Gran Turismo 7 Physics

Do you want more detailed and realistic physics on the next GT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What does "standard" mean for the G29 settings?

Prior to 1.49 I had Torque at 4 and Sensitivity at 1 and it felt pretty good. With 1.49 I found I needed to turn the torque up a bit and I also found that setting the sensitivity fully to the other end of the scale - 10 - really brought the FFB back to life. So I've now settled on 6 for torque and 10 for sensitivity. Those are the only two settings that make any difference at all for the G29 (aside from axis stuff like setting deadzones of course). I find the FFB on the G29 to now be just fantastic in most of the cars I've tried. Better than prior to 1.49.

Standard means as they were out of the box. I haven't changed any settings for my G29 inside GT7 or outside the game.

Standard means as they were out of the box. I haven't changed any settings for my G29 inside GT7 or outside the game.
OK, well there are no settings outside the game. But perhaps you should try changing the settings inside the game. I don't remember what they default to, but I know I definitely needed to change them from that because it wasn't great...

OK, well there are no settings outside the game. But perhaps you should try changing the settings inside the game. I don't remember what they default to, but I know I definitely needed to change them from that because it wasn't great...

From what I can tell, both settings in game change ffb. Maybe I'm wrong on the sensitivity one but I thought that adjusted the threshold at which the wheel started providing feedback. I'll give it a try but doubt it will help with the steering or brake both now feeling more sensitive. I've got no problem so far with the ffb either before or after patch, but I've never driven with it on strong in all the time I've used ffb wheels anyway. In fact this is the first game that I can remember where I haven't turned ffb strength down.

The G920 had settings outside the game on xbone. I haven't figured out whether the G29 on PS has the same, I need to google it. If I remember though, it might be limited to adding deadzones, as I think you said earlier. That won't help... I don't want the wheel to end up feeling like an old BMW 😄

I can probably add more "sensitivity" to the brake pedal by moving my chair 2 inches backward so I have to stretch. A reduction in the pitching motion may also make the steering feel less sensitive (or rather, less quick).

Either way, I'll tinker and figure it out. For now, it's not like it's unplayable but I preferred 1.48. That suited me better. 1.50 clearly suits others better. It is what it is.

Last edited:
I've finally had a go on 1.50 with VR and the wheel (G29), going through the weekly challenges. I'm unimpressed.

At Spa I used my R32 GT-R. This was my default ride for the Tokyo WTC600. It's on SH tyres and tuned up to 600PP with all engine modifications and is running on standard suspension. It was always a car that moved around on its suspension but this was controllable and could be used to change the car's line or attitude mid corner and it was still easy to be precise. Now it's a wobbly mess. It feels like the reactions to all the control inputs have been amplified in magnitude, but not in duration. So under braking it immediately dives hard and as soon as the brakes are released it sproings back up almost instantly. While cornering throttle or brake manipulation will have the nose darting in or out by a couple of feet instead of a few inches. The steering felt too sensitive, too. It would dart into the corner when the wheel was turned. Spa is a fast, flowing track but I couldn't get into a rhythm. I was always chasing the car.

Next up was the Porsche challenge, which I've done in the past in a widebody 996 GT3. I used the same car now. At first it felt no different, it certainly didn't feel softer or wobbly like the GT-R, but as I started to relearn the track and approach my limits, the car became much less malleable than it used to be and much more brittle. The steering felt too sensitive. It would dart into a corner, suddenly oversteer, and was much harder to catch because it now snaps the other way, much more violently and less progressive than it was.

Final event for comment was the WTC800 which I used a 787B for. It felt fine, and little different to what I was used to.turn in felt good. Slides were progressive and catchable. For the last lap it dried up a lot and then the car started feeling darty again, like the steering is too sensitive... seems to be a theme now.

I've never driven the BAC Mono nor the car I used at Tsukuba before today so I can't comment on changes to those.

To me, 1.48 wasn't perfect but it felt polished, refined, balanced. 1.50 feels like someone's gone to a 7 band graphic equalizer (google it if you're under 30..), pushed the lowest bass and highest treble up to max and left the rest flat. 1.48 gently fed me clues to the car's balance. 1.50 is hosepiping me with it. It's lost its organic subtlety and now feels artificially enhanced. I know, not the popular view, but that's my conclusion so far.

I feel like I need to turn the sensitivity down on all the controls... the brakes, steering, and maybe the throttle. I don't even know if that's possible without just adding deadzones, which I don't want. I've always played with the G29 settings all standard.

I'll have to mess with it and see if I can bring back some progression to my driving experience.

I'll also try the 787b at Sardenga, where I'm used to driving it, and see how it feels there, plus I'll be giving my favourite GT3 car (the Ferrari 456) a go on the TT. Maybe with time things will change, but I didn't need much time to get used to the 1.4x physics that were current when I got the game.

Rallying feels much better now though, even if I think the turn-in response on dirt is now a bit too strong.

Anyway those are my thoughts so far.
You’re not alone. I think some people are just more willing to look for the good in something. How many times do you see people thinking the graphics got better or this and that got better with an update when nothing really changed.

We’d play some shows, I’d do the sound, our drummers dad would always sit out in the middle of the room to let me know if the vocals were loud enough. Many times I just pretended to move the faded and he’d wait then give the thumbs up. What changed? He started listening and focusing on the singer and could suddenly hear him loud and clear.

I think the updates can sort of induce that effect. On one hand we’ve got people tearing it apart and on the other hand we’ve got people finding all the good in it.

My biggest issue with this update is the FFB effects. I can learn how to drive certain cars again and retune them (very annoying) but the rampant exaggerated FFB spikes have put me in a really bad mood about the update. I’ll even be doing a race, thinking actually it ain’t so bad then one of those hits me and triggers my anger toward the 1.49-1.50 update again. I HATE the fact that developers can change things so drastically after you’ve paid.

It’s a catch 22. It works out sometimes, but not others. I was disappointed I had to almost max everything on the game and wheel to get 7nm of FFB strength. Now I can get 11nm, great, too strong for me, I’d like to run my torque in game at 7, but lower pp cars (only some) feel like my wheel isn’t even on until you hit a curb or something.

It feels like we complained about them not unlocking the full potential of the wheel, they got annoyed and went fine here you go without fine tuning it. It’s like, did you guys even test it? I feel like they hopped in a Gr3 car, dialled in some settings and said that should do it without checking a wide range of vehicles.

One thing I forgot to mention: I was watching my replay in the R32 GT-R at Spa, the ride height looked comically high, like Doc Brown's De Lorean in Part 3 on the whitewalls. It's on standard suspension, looks normal in the garage view, but in the replays it looks like it's jacked up. To me, anyway.

One thing I forgot to mention: I was watching my replay in the R32 GT-R at Spa, the ride height looked comically high, like Doc Brown's De Lorean in Part 3 on the whitewalls. It's on standard suspension, looks normal in the garage view, but in the replays it looks like it's jacked up. To me, anyway.
100% they’ve goofed up the suspension and tires.

I find it odd my Camaro trans am tune on comfort soft I could slide around quite easily especially at Goodwood. People complained of a very narrow slip angle. I know because I did too but it was mostly on grippier tires. Now my Camaro if I try to four wheel slide it at goodwood it’s a huge gamble… going going gone or even going gone and sometimes, wham gone.

Which just made me realize something, I wonder if each tire just got a little grippier. I’m gonna try comfort mediums on my 3000lbs 440hp Camaro.

That’s the thing, if they did do this, that’s a HUGE change in feel especially couple with softer suspension. I don’t recall cars bouncing in custom parts adding rims and spoilers and stuff.

I did up a livery on the Gr.3 Road Car Vette in our livery discord. People were making fun of it saying it looked like a 4x4. I wasn’t paying attention to it to be honest, they thought I jacked the car way up. I was like, it’s bone stock, bought it, painted it. That is all. They were right, it looked funny. I lowered the suspension way down, looked better, took it for a drive and the steering was incredible heavy. It drove nice completely stock, minus the wheel issues.

I've tried the Mono now. I hadn't driven it before patch so can't compare. Initially I was surprised by the overall lack of grip compared to what I expected, but once I'd changed my mindset from super grippy track weapon with invincible traction to high power and low grip road car, it all settled down and I found it pleasant and smooth to drive with none of the exaggerated reactions I'd mentioned earlier in the Skyline. Or maybe the tyres warmed up and the Mono got grippier by lap 2. I agree the steering ffb is really light on the car, it really feels like it should be meatier.

Then I drove the Ferrari 458 in the GT3 TT at Red Bull Ring, in the wet. It felt fine to me. I then tried the Camaro, um, Rampage? In the Trial Mountain TT. I hadn't driven this car before today so can't compare, but I found it awful for hopping around, particularly through the last tunnel and the series of sweepers just after that. It felt like it was reacting to a bumpy surface but in doing so, instead of moving smoothly off line it was skipping away from the apex in a series of jolts maybe a foot at a time, and then would also skip in back towards the inside of the corner in a similar fashion in response to more steering lock or reduced throttle. It was all very jerky and made it impossible for me to pick an accurate line through that section. I just had to keep lapping until I struck it lucky and got a decent lap in with a good enough line through the last section. It almost feels laggy, or like the suspension is sometimes working at a low frame rate and catches up in a small number of large chunks, instead of a large number of small chunks. Except it seems car dependant, not situation dependant.

Then I drove the 125cc kart thingy, and that felt brilliant.

So I dunno. Some cars feel terrible, some feel about the same, some just feel really good. The D-Type definitely felt better to me post 1.49. The Skyline R-32 is much worse. The 787b feels about the same.

Last edited:
Here we go again. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Since 1.49 I couldn’t put my finger on it but my gut told me there were suspension physics issues. Cobra has intermittent tire/fender rub, pantera too, maybe I push cars a little too hard in the corners or brake too much during cornering but some of it is just turning and going over bumps. It’s not as bad as the early days of a Shelby mustang wide tires and offset wheel chop but it’s still there.

Cars flying in the air, cars acting like they’re driving over moguls during steering. Maybe it’s time they just roll it back to 1.48.
I was driving my GT Black series today and had the same problem too. Even on a stock setup the high speed braking feels like I've got massive amounts of bump steer. There's no way this physics model could've been considered "mature" for PD to release it to the public. Oh and my V40 bounces too. Never happened before

I've tried the Mono now. I hadn't driven it before patch so can't compare. Initially I was surprised by the overall lack of grip compared to what I expected, but once I'd changed my mindset from super grippy track weapon with invincible traction to high power and low grip road car, it all settled down and I found it pleasant and smooth to drive with none of the exaggerated reactions I'd mentioned earlier in the Skyline. Or maybe the tyres warmed up and the Mono got grippier by lap 2. I agree the steering ffb is really light on the car, it really feels like it should be meatier.

Then I drove the Ferrari 458 in the GT3 TT at Red Bull Ring, in the wet. It felt fine to me. I then tried the Camaro, um, Rampage? In the Trial Mountain TT. I hadn't driven this car before today so can't compare, but I found it awful for hopping around, particularly through the last tunnel and the series of sweepers just after that. It felt like it was reacting to a bumpy surface but in doing so, instead of moving smoothly off line it was skipping away from the apex in a series of jolts maybe a foot at a time, and then would also skip in back towards the inside of the corner in a similar fashion in response to more steering lock or reduced throttle. It was all very jerky and made it impossible for me to pick an accurate line through that section. I just had to keep lapping until I struck it lucky and got a decent lap in with a good enough line through the last section. It almost feels laggy, or like the suspension is sometimes working at a low frame rate and catches up in a small number of large chunks, instead of a large number of small chunks. Except it seems car dependant, not situation dependant.

Then I drove the 125cc kart thingy, and that felt brilliant.

So I dunno. Some cars feel terrible, some feel about the same, some just feel really good. The D-Type definitely felt better to me post 1.49. The Skyline R-32 is much worse. The 787b feels about the same.
This is exactly what I’m finding. I’m tempted to buy a stock Muira and see how it drives. When I first bought that thing I couldn’t make it through the first turn at Suzuka it was just horrible. Like something wasn’t right. Tuned it and got it driveable, quite good actually, then a friend tuned it and got it even better.

It makes me think different people have worked on different cars and some stuff just didn’t come together properly. Also as I mentioned with my Trans Am Camaro tune. One update and the back end wants to come around way to easily. I did the Camaro, Boss 429 and the Challenger. It was a bit of work to get them running equal laps times at Laguna and now I don’t even know if they’re equal because I have trouble getting around the track consistently.

How did you send that video? I’d like to post my Camaro drifting pre update.

Got it I think. So yeah this is pre update. Post update there’s no way I can manage this. I have but it’s white knuckle countersteering and not even a 50/50 gamble but like 30% chance I might be able to control it.

Last edited:
I use a DS5, but I still get the same inputs through the controller as what Tsuchiya is experiencing in the video below.

All that bouncing and correcting is what I’ve been after for years. I got some of it before update 1.49 with the curb hopping, but now it’s even moreso with my set ups with 1.49. Watching drivers back in the days steer those cars were so lively. That’s what I want to experience in Gran Turismo. It’s happening.

I really want to see Sugo in GT7 now.

Last edited:
Given that they've made all the comfort tyres Michelin ps5s I'm very surprised to see the grip doesn't fall off a cliffedge at half wear like the ps5s do IRL.

This is exactly what I’m finding. I’m tempted to buy a stock Muira and see how it drives. When I first bought that thing I couldn’t make it through the first turn at Suzuka it was just horrible. Like something wasn’t right. Tuned it and got it driveable, quite good actually, then a friend tuned it and got it even better.

It makes me think different people have worked on different cars and some stuff just didn’t come together properly. Also as I mentioned with my Trans Am Camaro tune. One update and the back end wants to come around way to easily. I did the Camaro, Boss 429 and the Challenger. It was a bit of work to get them running equal laps times at Laguna and now I don’t even know if they’re equal because I have trouble getting around the track consistently.

How did you send that video? I’d like to post my Camaro drifting pre update.

Got it I think. So yeah this is pre update. Post update there’s no way I can manage this. I have but it’s white knuckle countersteering and not even a 50/50 gamble but like 30% chance I might be able to control it.

That would be fun drifting Minis around Goodwood.

Ive done Tokyo 600 with it a good few times in previous updates, not sure i`d want to try it now since update 1.49.
I don't know what's exactly wrong with it but it doesn't feel responsive as it used to be. It's not something that you expect from a track focused car.

That would be fun drifting Minis around Goodwood.

We’ve got a mini tune and a mustang tune, unfortunately it’s really tough to drive them like this in game. They’re competitive tunes but to make it close the minis just have too much grip. Les grip and more horsepower you just can’t put any of the power down.

Yesterday i played with g29 at my Friend's home. I had g27 and g923 before t300, so i remember how Logitech wheels are..With this last update the difference between t300 and g29 became huge.
I am a noob, but I feel like good players can take a good advantage with better wheels now.
I found impossible keep car at edge of grip and countersteer with g29,now that physics allow u to do, i will end always to spin out. With t300 i have not problem to do It.

Last edited:
Yesterday i played with g29 at my Friend's home. I had g27 and g923 before t300, so i remember how Logitech wheels are..With this last update the difference between t300 and g29 became huge.
I am a noob, but I feel like good players can take a good advantage with better wheels now.
I found impossible keep car at edge of grip and countersteer with g29,now that physics allow u to do, i will end always to spin out. With t300 i have not problem to do It.
I’ve found I do have to drive more aware and be ready in a split second to start countersteering and let off the gas. The problem is, from car to car, sometimes I can’t even feel anything in the wheel as I’m turning. I think running SimHub is actually helping me sense when the car is on edge versus my wheel. My wheel used to be the indicator and SimHub would fill the rest out nicely. I think it was the Toyota 2000, I’d be turning, wheel so light, maybe I can turn a bit more…. NOPE!!! Spun out. Even during the spin my wheel was lifeless.

I'm having trouble making sense of the new physics. I really don't know what to change to get most cars handling properly. My Porsche Cayman tune is pure gold now, while most all others are rubbish, or at best not much fun. Add to that the PP increases. Many road car tunes need to lose 10 to 20 HP to make the same PP limit they had before. The two worst I've found so far is a '92 Porsche 911 at 500pp which went down from 156 HP to 124, and my NSX'17 lost a whopping 63 HP to keep it at 600pp!

I'm having trouble making sense of the new physics. I really don't know what to change to get most cars handling properly. My Porsche Cayman tune is pure gold now, while most all others are rubbish, or at best not much fun. Add to that the PP increases. Many road car tunes need to lose 10 to 20 HP to make the same PP limit they had before. The two worst I've found so far is a '92 Porsche 911 at 500pp which went down from 156 HP to 124, and my NSX'17 lost a whopping 63 HP to keep it at 600pp!
I don't have problems with new physics. I find it totally better that the old one. I really can't find something that new physics do worst than old one. But maybe for appreciate it more g29 isn't enough anymore

I don't have problems with new physics. I find it totally better that the old one. I really can't find something that new physics do worst than old one. But maybe for appreciate it more g29 isn't enough anymore
I feel the same. Talking purely physics, not including FFB here.

So I guess it's all because I'm on a PS4 with a controller?

Does. Anyone know if there was an update for the t300 as well? The update software doesn't work for my wheel or pc anymore so I hope not.

I haven't been this impressed with a change in GT since the flip from GT2 to GT3. I feel like PD finally heard me about the tires; they made a gradual reduction in traction after max grip. I can actually control a slide now. I can also more easily react and catch late braking mistakes more intuitively just like I could on a controller in the GT4 days.

I had some great battles against the hardest Sophy diff at Spa and Nord while trying to work the rust out and adjust to the tire changes. I also love that I spin out if I get one tire on the grass at high speeds and speaking of high speeds, my NSX feels more alive and closer to the limit at high speeds. Like if I make one wrong move and, good night :lol: <3

I did soften both the ARBs one notch to ease the weight transfer on these news tires and I did notice tires squealing if I push the brakes too hard initially at the beginning of the brake zone, thats also new I think(?). I wonder if that means one of the tires locked up even though ABS is on? I can't wait to try Weak ABS with the NSX and see if there's more of a difference (I couldn't tell them apart before).

Jerome

Had these 2 separate incidents today in a stock Evo 9 with sport meejiums. The front wheels seem to hop for some weird reason when there's a large load applied to the one side of rear wheel. I tried doing donuts for fun while doing a time attack and my revs would stay up, but it would feel like I was stalling or something reason. Then I noticed it happened a second time while midcorner and my front end just went towards a wall. I feel like it's pretty realistic to take an Evo on the real life equivalent of a Pilot sport 4S or Trofeo tire and not have a lowrider.

Had these 2 separate incidents today in a stock Evo 9 with sport meejiums. The front wheels seem to hop for some weird reason when there's a large load applied to the one side of rear wheel. I tried doing donuts for fun while doing a time attack and my revs would stay up, but it would feel like I was stalling or something reason. Then I noticed it happened a second time while midcorner and my front end just went towards a wall. I feel like it's pretty realistic to take an Evo on the real life equivalent of a Pilot sport 4S or Trofeo tire and not have a lowrider.

I had very similar things happening in Subaru BRZ & Toyota 86GT (stock) on Nordschleife. The front basically lifted completely off the road after a bump mid-corner, of course resulting in the car violently pointing towards the outside barrier. I was on SS tyres, so it felt like the whole grip on the front axle was just suddenly lost (well, obviously, since they didn't touch the ground anymore). In any case, I do think that the suspension should have been able to stay in touch with the tarmac, and anything that happened was a result of the fact that it, for some reason, in these new physics couldn't cope with the bumps.

I also had somewhat similar events in other cars when going over curbs. Sometimes all hell breaks loose.

Last edited:
Back