Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,693 comments
For what it's worth, I collected the six-star engine ticket from the most recent extra menu that focuses on the late-90s/early-00s JGTC racers, and of all the engines I could've acquired, I think I got the most valuable engine in the game, being from the Bugatti Chiron! Now I just need to pick which car I should put it into, though I do hear the Huracan is a popular pick.

For what it's worth, I collected the six-star engine ticket from the most recent extra menu that focuses on the late-90s/early-00s JGTC racers, and of all the engines I could've acquired, I think I got the most valuable engine in the game, being from the Bugatti Chiron! Now I just need to pick which car I should put it into, though I do hear the Huracan is a popular pick.
I don't know if there is a thread that talks about the fastest combos but I've been doing my daily mileage on the Route X 720pp race using a C6 ZR1 with the Chiron engine and it does 300mph pretty easily

Maybe it's just me, but this is something that really annoys me when using a custom livery for JGTC/Super GT cars.

I don't understand why not remove in JGTC/Super GT cars, also because in DTM cars when using or creating a custom livery the default table with the driver's number and name is removed.

IMG_000.JPG

Last edited:
So I've been playing GT7 for a little over 6 months now. And I gotta say, daiki kasho and Nittoku Inoue are the only reason why I still have the Race Soundtrack turned on, which is a shame because GT Sport had a really nice soundtrack with Rock and D&B.

Menu Music is alright, I really like the GT5 selection but I wish they included more music from GT6 and GT Sport.

For some reason we can't even listen to the Race OST in Multiplayer Lobbies like we could in GT Sport, but oh well.

So I've been playing GT7 for a little over 6 months now. And I gotta say, daiki kasho and Nittoku Inoue are the only reason why I still have the Race Soundtrack turned on, which is a shame because GT Sport had a really nice soundtrack with Rock and D&B.

Menu Music is alright, I really like the GT5 selection but I wish they included more music from GT6 and GT Sport.

For some reason we can't even listen to the Race OST in Multiplayer Lobbies like we could in GT Sport, but oh well.
Really gotta wonder what the Daiki Kasho x Pharrell collab is gonna sound like, and what game is it for. GT7 Spec III or GT8?

It's strange how menu music is handled in this game. They have a vast library of songs but we listen the same ones over and over and it doesn't help the fact that each location (gt auto, dealership etc...) have unique tracks that continuously interrupts menu songs. GT Sport menu music had a much better flow imho.

Really gotta wonder what the Daiki Kasho x Pharrell collab is gonna sound like, and what game is it for. GT7 Spec III or GT8?
I hope they are working for the next game honestly. I love GT5/6 soundtrack but we are listening to the same music for over a decade now. This, combined with the fact that GT7 has a lot of similarities with GT Sport, like menu sound effects and HUD, it makes it less distinct. A sort of soft reboot with a completely new aesthetic and soundtrack it's much needed. I'm definitely very curious to hear what Daiki Kasho and Pharrell Williams will produce hoping it's more than one song.

Last edited:
In GT5, GT Auto can also be used offline. I don't think that will happen in GT7.
Why wouldn't GT auto be used offline? This is something completely different than the online data base of livery's and stuff. It's very easy to code. While also it could easily be coded so that all livery's and stuff be downloaded to the PS disk one week or one month before server shutdown.

I wonder what the best swap is for the Chiron engine? I know that some people gauge which car is best based on the Special State Route X race, but now I'm also curious as to what the best car is when you limit things to 700 PP. (Such as in the Race of Turbo Sports Cars.) I could imagine an AWD car like the Huracan or GT-R Nismo '17 being a monster with it, especially with a torque splitter set to 50:50.

EDIT: It also seems that the GT-R Nismo '17 is about half the price of the Huracan, so I might just go for the GT-R.

Last edited:
I wonder what the best swap is for the Chiron engine? I know that some people gauge which car is best based on the Special State Route X race, but now I'm also curious as to what the best car is when you limit things to 700 PP. (Such as in the Race of Turbo Sports Cars.) I could imagine an AWD car like the Huracan or GT-R Nismo '17 being a monster with it, especially with a torque splitter set to 50:50.

EDIT: It also seems that the GT-R Nismo '17 is about half the price of the Huracan, so I might just go for the GT-R.
That's the best choice out of all cars that can take the Chiron's engine. A fully-tuned GT-R NISMO with the Chiron's W16 is utter insanity.

There’s some iconic music tracks from GT3 locked behind music replay too.

Here is my prediction:
As we all wish and hope to have GT7 Spec III soon, I believe will get it, but not for the reasons or features we would like, and let me explain why:

Because I also think we will get a GT7 Epilogue at $69 with everything and features from our wishlist, but NO graphical improvements.
Could even come in package with the new Pro PS5 Slim, and/or PSVR2 spec 2.

Since compatibility is necessary to allow for the GT sport aspect to work across PS4/ PS4 pro / PS5 and PS5 Pro, the original PS4 PS5 GT7 needs to receive a spec III update, so that players who are not able to upgrade to GT7 Epilogue due to financial or economical reasons, yet be as inclusive (not exclusive), woke and profitable as possible.

Any Graphical improvements and brand new breakthrough features and new industry standard and Sophy gen 3 will be saved for GT8 on PS6.

Last edited:
It's strange how menu music is handled in this game. They have a vast library of songs but we listen the same ones over and over and it doesn't help the fact that each location (gt auto, dealership etc...) have unique tracks that continuously interrupts menu songs. GT Sport menu music had a much better flow imho.
I think it was a failed attempt at nostalgia. It worked better in GT Sport with the music not stopping and starting at every screen.

Last edited:
Here is my prediction:
As we all wish and hope to have GT7 Spec III soon, I believe will get it, but not for the reasons or features we would like, and let me explain why:

Because I also think we will get a GT7 Epilogue at $69 with everything and features from our wishlist, but NO graphical improvements.
Could even come in package with the new Pro PS5 Slim, and/or PSVR2 spec 2.

Since compatibility is necessary to allow for the GT sport aspect to work across PS4/ PS4 pro / PS5 and PS5 Pro, the original PS4 PS5 GT7 needs to receive a spec III update, so that players who are not able to upgrade to GT7 Epilogue due to financial or economical reasons, yet be as inclusive (not exclusive), woke and profitable as possible.

Any Graphical improvements and brand new breakthrough features and new industry standard and Sophy gen 3 will be saved for GT8 on PS6.
I appreciate the thought, but sadly I've become jaded by the way PD have handled GT7. Every month, I'm hopeful that the update will fix the things 'wrong' with GT7.

I think I've just come to realise that Kaz and the team are following a different direction, one that isn't aligned with the values that made past GT games so great (for people like me.)

It's not even that the game is all about live-service, because it just isn't one. It's missing key features that the people who only play online are looking for, so thinking about it, they are kinda failing both audiences to an extent.

I hope that we do get a course correction, whether this is with a GT7 Professional/Epilogue - but as it stands, I don't have faith that they are listening, or even care.

The game continues to sell and Kaz and the team are largely left to their own devices. It's clear that they don't take any feedback on board, save for when the service goes down, so there's aren't incentivised in any way to improve.

Apologies for the pessimism, it's just the way I see GT. There's so much potential here, even to bring new features like a rogue-lite mode that I wrote about a few weeks ago - I just don't see any of that happening.

I appreciate the thought, but sadly I've become jaded by the way PD have handled GT7. Every month, I'm hopeful that the update will fix the things 'wrong' with GT7.

I think I've just come to realise that Kaz and the team are following a different direction, one that isn't aligned with the values that made past GT games so great (for people like me.)

It's not even that the game is all about live-service, because it just isn't one. It's missing key features that the people who only play online are looking for, so thinking about it, they are kinda failing both audiences to an extent.

I hope that we do get a course correction, whether this is with a GT7 Professional/Epilogue - but as it stands, I don't have faith that they are listening, or even care.

The game continues to sell and Kaz and the team are largely left to their own devices. It's clear that they don't take any feedback on board, save for when the service goes down, so there's aren't incentivised in any way to improve.

Apologies for the pessimism, it's just the way I see GT. There's so much potential here, even to bring new features like a rogue-lite mode that I wrote about a few weeks ago - I just don't see any of that happening.

Thanks for sharing your perspective, which I can respect with such clarity.

As opposed to you, I am more optimistic in nature and thus I really hope that PD and Kaz do what I have predicted above, for the reasons and concerns you shared, so they can address all of the shortcomings, and so GT can become everything to everyone...

Idealistic and very difficult to achieve i recognize, but why not aim for it?
I know i certainly will be deceived, but I have not yet given up for the past 25years, so Why would I now?... And during this time, it has been a slow enjoyable ride somewhat...

There are still so much possibilities...
I really wish PD gets moving with it, Damn It Kaz!

Come here and read GTPlanet everyday, you will get your motivation....

PD should make it a daily stand up meeting to review comments at 8:35, and drive their work based of GTPlanet's review and comments.

@kaz: make it part of your workflow.

Edit:
PD should involve GTPlanet memebers. Please.
I am sure a lot of us would be willing to work for free just to make GT better....
Community involvement, free labor.
Right everyone?

Last edited:
Personally, I feel that there will always be a jaded section of the fanbase no matter whether they bend over backwards for customer requests or stick to their own course.

At the end of the day, PD doing what they wanted with the OG games was what got our interest in the first place, so why would they lack that belief now?

The landscape of racing games in 2024, outside of enthusiast forums like here, is quite a lot like MMOs and battle royales: people are generally playing the one they want to play, and it's very difficult both for new names to establish a niche or for established franchises to lose mindshare and playerbase unless they actively mess things up badly.

As such, it incentivises established players (currently: iRacing, GT, ACC, Forza Horizon) not to take any bold risks if what they are currently doing is working. And it's why new entries to the genre need to find a unique take instead of the same tracks and cars every other sim already uses, because people these days don't just switch games because something new came out that's much-of-a-muchness.

Regarding the music selection for GT7 and why there are a lot of reused and remade songs, it's simply because it was the 25th anniversary. Not really that hard to understand. So if GT8 comes out next year, there shouldn't be any reused stuff again since it's not releasing on an anniversary.

For what it's worth, I'm just glad we finally got the full Spec II version of 5OUL ON D!SPLAY after waiting a decade. That's enough for me.

I feel like they’ve nailed the handling of the 240. Very easy to control in stock configuration, but tune the engine and give it an LSD and it becomes a handful, as it should be given it has a solid rear end and zero downforce.

Regarding the music selection for GT7 and why there are a lot of reused and remade songs, it's simply because it was the 25th anniversary. Not really that hard to understand. So if GT8 comes out next year, there shouldn't be any reused stuff again since it's not releasing on an anniversary.
There has been recycled music in the GT games for more than a decade.

I love GT5/6 soundtrack but we are listening to the same music for over a decade now.
Yeah, I also love the GT5/6 soundtrack and I honestly don't want to see it go away. I know they're a decade old now but for me they are timeless and represent the core of Gran Turismo Soundtrack.

Maybe they could repurpose the Transmission Mode into being an option that only plays those older songs on the menu and also races?

For the next GT release:

We want all the tracks that were ever found in a GT game, and then some more and new ones.
We want all the cars that were ever found in a GT game, and then some more and new ones.
We want all the music tracks that were ever found in a GT game, and then some more new ones.
We want all the features that were ever found in a GT game, and then some new ones too.
We want options, and abilities.
We want all the paint chips, horns sounds, missions, tests and coffee breaks ever available.

It is really not that complicated Kaz...

For the next GT release:

We want all the tracks that were ever found in a GT game, and then some more and new ones.
We want all the cars that were ever found in a GT game, and then some more and new ones.
We want all the music tracks that were ever found in a GT game, and then some more new ones.
We want all the features that were ever found in a GT game, and then some new ones too.
We want all the paint chips, horns sounds, missions, tests and coffee breaks ever available.

all-the-things-hyperbole-and-a-half.gif

Bir sonraki GT sürümü için:

Bir GT oyununda bulunan tüm parçaları ve daha fazlasını ve yenilerini istiyoruz.
Bir GT oyununda bulunan tüm arabaları ve daha fazlasını ve yenilerini istiyoruz.
Bir GT oyununda şimdiye kadar bulunan tüm müzik parçalarını ve ardından birkaç yeni parçayı daha istiyoruz.
Bir GT oyununda bulunan tüm özelliklerin yanı sıra bazı yeni özellikleri de istiyoruz.
Seçenekler ve yetenekler istiyoruz.
Şu ana kadar mevcut olan tüm boya parçacıklarını, korna seslerini, görevleri, testleri ve kahve molalarını istiyoruz.

Aslında o kadar da karmaşık değil Kaz...
+ BSPEC MOD

For the next GT release:

Ironically, you'd think this'd make the entire user base happy... until someone complained that there's too-much content.

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Back