Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,119 comments
I love watching replays in GTS and hope you can fly a drone camera during a replay and record it. Or at least have multiple angles to choose from.

That Tsukuba scene looks kind of gross but Le Mans, for example, looks beautiful, imo. Maybe some tracks are finished and some are still a work in progress. Adding WIP footage to trailers is pretty common.
I too hope that the replay can have a free camera similar to Counter Strike's spectator mode. Probably if there are recording, someone can recreate something like, previous game intros with accurate camera angle.

I love watching replays in GTS and hope you can fly a drone camera during a replay and record it. Or at least have multiple angles to choose from.

That Tsukuba scene looks kind of gross but Le Mans, for example, looks beautiful, imo. Maybe some tracks are finished and some are still a work in progress. Adding WIP footage to trailers is pretty common.
As much as I love to have that drone camera as a feature, GT engine isn't built for an open world game, it will expose the flaws of the visuals. The further you go the more pop in, low poly details you'll see. They certainly don't want the player to see all of those. It's a racing game meant to be played with first person or third person camera, so you can see the details up close.

Last edited:
I like what Poly want to do with GT7. That said, I'm not impressed by the graphics. I can't believe that Poly just can't make beautiful detailed tracks today. They went from the best to something too generic IMO. It's just common sense, why did they include this scene in the trailer?!! The gap between Forza Horizon and GT in terms of tracks details is ridiculous. 30 fps or not. I will buy GT7 for sure, but I know what to expect from Poly today. If they think it's good enough to show this scene in the most viewed Sony event of the year... that some low ambitions. This is at the same time sad and funny. Racing at Alsace track on my PS5 :lol:

View attachment 1079410
I don't know why but it looks like unmodified port from gt5, 6. The trees cast no shadows and whole scene has low quality textures.
Can it be just a work-in-progress version?

Gran Turismo is slowly switching from a video game to an automotive digital art museum where you can see past, modern and future cars with a feature to take them to a race track virtually. Even Ai is useless might as well remove it. Cars in Gran turismo are meant to be looked at and photographed. That's why the game doesn't even have damage.
Gran Turismo 8 will be an NFT. That's where the franchise is headed.

It is me or this side profile looks like a Nissan 370Z?
umd_Gran-Turismo-7_2021_09-09-21_020-scaled.jpg

umd_Gran-Turismo-7_2021_09-09-21_020-scaled 2.jpg

nissan-10370z40thcoupe-002.jpg

Last edited:
I will probably be hated for this but here is my opinion about that trailer.

* Like a lot of us here I have really good memories about career modes in GT. But the whole concept was new at the time and, we were kids, focusing on trajectories wasn't our first priority, dive bombing with a car twice more powerful than our opponents was our way to go.. As we grow up, we really learn to how to drive, we buy a FFB Wheel, we try to overtake without touching your opponents and this is where I remember a different experience :
  • Select a race / Select a car (similar to the others) / Do the race -> Damn that was so easy, let's try that again !
  • Select a race / Select a car (with less power) / Do the race -> Damn that was still so easy, let's try that again !
  • Select a race / Select a car (with less less power) / Do the race -> Damn my top speed is so slow compared to the first 3 cars it's impossible to win, let's try that again !
  • Etc...
Without a proper AI this career mode has no sense anymore. I think it's really hard to develop good AI because physics engines are complex nowadays and they evolve through updates ! This is a nightmare for developers and I don't think they will ever address it. Racing against real people is the best solution, this is why GT Sport was an excellent move for the series. They could add a Sport mode career with the same limited season budget for everyone and we would have to manage all the purchases (tires, damage repairing, travel expenses, 2nd driver salary on the team...), a co-op mode where you can switch driver in the pitch... but going back to this old career mode is a mistake IMO -> it will never be fun again (except for kids).

* Before the cross gen announcement I was hopping for the "only one GT game with the PS4 gen" but no... They even did worse than GT6 (launching a game on a 7 years old console) with a launch on a 7.5 years old console. Consequences :
  • The game doesn't look nex-gen at all
  • Tracks still feel lifeless as ever
  • Still no visual damage
  • Weather effects seem really shy

* This is clearly a big DLC for GT Sport

* Not a single mention of the physics engine or tire model, I was really hopping something in this area with the Michelin partnership. RIP GT6 2013 trailer

This is the first GT trailer that doesn't hype me at all. Nothing is new or unexpected. GT felt old to me suddenly.

Gran Turismo is slowly switching from a video game to an automotive digital art museum where you can see past, modern and future cars with a feature to take them to a race track virtually. Even Ai is useless might as well remove it. Cars in Gran are meant to be looked at and photographed. That's why the game doesn't even have damage.
Gran Turismo 8 will be an NFT. That's where the franchise is headed.
If the car brand declined to let their car got damaged then what'd you say?
I get that people are worked up and have their own conclusions to draw but hey there's still 7 months before the game drops. I'd hold my breath for now 🤷‍♂️
You're automatically right and intelligent if you talk **** that's the belief held by ppl.

I will probably be hated for this but here is my opinion about that trailer.

* Like a lot of us here I have really good memories about career modes in GT. But the whole concept was new at the time and, we were kids, focusing on trajectories wasn't our first priority, dive bombing with a car twice more powerful than our opponents was our way to go.. As we grow up, we really learn to how to drive, we buy a FFB Wheel, we try to overtake without touching your opponents and this is where I remember a different experience :
  • Select a race / Select a car (similar to the others) / Do the race -> Damn that was so easy, let's try that again !
  • Select a race / Select a car (with less power) / Do the race -> Damn that was still so easy, let's try that again !
  • Select a race / Select a car (with less less power) / Do the race -> Damn my top speed is so slow compared to the first 3 cars it's impossible to win, let's try that again !
  • Etc...
Without a proper AI this career mode has no sense anymore. I think it's really hard to develop good AI because physics engines are complex nowadays and they evolve through updates ! This is a nightmare for developers and I don't think they will ever address it. Racing against real people is the best solution, this is why GT Sport was an excellent move for the series. They could add a Sport mode career with the same limited season budget for everyone and we would have to manage all the purchases (tires, damage repairing, travel expenses, 2nd driver salary on the team...), a co-op mode where you can switch driver in the pitch... but going back to this old career mode is a mistake IMO -> it will never be fun again (except for kids).

* Before the cross gen announcement I was hopping for the "only one GT game with the PS4 gen" but no... They even did worse than GT6 (launching a game on a 7 years old console) with a launch on a 7.5 years old console. Consequences :
  • The game doesn't look nex-gen at all
  • Tracks still feel lifeless as ever
  • Still no visual damage
  • Weather effects seem really shy

* This is clearly a big DLC for GT Sport

* Not a single mention of the physics engine or tire model, I was really hopping something in this area with the Michelin partnership. RIP GT6 2013 trailer

This is the first GT trailer that doesn't hype me at all. Nothing is new or unexpected. GT felt old to me suddenly.
I don’t hate you. I’m just shaking my head, thinking you’re a spoiled, confused brat who doesn’t have the slightest idea what you’re talking about, but that’s fine. You’re not alone.

The only thing I sympathize with in your post is the lack of damage bit. Other than that, I couldn’t disagree more.

Last edited:
I don't understand why PD remakes High Speed Ring many times but Red Rock Valley never remakes. Personally, I prefer Red Rock Valley to High Speed Ring.
I don’t know, but High Speed Ring is legendary for its simplicity. It was the go to split screen multiplayer track for me and my homies in 1999. I hope PD hasn’t changed it too much for GT7…

Think I'm looking forward to Daytona Road Course again. Hopefully, there is a true multi-class function. Not the Dream Car Championship kind of mix-match multi-class.

The RX-Vision road car will be welcome. Should have been in GT Sport at debut. Plus, more rotary powered cars.

Also, a brand loyalty type of rewards. Manu is a big thing in GT Sport. Rewarding players for acquiring specific brands(especially if that brand is partners with PD) and using them the longest, should grant rewards. A few different games have awarded brand loyalty/affinity to players. Be nice if PD have looked into that.

...so, either PD did impossible, or they dropped FPS on PS4 consoles to 30FPS in order to get all the features as on PS5, where PS5 will probably have some other features, full 4k resolution, RayTracing etc. And of course, I presume there will be AMD FSR included :)

Last edited:
Yeah I have doubts it's a stable 60fps on ps4, especially since they're also rendering volumetric procedural 3D clouds instead of skybox texture loops. Environment assets are still straight out of GTSport last-gen quality, but at least they didn't skimp on the dynamic features.

Last edited:
Back