Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,392 comments
Has there ever been a “test drive” feature? Would be cool to try out a car before dropping 450k on a Gr3.
If it’s from a manufacturer available on the manufacturer races then yes you can sign with them and try if for one week.

Just be sure to return it in one piece 😝

Last edited:
Certainly the cars are fast, but I "drove" my share on this track on previous F1 games, I just don't have any fun whatsoever there. It's overlong, it has no high speed corner at all, some sections are really painful. The Vietnam track that we never saw in real was a lot of fun in comparison. Even Baku is a fun track to me.

I'm a bit old school I don't like these night "city" tracks, which are just boring tracks between walls and fences. But great if you like it =)

I think with the fantastic lighting model of GT7 it could be fun.

You can win the CGT after completing Menu 39 so don't do it just yet.
Verified, it's in my garage and there is NO WAY ON THIS SHINY BLUE PLANET that I would have actually bought it!!🤣🤣 It's definitely worth the no credits I spent. To be honest, it's a beast, it's probably worth the 2.3M.

Very happy with the updates that are coming!

Still...

I keep laughing at the explanation from Kaz why they needed to nerf the payouts to balance the ingame economy. They've could easily do this in the next update with new events with higher payouts and nobody would care.

Curious how those 1 hour endurance events will work in missions? Will the payout only be 1 time after we finished it, or will we be able to do those events again (yes you can), and still get the payout a second time for example?

How will the bigger payouts work for circuit experience for those circuits that you already finished?

Will Sport mode have higher payouts and will it be worth it to play this mode?

Will arcade mode have higher payouts?

24u endurance races in missions.... Same question again, what about the payouts if we want to do this a second time for example? And hopefully they implement a save function!

Selling cars. All good and well that we will finally receive this function as i should of been in the game from the start. But what rewards will you get for it? Depending on the value of the car it should be a nice percentage, not some ******** standard 5000 or 10000 credits. Will this affect the prizes in the USD? For example if a certain car is more available, it should lower the price also in USD.

As i said, i'm happy that Kaz and PD listened and that they are adjusting the game. But let it be clear that all these things should have been in the game from the start. Gamers are maybe spoiled these days, but let me tell you so are the developers. We are paying 70-100euros for a game with less than half the content what it used to be. Just to announce that we are getting "free" DLC during the lifespan of the game. BS. I rather pay 70 euro for a COMPLETE game and then pay for any additional DLC that may come our way. Let's hope that from now on we move forward positively with these game and that the coming months the game will get much better content, better payouts and many new cars.

Last edited:
Okay Menu book 39, any tips for this one guys?
For me I just used the gr.3 Atenza, that was gifted to me from a ticket, and I put a high-rpm turbo which raised the bhp to roughly 710 and then put on it a custom race transmission. Set the gears to reach top speed about 190mph since you'll be racing on Le Mans and need that extra speed to catch up.

Last edited:
From what I remember, no, there's never been a specific "test drive" feature in any GT game. It's something that's really needed though, a great way to do it would be to let us access every car in Arcade Mode.

Yeah, I get they want us to buy the cars vs have access out of the box.... but I should be able to test out a few cars before deciding which ones gets my credits.

Just add a test drive feature in the dealership menus that let you run a 1 lap race or time trial.

Anyone have the LaFerrari? I'm tempted to buy one since the invitation is still here. I got an invitation to buy a Carrera GT too but that's more expensive.

I have no interest in it but I won it on a roulette ticket last night. I'd gift it if I could.

That is a nice thing to hear. I am so sick of Kaz' pride where he claims he doesn't pay attention to other games. I think secretly he does he just is too prideful to admit it. And it is apparent that whatever other game(s) he plays must be mobile garbage if he thinks MTX is the best way to design a game economy.
I still like to think the MTXs were the suits at Sony's call.

Last edited:
For me I just used the gr.3 Atenza, that was gifted to me from a ticket, and I put a high-rpm turbo which raised the bhp to roughly 710 and then put on it a custom race transmission. Set the gears to reach top speed about 190mph since you'll be racing on Le Mans and need that extra speed to catch up.
Camaro ZL1, everything added (over 200 on the straights) and very careful around all the corners (it's a Camaro🤣)

Anyone have the LaFerrari? I'm tempted to buy one since the invitation is still here. I got an invitation to buy a Carrera GT too but that's more expensive.
I'm considering getting this one too! Is it 1.6m? A bargain to me compared to other cars in there
Just buy the LaFerarri its a much much better car than the Carrera GT and a lot cheaper. I bought one the first week and love it, its crazy fast and it handle really well.
Gran-Turismo-7-20220317001909.png

Okay Menu book 39, any tips for this one guys?
Either get bronze in the Super license to acquire the Audi R8 Gr3 car, or get gold on Rolling Stone missions to get the Corvette Gr3 - get racing mediums or softs and just do the races like you would normally. There's no fuel consumption, nor tire wear so it isn't that difficult. Perseverance is key.

Camaro ZL1, everything added (over 200 on the straights) and very careful around all the corners (it's a Camaro🤣)
Well that's one way you can do this championship. I only chose the Gr.3 Atenza because it was gifted to me from a ticket. I was reluctant to spend more than necessary to finish the book. :lol:

Can't wait for the ability to sell cars to come back so I can sell the car though. I don't do Sport mode so I've no reason to really use it or keep it.

Last edited:
I just got the Round and Round trophy (Drive 500 miles (804.672 km) on oval tracks) mainly by racing in Daytona and custom races at Northen Isle and this got me thinking:
What if (and this is a very big fictional IF) PD decided to add their own version of american stock cars? Similar to what they did with Gr.B cars and the F1500T-A.

We already got Route X, Daytona, Northen Isle and maybepossiblywhoknows Indianapolis(?). Imagine the possibilities and all the liveries!

I mean, can't be worse than the last nascar game... :embarrassed:

I just got the Round and Round trophy (Drive 500 miles (804.672 km) on oval tracks) mainly by racing in Daytona and custom races at Northen Isle and this got me thinking:
What if (and this is a very big fictional IF) PD decided to add their own version of american stock cars? Similar to what they did with Gr.B cars and the F1500T-A.

We already got Route X, Daytona, Northen Isle and maybepossiblywhoknows Indianapolis(?). Imagine the possibilities and all the liveries!

I mean, can't be worse than the last nascar game... :embarrassed:
Then they'd also have to add American style cautions and make the AI not freak out when you're bumpdrafting them... But let's hope they do.

Back