Gran Turismo 7 Spec II Revealed: Upgraded GT Sophy AI, New Snow Track, New Cars, and More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,041 comments
So people, what is all the fuss about? Seriously? So, a few shining bits and bobs and a few new trinkets under the tree are getting people excited. How lame.

TO POLYPHONY. With all due respect, how about fixing all the crap first. So may things have been mentioned over so long now and you just continue to ignore. Well done.

The biggest culprit is the ridiculous Penalty System which is broken, badly, very badly. Hit a car from behind (not deliberate), they stay on line, on track and you get a 2 second penalty :lol::ouch: Some twit smashes a car that bounces off you and goes off track... you get a 4 second penalty. Etc, etc, etc.

And how about daily races that have become so same, same, same and boring. Some that are meant to be strategy based and just a no stopper on the hardest tyre available. The weather races have all but disappeared. Some starting positions (Spa) are just stupid and need to be changed - How about the old straight? At least everyone will have a decent start.

Oh well, going off to race Spa now.

Anyone noticed how the tesla has a map of mars in interior view.:lol:

Maybe a mars driving mission in the future.😊
Gran Turismo® 7_20231103074718.jpg

So people, what is all the fuss about? Seriously? So, a few shining bits and bobs and a few new trinkets under the tree are getting people excited. How lame.

TO POLYPHONY. With all due respect, how about fixing all the crap first. So may things have been mentioned over so long now and you just continue to ignore. Well done.

The biggest culprit is the ridiculous Penalty System which is broken, badly, very badly. Hit a car from behind (not deliberate), they stay on line, on track and you get a 2 second penalty :lol::ouch: Some twit smashes a car that bounces off you and goes off track... you get a 4 second penalty. Etc, etc, etc.

And how about daily races that have become so same, same, same and boring. Some that are meant to be strategy based and just a no stopper on the hardest tyre available. The weather races have all but disappeared. Some starting positions (Spa) are just stupid and need to be changed - How about the old straight? At least everyone will have a decent start.

Your criticisms of MP are valid but the update is very SP focused. It has certainly improved the SP experience though, which is why people are happy, hopefully some more love for MP/Sport in a future update.

Last edited:

Sportheads got an entire game catered to their lame desires. The least you could do is be grateful that we got an update focused on single-player content and road cars... you know, the stuff GT was built on.

there is one feature that we would need, is the sell of the engine we receive.
I'm not at all into this tuning, and I don't care, so I don't see why they have not included the feature from the begining
If this feature arrives, the ones who exploited the glitch (infinite prize ticket) would turn billionaires.
I dont expect this to happen.

Last edited:

I mean you can always go play lame Forza and pay for dlc....... PD gives all of this for free ......how about some gratitude?? You're right things need fixed but let's not ignore the victories and progress made .........some people just love to live in misery I guess....

Sportheads got an entire game catered to their lame desires. The least you could do is be grateful that we got an update focused on single-player content and road cars... you know, the stuff GT was built on.
Very well aware from whence GT came and that's the point surely. Go back to GT5 and tell me that wasn't a better offering that kept you coming back for more, without Sport mode.

Dunno if mine is glitched out or that the chiron swap is too much motor for this vette, as when I slam on the brakes going into a turn, the car violently pulls to the left.:scared: Once that happens you're just a passenger because trying to steer it the other way to avoid slamming into a wall is futile. I should add that it seems to trigger when the vehicle is travelling about 270-300km/h(167-186mph). :lol:
It's like as if the car is cursed once you shoehorn that behemoth of a motor into the vette's engine bay.:crazy:
I've noticed the r32 nismo with the gtr swap has an odd tendancy to violently pull left under braking too. My wide body sierras are all steering themselves under braking too... 🤔

I mean you can always go play lame Forza and pay for dlc....... PD gives all of this for free ......how about some gratitude?? You're right things need fixed but let's not ignore the victories and progress made .........some people just love to live in misery I guess....
Gratitude was paid when I purchased GT7 and found it to be rather lacking in decent content. Apart from Sport mode, you could finish the game in a week. It's a far cry from older better iterations. And not misery, just reality which those in the US seem totally devoid of.

Gratitude was paid when I purchased GT7 and found it to be rather lacking in decent content. Apart from Sport mode, you could finish the game in a week. It's a far cry from older better iterations. And not misery, just reality which those in the US seem totally devoid of.
They've added content did you even read the notes for this update?? I have a feeling they could add 100 new races and you'd still crap all over it ....it's your opinion but it's hardly reality just because you didn't get what you wanted, many people did get things they asked for.....

You seem to be a common denominator in a lot of incidents... I am willing to bet the problem lies with you and the standard of your driving, especially since you haven't show any videos of these races where this would most likely be pointed out as a YOU problem

Haters gonna hate they say, and after each FREE update that we had we can find out that its true.
I use GT7 in something like 80% sport mode 20% single player.

This update its not aimed at the players like me but would be ridiculous to not recognize that this, was an awesome update.
If I could like multiple times I would, exactly how I feel.

So what your saying its that you dont whant to get a penalty for punting someone? It doesnt matter if was on purpose, its actually the first rule you learn when you get your driving license in RL or at least it should be, if you are following someone and hit it from the back your the one to be blamed..., safety distance its one of the most important thing about driving skills.

Also the ablility to drive close to each other and the ability to judge others skills / Behavior so you know how to fight them or avoid them its a thing that needs to be learned.
Doing that will help you more in the long run instead of blamming penalty systems or stewarts, in RL the best pilots are not only fast but also they have to know when to make moves and so on cause if they hit or if they are hited it doesnt matter.., they probably will have their race ruined even after a good decision by the people judging..., but it happens a lot even after several hours the decisions not always are fair, imagine a machine having to do that in real time not knowing to read intentions.

So what your saying its that you dont whant to get a penalty for punting someone? It doesnt matter if was on purpose, its actually the first rule you learn when you get your driving license in RL or at least it should be, if you are following someone and hit it from the back your the one to be blamed..., safety distance its one of the most important thing about driving skills.
In UK Karting (maybe Europe too) you receive a 5-second penalty for having a "dropped nose" regardless of how it occurred. These nose cones drop after a certain amount of pressure.

Edit for source:
Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 14.20.09.png

Taken from Motorsport UK's "Blue Book" which is shown here: https://www.motorsportuk.org/2023-yearbook-published/

Last edited:
I'm not in Sophy development team but from my knowledge on how this stuff works, Sony AI would have to train Sophy on every choice you make.

Granted with the limited choices you mention it may not be the case but I think it's a bit more complicated than just throwing 3 variables at it.
Fair enough. Well, I really like the idea and the potential of Sophy, but if each and every variable is gonna take months to learn, I’m starting to doubt if it’s really that useful. I mean, we’re talking several years for it to be fully functional.

Has anyone experienced the steering locking up when braking on the 992 GT3RS? I’m trying to figure out if it’s a bug with that particular car. I bought 2 of them (one stock, one modded) and they both behaved the same.
Yes this was happening to me with the new 911 at the ring. Not only under braking but when going flat out on the long straight. Its like the wheel would go light or lose its centre and the car would veer to the left or right with no way to save it really. It was fine last night for a few laps but today it was buggy as. At first I thought it could be a fault with my wheel but I tried it with the gr3 911 rsr and there was no problem. Hope it gets fixed as the new 911 is a blast to drive round the ring.

• daytona, 8 LAPS, 20 cars and niveau débutant (blue) Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car

1.13 version => 16 464 Cr

1.15 version => 14 575 Cr

1.40 version => ? Cr GT7 spec II

👀 good 😎

This is ridiculous, you should get your view on this in perspective, there’s a lot of content added and you say this isn’t worth anything but a some improvements on existing mechanics/ features in the game would do it?
Clearly this is where your focus pays on and what would make you happy, but ever thought that people value other things than you more?

Sorry if this has already been asked but...is there a way to remove the rather ugly and dull liveries from AI cars? So I can race against them with manufacturers paintjobs for bodywork and rims? Thanks.

Doombots don't need gratitude because they built a griping force of extraordinary magnitude forged in the tradition of their ancestors.

Sorry if this has already been asked but...is there a way to remove the rather ugly and dull liveries from AI cars? So I can race against them with manufacturers paintjobs for bodywork and rims? Thanks.

Only in custom race grids u create.

"How about fixing all the crap" (proceeds to mention specifically 2 things related to one mode, ignoring the massive influx of community requested fixes and additions added to the rest of the game).

Ok mate. Sort your ego out first. More to the game than Sport Mode.

Facts. PD should never be praised even with these kind of updates. Focus on what's untouched.

Back