Gran Turismo 7 Physics

Do you want more detailed and realistic physics on the next GT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just had the same front unloading in an M3 Sport Evolution completely stock and on SS tyres.

Lago Maggiore, going through the esses, this is after the right going into the second left - meaning the right side will get loaded. Watch what happened (and this is just after weight transfer while going through the left-hander and before hitting any kerb (which are very flat anyway there)...

The right rear suspension compresses, but not seemingly overly so, but the front left just completely lifts up off the ground. It's like there is no weight on the front whatsoever.

View attachment 1381138View attachment 1381139

The front right wheelarch looks unnaturally high too for a car going around a left hand bend on a race track. It should be compressed, and the only way it would be raised up that high if it hasn't itself just gone over a speedbump is if the front left hit a ramp tall enough to pick the whole front end of the car up. Considering the kerb is quite flat, the suspension / damping is clearly not behaving correctly.

The front right wheelarch looks unnaturally high too for a car going around a left hand bend on a race track. It should be compressed, and the only way it would be raised up that high if it hasn't itself just gone over a speedbump is if the front left hit a ramp tall enough to pick the whole front end of the car up. Considering the kerb is quite flat, the suspension / damping is clearly not behaving correctly.

Yeah, and that picture was taken before I could even touch the kerb.

I have now noticed that the M3 Sport Evolution has an unusually large difference in PP between SS and all other tyres. This was not the case pre 1.49.

When you compare with the Ford Sierra RS 500, which it was very close to in PP on all compounds pre-1.49, the gain on SS tyres in 1.49/1.50 now seems excessive.

Sierra: CS-467.54, SH-485.36, SM-506.57, SS-524.87
M3 SE: CS-468.23, SH-485.06, SM-506.91, SS-543.89

So, basically 20PP gained over the Sierra just because of softer tyres?? Sounds fishy to me.

I've tested the M3 on SM tyres, and the effect almost vanishes.

It almost feels like the tyres are too sticky and the car starts to flip, like what you get when you equip cars with a very high centre of gravity with very sticky tyres. But why would this appear on an M3? Seems like the suspension simulation produces some extreme values in some situations and this is the outcome.

I think the ffb for the g29 still needs a bit of work. We shouldnt have to have the sensitivity all the way up just to get the feeling back. Somethings amiss imo but when youve got the right car and tune it does feel better
Not sure I agree re the sensitivity setting really. I don't see why the sensitivity would need to be turned down from "full" (whatever that really means in the game) unless there was some particular problem occuring. Prior to 1.49 I ran it at 1 because that seemed (paradoxically) to provide the most detail. Now it seems the reverse is true.

Some of the cars definitely need adjusting. I assume that's going to happen in coming updates. I very much don't think it's a "roll back to pre 1.49 physics" situation. It seems like a car parameter issue to me...

Last edited:
Not sure I agree re the sensitivity setting really. I don't see why the sensitivity would need to be turned down from "full" (whatever that really means in the game) unless there was some particular problem occuring. Prior to 1.49 I ran it at 1 because that seemed (paradoxically) to provide the most detail. Now it seems the reverse is true.

Some of the cars definitely need adjusting. I assume that's going to happen in coming updates. I very much don't think it's a "roll back to pre 1.49 physics" situation. It seems like a car perameter issue to me...

I don't think they'll roll back. This isn't a game breaking problem, it's just a problem that could ruin your race in a few cars or a few conditions. It's hard to say which.

Pre 1.49 I tried messing with the settings because from time to time a car would feel overly light and numb, the F40 being one of these (I only drove it once). Whether I moved the sensitivity or strength off of default and in which direction, it didn't matter to me, the result felt worse. So I left it on default. I haven't tried it much on 1.49 / 1.5 because I've been mostly grinding with a controller, but when I've used the wheel for TTs and weekly challenges it hasn't felt bad so I've still got it on default. I never liked ffb on strong anyway, I found it masked the messages I really wanted to get, and it also got in the way of me correcting the steering instead of helping me. It's never felt to me like heavy, unassisted steering, more like power assisted steering that has failed.

Well I don't remember what the default even was anymore on the G29. I don't like overly heavy FFB either which is why I used to run the torque at 4. But with 1.49 it seems like the effects are calibrated differently so that you can actually even have the torque at 10 and it's still driveable whereas before that would be an ungodly mess in many cars. But I keep it at 6 and find it to be a good balance.

Personally, I find in most cars with the G29 the feel of under/oversteer is considerably better now than previously.

Last edited:
I have also dialed up the numbers on my G29, and I am loving it. Whatever the physics are or are not, they are meaningless if you can't trust what both the car is doing, and how it will respond to your input. I'm finding 1.49/1.50 to be a real improvement.

Looks like another large car blog has caught news of 1.50 not fixing the problem.

Was interested in what people were saying about the EVOs and E36 M3 so I gave them both a run at Deep Forest to see what's up and... yep, the EVO is definitely broken, and the M3 seems to suffer from catastrophic uncorrectable oversteer.

The EVO acts like when the front suspension gets overloaded it pushes back with force, much like the broken busses from the update. Its like hydraulic suspension hopping once it hits the bumpstops. Here's a clip...

The M3 just oversteers into oblivion when it's rotated on throttle. It is catchable most of the time, but with a LOT of steering angle and a huge drop in pace. Overly aggressive for sure.

Had a similar issue with my Evo as well

Last edited:
I think the ffb for the g29 still needs a bit of work. We shouldnt have to have the sensitivity all the way up just to get the feeling back. Somethings amiss imo but when youve got the right car and tune it does feel better
The g29 is a 9 year old gear driven wheel base. Most of the wheel base resources needs to go to the newer direct drive wheels such as the g pro, dd pro, and the DD+. These are the future of GT wheels and need to be fully functioning, especially full force for Fanatec. The DD+ is the official wheel, and they can't even get ff working.

Just finished some of my own testing and the Evo VI is practically undrivable on some tracks. Please keep in mind this is stock - this is how it acts coming out the dealer. There is absolutely a huge problem.

The Evo III and the 500 Mondial are the other two I have found that I would say are as bad as this. The 500 Mondial can rebound so hard it rolls itself.. as I found out.

View attachment 1381002

I tried the stock Evo VI at Eiger in the time trial and quick race today and had no problems at all!
I am confused. Reading all the posts that stated that the Evo's were broken and almost undrivable, plus the videos made me think the car would exhibit the same problem when I drove it. What am I missing?

Last edited:
I've now tried the Ferrari 500 Mondial, because it was mentioned before, and noticed a weird behaviour when going perfectly straight at high speed. The car started wobbling from side to side without apparent reason. So I went to SSX to have a perfectly flat surface. First, the car was going straight, but then I tried to give it the slightest steering input which started the rocking motion left-right-left-right-..., although I was holding the wheel perfectly still. It also wasn't getting less, it was gradually getting stronger.

So, basically, the shock absorbers were not dampening anything, they were making it worse. Or is it a tyre effect? Does it maybe give too much rebound? Although I'm thinking then more cars would have to be affceted. It's quite hard to tell, but there's something completely wrong in one of those two.

Hopefully this will get fixed in the next update,i`d like to think PD would be on the ball with bugs that affect gameplay like this.Though i`m still amazed there are some people who still think this is down to driving/poor tuning.Just because it doesnt happen to everyone with every car doesnt mean its not an issue, iev only had it with the M3 on Eiger and the Civic touring car on Tokyo.

So I checked out the makinen evo, oh dear, it actually feels like it’s trying to wheelie.

While most of the cars feel much better it’s clear there are some issues in various other cars.
I just hope when they attempt to fix this they’re able to keep the new direction of more realistic feeling physics and not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Hopefully this will get fixed in the next update,i`d like to think PD would be on the ball with bugs that affect gameplay like this.Though i`m still amazed there are some people who still think this is down to driving/poor tuning.Just because it doesnt happen to everyone with every car doesnt mean its not an issue, iev only had it with the M3 on Eiger and the Civic touring car on Tokyo.

I could be wrong, but the impression I am getting is that those who have experienced issues with their cars and have been convinced that there is a problem want the game to be fixed so they can enjoy it more. Those who have not experienced issues with their cars and /or have not been convinced there is a problem are enjoying the new physics and don't want to see that taken away from them by further changes.

Or to put it another way, the second group might feel threatened that the game they are loving is going to get broken for them if the first group, through their complaining, get their way. Meanwhile the first group believe that the fate that the second group feel threatened by has in fact already befallen them and they want their game to be fixed.

So you'll get those who feel 1.49/1.50 has taken a step backwards and made the game less enjoyable. These want change because before 1.49 landed, they were happy. Then there are those who feel 1.49 / 1.5 is a step fowards, the game is now more enjoyable than it ever has been for them, and any changes could ruin that. Each group will see the other as a threat to their enjoyment, either by resisting change or by demanding it.

What both groups largely share in common is a lack of faith that PD can release another update without screwing something up.

That's my take on it.

I could be wrong, but the impression I am getting is that those who have experienced issues with their cars and have been convinced that there is a problem want the game to be fixed so they can enjoy it more. Those who have not experienced issues with their cars and /or have not been convinced there is a problem are enjoying the new physics and don't want to see that taken away from them by further changes.

Or to put it another way, the second group might feel threatened that the game they are loving is going to get broken for them if the first group, through their complaining, get their way. Meanwhile the first group believe that the fate that the second group feel threatened by has in fact already befallen them and they want their game to be fixed.

So you'll get those who feel 1.49/1.50 has taken a step backwards and made the game less enjoyable. These want change because before 1.49 landed, they were happy. Then there are those who feel 1.49 / 1.5 is a step fowards, the game is now more enjoyable than it ever has been for them, and any changes could ruin that. Each group will see the other as a threat to their enjoyment, either by resisting change or by demanding it.

What both groups largely share in common is a lack of faith that PD can release another update without screwing something up.

That's my take on it.
I love the new physics I just don't think they tested it extensively with road cars.
I don't want anything to be rolled back etc. - it's overall a huge step forward with some issues that need to be ironed out - and hopefully they will be.
There's not much room for debate in that there's something wrong somewhere, an evo should never do what it did in the videos I posted. If whatever causes that issue is fixed then it's perfect.

That's my take on it.
Can confirm.

My ddX was frustratingly weak and the ffb..lets just call it uninspiring for the price pre 1.49. To the degree where i was beginning to stop playing with the console and was becoming more interested in the progress of acc evo and ian bells game. Since 1.49, sure things aren’t perfect, but there good enough that im back to playing gt7 pretty close to daily and haven’t checked on the progress of the other two vr racing games in a while.

As for faith, no update to psvr2 in over a year. Also, no full force support for i guess about 3/4 of a year post ddX release. So while 1.49 buoyed the spirits a bit, taking the ffb and physics in more realistic directions..the jobs not over yet with the logi force effects borked(according to them), and the fanatec ones still not implemented, despite fanatec stating that the wheels drivers are capable and its up to the respective games to implement.

Personally, we are at: One in a row!

..sorta.. at least with a lot of the cars!

I went back to the Update Details they published for the 1.50 update. I think it's significant that they said "Improvements to an issue where cars leap into the air if certain values are applied in specific settings." and not "Fixed an issue...".

At least, there's hope they will fix it in the next regular update.

About the improvements is what I mentioned in the videos I posted. It’s more about PD accurately programming those suspension values. It’s mimicking these movements of the Civic and Accord below.
Take note of how Naoki Hattori bounces in the drivers seat. Also, on Tsuchiya’s run, notice how the rear of the Civic bounces after going over the curbs. When the Accord is driven, it does the same, but due to the wheelbase it’s not as dramatic. I’m giving credit for PD getting this part right.

Though I agree, the outrageous continued boinging of certain cars needs to be addressed.

me i love the new physics but I suspect some of the cars have supension model values that are stale or a bit sloppy in their implementation, but probably tolerable or ok w the old physics model. Now those are having issues w the new system and will have to be revised

The sensitivity setting has been strongly affected by the rework of the steering rack and how its connected to the wheels - before it had a much smaller effect, now the range is much greater. It seems like its adjusting the virtual bushings in the steering connections which now go from very soft to metal on metal, so 1 is giving a real rubbery steering feel. 10 is really tight but 6-7 feels pretty nice to me

I went back to the Update Details they published for the 1.50 update. I think it's significant that they said "Improvements to an issue where cars leap into the air if certain values are applied in specific settings." and not "Fixed an issue...".

At least, there's hope they will fix it in the next regular update.
Seems to be depending on the region. On US it says "We have addressed an issue in which cars leap into the air if certain values are applied in specific settings."

That said Spanish also says improvement, and on japanese it says "改善しました" which if Jisho isn't failing me means "betterment; improvement", so maybe that's the more accurate one.

OK, well there are no settings outside the game. But perhaps you should try changing the settings inside the game. I don't remember what they default to, but I know I definitely needed to change them from that because it wasn't great...

Just to update you on this: I drove a 512BB today, with a widebody, wide offset on the wheels and a sports suspension that isn't adjustable but does lower the ride height. I last drove this in 1.48 and I really enjoyed the balance. I could move the weight around to where I want it and let it adjust the angle of the car as needed to tuck the nose in, set up a classic drift or put more weight on the back tyres to kill some oversteer.

Today it felt like the balance was about the same but the oversteer was catching me by surprise and I kept spinning. I went to the wheel settings, which were still on default (6ffb and 4 or 5 on sensitivity.. I can't remember which). Pushed the sensitivity up to max (10?) And FFB up one to 7 because the wheel had felt a little light. This was much improved and now I could feel the oversteer developing, and react in time. So, yes, messing with the settings has helped me with 1.5, thank you.

On topic of new physics, I also drove another old favourite of mine today, a Mitsubishi GTO with a chunk of power and suspension mods. It was never a car with finesse but it was effective and safe. I drove this at the Turbo Sports round of the weekly challenges at Nuerburgring today. It had that binary or low resolution feeling to its reactions that I had mentioned a few posts back that I had in the R32 GT-R.

More or less it feels like when I turn the wheel, instead of the signals going to the game as a smooth change in number of degrees of lock added or removed, it feels like the game is processing the changes in 10 degree chunks. I get a similar feeling about the car's suspension reaction to brakes or power, like it is going up in 10% chunks instead of finer inputs. It doesn't feel like this in acceleration or deceleration, only in suspension movement. So if I'm pointed a bit wide of my chosen line in a corner and turn a bit more, or lift off the throttle a little to tighten my line, the car will react very coarsely, or twitchily and the nose will dive right past my chosen line in a single lurch instead of letting me drift back on to it. The pitch changes feel equally coarse. This is only in certain cars.

Meanwhile, while I was following the Imprezas in 1st and 2nd places (a yellow one and a blue 22B), on some corners they were moving around on their suspension in a way that looked quite unnatural to me, very coarse pogoing and corkscrewing, in a way that looked very much like my car felt to drive. But only on some corners. It was very clear on VR where the cars take up a big chunk of visible space when you are following them, and I could see it on the replay too but it was much less pronounced when using the regular flat screen views because the cars are just.. smaller.

I seem to have this issue mostly on front engined 4WD cars, but not all of them. I drove the 155 later on and that felt great.

Well here's another weird thing I've discovered. If you hit the rev limiter in basically any car, the tires will also hop like the burnout wheel hop issue. Everytime you hit the rev limiter, the wheels lose contact with the ground. I still have no idea what the heck Polyphony is doing. Never seen this happen in any other game. It happens on both SH and SS.

Also the weird bump steer/instability during high speed braking exists on the F Type, like many others have reported with different cars. Tested with both SH and SS. I'm driving on a perfectly flat road without any steering input.

My Yaris with the engine swap used to be fun, especially on Tokyo, now when you brake going into a corner it jinks towards the wall. No matter what settings I use doesnt seem to help. Strangely,removing the custom suspension stops this,a lot of my cars are ok so hope PD can fix the issues people are having.Too many people having problems to blame driving/garbage tuning. 🫱

Last edited:
Okay, let me say this. New update sucks hard. Cars are undriveable. All cars had been hit by understeer fixes. I'm on T300RS and all cars felt numb, it's just faux weight sensation when I turned the FFB settings up. Also cars are felt like they're not driving on track, it felt they're up in the air.
I can't even brake properly, no trailbraking. Also hated the Eiger. All my car felt no grip whatsoever there. The undulation wasn't great with the new suspension.
If they're saying new update bring the physics more closer to sim racing, there's no way sim racing are like this.

Okay, let me say this. New update sucks hard. Cars are undriveable. All cars had been hit by understeer fixes. I'm on T300RS and all cars felt numb, it's just faux weight sensation when I turned the FFB settings up. Also cars are felt like they're not driving on track, it felt they're up in the air.
I can't even brake properly, no trailbraking. Also hated the Eiger. All my car felt no grip whatsoever there. The undulation wasn't great with the new suspension.
If they're saying new update bring the physics more closer to sim racing, there's no way sim racing are like this.
I’m on the Dualsense controller and I have the complete opposite impression. Which makes me think that what you experience is a FFB issue rather than a physics issue.

My Yaris with the engine swap used to be fun, especially on Tokyo, now when you brake going into a corner it jinks towards the wall. No matter what settings I use doesnt seem to help. Strangely,removing the custom suspension stops this,a lot of my cars are ok so hope PD can fix the issues people are having.Too many people having problems to blame driving/garbage tuning.
Adjust natural frequency to high both front and rear

Last edited:
Just to confirm that putting an otherwise completely stock Tommi Makkinen Evo on to sticky tyres makes it very glitchy, you can comfortably wheelie it, if you hit kerbs at speed it will lift the car off the ground and then PD's "fix" for flying cars makes it just levitate briefly whilst it adjusts its pitch / roll in mid-air.

I think the physics update is an improvement overall, but there are definitely some very odd things occuring at times especially to do with bumps / rapid suspension movements.

Adjust natural frequency to high both front and rear
Done that,ramped it up to a unrealistic amount and its better but not planted like it used to be.Thing is,rather than use crazy suspension settings to make certain cars better why dont PD sort it out? Im hoping something comes in the Aug update but theres no`updated issues`tab on the website so it makes me wonder if they dont htink theres an issue.Fingers crossed.

Done that,ramped it up to a unrealistic amount and its better but not planted like it used to be.Thing is,rather than use crazy suspension settings to make certain cars better why dont PD sort it out? Im hoping something comes in the Aug update but theres no`updated issues`tab on the website so it makes me wonder if they dont htink theres an issue.Fingers crossed.

PD and Gran Turismo have many strengths. Communication, responding to fans, and producing games or updates without glaring bugs are not amongst these strengths 😄

I also hope they sort it out in the next update, along with the weird steering wheel ffb reactions many players are getting, and I equally hope they don't introduce some new howler while they're at it.

Last edited:
Back