Gran Turismo 7 Spec II Revealed: Upgraded GT Sophy AI, New Snow Track, New Cars, and More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,041 comments
Frankly though I don't see much use in the Paddock. I kind of expected us to be able to walk around people's cars in a parking lot like a real meet-up, but instead it's a bunch of overhead cars with very little ability to change your viewpoint. You can also give emojis to others (I think?), but I couldn't get it to work. Overall I wasn't at all impressed.
Same here. Being able to use VR and move around freely between the parked cars would make it incredible though.

Bonus Menu Book 48 – World Touring Car 900​

• Autopolis International Racing Course – 10 laps, 150,000cr
  • Nurburgring GP – 10 laps, 135,000cr
  • Suzuka Circuit – 10 laps, 170,000cr

Bonus Menu Book 49 – X2019 Nations Cup​

• Autodromo de Interlagos – 12 laps, 150,000cr
  • Dragon Trail Seaside – 14 laps, 190,000cr
  • Sardegna Road Track A – 13 laps, 175,000cr

A further 14 new races are available too, dotted about the World Circuits menus, including three at the new Lake Louise location and eight “chilli” races that feature enhanced difficulty:

• Clubman Cup+ – Fuji Speedway – 5 laps, 75,000cr
  • Clubman Cup+ – Monza Circuit – 5 laps, 85,000cr
  • Clubman Cup+ – Special Stage Route X – 1 lap, 35,000cr
  • Clubman Cup+ – Watkins Glen Long Course – 4 laps, 70,000cr
  • GT Cup Gr.3 – Daytona Speedway – 7 laps, 56,000cr
  • GT Cup Gr.3 – Deep Forest Raceway – 7 laps, 90,000cr
  • GT Cup Gr.3 – Mount Panorama – 10 laps, 200,000cr
  • GT Cup Gr.3 – Red Bull Ring – 7 laps, 125,000cr
  • Japanese 4WD Challenge 600 – Lake Louise Short – 4 laps, 38,000cr
  • Pickup Truck Race – Lake Louise Tri-Oval Reverse – 5 laps, 50,000cr
  • World Rally Challenge Gr.B – Lake Louise Long – 4 laps, 85,000cr
  • World Touring Car 900 – Trial Mountain – 10 laps, 160,000cr
  • X2019 Nations Cup – Autodrome Lago Maggiore – 14 laps, 200,000cr
  • X2019 Nations Cup – Trial Mountain – 14 laps, 200,000cr

Coincidence, just checking this topic :lol: Thanks for the reply. Just booted up GT7, so i'l check it out!

What about that opening movie huh? So clean 😍😍 Anyone else noticed it suddenly says: The Maestro - Lewis Hamilton? Maybe a sign? Some Lewis Hamilton content coming? Would be nice!

It's a cool new opening title defo. As for the LH ref that's been part of GT for the past few games.

yes GT sport (photo)

F92p4RjWAAAJZ_k
GT7 1.40 version

F994CluXsAANu0f

F99-hlTWgAEN6s9

I have ended this special event with 911 GT3 RS on Laguna Seca. Very fun event! Too bad those are only for 1 week :) I would love them to stay permanently :D
Actually didn't try if you can play the event again? I think you can but without earnibg the credits again problably.

Actually didn't try if you can play the event again? I think you can but without earnibg the credits again problably.
You can play it as many times as you want and it is pretty nice paying event (81k for 1st without clean race bonus)

But I guess it is only available for one week and with next set of challenges it will be replaced with another special event.

Had the most fun since release with this new update

Funny, how a snow track and new licenses can invoke so much nostalgia. Whoever curated these is a genius and knows their racing history: scandi flicking a 22B WRX into that huge snowy bank at Lake Louise, NSX R at Suzuka, Porsche 956 through Bellhoff S's and throwback to GT4 in the SLR at Nordschleife, just to name the ones that stood out to me.

Imo, Snow rallye, weeklies, QoL updates and a few staple cars make this game feel a lot more complete and Gran Turismoish. 9.9/10

Last edited:
You can play it as many times as you want and it is pretty nice paying event (81k for 1st without clean race bonus)

But I guess it is only available for one week and with next set of challenges it will be replaced with another special event.
Ok nice! I'll replay the GT3 event this afternoon!

Chiron swapped Corvette goes 342 mph, I wouldn't be surprised with a long enough line of cars and nitro that it can get over 400 mph.

Dunno if mine is glitched out or that the chiron swap is too much motor for this vette, as when I slam on the brakes going into a turn, the car violently pulls to the left.:scared: Once that happens you're just a passenger because trying to steer it the other way to avoid slamming into a wall is futile. I should add that it seems to trigger when the vehicle is travelling about 270-300km/h(167-186mph). :lol:
It's like as if the car is cursed once you shoehorn that behemoth of a motor into the vette's engine bay.:crazy:

Not as much content as I was expecting, but I'm taking it.
I think the same. Cafe ticket format is not the best way for good events. It would be great to get 5-7 champs with Sophy and hard fights. I don't understand why I have so many battles on 5 out of 8 levels of difficulty in Forza Motorsport, but I can't get such interesting events in GT7. I have never fought for position for 2-3 laps like in Forza Motorsport. It's something wrong with GT7 ballance. I have two ways to win in GT7: easy win or any change to win. Maybe GT7 needs to add more difficulty settings or a settings system. I spent more than 500 hours in the GT7, but I still feel that it doesn't use all its potential.

Sophy is good Ai, but it would be great to have opportunity to choose amount of laps, cos 2-3 laps is not enough for good fight. I would like 5 laps at least.
And it seems like Sophy can't ride in rain races, that's why it can't be used in Custom races.
That’s a poor excuse. Why not simply exclude wet weather from the custom race menu when choosing Sophy AI then? I guess nothing is simple in PD’s world.

Hmm, was looking forward to the Sophy update but a little disappointed. It is so much better than the old AI just wished it replaced it everywhere. First trying the Sophy and actually having a little fun against the AI to doing the weekly challenges with the regular AI was a bit of a chock as I had forgotten just how appalling the ordinary AI is. I want to have something like this weeks daily race C with Sophy with track limits and penalties.

Weekly Challenges:

Just completed those. These will defenitely keep me coming back every week!

1. Mix between existing and 1 "special" event. I really hope they further improve those special events. More credits, more difficult race, maybe a race against sophy...

I think us PS4 plebs might be holding that idea back for you unfortunately. Sorry! I will upgrade sooner or later I’m sure. I do want to try Sophy out. It seems there are a few kinks to iron out from what i’ve read so far, which hopefully will be done once i take the plunge.

Last edited:
Hmm, was looking forward to the Sophy update but a little disappointed. It is so much better than the old AI just wished it replaced it everywhere.
Do you think if we have it on 9 tracks so far that it might be added on more tracks in next coming updates?

Talking about simple, there is nothing simple about getting Sophy up and running those 9 tracks.
What you are asking for is an endless combinations of AI training, nearly impossible unless you have endless resources..

It took them 18+ months to get it to where it is now.
What I’m asking for is simply to be able to choose grid starts, number of opponents and number of laps on those 9 tracks. How is that nearly impossible without endless recourses?

I had a great time last night trying out the new bits (all in VR). Of a surprising highlight was the pick up truck race on Lake Louise, the handling is actually a lot better than I expected, and feels much better than the dirt.

I tried the 4 chilli race at Bathurst, is this the first time there's been BoP in a single player race? It was a great race anyway, AI was competitive, was only making up about 1 position per lap, was up to 3rd on lap 6 when the 2 cars in front pitted. I thought my hards would last another lap, exited turn one and thought to myself "oh no, is fuel usage on?"

Sure enough, it was, and I ran out... A real shame as it had been a really good hard fought race and at my favourite track, so I'm looking forward to doing that again!

And then, some Sophy races. I took my showroom fresh 400R to Grand Valley and finished 2nd a couple of times, I just didn't quite have the legs on the NSX on the straight. Was a lot of fun though.

And then the highlight for me, I took my "fresh green" LFA to Deep Forest to race Sophy again. First 2 attempts I came second to the Ford GT, again, not quite having the legs for the long straights, but what a difference over the normal AI and the lack of rubber banding makes such a difference to how genuine the racing feels.

I was loving the LFA, the noise is a delight and the little shift beepers are great, so I went for a 3rd try (just hitting 'Retry' at the end of the race) and to my surprise, the RCR Civic in front of me on the grid was suddenly an XJ220... The grid had completely changed! Never seen this happen before, and it was a pleasant surprise to be racing a fresh grid of cars all with different characteristics that weren't ruined by rubber banding.

Another 2 second place finishes, this time behind a C6 Corvette ZR1. The 5th and final race I'd managed to catch the front 3 cars earlier, and found myself in 2nd place exiting the first hairpin, the chase was on! I managed to gain in the sweeping turns 2 - 5, kept with the ZR1 through 6 - 8 and took a risky dive up in the inside into the hard left turn 9 before the back straight. The ZR1 left me space, and in fact ran wide and cut back underneath me for a better exit, and although I was in front exiting the corner, was (understandably) out dragged up the hill by the more powerful ZR1.

It all came down to the final hairpin, tucked into the slipstream the LFA was a touch later and harder on the brakes, the ZR1 going defensive up the middle of the track and running me to the outside. I cut back underneath (unfortunately with the lightest tap on the rear of the ZR1 so not a perfect move!) and got the best exit I could, the ZR1 was all over me for the sweeping 15-18 but naturally there's nowhere to overtake until the final straight...

Onto the finish straight the ZR1 pulls to the left as I keep the LFA pinned, I look to my left and see him pulling alongside, it's going to be close...!

Finish..... 1st!! What a great race, and to be honest I'd have been just as happy coming 2nd as it feels genuine, and not that the AI's speed is just artifically fudged to match however you're driving. Ended up winning by 0.010, which I think is my tightest winning margin ever, and in a suitably balanced car. Brilliant!

Really looking forward to some more battles with Sophy, the fact that the grids change to match your vehicle is also really nice, keeps it feeling like an actual race instead of participating in a procession.

Attachments

• SHARE_20231103_1040370.jpeg
    SHARE_20231103_1040370.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 9
The small things in this update have made a big difference. It's not perfect but the event directory, weekly events, increased custom race payouts and dashboard make the SP feel much more complete and holistic.
Now if we can get the ability to change liveries for all the cars while setting up the custom race and for the tires to stop defaulting to the originals, custom races will nearly be perfect.

Back