Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,139 comments
I don't know about you guys, but I'd definitely expect more marketing material as of mid-January. We've had one decent gameplay video... I mean the game is launching in about 6 weeks and this is all they can do? Even if there's a huge marketing campaign starting tomorrow it's already a bit too late for a proper hype build-up imho.
I don't try to understand anymore the marketing team at Poly. For exemple, instead of releasing a nice trailer for the new Ferrari F8 Tributo, they show it in a random japanese booklet. AND they don't even bother to update the official website with the new informations.

Still one of the most beautiful trailer today.

I don't try to understand anymore the marketing team at Poly. For exemple, instead of releasing a nice trailer for the new Ferrari F8 Tributo, they show it in a random japanese booklet. AND they don't even bother to update the official website with the new informations.

Still one of the most beautiful trailer today.

Because that car was just announced back then and Gran Turismo was the first game to showcase the car in it’s game.

...I know that people will be very furious if promised won't be accomplished, GT Sport missed so many features, and now, it seems those missed features are coming back.

No matter what, I will support developers (aka PD) since I've stick with them basically since PS1 era and their first big game Gran Turismo, and every game they released within this franchise I played, and I played a lot... PS2 era was a bit low for me, since I had many other things going on in life back then... but now... I am ready... hope GT7 won't disappoint :)

snc
placebo or different hdr settings on your ps5, gt sport on ps5 is ps4pro version with slightly faster loading times
FYI HDR on PS4/Pro is limited to RGB Limited and I think chroma subsampling due to HDMI 2 lower bandwidth throughput (18Gbs), PS5 uses RGB full in HDR and no subsampling as it is not bandwidth limited with HDMI 2.1 (48Gbs) so it is quite possible to have deeper colours and cleaner image due to no subsampling on an HDMI 2.1 capable device. You might want to check facts first befored discrediting someone

FYI HDR on PS4/Pro is limited to RGB Limited and I think chroma subsampling due to HDMI 2 lower bandwidth throughput (18Gbs), PS5 uses RGB full in HDR and no subsampling as it is not bandwidth limited with HDMI 2.1 (48Gbs) so it is quite possible to have deeper colours and cleaner image due to no subsampling on an HDMI 2.1 capable device. You might want to check facts first befored discrediting someone
my second point was ps5 different hdr settings which you describe it more deeply and then you acuse me of discrediting someone lmao (and no, you can set rgb limited or full and it will make very minor diff, at least on my lg cx, somes even suggest to use limited)

Last edited:
So it looks like Toyota is set to announce its GT3 racer as a Scion and not a Supra as probably everyone expected! Wonder if this will make it into GT7 to replace the GT.3 Supra?!

So it looks like Toyota is set to announce its GT3 racer as a Scion and not a Supra as probably everyone expected! Wonder if this will make it into GT7 to replace the GT.3 Supra?!
Scion has since been long defunct so I highly doubt that it would be that.

This article looks very bogus to me. As someone already pointed out, Scion doesn't exist nowadays and it would be a strange decision to revive it not too long after it's demise. Also the quotes supposedly from Akio Toyoda don't seem real either

Er, the Lugg Nutt is clearly a satirical website....

Last edited:
snc
my second point was ps5 different hdr settings which you describe it more deeply and then you acuse me of discrediting someone lmao (and no, you can set rgb limited or full and it will make very minor diff, at least on my lg cx, somes even suggest to use limited)
Limited is only suggested for compatability with movies which are authored to limited. Its not really just settings but capabilities RGB full will give a larger range of colours 0-255 oppesed to Limited 16-235.

The big thing is the Chroma subsampling which can effect edges and outlines especially fine edges and text, the effect can be pretty major. PS5 has this setting in HDMI -1 (4.2.2) and -2 (4.2.0) as opposed to 4.4.4. Try adjusting this setting on your PS5 and see how it looks on your CX I am sure you will notice some difference to image quality

Some light ereading for you

Try online racing. The intelligence isn't always super high, but it's at least human.
Yeah yeah I know. I´ve had great online races in GTS, but ACC has shown me how good and dynamic AI races can be and it´s hard going back to the slow GTS AI right now.

Limited is only suggested for compatability with movies which are authored to limited. Its not really just settings but capabilities RGB full will give a larger range of colours 0-255 oppesed to Limited 16-235.

The big thing is the Chroma subsampling which can effect edges and outlines especially fine edges and text, the effect can be pretty major. PS5 has this setting in HDMI -1 (4.2.2) and -2 (4.2.0) as opposed to 4.4.4. Try adjusting this setting on your PS5 and see how it looks on your CX I am sure you will notice some difference to image quality

Some light ereading for you
why should I adjust my settings ? I din't complain here at all ;d (tough true is many games looks darker than on ps4 and imo worse but just used dynamic tone mapping instead of recommanded hgig by many), chroma supersampling is only noticable on specific situation and you will always have 4:2:2 on 4k 120hz mode (ps5 hdmi 2.1 bandwidth is caped to 32gb/s) but also no idea why you talking about it, basic setting for it is auto not -1 or -2

Last edited:
snc
one thing that is little strange for me that pd didn't really show dynamic day and weather gameplay, they made quite a big deal of it on blog but we yet have to see day change to night during racing and change of weather
Yep. That's a matter of concern for me too

Yep. That's a matter of concern for me too
Me too. Maybe I'm just old and cynical but I can't believe anything Kaz says until I see it with my own eyes.

Seven weeks out and we haven't seen much. Most AAA games are going all out with marketing now or at least, very soon.

A lap or two with the weather changing would be huge but maybe there is a reason as to why they're not showing it.

All I know of this game so far is that it's GT Sport with cosmetics.

🤣 Bwahahahahahahahahahaha! 🤣

It’s called free market capitalism champ! No one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to buy, or not to buy anything! The only reason for my long-winded answer, was to provide context on how the REAL business WORLD actually works. Not some fantasy world we all wished existed.

Like I said, I’m a blue collar guy who’s not even college educated. But education doesn’t guarantee critical thinking skills…. And understanding how the world works ain’t rocket science.

The only reasons why I support Gran Turismo, is because from my perspective, GT is the best all around racing game out there despite its flaws and my personal quips with the franchise. And it goes without saying that my personal perspective….. is completely subjective.

If something better (for me) comes along, then I’ll put my hard-earned dollars towards that.

And it’s all good either way buddy! The consumers are the ultimate judge and jury wether a product sells, or if a business model is successful.
Unfortunately at thisbpoint many will be getting this game out of curiosity of gameplay and performance. We dont know if the game will be good and only time will tell. I believe most the sales will be from long time fans who want to see whats new

I dont really think PD or Sony really can do anything on the marketing side to encourage more GT sales outside making more ps5’s available .

Unfortunately at thisbpoint many will be getting this game out of curiosity of gameplay and performance. We dont know if the game will be good and only time will tell. I believe most the sales will be from long time fans who want to see whats new

I dont really think PD or Sony really can do anything on the marketing side to encourage more GT sales outside making more ps5’s available .

That's a bit silly. Of course they can do more to market the game. And don't forget it is also available for PS4 owners. Sony has had the tendency lately to focus their marketing on a single first party game at a time holding back info on games further out. The latest focus is Forbidden West. Expect a lot more marketing after that game launches.

That's a bit silly. Of course they can do more to market the game. And don't forget it is also available for PS4 owners. Sony has had the tendency lately to focus their marketing on a single first party game at a time holding back info on games further out. The latest focus is Forbidden West. Expect a lot more marketing after that game launches.
Sony and PD can push more marketing but i doubt any notable marketing push will translate into actual sales. I haven’t forgot about ps4 owners (me). From what I’ve observed with sony over the last 20yrs is they market games they know will be a blockbuster. GT in my opinion is mainly made for those who already know and play the game series, seems silly to make a ton of marketing material that’s presents the same game but with different visuals and effects a la PS5. Im holding my breath on the ps4 version

No new cars this time, except that they all feature new liveries, suggesting that a ton of real-world and/or original liveries will be part of the color selection of these race cars. Looks like a mix of IMSA, FIA WEC, Nurburgring 24h and Blancpain in there.

Last edited:
Back