Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,037 comments
Never understood where people even got that idea in the first place.

Quite like this camera view they've been using for incident investigation replays. Reminds me of a similar one iRacing has.
Would be neat to have this one available in-game for spectate mode.

IMG_4838.png

Quite like this camera view they've been using for incident investigation replays. Reminds me of a similar one iRacing has.
Would be neat to have this one available in-game for spectate mode.

View attachment 1379929
I like it too! It's just a shame it's another case of the several exclusive camera angles from the GTWS events that Polyphony refuses to give to us ordinary players for whatever reason. That rotating camera on the roof is also a classic one already that we apparently won't get because it's been around for a looong time and... still nothing.

Last edited:
I will personally travel to Japan and deliver a letter to Polyphony HQ begging them to put the Nürbugring Tourist Layout in Online Lobbies with Free Run. It's so baffling to see that you can only use it on Time Trials, and it's even worse to see they didn't put it in the Paddock mode :confused:

Touristenfahrten lobbies were my favorite thing in GT Sport, and I'm tired of seeing this layout rotting away when you can easily make it work.

Please Polyphony, please :bowdown:

I will personally travel to Japan and deliver a letter to Polyphony HQ begging them to put the Nürbugring Tourist Layout in Online Lobbies with Free Run. It's so baffling to see that you can only use it on Time Trials, and it's even worse to see they didn't put it in the Paddock mode :confused:

Touristenfahrten lobbies were my favorite thing in GT Sport, and I'm tired of seeing this layout rotting away when you can easily make it work.

Never knew this layout was even in the game.

Just drove a lap on it and I’m 100% with you.

This would be amazing.

Please PD!!

:)

Last edited:

They could do so much with it, even besides that. Wouldn't it be cool to have a set of missions on this layout where we have to drive around it learning all the rules of real track days there, actually use blinkers, overtake slow cars, let fast cars pass, react to incidents, etc?

I haven’t been able to actually check, but I think the Volvo 240 in the UCD is a lower-mileage example since I can see it’s the highest price it’s ever been so far. If so, what color was this one?

I haven’t been able to actually check, but I think the Volvo 240 in the UCD is a lower-mileage example since I can see it’s the highest price it’s ever been so far. If so, what color was this one?
(1,993 kms), essentially a “zero mileage” UCD apperance, taking the mileage from the year.

I also had a question. Since we now both have the GT-R R32 V-Spec and the GT-R R32 Nismo, would it be reasonable to hope for the Nismo GT-R R32 S-Tune? Or would that seem redundant, especially compared to the Group A homologation special version of the R32? I suppose I'm just thinking of how more Nismo-branded models could be added to join the 400R. I would imagine the 270R and GT-R LM Road Going Version would be among the more obvious picks.

Last edited:
I also had a question. Since we now both have the GT-R R32 V-Spec and the GT-R R32 Nismo, would it be reasonable to hope for the Nismo GT-R R32 S-Tune? Or would that seem redundant, especially compared to the Group A homologation special version of the R32? I suppose I'm just thinking of how more Nismo-branded models could be added to join the 400R. I would imagine the 270R and GT-R LM Road Going Version would be among the more obvious picks.

I'd welcome anymore GT-R they bring, but I prefer it will be Mine's R34, or R34 NISMO Z-tune, or GT-R 50 by Italdesign

Wonder also if there will be the RWD versions of the Skyline (GT-T, not GT-R) in the future, or if they'll have a drivetrain swap function like the Forza series. After all, we do have engine swaps now.
Either way it'd be nice to see GT-T Skylines as official cars and not just drivetrain swaps, for the sake of the Used Car Dealership.

Feel like they might be more likely to show up in GT8 at launch than in a GT7 update though, as a way to expand UCD variety at launch. Don't see them adding GT-T's as featured update content.

On a side note, I find it funny how they made a Sambabus one-make daily race right after they patched the suspension jumping issue. Wonder if that was intentional.

Last edited:
You mean the base '17 r35 and gt safety car right? I dont recall other road R35s in GT7, i might be wrong tho.
I expect atleast 4 models for every GT-R gen when GT7 life ends or early GT8 life.
I can confidently say than rather any other JDM car, a skyline wagon like the one forza added and toyota chaser would be the best options.

There's two R32s, two R33s, two road R35s, and two KPGCs, but only the one road R34. You'd think the next GT-R in would likely be a spicy/Nismo R34 to complete the symmetry.

You mean the base '17 r35 and gt safety car right? I dont recall other road R35s in GT7, i might be wrong tho.
I expect atleast 4 models for every GT-R gen when GT7 life ends or early GT8 life.
I can confidently say than rather any other JDM car, a skyline wagon like the one forza added and toyota chaser would be the best options.
There are two 2017 R35s. The GT-R NISMO and left hand drive R35.

If I remember the rwd R32 gts and R33 gts were in Gran Turismo 1 and 2, not sure about other games though.
Previous GT games had some RWD Skylines - some I remember:
  • Nissan Skyline 280 Type MR (R33) ‘95 (Gran Turismo 1 and 2 only - actually an underrated car in my opinion)
  • Nissan Skyline GTS-t Type M (R32) ‘89/91 (Gran Turismo 1 or 2 onwards)
  • Nissan Skyline GTS25 Type S (R32) ‘91 (Gran Turismo 1 or 2 onwards and although underpowered, was reasonably cheap)
  • Nissan Skyline GTS25t Type M (R33) ‘96 (Gran Turismo 1 and 2 only and I don’t know much about using this one)

Honestly I think that was it (there was also a Nissan Skyline GTS4 (R32) ‘91 but I believe that was 4WD).

There should be more cars for the Used Car Dealership that are 10,000 credits* or less.
Stuff like the Peugeot 206 etc, which wouldn't have had prices go up in the same way JDM cars have.
More starter car options. Though again I'd not see them being added as featured update content, but more likely at launch.

* or whatever the starting money amount will be for GT8.

Last edited:
We need an R32 competition car, be it a full Group A replica or a PD 'Touring Car' special, which in previous guises was essentially the first GT500 model. With visual modifications they maybe able to give us the option to build both the Group A and GT500 version.

BTW, not strictly GT7 related, but there are very strong rumours FH5 will soon be announced for PS5 (if not next week, then before the end of the year). We always say PD do not react directly to the competition, particularly on rival platforms. But it's a gamechanger for Sony if the one franchise that can compete with Gran Turismo comes to PlayStation systems. Not necessarily in terms of providing the same experience, but competition in terms of hours gamers put into these titles.

Attachments

• Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R32 Touring Car.jpg
    Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R32 Touring Car.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
We need an R32 competition car, be it a full Group A replica or a PD 'Touring Car' special, which in previous guises was essentially the first GT500 model. With visual modifications they maybe able to give us the option to build both the Group A and GT500 version.

BTW, not strictly GT7 related, but there are very strong rumours FH5 will soon be announced for PS5 (if not next week, then before the end of the year). We always say PD do not react directly to the competition, particularly on rival platforms. But it's a gamechanger for Sony if the one franchise that can compete with Gran Turismo comes to PlayStation systems. Not necessarily in terms of providing the same experience, but competition in terms of hours gamers put into these titles.

Wouldn’t say Horizon competes with GT. Motorsport does (and loses).

Absolutely adore Horizon though. Would be a great get for Sony.

I can't see a JTCC Skyline showing up until the group system changes. Right now every 1984-onwards (probably 1980-onwards) race car needs to fit in there somewhere, but those R32s don't fit neatly anywhere, because they are way too powerful for Gr.4 but aren't RWD so can't go into Gr.3.

Dunno what's going on but I find the new physics are difficult to be difficult to not spin out at times. Actually quite often.

I got ASM, TCS 3, Anti-Counter at Strong and ABS at Strong... but I still spin out because the cars seem to outdo themselves much easier with the impression that they seem to outperform their grip capacity.

Before that I would be a very decent driver. Now I'm mister Spinout.

Don't get me wrong though. I love the new physics but the stability is confusing me at times.

Back