Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 42,088 comments
We don't know what's going on behind closed doors, but we can look at industry trends, i.e. hardware, events (TGS, SoP), and put together a reasonable guess at what PD is working on. I think back to PSVR2, support in GT7 was announced weeks before the system launched, then we learned PD had been working on it since GT7 was conceived!

It could be a similar situation with PS5 Pro, a substantial technical update, backed with new content, perhaps Spec III. At one point I did think GT8 would be announced in '25. But seeing how mismanaged Sony's studios have been this gen, resulting in so few 1st Party titles, Sony will see GT7 as a safe bet. Offer updates for the next couple of years and perhaps monetise it in some way.

One day GT7 updates will stop. But I believe we're still at a stage where any missed months should only increase expectations for a future update.
Some may disagree, but I think car packs would be one way for them to make more money and keep the game going.

Also to entice new players, they’re going to have to fix their in game economy. I’d recommend the game to friends but I know they’d be PO’d at me when they found out they’re going to have to invest a ton of hours to get the cars they want. I’ve had it since release, I don’t have all the cars. I have most of the ones I want. Start of summer I think I was at about 12 million, I’m at 19 million now. I race online mostly, some single player. The odd time trial, that’s it. I prefer racing with others and in this game, that pays peanuts.

I do not want to see GT8, I’d rather get some new tracks, proper physics changes and fixes, more cars and a ton of other stuff fixed within the game. I’ll never forget pretty much finishing GT5, then GT6 came out and it felt like I’d never see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have to earn all of these cars back again?!? You’ve got to be kidding me. What’d I do? Bought Project Cars and never looked back for years.

The Honda eMS and AMG time trial event rewards are here.

191b225f89b57-8511E5ED287322800C7.1FF40C72E9B73B77_message_441669297764654_1725270694393.jpg
191b22752e565-8511E5ED287322800C7.1FF40C72E9B73B77_message_441669322074832_1725270789354.jpg
191b2275e8c60-8511E5ED287322800C7.1FF40C72E9B73B77_message_441669324005701_1725270796897.jpg

A question for you GTP enthusiasts:
Do we know if the variable difficulty of the single player races (sometimes you enter a race multiple times and get very different performance from the top ai cars, different top contenders and different starting positions of the top contenders) is somehow being influenced by what car or tune you enter a race with?

I know ai has some kind of rubberbanding or activation when near the top. But sometimes i have the feeling it depends on what I'm entering with.

Or is that completely random and I'm imagining things?

Last edited:
Define "single race" :D

In some of the non custom races the ai cars can "adapt" to your car/it's tune. I notice it usually in races with high pp cars

Define "single race" :D

In some of the non custom races the ai cars can "adapt" to your car/it's tune. I notice it usually in races with high pp cars
non custom

adapt to me doesn't declare why some combinations are just unwinable (for me) and then you try again and the leader is another car or the same car but slower and so on...

non custom

adapt to me doesn't declare why some combinations are just unwinable (for me) and then you try again and the leader is another car or the same car but slower and so on...
purely random AI racing performance.
Sometimes a car gets stuck behind traffic, sometimes it doesnt.
Sometimes the leading AI has an AI that manages to keep up for whatever random reason and this causes it to drive more wasteful, creating a different pit timing (if pitting is required).

no pitting. leader (and leader from the beginning, no being stuck) can be catched in 2 of 3 laps and then is 10 seconds in front until the finish another time. Think that one was FR450 at Lago Maggiore West.

Another time a crazy fast car is in tha pack or not.

Just wanted to know if you guys feel that this is random as i sometimes imagine it has to do with me using the full 450PP for example or staying somewhere underneath that or car choice.

With today's news about Concord, and how Destruction All-Stars went, and how Dreams went, and how PS All-Stars Battle Royale went, and with all the negativity around FairGame$, and with the cancellation of TLOU Online and the London Studios game...

I'm starting to think we have lucked out with PD's mere lack of communication and occasional skipping of updates. Because the wider PlayStation Studios group seems absolutely terrible at making and maintaining a popular live service game.

With today's news about Concord, and how Destruction All-Stars went, and how Dreams went, and how PS All-Stars Battle Royale went, and with all the negativity around FairGame$, and with the cancellation of TLOU Online and the London Studios game...

I'm starting to think we have lucked out with PD's mere lack of communication and occasional skipping of updates. Because the wider PlayStation Studios group seems absolutely terrible at making and maintaining a popular live service game.
All of the today racing AAA games are Live Service games, and in the other house the things not going really well too. Forza, the Crew, NFS have a lot of issues sadly.

Last edited:
To me I think it's pretty clear that GT7 is the product of a debate between different groups on whether to go full "live service" with the GT franchise, or keep it closer to the older games. Hopefully this will stop the push by Sony to make everything a live service forever? Nah, who am I kidding, they'll just think they need to do it "properly" next time..

To me I think it's pretty clear that GT7 is the product of a debate between different groups on whether to go full "live service" with the GT franchise, or keep it closer to the older games. Hopefully this will stop the push by Sony to make everything a live service forever? Nah, who am I kidding, they'll just think they need to do it "properly" next time..
I think it's more like "let's eschew any focus groups or research in favour of trying to do something that'll please everybody".

And we all know how that usually pans out

Could be something GT7 related, could be absolutely nothing!

Another exclusive will be ported.

Only realistic candidates I can think of are Helldivers 2 (Xbox and/or Switch), any number of ports to Switch, or GT7 to PC.

Pretty much all other big franchises have already been ported.

We've also got it good when it comes to GT Sport receiving an offline patch after the servers were shut down, unlike what some other franchises like The Crew have done, sparking the whole "Stop Killing Games" movement.

Honestly it's almost refreshing in a way? I don't need devs trying to be my friend. That's how you end up with a Helldivers situation where the CEO is on twitter every other week begging people to forgive him.

That's how you end up with a Helldivers situation where the CEO is on twitter every other week begging people to forgive him.
To be fair this pretty much happened at launch following the whole 1.07 fiasco. :lol:

Either way I find the lack of communication incredibly disheartening. I get that it's the way PD's operated since the beginning but surely there comes a point where they realise it's important that the players actually know what's coming in the future?

As it stands I can't really keep any interest in this game knowing that its most glaring issues will never be fixed. The slightest bit of communication would go a long way to bridging the gap between the devs and the playerbase. That... or they can keep posting about cars that released two months ago and Kaz's bird eggs.

The slightest bit of communication would go a long way to bridging the gap between the devs and the playerbase. That... or they can keep posting about cars that released two months ago and Kaz's bird eggs.
A gap between the devs and the playerbase is a good thing as long as the devs know what they're doing. Otherwise they might start listening too much to player feedback, which is bad since most players don't know anything about game design.

for a lot of things that seems not to be the case
And the foolish masses demanding clueless decision makers do as they say is where we are now. Designers have been replaced with just ask ifruit AI. Kaz, like everyone is not perfect, but he does make a great driving game - not perfect, but it is great by all empirical measurements.

Otherwise they might start listening too much to player feedback, which is bad since most players don't know anything about game design.
There's a pretty good way to meet halfway here, which is to directly ask trusted and liked members of the community what they want to see. (People who actually know the franchise and know what they're talking about, not just idiots who want the game to be an ACC clone. :P)

A few other dev studios have done things like this and the results have usually been positive, so it's worth a shot...

Honestly it's almost refreshing in a way? I don't need devs trying to be my friend. That's how you end up with a Helldivers situation where the CEO is on twitter every other week begging people to forgive him.
Helldivers is just like Destiny. Fun for a couple months and then it’s just rinse and repeat.

Back