Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,120 comments
Since you guys often mention GT8 and PS6 I have one question...
I recently purchased T300 GT Edition wheel plus TH8A shifter add on...
I'm really enjoying it so far but I wasn't really thinking about it being compatible with next GT game or PS6 for that matter...
It should work with future game and hardware too right?

I'm really enjoying it so far but I wasn't really thinking about it being compatible with next GT game or PS6 for that matter...
it should only problem I see that ps6 could only have usb c support

Who knows. I have a Hori RAP.V3 (fighting stick) that I bought for PS3 that doesn't work on PS4.

Last edited:
With all the talks of which console the next GT game will release on, let’s break this all down:

Each PlayStation console release since the PS2 has been almost exactly 7 years apart from each other.

PS2 - March 2000
PS3 - November 2006
PS4 - November 2013
PS5 - November 2020

While this pattern would indicate a November 2027 release for the PS6, consider the other current and past landscapes the tech industry has been facing:

• Covid caused slow deployment and uptick initially in new hardware with chip shortages
  • In general, hardware performance increases over time has been decelerating
  • Xbox is struggling with hardware sales, now releasing some of its exclusives and IP’s on PlayStation and other competitors
  • Nintendo is gearing up for the successor to the Switch very soon
  • GDDR7 type RAM will begin to roll out for consumers later this year

I wouldn’t be surprised if Sony goes for a PS5 pro model to compete with Nintendo’s new Switch, and then push the PS6 back a bit, maybe ‘28 or ‘29. The PS5 didn’t really exit its “scalping era” till around late 2022, and I think there’s a lot it still has to offer given there’s still games being released on it that are cross platform. A Pro within the next 12-18 months could push the hard PS5 switch. Pushing the PS6 back could potentially allow that console to make use of GDDR8 when it’s cheaper to manufacture, as well as giving the 5 Pro more legs. Nintendo doesn’t generally operate on the schedules of the other hardware giants, and Xbox is struggling, so Sony would have the opportunity to take advantage of the max market IMO.

Going by this, I would expect the next GT game to be a PS5 exclusive, potentially taking advantage of the rumored 5 Pro. The last 4 GT games have taken an average of 4-4.5 years to develop, the PS3 making things wacky with an extra long and extra short dev time.

• GT5 ~5.5 years (November 2010)
  • GT6 3 years (December 2013)
  • GTS ~3.8 years (October 2017)
  • GT7 ~4.5 years (March 2022)

While the pattern indicates a Spring or Fall 2026 release date, this could be another GT6 type situation, where the engine and groundwork has already been built with 7 (and Sport, similar in a way to 5 and 5 Prologue), and doesn’t have to deal with cross-gen shenanigans in development. It could be a 2025 game potentially, but the intentions with 7 have been extremely vague, so it’s hard to say.

Post launch support for GT7 has been very underwhelming, and so far this has been the longest amount of time an online predecessor was left alive following a new release. It seems like 7 has been waiting to offer more but nothing really happens, neither accelerating or decelerating content drops. It’s been having more sporadic and cloudy semi-monthly content drops that are sort of a crap shoot for having medium or micro amounts of content (at least in comparison to Sport), with maybe two or three large drops (Human comedy, Sophy, Spec II respectively). It doesn’t seem like 7 has really started to slow down yet, just enter another cloudy phase, it’s been really unpredictable and directionless. The game has potential but PD hasn’t expanded it much in ways that really matter, and I don’t know if that’s been intentional or not for the design team to focus on doing GT8 “correctly” - I wouldn’t say any game since 5 or earlier has been done “correctly”.

Regardless, I would think a GT8 would line up better with a PS5 Pro than a PS6 in terms of hardware timelines.

Last edited:
With all the talks of which console the next GT game will release on, let’s break this all down:

Each PlayStation console release since the PS2 has been almost exactly 7 years apart from each other.

PS2 - March 2000
PS3 - November 2006
PS4 - November 2013
PS5 - November 2020

While this pattern would indicate a November 2027 release for the PS6, consider the other current and past landscapes the tech industry has been facing:

• Covid caused slow deployment and uptick initially in new hardware with chip shortages
  • Xbox is struggling with hardware sales, now releasing some of its exclusives and IP’s on PlayStation and other competitors

I wouldn’t be surprised if Sony goes for a PS5 pro model to compete with Nintendo’s new Switch, and then push the PS6 back a bit, maybe ‘28 or ‘29. The PS5 didn’t really exit its “scalping era” till around late 2022, and I think there’s a lot it still has to offer given there’s still games being released on it that are cross platform. A Pro within the next 12-18 months could push the hard PS5 switch. Pushing the PS6 back could potentially allow that console to make use of GDDR8 when it’s cheaper to manufacture, as well as giving the 5 Pro more legs. Nintendo doesn’t generally operate on the schedules of the other hardware giants, and Xbox is struggling, so Sony would have the opportunity to take advantage of the max market IMO.

Going by this, I would expect the next GT game to be a PS5 exclusive, potentially taking advantage of the rumored 5 Pro. The last 4 GT games have taken an average of 4-4.5 years to develop, the PS3 making things wacky with an extra long and extra short dev time.

While the pattern indicates a Spring or Fall 2026 release date, this could be another GT6 type situation, where the engine and groundwork has already been built with 7 (and Sport, similar in a way to 5 and 5 Prologue), and doesn’t have to deal with cross-gen shenanigans in development. It could be a 2025 game potentially, but the intentions with 7 have been extremely vague, so it’s hard to say.

Post launch support for GT7 has been very underwhelming, and so far this has been the longest amount of time an online predecessor was left alive following a new release. It seems like 7 has been waiting to offer more but nothing really happens, neither accelerating or decelerating content drops. It’s been having more sporadic and cloudy semi-monthly content drops that are sort of a crap shoot for having medium or micro amounts of content (at least in comparison to Sport), with maybe two or three large drops (Human comedy, Sophy, Spec II respectively). It doesn’t seem like 7 has really started to slow down yet, just enter another cloudy phase, it’s been really unpredictable and directionless. The game has potential but PD hasn’t expanded it much in ways that really matter, and I don’t know if that’s been intentional or not for the design team to focus on doing GT8 “correctly” - I wouldn’t say any game since 5 or earlier has been done “correctly”.

Regardless, I would think a GT8 would line up better with a PS5 Pro than a PS6 in terms of hardware timelines.
I pretty much agree with you. IMHO, GT8 won't be out before late 2026 but it could also get held back and delayed for 2027. On the other hand, PS6 won't be out before late 2027 or 2028, anyway.... Therefore, they still have plenty of time to launch GT8 before the PS6 release, and I would see GT8 being ported on the latter indeed after PS6 launch in order to sell further. That being said, it will be a cross gen game marking the dawn of the PS5 lifecycle and the beggining of the PS6 generation.

Last edited:
PS5 Pro
PS6
what would be the selling point/killer application(s) of these systems?
ps1 -> cds as storage
ps2 -> dvd discs, hdd & networking support (and to some degree 1080i support)
ps3 -> bluray discs, full hd (1080p)
ps4 -> vr?
(ps4 pro -> 4k, hdr)
ps5 -> uhd discs, 4k, hdr, 120hz, vrr, ssd

ps1 -> cds as storage
ps4 -> vr?
(ps4 pro -> 4k, hdr)
PS6 - Blu Ray 8K, 240Hz, VRR2, PSVR3, more powerful SSD, 8k 60 fps no ray tracing/4K 120 fps with more advanced Ray tracing enabled

PS2 - March 2000
PS3 - November 2006
PS4 - November 2013
PS5 - November 2020

PS6 is 2028, PS5 Pro is this year, GT8 will be 2028 and likely a cross gen game. There have always been 2 mainline Gran Turismo game for each PlayStation gen. GT1 & 2 were on PS1, GT3 & 4 were on PS2, GT5 & 6 were on PS3, GT Sport & GT7 on PS4, GT7(cross gen with PS4) & GT8 on PS5, GT8(cross gen with PS5) & GT9 will be on PS6. We know PS6 is launching 2028 because it leaked during Microsoft's FTC trial when next gen would start, also we know this because Sony puts out pro console at half way point in the gen. PS4 Pro came out 3 years after base PS4 launch, PS5 Pro is coming 4 years after base PS5 launch, half way point is this year 2024, this will be an 8 year gen ending in 2028.

Last edited:
PS6 is 2028, PS5 Pro is this year, GT8 will be 2028 and likely a cross gen game. There have always been 2 mainline Gran Turismo game for each PlayStation gen. GT1 & 2 were on PS1, GT3 & 4 were on PS2, GT5 & 6 were on PS3, GT Sport & GT7 on PS4, GT7(cross gen with PS4) & GT8 on PS5, GT8(cross gen with PS5) & GT9 will be on PS6. We know PS6 is launching 2028 because it leaked during Microsoft's FTC trial when next gen would start, also we know this because Sony puts out pro console at half way point in the gen. PS4 Pro came out 3 years after base PS4 launch, PS5 Pro is coming 4 years after base PS5 launch, half way point is this year 2024, this will be an 8 year gen ending in 2028.
Game development in the age of HD isn't what it used to be. It takes so, so, so much more time and money and manpower to pump out content at the quality level of GT7. There's no reason to think that old rules still apply.
Next Xbox comes out 2026. Sony will not want to give Microsoft 12 months head start.
Assuming the Xbox is still even a competitor and not just a branded PC with Game Pass pre-installed...

Last February five cars were added plus PSVR2. I wonder if we’ll finally be able to add more than three cars to Scapes(without photoshopping). It’s so wrong PD make the update shots with more than three cars and we can’t(again without trickery) in game. Actually, just below, made my first photoshopped photo ever. Seriously.
View attachment 1331247
Hope PD can make it real , 5 Cars will be great ;)

Finally a car invitation ticket...

... for a Bugatti. I'm starting to think that GT Gods don't like Aston Martins (or they don't like me).
Wish I could trade you a couple Aston invites for your Bugatti! I have three accounts, two of them have three Veyrons each. Despite getting over 2 dozen Bugatti invites, my 3rd account has never ever received even one.

Last edited:
Next Xbox comes out 2026. Sony will not want to give Microsoft 12 months head start.
1708843275857.png

ps1 -> cds as storage
ps4 -> vr?
(ps4 pro -> 4k, hdr)
Currently the PS5 already reduces resolution to an upscaled 1440/1080p for 120hz, in fact sometimes it even does it in 60hz while in performance mode. The Pro would likely be able to combine the functionality of performance and resolution mode on on the standard PS5 into its one base mode with a fully solid locked FPS and 4K, maybe some super sampling, or possibly also offer an 8k or 240hz mode. Might also enable higher outputs to VR2? I’m not as well researched on VR though. Raytracing is becoming more prevalent and it might be able to be implemented at higher resolutions as well.

Back