Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,396 comments
I just got the Round and Round trophy (Drive 500 miles (804.672 km) on oval tracks) mainly by racing in Daytona and custom races at Northen Isle and this got me thinking:
What if (and this is a very big fictional IF) PD decided to add their own version of american stock cars? Similar to what they did with Gr.B cars and the F1500T-A.

We already got Route X, Daytona, Northen Isle and maybepossiblywhoknows Indianapolis(?). Imagine the possibilities and all the liveries!

I mean, can't be worse than the last nascar game... :embarrassed:
Generic stock cars and trucks are strangely what I want most. I'm not even into NASCAR, but I think it would add a lot of fun to the game.

Generic stock cars and trucks are strangely what I want most. I'm not even into NASCAR, but I think it would add a lot of fun to the game.
You can just all get into the same american car a race. Like the camaro ztl or wth is called. That car with a wide body is ****ing awesome.

Odd how some cars audibly rev higher when you install upgrades that increase the RPM, while others sound the same.

Last edited:
Regarding the update statement,he mendioned live service events,or words close,if that means seasonals would we need a paid ps subscription to enter?
The live events in forza 7 that gave rewards,community or special events i think they were called,you didnt need a paid sub to enter them.As long as you had an xbox live account,which you need anyway,you could enter them..

Regarding the update statement,he mendioned live service events,or words close,if that means seasonals would we need a paid ps subscription to enter?
The live events in forza 7 that gave rewards,community or special events i think they were called,you didnt need a paid sub to enter them.As long as you had an xbox live account,which you need anyway,you could enter them..
The ps+ subscription you're already paying to play gt7.

Still wonder how the new content will be incorporated into the game, specifically cars that fall into the used car category, when there released,
will they disappear into some realm until there ready to show up on the used car rotation, or after they are released will they fill the rotation for a certain number of days.

YYEEEESSSSS!!! Thanks to that ticket, the GT40 makes my garage!
Gran Turismo® 7_20220325130240.png

Gran Turismo® 7_20220325130320.png

Gran Turismo® 7_20220325164211.png

Then, I got a 6 star ticket to win this. It wasn't the best prize I could win, but I still call it a victory. I have both R8 LMSs now.
Gran Turismo® 7_20220325140326.png

That ticket allowed me to put my grinding time towards these:
Gran Turismo® 7_20220325163241.png
Gran Turismo® 7_20220325163333.png

Last edited:
Welp, my experiment failed before it even got started. I was going to set out on a quest to peg various road cars to Gr4 standards (~640pp, same tunes, etc) working on the theory that all the Gr4 cars seem to have the exact same suspension, diff, and downforce tuning, varying only in weight, power, gearing, and drive. Well, surely then it can't be hard to modify regular cars to the same standards, eh? It seems that's exactly what PD has done.

Well they didn't lol. Gr4 cars are clearly built differently than road cars, somehow. I took an RX-8 and started modifying away, getting suspension and aero tuned, and immediately noticing that the PP seemed way higher than it should be despite not nearly having enough power yet. I figured I'd start benchmarking some cars at Interlagos and I quickly found the RX-8 basically undriveable at the limit, even with about 100 fewer hp than it should have had. It's just got the weirdest combination of too much front grip and not enough rear grip, nowhere near the amount of low-speed grip and balance any of the FR Gr4 cars have. Mustang, 86, and Supra in particular are infinitely more driveable than the RX-8 with the same chassis tuning and considerably more power.

Anybody else feel like giving this a go? I was hoping I could fairly easily create a list of Gr4-like tunes that could then run online together but as it turns out, road cars are terrible. The actual tuning would have to vary considerably and would look nothing like any of the Gr4 cars, and frankly I'm not sure their PP would correlate either. I never tried a widebody for the large tires, though most Gr4 cars have wider tires without a widebody kit.

Welp, my experiment failed before it even got started. I was going to set out on a quest to peg various road cars to Gr4 standards (~640pp, same tunes, etc) working on the theory that all the Gr4 cars seem to have the exact same suspension, diff, and downforce tuning, varying only in weight, power, gearing, and drive. Well, surely then it can't be hard to modify regular cars to the same standards, eh? It seems that's exactly what PD has done.

Well they didn't lol. Gr4 cars are clearly built differently than road cars, somehow. I took an RX-8 and started modifying away, getting suspension and aero tuned, and immediately noticing that the PP seemed way higher than it should be despite not nearly having enough power yet. I figured I'd start benchmarking some cars at Interlagos and I quickly found the RX-8 basically undriveable at the limit, even with about 100 fewer hp than it should have had. It's just got the weirdest combination of too much front grip and not enough rear grip, nowhere near the amount of low-speed grip and balance any of the FR Gr4 cars have. Mustang, 86, and Supra in particular are infinitely more driveable than the RX-8 with the same chassis tuning and considerably more power.

Anybody else feel like giving this a go? I was hoping I could fairly easily create a list of Gr4-like tunes that could then run online together but as it turns out, road cars are terrible. The actual tuning would have to vary considerably and would look nothing like any of the Gr4 cars, and frankly I'm not sure their PP would correlate either. I never tried a widebody for the large tires, though most Gr4 cars have wider tires without a widebody kit.
The race cars have much more downforce.

I'm doing it, I already have a collection of street cars prepared for GR4, the RX8 among them.

d9bc3489a0663f512991cdc8b753b9c4-photo.webp

You are partially right in what you say, even if you put aerodynamic parts, the aerodynamic load of the GR4 is greater which makes them have more grip and be more stable with some exceptions, for example the Camaro LZ1 or the Ferrari F430, they have the same stability as a Gr4 and the same performance.
Another thing I've noticed is that for a commercial car to perform the same as a gr4, the PP needs to be a bit higher. A commercial car with about 660-670PP is equal to a GR4 of 650PP.

That said, you can put any of these cars, even the RX8 with 665PP against GR4 in custom races on equal terms, to drive it to the limit you just need a good suspension setup

Last edited:
The ps+ subscription you're already paying to play gt7.
I dont have a ps plus sub.Not because im a tightwad,but i never play online or have any intetest in it also there are a lot of times im unable to game so would be wasted.
Sport mode and lobby need plus. As does the meeting place at the circuits. Everything else doesn't need it.
I had no idea. Assumed ps+ was needed to access anything in the game.
@Tired Tyres is correct.

The rule on both Xbox and PlayStation is you only need an internet connection to access the stuff that requires connectivity (which is most of GT7), and you only need to have a paid subscription - Gold or Plus - for online multiplayer. Sport Mode, Multiplayer and, yes, Meeting Places in World Circuits.

That means that if "seasonals" appear and they involve driving with other humans on the same track at the same time, you'll need PS Plus. If they don't involve driving with other humans on the same track at the same time, you won't.

Nothing But Thieves posted this.

EDIT: I thought it was the online leaderboard time trial mode based on the title, it's just them beating each other at the same race.

Last edited:

Check the Custom Race thread. A few of us are testing set ups with information we’ve gathered from the real cars.

Well that's one way you can do this championship. I only chose the Gr.3 Atenza because it was gifted to me from a ticket. I was reluctant to spend more than necessary to finish the book. :lol:

Can't wait for the ability to sell cars to come back so I can sell the car though. I don't do Sport mode so I've no reason to really use it or keep it.
The Camaro was an earlier Café menu car, so I didn't pay for it either. I'm still waiting to be gifted anything useful as a Gr.3 car.

Tried this too. My M3 '07 tuned, widebodied, lightened, wings and rigidity added has around 700PP in full version. My M4 Gr.4 has a max of about 660PP. The Gr.4 car is just better. On every track, in every race. I can't work out why either

A little speculation on my part, but when you go to DMC in Brand Central, on the "channel" thumbnail shows the sneak preview of their new car that will be unveiled later this year. Do we think it will end up in GT7? 🤔

Edit: Also, I feel like 525k credits for the DeLorean is a bit excessive...

Last edited:
A little speculation on my part, but when you go to DMC in Brand Central, on the "channel" thumbnail shows the sneak preview of their new car that will be unveiled later this year. Do we think it will end up in GT7? 🤔

Edit: Also, I feel like 525k credits for the DeLorean is a bit excessive...
They’re also charging like $120k for a used Maserati GranTurismo which is literally double what a pristine example is worth. Some of these values are off the wall lol

They’re also charging like $120k for a used Maserati GranTurismo which is literally double what a pristine example is worth. Some of these values are off the wall lol
119k Cr. for a Mk.III Supra in UCD. A lot of these values are off the wall.

It's always someone else's fault. :rolleyes:

It's his name at the top of the credits on the game. Whatever anyone else told him, he's ultimately in the best position of anyone to say no. If someone else is telling him how to make the game, he should take his name off as Director and put their name there.
Hey you never know man, before the update the game looked like a big tug of war between he and the suits imo

Last edited:
Back