Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,119 comments
Really like the new trailer and all
I really like the return of used car dealership, return of proper car tuining and upgrading, returning of classic tracks...
Although, I'm missing more brand new cars and brand new tracks that they were never in GT franchise before.
I mean nostalgia is nice and all but you cannot live from the past all the time. I have seen some brand new cars but tracks not yet.
I suppose they're working on it (many 100% new cars and tracks). Let's hope so.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if the decals/liveries we have created will transfer over to GT7, I really hope so.

As for circuits, will we finally get Pikes Peak? PD have been sitting on that exclusivity deal for a while now without a peep about it. Could the Track Path Editor make a return?

As much as I loved the nostalgia trip of the trailer, I'm having a hard time finding anything to be particularly excited about other than the relatively close release date. It's all stuff that I've seen and played before.

As someone who skipped GTS after being burnt with GT6, I'm not seeing anything that stands out as an amazing feature that defines the game. GTS had it's online championships and Scapes. GT6 had the Course Maker and a million bajillion cars. GT5 had a single bajillion cars and online play. GT4 was just enormous and spanned the world in a way the games hadn't done before. GT3 was an incredible graphical step up. GT2 was enormous.

I hope that they start revealing more new and exciting things with future trailers. I want to see something I've never experienced before. Nostalgia is fine and all, but it's not enough.

The tralier was great and I'm glad gran turismo is going back to its roots with GT7 but I ain't go lie....I was hoping for more. Yea it's great seeing classic circuits, used car dealership, new cars, and etc but I was hoping they added something new. Like engine swaps or muti class racing. They pretty much took everything from the past GT games and implemented to GT7 which once again isn't a bad thing but there's nothing new to the series when it comes to features. Just imagine how much more excited people would've gotten if they confirmed engine swaps and muti class racing. Without a doubt I'm buying the game especially with it being a full gt title this time but im hoping they announce more regarding features. I would like to think if there was new features like that they would've shown them in that tralier. I'm still excited but I want more than what their offering.

As much as I loved the nostalgia trip of the trailer, I'm having a hard time finding anything to be particularly excited about other than the relatively close release date. It's all stuff that I've seen and played before.

As someone who skipped GTS after being burnt with GT6, I'm not seeing anything that stands out as an amazing feature that defines the game. GTS had it's online championships and Scapes. GT6 had the Course Maker and a million bajillion cars. GT5 had a single bajillion cars and online play. GT4 was just enormous and spanned the world in a way the games hadn't done before. GT3 was an incredible graphical step up. GT2 was enormous.

I hope that they start revealing more new and exciting things with future trailers. I want to see something I've never experienced before. Nostalgia is fine and all, but it's not enough.
Same, and what's more is that I simply dont trust PDI to deliver their promis. I dont feel safe that I can assume everything I see in the video is as I expect it to be. There is surely no way PDI can release a game now without people beings like wtf why was this in the video but it's not in game etc.

Can't wait to engage in a GT500 carrier mode race and finding me fighting a GT3 car, then realize while I'm P2 that a Mazda 787b is leading the field 50 seconds ahead.

I don't think feeding nostalgia by reproducing old errors is a good step forward. Hope I'm wrong, but it looks like they are still more cars passionates than motorsports lovers.

While waiting to learn more, I'm a little bit concerned...

I for one am quietly excited. I still play GT Sport loads now and I think it’s a pretty solid foundation.

If GT7 is the quality of GT Sport with the classic GT Mode of the old games (of course with next-gen stuff like ray tracing and quicker loading times bla bla bla) then I am 200% for it.

If it’s based on something that I like and I play now, but better… Can’t complain really

There's places like GT website explaining what GT Cafe is, but not in the trailer. Not a new feature, but I'm hoping that Wide Body in GT Auto can function like Racing Modification, which is a feature I'm excited for (and was only in GT1/GT2, but underused in GT5).
The tralier was great and I'm glad gran turismo is going back to its roots with GT7 but I ain't go lie....I was hoping for more. Yea it's great seeing classic circuits, used car dealership, new cars, and etc but I was hoping they added something new. Like engine swaps or muti class racing. They pretty much took everything from the past GT games and implemented to GT7 which once again isn't a bad thing but there's nothing new to the series when it comes to features. Just imagine how much more excited people would've gotten if they confirmed engine swaps and muti class racing. Without a doubt I'm buying the game especially with it being a full gt title this time but im hoping they announce more regarding features. I would like to think if there was new features like that they would've shown them in that tralier. I'm still excited but I want more than what their offering.
Probably there's some of a glimpse for multi-class racing, like Porsche 917 putting up a fight against modern gr3 cars.
That little home screen town should be drivable in. Just add some abandoned airport to have a meetup spot and do drag races. That would've been perfect. :guilty:
GT free roam?!

Jokes aside that's what I hoped too for map menu, other than day/night cycle which they did now.

They do not mention the Sport Mode, so if they dont show us about physics we cant asume anything.

Also, Gran Turismo is for everyone, for childreans to old people.

You want a hardcore sim? This not your game. You want only real circuits? This is not your game. You want only real cars? This is not your game.

Sim racing had a lot of diversity, just enjoy what you want.

Indeed. So far it's just Gran Turismo Nostalgia, another copy paste of the same old formula again with bits of GTS tacked on.

Hopefully they are saving some new stuff for later reveals.

Another thing that I want to point, if we have 420 cars and 90 roads at launch is not a problem.

You have to remember who Sport Mode and FIA races are still part (and a esencial one) of the Gran Turismo Series. So to mantain fresh the thing, they gona update the game like the first years of GT Sport to bring fans closer to the GTC.

I think its a good idea. I want to share with the community the silhouettes XD

Last edited:
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the updated menu?
8F30CCE9-8F4E-48C9-91B4-2E8479C42D73.jpeg

6134B3B6-5F78-47C3-8F9A-BDE0D139A16F.jpeg

None of that tells me the physics will be the same as GTS.
There may be minor tweaks, in the same vein of those brought to GTS via updates, but at its heart I can guarantee that, under all the cosmetic changes, it is GTS. Since this is the first time that different Playstation generations have shared a CPU with the same instruction set (AMD x86-64) and the GPU is not vastly different (evolutionary rather than revolutionary) then the chance of PD going mad with vast changes to the underlying physics and graphics engines hovers somewhere around nought and nil. Lets not forgot, that PD make their own physics/graphics engine, if they can re-use 90% of the GTS code then, from a business perspective, they will reuse 90% of that code. For them its like Christmas has come early.

If you're expecting revolutionary, rather than evolutionary, changes then I strongly suspect you're going to be rather disappointed.
but the mere thought of physics and everything in that department getting straight forward ported on to GT Sport
"Porting" is usually the process of refactoring code to run on different architectures/platforms (like from console to PC, or PC to Mac, etc) or to different game development platforms (like Unreal Engine and Unity). Since this is the first time that different PS4 console generations have shared a CPU with the same instruction set (AMD x86-64) and the GPU is not vastly different (evolutionary rather than revolutionary) then its not really a "port" to the PS5 either.

this is quite likely I think. Wasn't the reason that they didn't add it to GTS because the console wouldn't be able to run it properly?
I think it was more a case of they wanted to go with accurate "lighting" because, lets face it, if you look at most online rooms very few races are of a duration for which dynamic weather conditions would be really worthwhile. Its probably data from online rooms in GT6 which informed PD about most online race durations and if the majority of people run ~5 lap races (which I recall they did and that trend continued into GTS) then perhaps PD judged that global illumination (and thus dynamic weather conditions) wasn't worth the effort... Besides which its easier to prebake textures than it is to code a global illumination engine. Yes, I appreciate dynamic lighting was probably a feature liked by many people, but if that many is still a minority then, at the end of the day, PD are a business like any other and had to decide what is worth spending spend their time and money on.

I feel like I'm the only one, well... one of the few, who likes the new menu. I feel like the original one will get boring. Perhaps we will be able to set different environments, ToD, weather, etc for the new scenic menu. I get the cartoony aspect is a bit weird, but the concept has merit.

Is there any footage of weather and/or time changing during a race? Not sure if I missed it.
No. The only hint is a moisture meter in the Tsukuba/High Speed Ring footage, which suggests surface water levels are variable.

Back