Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,187 comments
If there even is a circuit in the upcoming update, I'd imagine that it would have to be something that isn't suitable for use in the live event, otherwise they would have used it surely.

That's why I think even though everything else seemed to align perfectly, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is probably off the table.
Not that it won't show up at some point though.
I don’t think they need to use it in live event. Giving participants different GT7 version could be risky.

Of all the times to add Pikes Peak now makes the most sense.

The tarmac course can be used for many more game modes and events.

Plus there are some very cool and quirky cars that would fit in well in Gran Turismo.

Attachments

• 1200-L-kimera-k39-mission-pikes-peak.jpg
    1200-L-kimera-k39-mission-pikes-peak.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 2
The reason I don't think this has any chance of being Pikes Peak is because of where they're unveiling it at. I have to assume something they'd unveil at GTWS in front of World Series drivers and a livestream audience that leans towards eSports would have some sort of Sport Mode relevance, and Pikes Peak does not fit in the current daily race or championship structure.

One thing is for sure, I definitely can see people going insane - not in a very good way - if another dirt/snow track is coming lol.
Why would it? There is literally no way another dirt/snowy track will be revealed. The only one "rallyish" track that COULD be coming (which i doubt yet) is Eiger since we saw footage of Kaz team recording landscape there

Well just little over 24 hours to go before it starts. Its starts very late in Sweden like 11 pm,
And question is if pd reveal the next update after the races or start of the livestream. I am looking forward to tomorrow.

Last edited:
Something interesting happened...

On June 11, 2024, @TheAdmiester randomly reacted with 🤔 to a GTPlanet's article mentioning this:

This article!

...and I say his reaction was random because the article is from August 2023, and someone like him reacting to it almost a year later is a little suspicious to say the least.

1000114944.png

Now, @Nebuc72 , which is also someone that knows what's going on, also reacted with 🔥 to a recent post here mentioning the possible return of Eiger.

1000114950.png

So, is Eiger Nordwand the one that's making a comeback?

Last edited:

On June 11, 2024, @TheAdmiester randomly reacted with 🤔 to a GTPlanet's article mentioning this:

This article!

...and I say his reaction was random because the article is from August 2023, and someone like him reacting to it almost a year later is a little suspicious to say the least.

View attachment 1370236

Now, @Nebuc72 , which is also someone that knows what's going on, also reacted with 🔥 to a recent post here mentioning the possible return of Eiger.

View attachment 1370240
Hate to go around bursting bubbles, but the reaction was just because I was I hadn’t seen the article when it was new, was sent a link to it, and I found it interesting that PD appeared to be genuinely scanning it for inclusion, especially with the rumours from June centring around Montreal - June 11th was a bit early for me to have any info about 1.49.

As for Nebu’s emotes, I can’t speak for him but I think it’s just a favourite of his that he’d like to see back :lol:

Hate to go around bursting bubbles, but the reaction was just because I was I hadn’t seen the article when it was new, was sent a link to it, and I found it interesting that PD appeared to be genuinely scanning it for inclusion, especially with the rumours from June centring around Montreal - June 11th was a bit early for me to have any info about 1.49.

As for Nebu’s emotes, I can’t speak for him but I think it’s just a favourite of his that he’d like to see back :lol:
Thanks for the clarification! So it was just a neat coincidence... many of us would love to see this track back as well. The fact PD was there scanning the location is indeed an interesting piece of information.

Last edited:

This article!

View attachment 1370236

View attachment 1370240
Hahahaha I wish mate! I just like the track. PD have always done mountain scenery absolutely phenomenally, even El Capitan in GT4 was a beauty of a circuit - I'd love to see what they could do with that environment on a PS5.

Absolutely, plus Monza with no chicanes and the banked oval.

I definitely want the old Spa layout, I remember driving that layout in Grand Prix Legends, I think it was at least. Then later in real life driving those roads to reach the back entrance to access the kart circuit inside the main track. Bizarrely the locals there must be the slowest drivers I've ever encountered, I almost always got held up behind someone pootling along at a ridiculously low speed.
Classic Hockenheim was one I loved when I played Project Cars 3, It felt like a mini Le Mans.

I have these exact same feelings for the Tahiti tracks. Imagine how stunning they would look.
There's a group of rally cars in the code. Would be awesome if they were all added together in a themed rally update.

• Audi Quattro S1 '86
  • Lancia 037 Evo 2 Rally Car '84
  • Lancia Delta HF Integrale WRC '92
  • Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car '86
  • Renault 5 Maxi Turbo Rally Car '85

Tahiti did return, but only as a Scapes location. Would love to see it return as a circuit one day. Not just the rally ones either, but maybe a reimagined Tahiti Road.

IMG_4608.jpeg

IMG_4609.png

IMG_4610.jpeg

Last edited:
I hope they fix somethings with the offset cockpit camera in this update. I like using it with my wheel set up and it always you to actually use the cats revive mirror. But for one, the hud doesn't offset with you. So if I am driving a left wheel driven car the tire gauge is covered by my wheel. If I can driving a right wheel driven car the raider and such is covered. The other things is the left and right side views simply son't work. If you look left or right the camera just goes to the default cocky view instead of looking left or right. It's been this way since launch.

There's a group of rally cars in the code. Would be awesome if they were all added together in a themed rally update.

• Audi Quattro S1 '86
  • Lancia 037 Evo 2 Rally Car '84
  • Lancia Delta HF Integrale WRC '92
  • Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car '86
  • Renault 5 Maxi Turbo Rally Car '85

Tahiti did return, but only as a Scapes location. Would love to see it return as a circuit one day. Not just the rally ones either, but maybe a reimagined Tahiti Road.

Weren’t there also leaks of PD scanning a area that looked a lot like Tahiti, including the local foliage there?

Last edited:
Weren’t there also leaks of PD scanning a area that looked a lot like Tahiti, including the local foliage there?
Not "leaks" so to speak, just a video from SIGGRAPH 2023 with a bit of a sneak-peak at modelling. Eiger Nordwand is the main focus, along with a quick look at capturing 360 video at Spa, the 3D model of Laguna Seca, and a small tunnel of some sort.

Kaz's presentation starts at 31:40, modelling video at 39:28. The only cryptic evidence that's had Tahiti fans like myself excited (and it doesn't confirm Tahiti at all) is at 40:12 where we see a bit of jungle, and then some banana leaves, pineapples etc being prepped for photogrammetry.

where we see a bit of jungle, and then some banana leaves, pineapples etc being prepped for photogrammetry.
After what PD did in remake of Grand Valley when they transformed it from race circuit to road based race track, and by having Alsace and St. Croix, Sardegna and Tokyo Express i think PD want to add in near future or GT8 GT9 more "scenic routes" to capture essence of world of driving. Eiger Nordwand would fit perfectly to those kind of road circuits and maybe they would want to add "Jungle Themed" road track this would make Thaiti a perfect fit. I think all of those tracks are possible.

To be honest I would not be surprised if Red Rock Valley would be transformed into "Desert Themed" road circuit instead of full racing circuit it used to be.

Not "leaks" so to speak, just a video from SIGGRAPH 2023 with a bit of a sneak-peak at modelling. Eiger Nordwand is the main focus, along with a quick look at capturing 360 video at Spa, the 3D model of Laguna Seca, and a small tunnel of some sort.

Kaz's presentation starts at 31:40, modelling video at 39:28. The only cryptic evidence that's had Tahiti fans like myself excited (and it doesn't confirm Tahiti at all) is at 40:12 where we see a bit of jungle, and then some banana leaves, pineapples etc being prepped for photogrammetry.

Yeah right, it was at a presentation l, now i remember👍

But wasn’t there also a kind of a terrain map in the presentation that could be Tahiti?

Rallying is mostly an afterthought not because of its physics, but because of its implementation and content.

A lot of the rally cars from previous games haven't made their return yet (save for at least two cars), and that the number of rally circuits or rallycross tracks are still pretty barebones at the moment, not to mention, GT7's career doesn't give them much justice either.

If they wanted to add more rally or rallycross tracks, they could add the respective layouts to Daytona, Spa and Nurburgring.

Last edited:
Rallying is mostly an afterthought not because of its physics, but because of its implementation and content.

A lot of the rally cars from previous games haven't made their return yet (save for at least two cars), and that the number of rally circuits or rallycross tracks are still pretty barebones at the moment, not to mention, GT7's career doesn't give them much justice either.

If they wanted to add more rally or rallycross tracks, they could add the respective layouts to Daytona, Spa and Nurburgring.
I’d say that the rally physics are complete nonsense tbh.

I’d rather play a dedicated rally game.

There are good ones out there.

Back