Gran Turismo 7 Spec II Revealed: Upgraded GT Sophy AI, New Snow Track, New Cars, and More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,041 comments
Man the new Porsche GT3RS.šŸ”„šŸ”„ Itā€™s a track weapon such a lovely car! I didnā€™t even know it had DRSā€¦ and I play either in cockpit view or VR when I tell yā€™all when I saw the DRS enable on the actual dash I cried! The graphic of the Porsche actually switches in the dash once itā€™s on!

Please PD keep these updates flowing!
Yes, that'S really cool although I can't experience it in VR right now. Hope they fix the driving mode (it's on "Normal" but for sure it would be "Sport +").

Loving the Mercedes, its entered my favourite cars just as quickly as Lake Louise has entered my least favourite tracks. PD really doesn't do rally physics well.
I'm guessing Entry Understeer, followed by immediate Oversteer? I loved the GT Sport rally physics (and tracks - hate the tweaks they made for this game), GT7...not as much.

Jerome

Yes this was happening to me with the new 911 at the ring. Not only under braking but when going flat out on the long straight. Its like the wheel would go light or lose its centre and the car would veer to the left or right with no way to save it really. It was fine last night for a few laps but today it was buggy as. At first I thought it could be a fault with my wheel but I tried it with the gr3 911 rsr and there was no problem. Hope it gets fixed as the new 911 is a blast to drive round the ring.
Thanks for confirming, I thought it was because I messed with the tune. The car is seriously a cheat code, it handles insanely well for being a production car.

it is obvious sport mode enthusiast and esport sweat have, like alex lopez murillo, zero respect for what makes gran turismo gran turismo, just begging for BoP, gt3 cars, boring real world race tracks and penalty system that can never be perfect. we need a gt sport 2 or something to isolate these people and we can go back to a gran turismo that is focus number one single player, ever since they add online in gran turismo on ps3 single player is suffering, peak suffering was gt sport release, but spec ii is our favourite sushi chef Kazunori-san realising to focus on single player, now he see the true gt fans like it, let us hope it stays like this, i am liking this new and improve direction for gran turismo 7, enough with the esports ****

I think thereā€™s room in the game for both, and as long as both modes keep getting improved, bit by bit, iā€™ll keep playing.

And honestly, if they brought the prices of buying in-games credits with real money down somewhat iā€™d be happy, from time to time, to contribute financially to the project.

I think thereā€™s room in the game for both, and as long as both modes keep getting improved, bit by bit, iā€™ll keep playing.

And honestly, if they brought the prices of buying in-games credits with real money down somewhat iā€™d be happy, from time to time, to contribute financially to the project.
Agree with that. If it was say 3 USD for 2 million, I'd be using the MTX model more often.

Loving the Mercedes, its entered my favourite cars just as quickly as Lake Louise has entered my least favourite tracks. PD really doesn't do rally physics well.
With you on the last part. If you're someone that hasn't played rally games then GT7 rally is not that bad. When i was younger i had tons of fun on rally tracks in GT3 and 4. But as some who has now put countless hours in early DiRT games and DiRT Rally 2.0, it doesn't even compare.

Its quite easy to overpower Sophy with upgrades, I dove straight in and maxed out every upgrade for my Porsche GT3 (im guessing Sophy is attenuated to PP or perhaps default car set ups im not sure). Anyway Ive found a good setting after nerfing down the Porsche GT3. Started maxed out parts and weight reduction, racing hards, then minimum power output (70) / racing computer (70) +44 ballast brings the PP to 699.9. This creates a great dance as you constantly get overtaken on the straights and pick it up in the corners, any mistake during the 3 laps against top tier Sophy and you lose, but what a satisfying race it makes. Its a shame Sophy does not adapt with the upgrade path at this stage, but if you tinker about the dance is sublime. This tune works particularly well at Laguna Seca & Road Atlanta maybe give it a try? I would be keen to hear any set ups for different vehicles that create a good dance im sure im not the only one fettling about ;-)

Last edited:
PMK
With you on the last part. If you're someone that hasn't played rally games then GT7 rally is not that bad. When i was younger i had tons of fun on rally tracks in GT3 and 4. But as some who has now put countless hours in early DiRT games and DiRT Rally 2.0, it doesn't even compare.
How much of that is due to the car in use? If you run a GT3 RS that has underbody aero which breaks on subtle speed bumps in the real world and bring that on the rally stage, what do you expect? I think Dirt has the benefit of only introducing rally spec cars. After all, the homologation specials were successful in rally because they were built from scratch for rallying. I notice a lot of cars bottom out and lose control in GT7 rally, but find that rather realistic and funny. Some of the cars with proper tune will likely do well in GT7 dirt tracks. I'm not much into rally but do own both Dirt and GT and that's my guess.

PS4 is already bottlenecked by its hot potato CPU even before we enter the PS5-era.
CPU on PS5 is about 4 times quicker than PS4pro's just in raw power, and on PS4 the CPU has to handle some of the audio & IO workloads as well which makes it a 5-6 times difference irl. I would even assume that the funny AIs of the vanilla game are already the result of PS4's CPU rather than of PD's development capability.
Well you said it yourself, it's 5-6x times more powerful, not 19x. And PS4 Pro (which I have) will be even less difference. Games like ACC have better AI than GT7 even on PS4, so there's still lots of scope of improvement of the base AI even without Sophy.

I still believe it's possible to technically run at least 1 Sophy car on PS4. But PD just doesn't want to spend time bothering and/or they want to push people to move to PS5 (understandably). Anyway from what I've seen it's still not perfect. So I'll let you guys do the beta testing and I'll just wait until GT8 comes out when it will be implemented fully :lol:

Last edited:
I can't find that GT World Series 900 race, where was that at?

And the snow physics are a little nuts, you must let the car completely settle down at the apex with your foot completely off the throttle and then punch it when you are pointed the right way.

Jerome

Last edited:
I can't find that GT World Series 900 race, where was that at?

And the snow physics are a little nuts, you must let the car completely settle down at the apex with your foot completely off the throttle and then punch it when you are pointed the right way.

Jerome
You'll need to start that Menu Book, which can be done only after you're at Collector Level 39. It's much the same for the X2019 Nations Cup, though you'll need to be at Collector Level 50 to be able to start that Menu Book.

You'll need to start that Menu Book, which can be done only after you're at Collector Level 39. It's much the same for the X2019 Nations Cup, though you'll need to be at Collector Level 50 to be able to start that Menu Book.
Oooh, yeah I didn't start the Menu Book for it yet. Thanks buddy!

Jerome

Tried this new long exposure feature and damn it's really cool and the results can be really interesting

20970221108451787.png20970472826112614.png20970486961679797.png20970568945186576.png20970586956183889.png20970852955068485.png

Wow wow! psvr2 t150 (6 - 1) no aid, laguna seca, sophy hard, standard lancia stratos or eunos roadster.
Gently on brake and gas.. start push on second lap.
the best driving Experience i have from Revs to now! :)

190 mercedes driver hate me.
Great!

Most of the sweat in this update probably went towards Sophy.

Sorry, but it will never be a true even firing V10, so it will never sound like the LFA. Then it doesn't rev as high either, which is key for the right harmonics. You can get a Gallardo V10 to sound like an LFA but never a Carrera GT.
Who said anything about sounding like the LFA? The 980/01 is a proper race bred engine. Sounds much better than any Lamborghini V10 and better than the LFA in my opinion

Who said anything about sounding like the LFA? The 980/01 is a proper race bred engine. Sounds much better than any Lamborghini V10 and better than the LFA in my opinion
Both the 5.0 and 5.2 Lambo V10s were raced in GT3 series. The AMG F1 hypercar is based on a "proper race bred engine" and sounds like dog s. I'm not convinced race bred is a guarantee of good sound. Also, no guarantee the Carrera GT got the race cam and valvetrain from the race project. More like a guarantee it didn't to pass emissions and last longer than hours. So we're stuck with firing order and such and Carrera GT is somewhere between the Lambo 5.0/LFA and 5.2 in sound character.

I would have the Carrera GT over the 5.0 Gallardo, but engine note wise, Gallardo 5.0 anyday for true even firing V10 noise. So not surprised Carrera Gt sounds the way it does in the game.

Both the 5.0 and 5.2 Lambo V10s were raced in GT3 series. The AMG F1 hypercar is based on a "proper race bred engine" and sounds like dog s. I'm not convinced race bred is a guarantee of good sound. Also, no guarantee the Carrera GT got the race cam and valvetrain from the race project. More like a guarantee it didn't to pass emissions and last longer than hours. So we're stuck with firing order and such and Carrera GT is somewhere between the Lambo 5.0/LFA and 5.2 in sound character.

I would have the Carrera GT over the 5.0 Gallardo, but engine note wise, Gallardo 5.0 anyday for true even firing V10 noise. So not surprised Carrera Gt sounds the way it does in the game.
The CGT in game uses a watered down sound recording from a straight piped car, which is why it lacks the high pitched wail of the stock car.

The LFA sounds great, but a bit "manufactured" to my ears. The CGT is so much more unique and purposeful. Each to their own though, both amazing cars

Last edited:
I wish more than anything PD would increase the spatial area when you are using PSVR2. While in a motion sim and in an open wheeled car, the screen goes black and green if the bank is too much. Now I have to go in and try and tamper with some settings to help prevent it.

Jerome

How much of that is due to the car in use? If you run a GT3 RS that has underbody aero which breaks on subtle speed bumps in the real world and bring that on the rally stage, what do you expect? I think Dirt has the benefit of only introducing rally spec cars. After all, the homologation specials were successful in rally because they were built from scratch for rallying. I notice a lot of cars bottom out and lose control in GT7 rally, but find that rather realistic and funny. Some of the cars with proper tune will likely do well in GT7 dirt tracks. I'm not much into rally but do own both Dirt and GT and that's my guess.
Uhm not one bit is due to the car in use. Why do you think i was talking about taking a Veyron or GT3RS to the a dirt track? I'm talking about every possible offroad vehicle in the game like GR.B or pick up trucks. Rally physics in GT7 are genuinely pathetic. The cars just float over the track, which is not realistic in any way.

If you compare GTS/GT7 physics to Rally 2.0 or even the new WRC game it's like comparing Call Of Duty Modern Warfare III's gunplay & physics to Roblox FPS modes.
I've played Rally 2.0 for years, have visited tons of real life rallies and can tell you that Gran Turismo's rally physics are very mediocre. But it's not that big of a deal. After all, GT7's main attribute is not rally.

Last edited:
Indeed.

On a more serious note, though, I wonder if it has ever crossed peoples mind that those who ā€œcomplainā€ (me included) does it because theyā€™re massive fans of the franchise and has been for a long time, and that they (we) are frustrated about the lost potential rather than just being negative for the sake of being negative.
Because it's deserved, like the user score of GT7 in Metacritic. GT is grossly overrated as a franchise even from the beginning. That'd be the reason why PD never addresses any of its flaws from the start until now.

The Porsche is drives so damn nice with no tuning needed straight out the dealership to track it drives so nicely
Just like in real life šŸ˜‰
Anyone find if there is a way to set the DRS on auto-deploy? I suspect not. Thatā€™s mildly annoying; in real life, you just leave the thing on auto in most scenarios. I only just futzed with it for a few minutes tonight and auto or not, it would be preferable if you didnā€™t have to hold the button to keep it open. Would be better if you could hit the button to activate it and then it just closed the wing again when you hit the brakes. Having to hold the button isnā€™t great but hey, still an awesome feature and as someone else mentioned, itā€™s cool that the dash message correlates to the real status of your DRS.

Last edited:
Omg I almost brought psvr2 until I realised I had to play from the inside the car view!!! Does look good though, especially that Lexus, soundā€™s awesome too!

Back