Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,367 comments
Well that would be pretty hard since i haven't unlock that track or even have a car that can even finish last on that race. :lol: Im only on menu 12 i think.
I suggest you to run trough single player content, do the licenses, circuit experience, menu books, events and so on.

Dont enter the mindless grind just yet.., or never do it simple has that, all that content will give you cars and money just dont spend it in cars or parts you dont really need...
For shure theres plenty on guides outhere, here in the forum and on youtube, but as long as you dont focus to much on spending money and do all the content that give you good prices youll be fine.

when you get better try to learn on youtube how to improve so you can try online races or private leagues.

The key thing is, dont spend money on cars you dont need, be shure you get the offline prices so you dont spend money on cars that will be given to you for free.

Last edited:
I don't think it should take 5 months to obtain a single car you want. And yes, there are ways to get to your money goals quicker but they are mind-numbingly repetitive. If all avenues of the game like online lobbies, sport mode, and custom races paid well instead of the same few events with slow and scripted AI, people wouldn't be complaining as much.
The majority of those 5 months was because I have to wait for the car to show up. I already got the funds to buy it. Other than that I'm with you on the issues of the game.
I'm just saying, in the case of getting the P1 GTR, it's still way easier and don't need to months, even weeks to obtain. You don't need to mindnumbingly grind for that car. Yet he couldn't wait and had to spend real $20 just because he's short of 500k.

This is probably what PD is planning to do since the launch of the game with how they ignored the majority of the community complaints about low paying races.

Last edited:
The majority of those 5 months was because I have to wait for the car to show up. I already got the funds to buy it. Other than that I'm with you on the issues of the game.
I'm just saying, in the case of getting the P1 GTR, it's still way easier and don't need to months, even weeks to obtain. You don't need to mindnumbingly grind for that car. Yet he couldn't wait and had to spend real $20 just because he's short of 500k.

This is probably what PD is planning to do since the launch of the game with how they ignored the majority of the community complaints about low paying races.
Well no i was only at 800k when i bought the dlc after i bought the dlc i still needed around 500k and that's when i saw the CE.

But i have no regrets i only did it for the gtr one must not underestimate how much i love and how special this car is to me. :embarrassed:

Well no i was only at 800k when i bought the dlc after i bought the dlc i still needed around 500k and that's when i saw the CE.

But i have no regrets i only did it for the gtr one must not underestimate how much i love and how special this car is to me. :embarrassed:
That is until you race it in an event with fuel consumption multiplier enabled and you run out of juice fast AF

While I don't agree with their choice to buy into the Mtx model, it is ultimately Chikane's money and they're free to do as they wish with it.

However, it does highlight a problem with this game. The economy is slow and the cars too costly that having an mtx model is quite borderline predatory.

Y'know Kaz is rich enough to afford a Ford GT and 996 GT3, yet still feels the need to gouge people's wallets. Sad that is.

On the flipside, my Credits balance is sitting stacked up from all the Circuit Experiences and 30/60 minute endurance races with 700/800PP cars and I can't drive the cars I want, namely the ones which need an Invitation to purchase. Of all the times I'd rolled the Daily Roulette, I have never pulled an Invitation out from it; have been playing this game since launch. Got some engines, rare tuning parts and quite a number of cars, but never an Invitation.

Even if I have the Credits to afford them, I still can't drive the cars that I want to drive, because binding them to an Invitation that can only be obtained, at a very low chance, by taking a once-a-day spin on a lottery is a good idea? Nobody wins from this system

• Got the Credits but no Invitation yet? Spin the Daily Roulette! Didn't get one? Too bad, try again tomorrow after another 28 mile trip. Oh by the way- there's one Invitation per brand. Best of luck next time!
  • Congratulations, you got an Invitation! It expires after a set amount of time, so go buy those dream cars while you still can! Oh- don't have the Credits? Better grind away while you still can, or you can skip the grind with a quick visit to the PlayStation Store!
:grumpy:

While I don't agree with their choice to buy into the Mtx model, it is ultimately Chikane's money and they're free to do as they wish with it.

However, it does highlight a problem with this game. The economy is slow and the cars too costly that having an mtx model is quite borderline predatory.

Y'know Kaz is rich enough to afford a Ford GT and 996 GT3, yet still feels the need to gouge people's wallets. Sad that is.
How does it highlight a problem? 3 circuit experiences and you will have more than enough money to buy that car. If anything, it shows how MTX can work properly, when any content can be unlocked in game with no issues by just playing it, but if you really want that one specific thing like right now you can go ahead and just pay for it.
Not saying there are no problems with economy in this game, but what was said is wrong.
And thank you for those last two sentences, had a good laugh. I can see the scene like it happened right in front of my eyes: all PD and Sony employers crying and screaming in pain in a dark room, but there's Kaz on a throne made of money, in a spotlight. He laughs maniacally and presses a big red button "Add MTX", then lights up his cigar, goes to Bugatti website and buys a brand new Chiron, end of scene. To be honest, why is this game not completely free? PD and Sony don't have enough money?

Playing 6 and Sport again I noticed you could make 140k per two laps of SSRX like the wind race. Doing the same custom race concept in Sport pays 116k per two laps with CRB. In 7? Doing the one race at SSRX twice pays a pathetic 44k CRB per same time invested as in Sport and 6.

So by going with this SSRX comparison, events now pay three times as less on average all while car prices have increased on average of 300 percent compared to their 6 and Sport counterparts.

The problem it highlights is the problem with the game's core design that preys on people and entices them to spend money on mtx to begin with. In a nutshell, when in comparison the previous two entries, 7 is designed to push mtx by manipulation of the game economy and subsequently the mind of the player.

Last edited:
Playing 6 and Sport again I noticed you could make 140k per two laps of SSRX like the wind race. Doing the same custom race concept in Sport pays 116k per two laps with CRB. In 7? Doing the one race at SSRX twice pays a pathetic 44k CRB per same time invested as in Sport and 6.

So by going with this SSRX comparison, events now pay three times as less on average all while car prices have increased on average of 300 percent compared to their 6 and Sport counterparts.

The problem it highlights is the problem with the game's core design that preys on people and entices them to spend money on mtx to begin with. In a nutshell, when in comparison the previous two entries, 7 is designed to push mtx by manipulation of the game economy and subsequently the mind of the player.
The core of gt7 is based on collectors criteria and we all know that being a collector you have to spend a lot of time , money etc .
In our case you forced to collect cars one way or another .
And since you mention gt6 not forget the seasonals.
A quick , enjoyable ( mostly ) and not boring way to earn credits .
Engine swaps , special parts , roulette tickets , invitations etc. seems like PD trying to bring at the surface the Las Vegas player that we hide inside.

I didn't mention seasonals as the servers for 6 are down so seasonals no longer are a part of the current gameplay. But you're right in that the seasonal events were a great way to make big bank very quickly. I wish seasonals would return in 7 since those would help balance the economy better, but I digress.

How does it highlight a problem? 3 circuit experiences and you will have more than enough money to buy that car. If anything, it shows how MTX can work properly, when any content can be unlocked in game with no issues by just playing it, but if you really want that one specific thing like right now you can go ahead and just pay for it.
Not saying there are no problems with economy in this game, but what was said is wrong.
And thank you for those last two sentences, had a good laugh. I can see the scene like it happened right in front of my eyes: all PD and Sony employers crying and screaming in pain in a dark room, but there's Kaz on a throne made of money, in a spotlight. He laughs maniacally and presses a big red button "Add MTX", then lights up his cigar, goes to Bugatti website and buys a brand new Chiron, end of scene. To be honest, why is this game not completely free? PD and Sony don't have enough money?
If you complete every circuit expeirience you win enough Cr to buy 2 of the more expensive cars, 2 of them. And you can only win Cr from the circuit experience once. Hardly a solution to the problem that @HarVee mentioned is it?

Sure, what Kaz can afford isn't really relevent to the discussion, but GT7's economy is not a demonstration of how MTX's can work properly. Content that can be unlocked just by playing is fine, only some of it takes months to play before you can acquire and some is locked behing a chance wall which you then have a limited time to save Cr for which encouranges a person to grind or pay for MTX's. It's a very deliberate model, it's certainly not done to make the game more fun, it's done to make it more profitable.

There are enough threads about the games economy and MTX's to not beat around a well beaten bush in this thread though. But if you do want to discuss further there's a great thread here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/a-better-view-of-gran-turismo-7s-economy-and-grind.412660/

I think the radio silence from PD and general lack of interesting news tends to make us discuss the same things over and over. I'm guilty of it for sure, but it should be said I only discuss the problems with the game as I want it to succeed and be the best it can be.

There is things in 7 that are enjoyable, but with so many problems it is easy to get stuck in a loop talking about them instead.

I think the radio silence from PD and general lack of interesting news tends to make us discuss the same things over and over. I'm guilty of it for sure, but it should be said I only discuss the problems with the game as I want it to succeed and be the best it can be.

There is things in 7 that are enjoyable, but with so many problems it is easy to get stuck in a loop talking about them instead.
I know what you mean and agree entirely. I think GT7 has the foundation to be the best in the series, on a technical level it already is, but at the same time it's one of the most dissapointing in the series, IMO at least. There are issues which push out the postives for me, but each to thier own, some people find the grind and lack of proper races to not be a problem for them, and that's good for them I suppose.

Last edited:
I haven't open le man yet but im back to over a million in credits.

I have my eyes on that beautiful toyota HyperCar race car next.
I'd recommended the Mazda 787B as your first Gr.1 purchase. With various tunes it can be used for 700pp events and up. It has incredible fuel economy and is OP against any GT opposition. There are a handful of events where it's really needed to win. Initially you may want the challenge of competing in like-for-like equipment. But it's always good to have the 787B in your pocket if you want guaranteed wins & payouts. You can always go back and try out events with different cars.

I haven't open le man yet but im back to over a million in credits.

I have my eyes on that beautiful toyota HyperCar race car next.
Given you're new to the game you might find this useful: https://www.gtplanet.net/gt7-full-prize-car-list-20220308/

It tells you every car you can win, which will save you buying a car you might win later. I don't think that Toyota is one such car, but there are times you need to buy a certain car or type of car to progress, though you usually have won something you can use at most stages.

I don't know why, but I had this feeling that wear levels could be different for road and racing cars.

Well, it's not. 5.000 km is still the same distance to get to the first engine and chassi wear level:
RUI4HTF.png
17Dq4MP.png

R33 Chassi is still at "Excellent" condition because I bought a new chassi to get rid of weight mods a couple weeks ago.
I can confirm it's also 5000 km for the Chassi because I had an Evo V close to that distance and it did change. Coincidentally, I had to buy a new engine for the Evo to remove permanent engine upgrades, so engine it's still "Excellent", but Chassi is just Normal. :P

So basically, it's 5000 km for both engine and chassi. Buying a new engine/chassi at GT Auto resets the progress, although I think everyone knows that buying a new engine does not reset the mileage you have on any car.

Might be common knowledge at this point, but I did recorded my Vette oil condition after the first oil change:
nNb0WV2.png
eOkfOwi.png
4G64s07.png
borXmL8.png

Using the C7 since I've done something similar with the GT3 Vette.

Excellent - I'd say it's ~250 km under this condition on avarage for most cars. It's not a fixed value. I know the road Porsche Cayman can go to 260 km and the Gr.3 Pegeout RCZ can reach 270 km. I've not seen any car that can maintain this level above 300km.

Normal - any impact on performance? YES. With oil still at Excellent, my times on Tokyo 600 were all between 26:56-26:58 minutes. At Normal, my times were between 27:01-27:05. For comparasion, my R33 can do 27:03-27:06 with Excellent oil, but goes to 27:06-27:09 with Normal oil. The difference between Excellent and Normal is subtle, but it's there.

Worn - this is the only difference between the road and the GT3 version. With the road Vette, I could do 714 km. With the Gr.3 Vette I could drive for 790 km before reaching the last stage. I'm ~3 seconds slower on Tokyo compared to the previous level.

Bad - well, it's bad! :lol: Having bad oil on a road car isn't as awful as having bad oil on a Gr.3 car, but be a good responsible owner and don't let your car reach this stage! My times at this level were all above 26:12. Also, I cannot prove this, but I feel like the handling is being affected at this level. I swear the car is all over the place!

Some things are different from GT6, like oil wear values, others are still the same, like "maintaining a good oil status does not slow down or prevent the engine deterioration". You can read this awesome post by Hastatus in the GT6 sub-forum.

One thing I'm really mad about it: there's no oil indicator on the dashboard! Either I'm blind or I'm not paying enough attention! :lol:

Be interesting to see if we ever get these. Would be strange for PD to add group 2 events to the game after they already relegated group 2 to an extra menu book.

Why even bother with the extra menu if that's the case? Why bother making an extra menu anyway if you have actual group 2 races in near completion...?

Strange company man.

Be interesting to see if we ever get these. Would be strange for PD to add group 2 events to the game after they already relegated group 2 to an extra menu book.

Why even bother with the extra menu if that's the case? Why bother making an extra menu anyway if you have actual group 2 races in near completion...?

Strange company man.
Someone switched up the to do list. :lol:

I have no idea. Maybe “they”(the powers that be) thought a multitude of players would jump on the MTX from the start and as it didn’t happen as expected, held back on the events. PD are tracking pretty much everything. As certain car sales go up, the events get rolled out. So much illogical ways of adding the content, PD could have reasons anyone dreams up. It’s bonkers.

Im sorry everyone but i cheated :( i gave sony and pd my money and bought the 2m dlc.

But the cars in this game are so beautiful and i didn't wanna gonna a day without my beloved p1 gtr.

Now im back to little money but hey i got my gtr :bowdown:

People like you are the reason why microtransactions exist. The Ferrari F40 is my favourite car but I wouldn't spend money on microtransactions to get it. Especially when you can earn several million credits from circuit experiences...

Back