Gran Turismo 7 Spec II Revealed: Upgraded GT Sophy AI, New Snow Track, New Cars, and More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,041 comments

• daytona, 8 LAPS, 20 cars and niveau débutant (blue) Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car

1.13 version => 16 464 Cr

1.15 version => 14 575 Cr

1.40 version => ? Cr GT7 spec II

👀 good 😎
1.40 version => 35 400 cr (GT7 SPEC II)

😎 :gtpflag:

F-Ej3vSXYAAk2O_

Don’t really see the point of the new Master licence, other than for PD to use some of the post-launch cars in it. There’s only a handful of wet or snow tests, everything else is pretty much the same stuff as before. Didn’t really need 50 challenges.

Don’t really see the point of the new Master licence, other than for PD to use some of the post-launch cars in it. There’s only a handful of wet or snow tests, everything else is pretty much the same stuff as before. Didn’t really need 50 challenges.
But it's to coach drivers better...

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Watch: Racing Gran Turismo Sophy 2.0 in Gran Turismo 7 Spec II

One of the headlining features of the recent Gran Turismo 7 Spec II update is the return of the Gran Turismo Sophy AI, at least to PlayStation 5 versions of the game, and our latest video sees GTPlanet’s lead video producer Chaz Draycott take it out for a test drive...

I didn't play the Game for 3 Months, last night i give it a go and after this Spec II update the Game is OK now.
Before the Update 4/10
After the Update 7/10
...still missing a lot of things.
I’ve found the game underwhelming and frugal since release. This update feels like a massive step in the right direction though. Currency is a lot easier to earn, events are grouped so they’re easier, weekly races give you something to look forward to.
Still baffles me why decisions like this and the inability to sell cars weren’t in the initial game?!?! Would’ve eliminated the bad press it got initially. Has someone at Sony had a word with Kaz?

I’ve found the game underwhelming and frugal since release. This update feels like a massive step in the right direction though. Currency is a lot easier to earn, events are grouped so they’re easier, weekly races give you something to look forward to.
Still baffles me why decisions like this and the inability to sell cars weren’t in the initial game?!?! Would’ve eliminated the bad press it got initially. Has someone at Sony had a word with Kaz?
You guys keep blaming Kaz, but from the initial decision to delay release to incorporate ps4 support, to the way the economy encourages micro transactions, all wreaks of corporate ‘management.’ And to be frank, kinda smelled of after the fact influence, rather than the plan from the start.

Regarding Sophy. What's the availability of where it can be used?

Is it just career mode? Or can it be used in other modes? Most importantly to me I'd like to know can it be used in custom races?

What do you guys think is the reason for fewer time conditions available when racing against Sophy than regular AI? I can think of dynamic weather (most importantly rain) not being compatible with Sophy. But I wonder if it’s the limitation of PS5 or rather the agent itself.

Regarding Sophy. What's the availability of where it can be used?

Is it just career mode? Or can it be used in other modes? Most importantly to me I'd like to know can it be used in custom races?
Sophy is only available in the new “Quick Race” option on select tracks in dry conditions.

Last edited:
You guys keep blaming Kaz, but from the initial decision to delay release to incorporate ps4 support, to the way the economy encourages micro transactions, all wreaks of corporate ‘management.’ And to be frank, kinda smelled of after the fact influence, rather than the plan from the start.
100% - Buying cars with real cash rather than earning them definitely goes against the Gran Turismo philosophy - even though this wasn’t a new concept in GT7

While I don't disagree that there's the faint whiff of the hand of PlayStation Studios in the awful monetization of GT7, this:
Buying cars with real cash rather than earning them definitely goes against the Gran Turismo philosophy
Very much ignores Kazunori Yamauchi's own plan for Gran Turismo HD, over a 15 years before PlayStation Studios was even a thing, which he referred to as "the GT version of iTunes".

GTHD was supposed to be a barebones game for which you bought cars and tracks individually. In 2006.

While I don't disagree that there's the faint whiff of the hand of PlayStation Studios in the awful monetization of GT7, this:
Very much ignores Kazunori Yamauchi's own plan for Gran Turismo HD, over a 15 years before PlayStation Studios was even a thing, which he referred to as "the GT version of iTunes".

GTHD was supposed to be a barebones game for which you bought cars and tracks individually. In 2006.
The (purple) voice of knowledge much greater than mine. You should write an encyclopaedia on Gran Turismo 😉

I just found out it's limited to 9 tracks :grumpy:

I'm glad Road Atlanta's there but I want Watkins Glen and Interlagos as well. Maybe Catalunya and Brands Hatch too.

Americas:
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
Grand Valley - Highway 1
Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta

Europe:
24 Heures du Mans Racing Circuit
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Deep Forest Raceway
Red Bull Ring

Asia-Oceania:
Suzuka Circuit
Tsukuba Circuit

I actually have more fun with this game when I don’t visit this forum. So much whining about all the things people don’t like.

Obviously you’re going to see more and more implementation of all features over time.

I have to remind myself, that just like sport mode, it’s the people, that ruin what could be an enjoyable time.

"The Ford Roadster is a classic car and it looks-"

PD: AYO IT LOOKS GOOD WITH A SHINY CYAN PAINT WITH A BIG AEM DECAL
echongp.png

Also PD: CLASSIC EXPENSIVE CAR TUNED TO 600PP RACING AGAINST A KEI CAR AY LAMAU
sxWWBPC.png

People said pages ago and I agree with you all: these chilli races should be the standard. The grid is always random, there's some customization to the cars and the IA on Hard difficulty is decent-ish.

It'd be nice if the races were a bit longer.

These races reminds me of previous GTs where I would pick a random car and tune it for specific events just for fun/challenge.

I won Monza with a tuned 3000GT, in a very fun battle against a blue Viper, Watkins Glen driving a slighty tuned R34 and Fuji, after (unsuccessfully) testing a lot of cars, finally won driving the Roadster Shop Rampage, although I did came in 2nd once:

iRG90Ez.png

NO I'M NOT SALTY THAT I LOST TO A EV CAR WHAT YOU TALKIN BOUT

Just look at this grid. This is pure Gran Turismo
mgoQYWx.png

Do you think he was contemplating a paradigm closer to what iracing has become?

Really enjoying this update. The 190 is a great car out of the box! Lake Louise is fun since I love rally. Still have to explore more of it.
Re-raced one of the weeklies, the 2 lapper RWD race at Nurbugring, and here I was on RS and all of a sudden on lap 2 it started raining! Caught me way off guard and went from an easy 1st to 4th. :lol: All good in fun and games!

I have a request that comes out of left field but I thought I would ask it here since the hardcore GT people are here. I realize this is a shot in the dark.

I want to show my son-in-law the nice documentary about Kaz and his love for automotive. It was a video that was embedded in GT Sport. I don't have room on my PlayStation to reinstall GT sport.

I know it's a shot in the dark but can anybody help me?

Last edited:
I have a request that comes out of left field but I thought I would ask it here since the hardcore GT people are here. I realize this is a shot in the dark.

I want to show my son-in-law the nice documentary about Kaz and his love for automotive. It was a video that was embedded in GT Sport. I don't have room on my PlayStation to reinstall GT sport.

I know it's a shot in the dark but can anybody help me?
Here you go homie. Hope this helps. If you have a Hulu subscription, I think you can stream it there too.

But it's to coach drivers better...

I didn't see the point either at launch, i.e. why have a second set of licenses when you don't even use the first set lol... but then once I became aware that the last 3 licenses include over 30 mill of cars, 2 of which I don't have, I became quite content, as some of them are quite challenging and I would much rather grind out 10 license tests for a 20mill car I don't have than spend hours grinding it out at one of the big 3 races, so I'm actually ok with it :)

So having raced Sophy a bunch on a variety of the available tracks I have mixed feedback:

• I't s way better than the stock AI (although I think the pepper challenges/missions show the stock AI is also hampered by design which is relevant).
  • It's artificially slower on straights, which is a huge detriment. Same car class, same tires, no tune, and you will still out pull Sophy on the straights regardless of car. Go out in Gr3 or Gr 4 cars and take a cornering scalpel and you'll still output Supras or other straight line blazers on Kemmel. By a huge margin.
  • It's not as aggressive as the preview Sophy was. Between the lack of overtake speed and the weird balance these iterations are no where near as hard as the preview top level violet was.
Still good, hope it still gets tweaked - I enjoy AI races against smart opponents. Also, not trying to add fuel to any fire but for those wondering why this is a single player update, Sony's trophy system shows somewhere between 14% and 20% of players have completed 1 Sport Mode race. I like Sport Mode and am a B/S driver. I also own PSVR2 and would love some updates to that mode. Like modifying the UI etc. But How many people are PSVR2 players who play Sport mode if only 15% or so have even done a Sport mode race? It doesn't mean we're not important, but you can see the reasoning. I think the update is great, I hope this isn't it for Sophy prior to GT8, it's so close.

e; oh and adding the 992 as a road car is a masterful troll - I want that car IRL so bad, but also want as the proper GT3 version to use in Sport Gr3 events and can't have either!

Last edited:
So having raced Sophy a bunch on a variety of the available tracks I have mixed feedback:
  • It's artificially slower on straights, which is a huge detriment. Same car class, same tires, no tune, and you will still out pull Sophy on the straights regardless of car. Go out in Gr3 or Gr 4 cars and take a cornering scalpel and you'll still output Supras or other straight line blazers on Kemmel. By a huge margin.
  • It's not as aggressive as the preview Sophy was. Between the lack of overtake speed and the weird balance these iterations are no where near as hard as the preview top level violet was.
So it's proven that they can't ever create proper competent AI or even good game design. Embarassing. Not even hoping for Sophy to replace regular AI or such, don't even hope that it's anything good.

So it's proven that they can't ever create proper competent AI or even good game design. Embarassing. Not even hoping for Sophy to replace regular AI or such, don't even hope that it's anything good.
They literally had Sophy so good that people got pissed that they cant win before , whatever you say buddy ...

Back