Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,397 comments
It took me 5 tries to get a gold in the 30 min mission around high speed ring. It was hard! I lost control over car a few times and had to fine tune my car for better stability. But it was so satisfying to win.

Not a fat chance. PD has been holding onto that license for a long time now and have seemingly done nothing with it. Expectations are low for it to appear.
Unpopular opinion (probably): To be honest i don't want more rally/pffroad stuff in GT7. I hope we will get more tarmac tracks and road/race cars.

1648322632649.png

Last edited:
I know they plan to notably buff the in-game economy in future updates, but I still don't plan to buy any cars/parts unless regulations necessitate them, both in World Circuits and Sport Mode. I think this approach will result in a real load off my mind, haha! But seriously, in Sport Mode, there seem to be so many potential combinations of regulations that I can't be possibly bothered with buying and tuning two of every single car. Instead, I think I'll get at least one of each car, with me getting two of most road cars. But again, that all depends on various regulations.

EDIT: There's an option for permitting settings, permitting widebodies, and permitting tuning. So that'd mean that to comply with every possible regulation, I'd need three of each car - one to leave as-stock, one tuned without a widebody, and one tuned with a widebody.

EDIT2: Is it just me, or do widebody installations cost more and more as you progress? Is it based on the car, or something like your level?

Last edited:
Is it just me, or do widebody installations cost more and more as you progress? Is it based on the car, or something like your level?
I assume it's based on the car, the same way oil changes are more expensive on race cars and hypercars.

EDIT: There's an option for permitting settings, permitting widebodies, and permitting tuning. So that'd mean that to comply with every possible regulation, I'd need three of each car - one to leave as-stock, one tuned without a widebody, and one tuned with a widebody.
I would expect that there could be a BOP sort of thing that would set all the car values to stock (like in GTS) so that everyone who has a tuned car would not need 2 of them. As for widebodies and aero that would probably be different, esp. since styles are tied in with those modifications

I've just been rallying at Windmills. The last patch has done literally nothing about Flying Car Syndrome. OK, watching a Gr.B Focus apparently attempt a barrel roll was funny, but it was my Focus and it lost me the race. But, that is not even what I find the most annoying. This was a bit of a problem in the GTS dirt races but I swear it's worse. It's the pinball/bounce physics if you happen to glance a fence, or a haybale, or a bank, or a... d'you know what? It doesn't matter what you hit, you come off it like a billiard ball, almost inevitably facing the wrong way. So frustrating

I've just been rallying at Windmills. The last patch has done literally nothing about Flying Car Syndrome. OK, watching a Gr.B Focus apparently attempt a barrel roll was funny, but it was my Focus and it lost me the race. But, that is not even what I find the most annoying. This was a bit of a problem in the GTS dirt races but I swear it's worse. It's the pinball/bounce physics if you happen to glance a fence, or a haybale, or a bank, or a... d'you know what? It doesn't matter what you hit, you come off it like a billiard ball, almost inevitably facing the wrong way. So frustrating
Exactly. This is why i hate them. I refuse to do them, even if Fishermans rally is fastest money method it just isn't fun.

Your opinion doesn't seem to be an unpopular one. A lot of players don't like the offroad racing in the series as a whole due to the wonky physics.
I'd happily have a few more, but only if PD reintroduce Newtonian physics to the tracks first. Not sure what they're using at the moment, but isn't how physics works on planet Earth

Exactly. This is why i hate them. I refuse to do them, even if Fishermans rally is fastest money method it just isn't fun.
I'm not grinding, I'm literally going through the every race, at every circuit one by one (not in any order mind you) and trying for all gold trophies. I've just given up for the day tbh, the controller was in danger of flying lessons!

I second this.

Windmills has the stupidest ‘layout’ of any track I’ve ever seen. The jumps before the finish line that’d literally throw cars into the pits and kill anyone in there. Utterly frustrating. The AI cars fly through, but you have either massively slow down and hand it to the AI, or take a 50-50 chance on instant death.

Every rally event in 7 should be rallycross. None entirely off-road, and none entirely on track (Gr B in central Tokyo? Nah. It suspends my suspension of disbelief...)

Was doing grinds at daytona in the truck but man it gets boring real quick going round in circles, prefer doing track like the high speed ring or Seaside gardens that are at least a bit interesting when driving and though slightly longer too finish you do get more cash.

Your opinion doesn't seem to be an unpopular one. A lot of players don't like the offroad racing in the series as a whole due to the wonky physics.
It's not just the wonky physics. I don't want to "race" on dirt highways and freeways. Either put in a proper rally stage, or don't bother.

This whole "Jack of all trades; master of none" motto they've got going for the last 20 years has gotten really old.

I heard that there's a lot of fans upset about gt7's online server being down, Idk when i'll buy gt7 but I want concrete evidence that my purchase will pay off meaning that it turns out fun and enjoyable, and not boring with the same races.

I heard that there's a lot of fans upset about gt7's online server being down, Idk when i'll buy gt7 but I want concrete evidence that my purchase will pay off meaning that it turns out fun and enjoyable, and not boring with the same races.
If you’re a player that doesn’t have a lot of time to play, there should be enough to get through. This also depends if you prefer solo play and/or sport mode.

Other factors are how you play. Do you like Custom Racing or photography or making liveries? Do you like to collect cars? Build cars? Tune cars? There are lots to do.

If you have the time to play extensively, in one session, the events prove thin.

Latest Posts

Back