Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,402 comments
What is the point of even adding these 5ish lap events this late into the game's life cycle?

Does PD really think half a handful of 5 lap events for 70k credits is what players look forward to once a month?
Everyone is asking for GT League. Well, 2-laps, 3-laps and 5-laps races are the purest essence of GT League!

At least we're not limited to 6 obstac- I mean 6 AI cars. :sly:

Everyone is asking for GT League. Well, 2-laps, 3-laps and 5-laps races are the purest essence of GT League!

With one LMP1 car, a Vintage Le mans racer, a phat DTM machine, a french ferrari, a gt1 viper, and a l o n g lotus elise.

So anyone here remember the stockyard from GT6? I think that could be a very useful feature for sorting and personalizing our garages since PD seems to insist one of everything. Basically for those not in the know or simply don't remember, the stockyard was basically a 2nd garage where you were able to store cars you didn't want cluttering up your main garage. The stockyard basically allowed you to own almost all cars in the GT6. I think with 7's mechanics the stockyard would be an ideal feature that would benefit everyone.

Not really late if they plan on continuing to support it for two more years like they did with Sport.
Maybe not but are three or so 5-10 minute races that pay peanuts once a month really appropriate at this current stage of the game?

True, although most people are thinking more of the Professional/Endurance Leagues. The same "All Japan GT" events in GTS are all 10 lap events if not more.

Last edited:
What is the point of even adding these 5ish lap events this late into the game's life cycle?

Does PD really think half a handful of 5 lap events for 70k credits is what players look forward to once a month?
Obviously I'm speaking from nothing but assumptions, but:

The point seems to be that it's easy content. Stuff that was already made, now all they have to do is piece it back together. However, they didn't make enough to actually add much each month.

The goal of this game seems to be to have a completed game in a few years. They aren't starting from a finished game and adding onto it, they're starting from the absolute minimum they could justify releasing and selling for $70+, then putting the parts in they cut out. Development is probably primarily on GT8 now, which would explain why they don't just simply start making stuff for GT7 now. To them, the game is content complete on their end.

And I do believe we might get there, in a few years. Once the last update releases, hopefully I can consider GT7 to be a completed game.

This is that long-term point of view Kaz was talking about.

People like you are the reason why microtransactions exist. The Ferrari F40 is my favourite car but I wouldn't spend money on microtransactions to get it. Especially when you can earn several million credits from circuit experiences...
Thanks.

But like i said i didn't know about the circuit experiences before i bought the DLC i saw them after.

True, although most people are thinking more of the Professional/Endurance Leagues. The same "All Japan GT" events in GTS are all 10 lap events if not more.
Indeed. The All Japan GT in GT4 is also structured like that, with Motegi and Suzuka having 12 and 10 laps respectively, but only 6 cars in the grid. GT6 does have a quite nice Super GT500 championship with 16 cars, but all 5 races are only 5 laps...

This month we're going to get more 5-lap events that are not really worth to do and I will keep thinking "why?"

At this point, I'll even accept yet another Tokyo Expressway event if that means another 500k race for 300/400/500pp cars.

One of my reasons for leaving cars stock, especially from the ‘80s and ‘90s, is for recreating the feeling of original GTs. Tuning same cars to racing modification replicas, is something else.
Why doesn´t polyphony allow you to remove upgrades?

At this point, I'll even accept yet another Tokyo Expressway event if that means another 500k race for 300/400/500pp cars.
Yup. 20-30 minute races are pretty much the sweetspot IMO. Any longer and you increase the likelihood of connection dropouts and the shorter events we have now barely give you a sense of a particular car/track combo before the race is already over.

Why doesn´t polyphony allow you to remove upgrades?
It’s anyones guess.
We have these set up sheets that should allow a car to be totally stock. Some parts we purchased can be removed, but other parts are permanent. Makes no sense. After an engine swap, I have the option to buy a new engine, but can’t keep the old swapped engine in my garage. It just disappears into code.

That selling option is interesting. Can’t sell the Manu cars(obviously), but wonder how many can sit in the queue.

It’s anyones guess.
We have these set up sheets that should allow a car to be totally stock. Some parts we purchased can be removed, but other parts are permanent. Makes no sense. After an engine swap, I have the option to buy a new engine, but can’t keep the old swapped engine in my garage. It just disappears into code.

That selling option is interesting. Can’t sell the Manu cars(obviously), but wonder how many can sit in the queue.
Personally I do a "life hack" with weight upgrades. If you want to go full stock in weight just add balast that would make car stock :)

This is actually the way it worked in GT Sport.

Unfortunately limiting engine power won't work the same way because some upgrades change engine feel and even when you match it with stock one it will perform different.

Last edited:
Can you map DRS to the controller or is it automatic? I just don't see the option.

Custom race is pretty fun yes the pay sucks but there just something about a field of 1 p1 gtr and a bunch of minis. :lol:

Last edited:
Can you map DRS to the controller or is it automatic? I just don't see the option.

Custom race is pretty fun yes the pay sucks but there just something about a filed of 1 p1 gtr and a bunch of minis. :lol:
There should be an option. I believe I mapped it when using the Subura STI TIME ATTACK car.

Custom race is pretty fun yes the pay sucks but there just something about a field of 1 p1 gtr and a bunch of minis. :lol:

It is mapped to R3 by default. Bit of a pain to hold R3 though, if you don't hold it dead centre the camera starts moving around.
I mapped the following:
DRS to Triangle (was reverse)
Reverse to R1 (was change view)
Change view to L1 (was look behind)
look behind to R3 (I never use it)

Edit: Typo, I said I mapped reverse to R2, I meant R1 🙄

Last edited:
If PD would give us a proper event creator that actually pays good then the lack of events wouldn't be a problem. PD already have the foundation laid out with custom. Let us have a tad bit more control with it and increase payouts three or four times as much. Then let us share the events with others. Viola instant boost to replayability and then no longer does PD need to waste their time creating events.

Yet again, this won't happen as logic and PD don't mix too well...

Last edited:
It is mapped to R3 by default. Bit of a pain to hold R3 though, if you don't hold it dead centre the camera starts moving around.
I mapped the following:
DRS to Triangle (was reverse)
Reverse to R1 (was change view)
Change view to L1 (was look behind)
look behind to R3 (I never use it)

Edit: Typo, I said I mapped reverse to R2, I meant R1 🙄
you gotta use the "look behind" 😐

1668015382792.png

Boy the 2016 toyota lmp1 hybrid was already my favorite lmp car but this hypercar version is beyond that car what a fun car.

Just did the world gt series championship with it and loved every second.

Last edited:
Well no i was only at 800k when i bought the dlc after i bought the dlc i still needed around 500k and that's when i saw the CE.

But i have no regrets i only did it for the gtr one must not underestimate how much i love and how special this car is to me. :embarrassed:
Just a quick question, do you own one in real life too ?

On the flipside, my Credits balance is sitting stacked up from all the Circuit Experiences and 30/60 minute endurance races with 700/800PP cars and I can't drive the cars I want, namely the ones which need an Invitation to purchase. Of all the times I'd rolled the Daily Roulette, I have never pulled an Invitation out from it; have been playing this game since launch. Got some engines, rare tuning parts and quite a number of cars, but never an Invitation.

Even if I have the Credits to afford them, I still can't drive the cars that I want to drive, because binding them to an Invitation that can only be obtained, at a very low chance, by taking a once-a-day spin on a lottery is a good idea? Nobody wins from this system

• Got the Credits but no Invitation yet? Spin the Daily Roulette! Didn't get one? Too bad, try again tomorrow after another 28 mile trip. Oh by the way- there's one Invitation per brand. Best of luck next time!
  • Congratulations, you got an Invitation! It expires after a set amount of time, so go buy those dream cars while you still can! Oh- don't have the Credits? Better grind away while you still can, or you can skip the grind with a quick visit to the PlayStation Store!
:grumpy:
How I understand you. The stupid ticket system is the only reason I dont have all cars. It really pisses me off.

Back