Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,396 comments
Monaco/CDA is fun in Gran Turismo even if it's a parade in F1.
It's a great track for lower powered or low downforce cars. It's just a bad track for modern F1 cars. It's incredible on pre-downforce era F1 cars though. :)
Hey you never know man, before the update the game looked like a big tug of war between he and the suits imo
It looked to me like a guy struggling to figure out how to stop his game totally tanking because he decided to put hardly any content and a bunch of microtransactions in it. Occams Razor says you don't need to insert Sony into the situation to explain it, it's adequately explained by Polyphony designing the game poorly*. One that is a pretty straight line progression from things that they've done in past games.

*FWIW, the game loop and presentation is fundamentally good, just the game structure around it is atrocious. It looks like Polyphony gets that and is going to make changes, but exactly what those changes are and how they're implemented will make all the difference.

Hey there. Can it be that there isnt an option to load your best lap time ghost in time trial mode?

I can see save my best lap time replay but dont see any way to load that as a ghost.

If people are talking about which old tracks might be fun to have back, like Monaco/CDA for example, I have very fond memories of Amalfi Coast. A brilliant grind because you kept winning a Rally Raid something or other, which you could sell for a lot. There was one hairpin I seem to remember you could stuff the AI into a position it couldn't get out of, which was quite funny too. Plus it looked gorgeous.

Why is it obvious?
42bfdee8c2188ac47e940eaee0688757f1dc46ab3f90e1e51bf7911e5eca8635.jpg

@Tired Tyres is correct.

The rule on both Xbox and PlayStation is you only need an internet connection to access the stuff that requires connectivity (which is most of GT7), and you only need to have a paid subscription - Gold or Plus - for online multiplayer. Sport Mode, Multiplayer and, yes, Meeting Places in World Circuits.

That means that if "seasonals" appear and they involve driving with other humans on the same track at the same time, you'll need PS Plus. If they don't involve driving with other humans on the same track at the same time, you won't.
Ah i understand.That makes sense as the special events on Forza7 you didnt race against anybody on track,just their times which were updated.Thanks for clearing that up.

FINALLY!! I bought the McLaren F1 before it expired. Grinded forever for it. Now sitting back watching the Scapes Movies with this beauty, and wondering if I will keep playing or take a break from the game until April when the updates come. Only other car I need is the Jag XJ13, and I am in no mood to grind for the 12/13M. My hands hurt!

Well then maybe Sony told them to turn it up to 10 🤣
Maybe it was aliens. :rolleyes:

At some point you're just looking for excuses because you don't want to believe that it was Kaz that was ultimately responsible for this. There's nothing to suggest that this isn't the game that he wanted to make other than it's uncomfortable to find out that someone you've held in high regard for decades as an artist and visionary actually just decided to cash in instead of making another masterpiece.

Bought the GT40 yesterday morning. CS tires are a nightmare :crazy:

But once you put on SS tires, it's like a whole different car. Also, don't drive it using Automatic, being stuck on second gear at 60 mph, fiat 500 vibes.

Good car for the American tourney and the Trial Mountain tourney 🏁

Pleasant surprise to win 1m credits at the lottery last night!

Tried to turn a F8 tributo into a Group 4 car. Not bad at all but I expected better. It sounds pretty bad, compared to any car I played in the game so far..

Pleasant surprise to win 1m credits at the lottery last night!

Tried to turn a F8 tributo into a Group 4 car. Not bad at all but I expected better. It sounds pretty bad, compared to any car I played in the game so far..
The f430, 660pp, 400hp and 1320kg aprox, sounds great and is head to head with gr4 cars

Maybe it was aliens. :rolleyes:

At some point you're just looking for excuses because you don't want to believe that it was Kaz that was ultimately responsible for this. There's nothing to suggest that this isn't the game that he wanted to make other than it's uncomfortable to find out that someone you've held in high regard for decades as an artist and visionary actually just decided to cash in instead of making another masterpiece.
There's also nothing that suggests Sony didn't have their hand in this pot either (after all it is their game). Of course Kazzy is ultimately responsible for this, but that doesn't mean he wasn't puppeteered into doing what he did. Again he has his superiors, perhaps Sony wanted to use the game to guage how players would react to the MTXs and the game's rather poor economy seeing that they will be producing more live service games in the next few years. If that is the case then it's ashame Gran Turismo had to be the test monkey so to speak.

P.S. I don't really hold Kaz in any kind of regard, I just like his games lol

Last edited:
There's also nothing that suggests Sony didn't have their hand in this pot either (after all it is their game). Of course Kazzy is ultimately responsible for this, but that doesn't mean he wasn't puppeteered into doing what he did. Again he has his superiors, perhaps Sony wanted to use the game to guage how players would react to the MTXs and the game's rather poor economy seeing that they will be producing more live service games in the next few years. If that is the case then it's ashame Gran Turismo had to be the test monkey so to speak.
Kaz has no power, only money has. Kaz can offer he could do games for MS but that's it. At the end of the day he has a dream job and Sony knows it for sure.

There's also nothing that suggests Sony didn't have their hand in this pot either (after all it is their game).
There's nothing that suggests that aliens didn't do it, after all they control the universe. :rolleyes:

If you're going the "well it's the superiors route" then you're really just blaming Jim Ryan. He may have influenced the direction that Sony is going in to one that encourages developers to monetise games more, but we both know he probably didn't explicitly tell Kaz to put really expensive microtransactions into his game and make the economy brutal so that people would buy them. It would be silly to assume he did without evidence.

And so until there's actual evidence otherwise, the credits have Kazunori Yamauchi as the Director. He is an adult. I've checked. He doesn't need you making excuses for him. He was in charge of making a game, and he did. Whatever instructions he may or may not have been given by other people, it was his decision whether he followed them or not.

Just because someone is your boss doesn't make them all powerful. You can say no. It's super uncomfortable, but sometimes the boss is wrong and you have to point out that if they want something done a certain way then they're going to have to find someone else to do it. When you're in a position like Kaz, that's a surprising amount of leverage.
Do you know two cars in a shop are for 18 mill each, right?
Just 34 million to go! #grindr

There's nothing that suggests that aliens didn't do it, after all they control the universe. :rolleyes:

If you're going the "well it's the superiors route" then you're really just blaming Jim Ryan. He may have influenced the direction that Sony is going in to one that encourages developers to monetise games more, but we both know he probably didn't explicitly tell Kaz to put really expensive microtransactions into his game and make the economy brutal so that people would buy them. It would be silly to assume he did without evidence.

And so until there's actual evidence otherwise, the credits have Kazunori Yamauchi as the Director. He is an adult. I've checked. He doesn't need you making excuses for him. He was in charge of making a game, and he did. Whatever instructions he may or may not have been given by other people, it was his decision whether he followed them or not.

Just because someone is your boss doesn't make them all powerful. You can say no. It's super uncomfortable, but sometimes the boss is wrong and you have to point out that if they want something done a certain way then they're going to have to find someone else to do it. When you're in a position like Kaz, that's a surprising amount of leverage.
I'm speculating, all I'm saying is based on Sony's trajectory these last few years I wouldn't be surprised. None of us know how business is conducted behind closed doors over there. The Aliens at Bathurst probably had nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

Like HSG said the game (while being improved) still has a distinctive "corporate whiff" to it and I tend to agree.

Last edited:
Back