Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,218 comments
Unfortunately I think that considering even Sony has stopped supporting / releasing games for the psvr2 we won't be seeing any more changes to vr any time soon
Not sure. Mostly these were rumours regarding Sony exclusive games, which were very very low already.
I wouldn’t completely bury the VR2 now regarding all of these news. Sony needs some selling points for the Ps5 Pro as well.

Of all the times to add Pikes Peak now makes the most sense.

The tarmac course can be used for many more game modes and events.

Plus there are some very cool and quirky cars that would fit in well in Gran Turismo.

Instead of the Kimera, I think we could use a few more Pikes Peak-spec cars, like that Peugeot 208 T16 that was teased some time ago. Not to mention we already have several cars that went up the course, like the Escudo, the Audi Sport Quattro that we currently have, and the Volkswagen ID.R. That said, I'd like it even more if any new Pikes Peak-spec cars could fit into say, Gr.B or something.

The preview for the update for the game that is almost consistently in the top 10 best sellers since it was released, gets close to monthly updates AT THE SOLD OUT LIVE EVENT will determine if this game is dead or not.

This is a very smart take I 100% agree with 🤪

This update will show if GT7 is still alive or at its end
Lol there is people telling the game is done since the release🤣🤣 obviously 2 and a half years later the game is going to show some fatigue and lose a part of the userbase,.but it is in a better shape than other contemporary racing games (Just FH5 is on a similar o bit better shape tbh)

GT7 is alive, it's just not complete.
Yep, I think they gonna pull up another year of constant and frequent support with new content coming (cars, tracks, features, etc.) so I think 2025 will be the last relevant year of GT7 life. From 2026 and onwards it will be mostly bugfixes and stability tweaks with maybe a couple of Vision cars until GT8 release. Do you agree?

Yep, I think they gonna pull up another year of constant and frequent support with new content coming (cars, tracks, features, etc.) so I think 2025 will be the last relevant year of GT7 life. From 2026 and onwards it will be mostly bugfixes and stability tweaks with maybe a couple of Vision cars until GT8 release. Do you agree?
Could make sense, at least far more than the claims for a possible GT8 only two years after the release of GT7… especially if you have the long lasting process of modern game development in mind.

From 2026 and onwards it will be mostly bugfixes and stability tweaks with maybe a couple of Vision cars until GT8 release. Do you agree?
I have no idea if you could be right or wrong. It may as well continue like this until GT8, it is not as if the content they add is enormous, and it will be available for GT8 too.

In my opinion there are two possibilities:
1- gt8 is closer then we think so they can finally get rid of the ps4 system.
2- they are going to support gt7 for much longer time and they are going to release gt8 just when the next playstation 6 is going to come out and ofc is going to be cross gen with ps5.

2- they are going to support gt7 for much longer time and they are going to release gt8 just when the next playstation 6 is going to come out and ofc is going to be cross gen with ps5.
I like your option 2 but I'd prefer it to be PS6 exclusive, to maximize its potential.

The games been dead 5 or 6 times already though! 🤣
Not many left then :(
cCPuO.jpg

In my opinion there are two possibilities:
1- gt8 is closer then we think so they can finally get rid of the ps4 system.
option 2 is much more likely, IMO

Back