Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,136 comments
It looks better because the code for the Pro version has better resolution. It looks the same on the Pro/PS5 because there is no PS5 specific code.
I have the pro and GTS still looks better on the PS5, the colors are better the images are sharper the frame rate doesn’t stutter… and to take it further every game I have played on the PS5 look way better compared to my pro.

Last edited:
I have the pro and GTS still looks better on the PS5, the colors are better the images are sharper the frame rate doesn’t stutter… and to take it further every game I have played on the PS5 look way better compared to my pro.
placebo or different hdr settings on your ps5, gt sport on ps5 is ps4pro version with slightly faster loading times

Last edited:
snc
placebo or different hdr settings on your ps5, gt sport on ps5 is ps4pro version with slightly faster loading times

So your telling me I’m making this up? And if I have different HDR settings on my PS5(which I never touched), wouldn’t that still make GTS look better than on my pro? This is also for all other games I play… AC ACC and Warzone

So your telling me I’m making this up? And if I have different HDR settings on my PS5(which I never touched), wouldn’t that still make GTS look better than on my pro? This is also for all other games I play… AC ACC and Warzone
Was HDR even enabled on your PS4 Pro? What do you mean by better colours? More vibrant?

There is no difference in the image output from a PS5 and a PS4 Pro when it comes to PS4 games. If you're seeing different colours between the two, it's an issue in your setup, one way or another.

there wasn't any patch for ps5 gt sport and game isn't use dynamic res (its constant 1800cb) so yeah, its probably placebo or as I said different hdr settings (ps5 has tendency for darker image so maybe you perceive it like better/more contrast image)

Last edited:
I think it's in your head except for the frame rate which I never noticed being a problem on the pro anyway. Maybe you're using a better TV, TV settings, or HDMI cable.

Was HDR even enabled on your PS4 Pro? What do you mean by better colours? More vibrant?

There is no difference in the image output from a PS5 and a PS4 Pro when it comes to PS4 games. If you're seeing different colours between the two, it's an issue in your setup, one way or another.
Let me ask you do you have a pro and a PS5? Do you truly think I would buy a pro and not use the HDR option or anybody who would by a pro why buy the pro then? My setup is the same for both systems I play on 65 Q80 Samsung and I will stand by what I said… All the games I have played on my PS5 look better compared to my pro… the color the image and the frame rate or most notable. ACC on the PS5 doesn’t even stutter like it did with my pro besides the replay. I didn’t say omg it looks like a whole new game!! It looks better that’s it.

Edit: Yes I would say the colors pop a lot more with my PS5… I’m not trying to come at you crazy or disrespectful, I am not saying the game looks different like the PS5 made some magical upgrade… what I’m saying the colors pop out more the images look sharper and it’s super smooth. I also notice the audio being louder compared to the PS5.

Last edited:
I have to say placebo too or something is wrong/different settings wise between ur consoles.

I played Sport on the pro a lot too and jumped to the Ps5. Made sure all my settings are correct as i usually do and ive seen no different between them.
Pro also had very little stutter, i barely had frame drops and i always ran it in quality mode (the fake 4K option)

The other games im unfamiliar with... maybe they had a update to perform better?
Edit, ohh acc had bad frame rate if i remember correctly on pro, its apparently locked 60fps on Ps5.

Last edited:
ACC on the PS5 doesn’t even stutter like it did with my bro besides the replay. I didn’t say omg it looks like a whole new game!! It looks better that’s it.
acc is different thing as its much smoother on ps5 even it run for now only in compatible mode, gt sport on ps4pro has already stable framerate

snc
acc is different thing as its much smoother on ps5 even it run for now only in compatible mode, gt sport on ps4pro has already stable framerate
Bro I’m not saying GTS wasn’t stable on the PS4 pro it was but it still would hiccup some times, The PS5 runs butter smooth, this is also for AC,ACC, but ACC in my opinion benefited the best from the PS5.

Last edited:
Let me ask you do you have a pro and a PS5? Do you truly think I would buy a pro and not use the HDR option or anybody who would by a pro why buy the pro then? My setup is the same for both systems I play on 65 Q80 Samsung and I will stand by what I said… All the games I have played on my PS5 look better compared to my pro… the color the image and the frame rate or most notable. ACC on the PS5 doesn’t even stutter like it did with my bro besides the replay. I didn’t say omg it looks like a whole new game!! It looks better that’s it.
Loading times will be better and the frame rates will be better in some situations, but the image being output is exactley the same. The only way you're seeing a different image is because of a difference in setup between the PS4 Pro and PS5 and/or the way the signal is being decoded by the TV. There are reasons you may be seeing a slight difference that you percieve to look better, it's just not down to an improved image being output by the PS5.

Last edited:
Loading times will be better and the frame rates will be better in some situations, but the image being output is exactley he same. The only way you're seeing a different image is because of a difference in setup between the PS4 Pro and PS5 and/or the way the signal is being decoded by the TV. There are reasons you may be seeing a slight difference that you percieve to look better, it's just not down to an improved image being output by the PS5.
I think it might be with the TV working with the PS5 better. Again I’m sorry if I used the wrong words, the pictures and images just look a lot sharper compared to the pro, it’s weird to explain but I’m for sure not making this up.

I just went from PS4 Slim to a PS5, both on a 24" 1080p gaming monitor, and don't notice any difference whatsoever, not even in loading times.
I will vouch for you on loading times, I never notice anything different and that’s will all the games I play.

For Sony and Polyphony, sure. That's their job. Do you work for Sony? For Polyphony?

And part of that is making sure that customers feel like they get value from your products. It's called goodwill. It's quite important for a franchise. It's a big part of how Gran Turismo got to where it is today.

As the consumer I'm not required to advocate for Sony and Polyphony making more money at my expense. Quite the opposite, a free market means that I should attempt to obtain any given product for the lowest price possible. By doing otherwise I would harm not only myself but other consumers who might also try to buy the same product. I'm all for Polyphony making a fair profit from their product, but I'm not on board for deceptive marketing.

Just because you like a game doesn't mean you have to promote the idea of exploitative business practices. You can do what you like, including shilling for Polyphony and Sony. But if you want to also represent yourself as a potential consumer of the product I'm going to call you out for it when you behave like an agent of a corporation. It is not our job to make money for Sony and Polyphony.
Deceptive marketing you say huh? Kinda like when GT7 was announced as a PS5 exclusive title??

Honest question; would you be frantically clutching your PS4 to your chest had PD followed through with what was originally planned with this being a PS5 title and all?

And since you’re gonna be all smart and stuff and bring free market capitalism into this, then surely you have to acknowledge the other half of the FMC argument that you’re choosing to ignore. You know, the part where a consumer has the prerogative to purchase a Ferrari even though he or she could get an equal car for 1/4 of the price with a Corvette. Or where a sim racer can choose to buy a Fanatec wheel base when a G29 will suffice?

Are we allowed to do that in FMC? No??
Hmm…sounds a bit like communism eh? 😂

And don’t worry, I don’t work for Sony or PD. You can take your tinfoil hat off. Besides, in order to work for companies like that, I’d probably need a college degree and stuff like that 👍🏼

Next up!!! @Yard_Sale gets called a fascist!!

I think it might be with the TV working with the PS5 better. Again I’m sorry if I used the wrong words, the pictures and images just look a lot sharper compared to the pro, it’s weird to explain but I’m for sure not making this up.
Nobody said you're making it up, they said it was probably a placebo effect if not a setting issue. You are surely aware of the term, it means you genuinely believe there is a difference even when there isn't it. We've probably all been affected by it at some point in gaming.

That's not the same as you knowing it's the same but saying it's not.

Unless you have two identical TVs and run them both side by side, you can't be absolutely certain they are different. Your brain can be a deceptive beast when you tell it things.

Last edited:
I just went from PS4 Slim to a PS5, both on a 24" 1080p gaming monitor, and don't notice any difference whatsoever, not even in loading times.
yeah, loading times in bc are not that much better (depands on game in gt sport diff is very subtle, one diff you will be first out of pitstop in fia quali on ps5)

Last edited:
I agree, but I would also say that'd be very unrealistic, if not impossible given how different the PS3 architecture is from the PS4's.

Definitely not impossible. There were lots and lots of cross Gen titles from ps3 to ps4. Assassin's Creed Black Flag springs to mind. I would have bought GT6 if it came to PS4.

...not sure if anyone has noticed, but they've changed on store page MP count from 16 to 20... I presume it is for Sport portion of game, but who knows...

Screenshot_20220112-140156~2.png

Maybe we'll get a full lap gameplay video on Daytona very soon, just like it happened with Deep Forest. The gameplay video was posted the day after the confirmation post.
..and maybe next we'll get news of an actual new track. I really can't believe that they'll lead promotion of this game on returning tracks alone.

..and maybe next we'll get news of an actual new track. I really can't believe that they'll lead promotion of this game on returning tracks alone.
Why is this an issue? Of all the things to complain about with GT7 its this?

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back