players and maximise player retention.

Last edited:
Not that it was expected, but Gran Turismo 8 will officially not arrive before March 31st 2025. Sony’s 1st Party focus will be new IP like Concorde.

What this does suggest is the big PS5 Pro marketing push will largely be focused around already released 1st Party titles (GT7, Spider-Man 2, HFW?). Plus whatever 3rd Party can showcase (GTA6?).

GT7 was always an obvious choice for a PS5 Pro upgrade. So I expect it to be one of the showcase titles for features like Ray Tracing.

I think/hope that 99.999% of the cars in GT7 will make the transition to the next title, just as we saw every car from GTS come to GT7 - except four. Both variants of the Mercedes-AMG W08, the Fittipaldi VGT, and the alternate Audi R18 '11 that's dirty. So I wonder what cars could get axed in the transition from GT7 to the next title?

My bet is on the Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept Stealth Model and the Red Bull X2019 25th Anniversary Edition, but if the McLaren MP4/4 and/or the Honda RA272 get left behind I'll be so pissed. Or any other car, for that matter; I really hope we don't lose a second VGT to time. On that note, I want Pininfarina to make a new VGT - one that could be available under Pininfarina as a brand itself, perhaps alongside the Battista. It wouldn't be entirely unheard of, either, as Jaguar, Peugeot, and Alpine come to mind as brands that have had additional VGT models.

Last edited:
Not that it was expected, but Gran Turismo 8 will officially not arrive before March 31st 2025. Sony’s 1st Party focus will be new IP like Concorde.

What this does suggest is the big PS5 Pro marketing push will largely be focused around already released 1st Party titles (GT7, Spider-Man 2, HFW?). Plus whatever 3rd Party can showcase (GTA6?).

GT7 was always an obvious choice for a PS5 Pro upgrade. So I expect it to be one of the showcase titles for features like Ray Tracing.

Maybe, a good news for GT7.

Jim Ryan's management plan to allocate almost all PS Studios developers to GAAS games was changed. Ryan will leave this semester and the developers will focus on what they do best. It will take time to make up for lost time.

I hope that, with this, PDI will be guided by PS Studios to dedicate itself to GT7. After all, surprisingly, the GT7 is remaining stable at the top of sales. Logic tells us that the tendency is to invest more and more in the game. I hope the GT7 becomes Sony's MK8.

Last edited:
Lewis Hamilton's 2024 driver cap does not have Gran Turismo on it so I wonder if that is the end of the partnership for now. Wonder if Gran Turismo will get a new Maestro if that is the case?
Hamilton’s connection to GT is beyond just a marketing stunt, he is a genuine GT fan - it’ll just be a matter of if the marketing contract continues or not (or changes) with his switch to Ferrari. Mercedes was involved in the partnership so that could be part of why.

Historically PD have had close connections with Mercedes, RedBull, and Ferrari’s F1 programs, as well as Senna’s estate, which entailed Mclaren and Lotus to an extent. Obviously Hamilton, but also Ocon, Vettel, and Verstappen have appeared to some extent in marketing, events, or actual in-game content, as well as Alonso and Raikkonen’s cars being featured in the past.

As far as I’m aware PD is still well connected with Newey, which could lead to a new RedBull feature like GT5 with Vettel and the original X1 trials, but now with Verstappen. Potentially it could be done something like Hamilton’s trials in GTS but with a modern Redbull F1 car. Or, a return of Hamilton but now with Ferraris come 2025. Or, maybe if Ocon gets the Mercedes seat he’ll be the new Gran Turismo Maestro. :lol:

Since GT5 Prologue every major GT release has featured a licensed F1 car and/or driver feature of some description at some point in its life cycle.

GT5p: 2007 Ferrari/Raikkonen
GT5: 2010 Ferrari/Alonso + Vettel/X1 project
GT6: 1985 Lotus/Senna
GTS: 2017 Mercedes/Hamilton + TT DLC
GT7: 1988 Mclaren/Senna

So, it’s not crazy to think something could come of any of the many connections PD has. Not impossible for more F1 content to feature in 7 even, LH DLC came out just over 2 years after GTS’s launch.

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but for some time, if you went to your profile on the official website, the little image for which license you had wouldn't display if you had any of the Master licenses. However, it does now. (But it seems like they're still working on Instagram integration.)

EDIT: As for a potential release for GT8, I don't think that'll be for some time, given Kaz's statement on how many players are still around for GT7. I think once they start seeing players drop either to a certain amount, at a certain rate over a certain timespan, or something like that, then they'll really get things going with the next title.

I, for one, am not in a huge rush for the next title, as I still think GT7 has some notable room to grow in sheer content. For example, we've only gotten a single new mission pack since launch. I'm not just talking about the 24h endurances that they've mentioned, but it would also seem that the final drag race mission implies there are more like it to come.

Last edited:
Where still early in this games life cycle, I think they just need to fix and learn from the current title's problems before moving quickly onto the next title leaving strewn wreckage behind, it's always this false hope that the next title will fix the problems, GT8 probably will still be on the same platform, but with more content, why not instead spend more time flushing out the current games issues that way the next title will be a much better game.

I also remain curious as to what sort of Bonus Menus could come next? That is, excluding future cars that could come with an update, like the Suzuki Jimny. Maybe a F1500T-A event, with rounds at former Grand Prix venues like Fuji and Brands Hatch, with ideally minimal overlap with the Super Formula rounds. Could especially be nice if we see the return of Indianapolis and its infield course.

Last edited:
I also remain curious as to what sort of Bonus Menus could come next? That is, excluding future cars that could come with an update, like the Suzuki Jimny. Maybe a F1500T-A event, with rounds at former Grand Prix venues like Fuji and Brands Hatch, with ideally minimal overlap with the Super Formula rounds. Could especially be nice if we see the return of Indianapolis and its infield course.
An f1500t-a event would be awesome or even better an mclaren mp4/4 event!!!

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but for some time, if you went to your profile on the official website, the little image for which license you had wouldn't display if you had any of the Master licenses. However, it does now. (But it seems like they're still working on Instagram integration.)

EDIT: As for a potential release for GT8, I don't think that'll be for some time, given Kaz's statement on how many players are still around for GT7. I think once they start seeing players drop either to a certain amount, at a certain rate over a certain timespan, or something like that, then they'll really get things going with the next title.

I, for one, am not in a huge rush for the next title, as I still think GT7 has some notable room to grow in sheer content. For example, we've only gotten a single new mission pack since launch. I'm not just talking about the 24h endurances that they've mentioned, but it would also seem that the final drag race mission implies there are more like it to come.
Good catch on the Super Licence icon. Been wondering why it wasn’t displaying.

I find it weird for the weekly races to show completed when it’s supposed to be a “new” weekly race. Should be slightly different to the completed event.

Been feeling a bit fed up with GT7 the past couple of weeks so for a break I started a new game in GT4 at the weekend.

God it is so much better, isn’t it? Maybe it’s just the early game, but having so much choice in used car dealerships full of mad ****boxes, it’s really exciting. I got a Toyota Starlet Glanza V as my starter car, very happy with it, but it was a hard decision out of a shortlist of at least a dozen different cars. Managed to beat the Sunday Cup and FF challenge with it, and went on to buy a cool looking 80’s Mitsubishi Gallant for the 4WD challenge, then a RWD Skyline GTS-R and a Yaris Sport for the Vitz one-make race. There’s so much choice and different ways to go about things.

GT4 is simply leagues above GT7 in at least that aspect, and it’s a really important aspect imo.

If we are to get endurance races that they promised, (over a year ago at this point,) I hope they address the delta when it comes to pit stops.

At tracks like Daytona, you can lose anywhere from 5-10 seconds on the cars your racing just by having a woefully longer pit stop.

For some reason it takes an age longer than the AI manage to box, makes the 4 Chilli Pepper event in Group 3 nigh on impossible to win.

Going to experiment and see if it's just an issue when you pit at the same time as other cars (which is an issue in itself, but at least one you try and mitigate)

Been feeling a bit fed up with GT7 the past couple of weeks so for a break I started a new game in GT4 at the weekend.

God it is so much better, isn’t it? Maybe it’s just the early game, but having so much choice in used car dealerships full of mad ****boxes, it’s really exciting. I got a Toyota Starlet Glanza V as my starter car, very happy with it, but it was a hard decision out of a shortlist of at least a dozen different cars. Managed to beat the Sunday Cup and FF challenge with it, and went on to buy a cool looking 80’s Mitsubishi Gallant for the 4WD challenge, then a RWD Skyline GTS-R and a Yaris Sport for the Vitz one-make race. There’s so much choice and different ways to go about things.

GT4 is simply leagues above GT7 in at least that aspect, and it’s a really important aspect imo.

I agree with single player and how gt4 take use of every car is miles better than gt7, but everything else go to gt7 by miles

Back