Gran Turismo 7 Physics

Do you want more detailed and realistic physics on the next GT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So far I have fun with the new handling.

I just spun out after speeding through a small curb on Nurburgring with a stock GT86. It doesn't happened before...

Although it could be me being rusty.

I like the feedback and realistic feeling of the grip. But something is causing new understeer. I felt the Mazda MX5 ND was realisticaly scary with the oversteer like my own car. But now with new physics it understeers.
So maybe I am thinking tyres good, suspension not right.
Only driven one other car so far, a GR3 Audi, that also had more understeer. That I could understand if race cars have new default settings for the dailys. But the road MX5 ND should be fixed setting with standard parts, which is how the car is I tested.
The new understeer seems too locked in as well. I like that they have better, more realistic understeer now, but it's much harder to break understeer than I believe it should.
Car behaviour overall (aside from obvious glitches) feels like it improved a lot.

PD does PD and what they have done is make changes that incorporate none of the daily race setups we all made, changed the wheel settings to favour controller users.

Made the detail way to high in curb feedback but also made the cars softer so they don't like the curbs either.

Understeer is still there, slippy oversteer still there.

It's all smoke and mirrors, this doesn't feel as fun to drive, sure slides are easier to catch but they happen more frequently now.

Not my cup of tea this update.

Do you experience clipping with those settings, I had slightly less road feel dialled in to mine and apart from the SF stuff which had huge DD clipping it felt good.

Now it's all just vibration and lock up/understeer clipping on the wheel?

No clipping on my end with either base. I tested again at Daytona and Interlagos, and it feels like I’ve lost some detail in regards to rumble strips, but have gained detail and nuance while on the actual circuit.

Granted, it’s much more noticeable on my DD1 than my DD Pro (which I’ve used both bases today), but I can still feel palatable differences with my DD Pro if I hold the wheel lighter - which to be fair, that’s always been the case

No clipping on my end with either base. I tested again at Daytona and Interlagos, and it feels like I’ve lost some detail in regards to rumble strips, but have gained detail and nuance while on the actual circuit.

Granted, it’s much more noticeable on my DD1 than my DD Pro (which I’ve used both bases today), but I can still feel palatable differences with my DD Pro if I hold the wheel lighter - which to be fair, that’s always been the case
Thank you, I will give them ago and see how I get on. Of late I've had quite a lot of clipping but have updated the firmware now so we will see.

Appreciate the reply mate especially compared to the stronger wheelbase

On the other end of the wheel spectrum, I’m finding great feel with my g29 using 3 torque and 10 sensitivity, this is admittedly light with road cars on comfort tyres but from sports tyres up I’m feeling big improvements.

It could well be possible that people having poor results with their wheels are running them too high resulting in clipping.

On the other end of the wheel spectrum, I’m finding great feel with my g29 using 3 torque and 10 sensitivity, this is admittedly light with road cars on comfort tyres but from sports tyres up I’m feeling big improvements.

It could well be possible that people having poor results with their wheels are running them too high resulting in clipping.
To the last point, just as example I run my torque usually at 4-6, it's my frequency settings and damper settings that cause the issue.

But here is the rub, this morning when I turned in to that first corner it felt like no FFB (and it's a different experience from belt and gear users)

Crank the FFB up and where I pointed the car it went but with resistance. This is good, when it stops resisting I start to add opposite lock.

5,000 online races on the previous physics

I didn't really have any issues with the physics the way they were. They struck a good balance between feeling realistic, but also being forgiving, especially for controller users.

Since I play the game on a PS5 controller, mostly with road cars fully upgraded on racing soft tyres, the new physics have made those cars extremely difficult now. The main issue is countersteer - in that you basically can't. It's almost reverted back to how it was when the game released. If you start to slide, you either can't rescue it in time, or you slingshot yourself in the opposite direction. Cars are also a lot more squirrelly under braking despite braking distances being further than before. An upgraded Gallardo is a total death-trap as soon as you so much as look at the brake pedal. I'm hoping I can tweak settings to help but I doubt it'll work.

This may well be more realistic, I don't know, but to be honest, I'm not finding it fun at all.

Race cars feel even better now, though.

Last edited:
I didn't really have any issues with the physics the way they were. They struck a good balance between feeling realistic, but also being forgiving, especially for controller users.

Since I play the game on a PS5 controller, mostly with road cars fully upgraded on racing soft tyres, the new physics have made those cars extremely difficult now. The main issue is countersteer - in that you basically can't. It's almost reverted back to how it was when the game released. If you start to slide, you either can't rescue it in time, or you slingshot yourself in the opposite direction. Cars are also a lot more squirrelly under braking despite braking distances being further than before. An upgraded Gallardo is a total death-trap as soon as you so much as look at the brake pedal. I'm hoping I can tweak settings to help but I doubt it'll work.

This may well be more realistic, I don't know, but to be honest, I'm not finding it fun at all.

It’s worth increasing the natural frequency on the suspension if you haven’t already, when running racing tyres. Generally I push it up to the high 2, or low-mid 3 hz range. It has quite a significant effect on how the car rides, much more like a racing car in terms of the stability, in my experience so far (although I have only recently began to adjust it).

A road car on racing tires is never going to handle "well". You're using a tire with way, way more grip than the suspension was ever designed to handle. I wouldn't expect a real car with that setup to feel good at all and if it doesn't in the game then I think that's a good thing.

A road car on racing tires is never going to handle "well". You're using a tire with way, way more grip than the suspension was ever designed to handle. I wouldn't expect a real car with that setup to feel good at all and if it doesn't in the game then I think that's a good thing.
Road car with racing tires only make sense when you customize it and tune it up all the way...an otherwise stock road car with racing tires is nonsense and will behave accordingly ;)

Wow, i have high expectations.. patch after patch they work in a good way about the behavior of the car in this months.

I tough that this time, with a big one, they can resolve some basic mistake and propose us a real diriving pleasure..

But no, what a mess!

FFB is became weird also in T150, suspension and dumping are now without control.
maybe the tyre slip angle and behavior are better but you can't make it work for now.

Also setting works in a strange way.

...first try, no joy. What a pity.

Last edited:
Which is why fully customisable race suspension exists in the game. People turn road cars into time attack monsters on slick tyres rather often and they haven't all been killed yet. If GT7's current tuning and physics were representative of real life, any opposite lock would have totalled all of them. At no point have I ever taken a bog standard road car on soft, stock suspension and just thrown slicks on it.
Road car with racing tires only make sense when you customize it and tune it up all the way...an otherwise stock road car with racing tires is nonsense and will behave accordingly ;)
Which I have. Every car I run on racing tyres gets all of the handling upgrades along with the chassis rigidity upgrade to go with it, which still doesn't help, which it used to. Cars are fine-ish up to the limit. Once you overstep, there's no rescuing it anymore. no margin for error at all.
It’s worth increasing the natural frequency on the suspension if you haven’t already, when running racing tyres. Generally I push it up to the high 2, or low-mid 3 hz range. It has quite a significant effect on how the car rides, much more like a racing car in terms of the stability, in my experience so far (although I have only recently began to adjust it).
I usually run it nearly maxed (at least 3 hz). I've gotten decent at tuning over the last year or so but this update has pretty much undone it.

Last edited:
It’s different for sure, it’s weird some of my cars tuned kind of loose feeling, easy on the throttle seem better. But I’ve got a couple cars that almost turned into how the Miura was before. Drove two of my e type jags and was having a heck of a time trying to take any tight corners. Spun out a lot. But my muscle car tunes you can get on the throttle easier and hang them out to dry longer.

But the Logitech G Pro feels different now too. Spent two or three hours driving and tweaking wheel and in game settings trying to get back to something that resembles what I had before the update. Frustrating.

In my opinion, all that was wrong before was a too narrow slip angle and lack of torque on the G Pro. It feels like when you accidentally tweaked a car you had perfect and didn’t realize you hadn’t duplicated a page before making changes and now it just doesn’t feel right.

I guess that’s gaming now though, they could update the game to a side scroller flying pig shooter game if they really wanted. Lol

Once you overstep, there's no rescuing it anymore. no margin for error at all.
I had different experiences with most cars I used so far...the gap beetwen starting to slip and not beeing able to catch the car anymore seems to be larger than before in my opinion...
Only with the tuned up '67 Giulia Sprint I had some troubles, but stiffening up the suspension helped...

On dualsense i also can't shift up if I'm not at least a bit on the throttle or still braking.
Interesting issues.

My FSAE car in college had a pneumatic sequential shifter and clutch. It also would not upshift or downshift unless some sort of torque was being applied through the driveline, but natural engine decel was enough torque to downshift. I’m not sure why it did this, some sort of mechanical limitation in related to load within the shift mechanisms.

I doubt PD is simulating that though.

Hi. What changed exactly? Didn't spot it right away...
On the left (pre-update), the turbo pressure goes into the negative on upshifts, then quickly jumps back up. On the right (post-update), it only dips slightly and then more slowly returns to the max value.

The new handling: understeer and oversteer is better, more realistic and controlable.

Tested old grinder witth the CLK race car and it was real great, no more uncontrolable unexpected surprises that you can't catch. Also c63 coupe elsewhere on pretty agressive settings and I was blown away. I was always on edge but avoiding overdriving cause tank splapper. Now if I overspeed I can still throw it in into a slide and then saw at the wheel to keep it pointed in the right direction. Also break bias is now much more effective at inducing both understeer or oversteer.

Call me (finally) satisfied with GT7 handling.

Will I finally be capable of drifting properly like IRL? Next test...

Last edited:
I personally havent seen a good improvment, today after testing the update, this update on the physics for me as a controller user has made it harder for me to plant the vehicle compared to before. The cars know behave as if the understeer is king and then you give throttle to correct that and off they go into obilivion.

When I did a Daily race today, I had to put more effort into keeping the car on the straight and narrow at Spa and my lines were mych slower through each corner as I didnt feel confident taking them at speed in the NISMO GT3 car. Took me 3-4 laps in a 5 lap to feel more confident, early days but I dunno. I hope PD listen and dont ignore us players and think everything is hunky dory.

Also I think the BMW M3 '97 is broken in this update the car behaves bizarrely when tuned despite me spending 30mins at RBR trying to fix the damn thing. Under heavey braking, depending on brake baalnce, the car heavily deviates to the left and I enter Barry R!! So odd and should not be happening. I was just shaking the car down and this happened.

I mean I'm no QC game tester.....buttttt....!!

Any feedback about dirt tracks? I feel the car now is more stable and less slippery. But Im afraid that's just a placebo effect.

ZEE
I personally havent seen a good improvment, today after testing the update, this update on the physics for me as a controller user has made it harder for me to plant the vehicle compared to before. The cars know behave as if the understeer is king and then you give throttle to correct that and off they go into obilivion.

When I did a Daily race today, I had to put more effort into keeping the car on the straight and narrow at Spa and my lines were mych slower through each corner as I didnt feel confident taking them at speed in the NISMO GT3 car. Took me 3-4 laps in a 5 lap to feel more confident, early days but I dunno. I hope PD listen and dont ignore us players and think everything is hunky dory.

Also I think the BMW M3 '97 is broken in this update the car behaves bizarrely when tuned despite me spending 30mins at RBR trying to fix the damn thing. Under heavey braking, depending on brake baalnce, the car heavily deviates to the left and I enter Barry R!! So odd and should not be happening. I was just shaking the car down and this happened.

I mean I'm no QC game tester.....buttttt....!!

I didn't try controller yet, but I can't give a good opinion about It, cause i used it maybe 1 hours in my whole gt7 experience...
Speaking on wheel (t300) i find a way better ffb, more direct and free, a wider slip angle, a more realistic weight shift on and off throttle.
I don't feel there is more understeer than before while cornering, but the opposite, even if maybe should be less.

Last edited:
Anyone having problems loosing car under braking, it now correctly requires car to be settled and pointing straight before HARD braking.

This is not a physics fault but will feel odd to anyone not used to braking in this way.

It’s especially noticeable on road cars as they’re under sprung and damped for track use and more grip.

I tried the MX5 on Nurburgring and it can still oversteer and spit me off any corner so thats good. I think there is added understeer in certain situations of weight and suspension movement, and its hard to get out of by letting power off.
Now a different change I am sensing but it maybe made up but is top speed/drag/rolling resistance more apparant as I thought I could hit rev limiter in some sections but now I cant get there. Could that be the increased rolling resistance of the tyres??

Also I dont know if it was there before but on the long straight in VR I had nothing else to do so watched the front end of the car bounce and undulate over the track surface was quite mesmerising to watch. Was this quite so animated before visually?

Last edited:
Did some more testing. Gr.3 458 and some paddle-shifted road cars, as I still need to reconfigure my ergos for my shifter/hand brake setup.

It’s a massive improvement. It’s harder. It takes more finesse with your inputs just like IRL. The 458 can take the dipper at Bathurst now without dying half the time. The game is much more punishing if you miss your braking points. I really, really dig that there’s the slightest of delay when I hit a kerb, to when the I feel it at the wheel. It’s like the suspension and some of the chassis is absorbing the blow, before it reaches my hands.

Getting really strong ACC/AC vibes. I don’t think GT7 is much of a video game anymore

I'm kinda nowhere with this update... I mean, some things are nicer, some things not so much, it's different for sure. I had a chance to drive various cars this afternoon and evening, mostly on the new track (CE and TT), and also couple of road cars and couple of laps with the Gr3 Merc on the Ring.

I don't know. Regarding road cars, there is definitely an improvement with catching a slide, you can now play around with the sliding and correcting it easily on the exit, but also, the cars somehow float on the road more, that I don't like at all. The biggest difference for me are the brakes, you reaaaly need to modulate and massively trail brake, that's where the load cell comes to its own, if you are skilled enough, but even if you are, sometimes the back end just steps away too much, or the whole car just slides to the outside, it reminds me of the MR Gr3 cars with the old old physics, very difficult to judge what will happen when you brake and turn, even a little bit. I was hoping for the total opposite, to have more grip, to be able to floor an FR Gr3 car like in the old days, before the last physics change, but no no, it's even worse for traction now, and in combination with the tricky braking, I understand that many people are not really happy about this. It definitely requires more skill now to be very quick.

And for the FFB, it's also a bit strange, I have the DD Pro 8Nm, I was using the 4/1 setting in the game before and 90 FFB on the wheel, now I'm at 5/10 and 100 FFB. And also, NDP was 30 before, now I lowered it to 20, just to get more details. Also, I noticed a massive change when I switched from 1 to 10 FFB sensitivity, before this update it was basically the same, at least for me, 1 was actually nicer, more detailed somehow, but now it feels like it mutes half the details, especially near the wheel center, when at lower speeds. I can live with this new FFB, I found the sweet spot at least for now, I must test some other cars on other tracks that are more familiar to me. And let's not forget the PP values, all over the place, some cars lose 5-10 points, some cars gain over 20 for the same settings as before, swapped cars are especially buggy, even more than before, so the whole garage will require a major tuning overhaul.

All in all, mixed feelings, it would be nicer to have a more predictable and stable car under braking, but it's ok, a little bit of practice and getting used to various cars and we will be fine.

Back