Gran Turismo 7 Spec II Revealed: Upgraded GT Sophy AI, New Snow Track, New Cars, and More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,041 comments
I imagine this is more of a case of them just needing to give the AI more time to learn more tracks and cars. If they are using AI learning like stuff I've seen, then it literally has to run a course thousands or 10s of thousands of time etc etc, maybe even per car, for it to learn. This could just mean in the amount of time that has passed since they kinda got Sophy mostly working, its been able to learn this much.

Perhaps in upcoming updates, maybe every month or a 6 or 12 month update, they'll add additional tracks/cars or all of them.

The real question is whether they are able to actually implement Sophy with the standard "career"/single player events with GT7 or is that something so deeply complicated in the game code that it'll have to wait until GT8 and be designed/coded from the start for it.
They won't. Why even thinking or hoping about that?
Doesn't this update already confirms about how they're implementing Sophy as final? Just as in small part of the game like those challenges.

Update looks good, lots of great cars to drive and many ideas for events and liverys, but as a PS4 player I wouldn't call it a big update, a weak track, I was counting on something more known, such as Hockeheim with the earlier legendary loop plus the current longer and shorter version,

I am wondering if PD added a full day and night change to the remaining tracks and I'm talking about tracks such as Monza, Barcelona or Red Bull Ring.

Whit this update PD has returned to rally, I wonder when KAZ will come up with the idea to create its own rally whit normal rally stage, that would be something.
Im glad you brought up the the Day and Night change cause last months update gave all the tracks a weather radar but it is also in non-rain tracks as well. Not sure if they will add day and night to every track but if they add rain to every track that is a BIG advantage!!!!!

As for the track im happy to see a snow track is finally added to GT7. GTSport had Dirt/Snow tires so i expected a snow track at some point. From file leaks Montreal is on the list of tracks and i would believe Hungaroring would also be in that roster since it was in the GT movie.

Give it time cause Poly Put themselves in a position to expand on this content. Lets see what Dec and Jan updates will poop out!

The Economy seems to be giving a boost as well, i wouldn't hold my breath for free millions though, on the other hand, i am at a place now where the last cars i could "grind" for would be the Unicorns since everything else has made it into my garage. And most that have played the game since it launched is likely to be in the same place.

The inclusions of stuff to do, well, that is what everyone else wanted, 50 new license tests is just that, CONTENT.
The arcade races aren't in the game anymore, they are replaced with Sophy, and from the looks of it , it's up to you if you want those races to be easy or hard.

We got everything we asked for and more.
you (not we) may have got everything you asked for sir, but a lot of people got a lot less than they asked for (which is strange because the less (economy and races) would have been a lot more lol. i.e. more content for less developer effort. Once again, looks like Kaz/PD have kicked an own goal... putting a huge amount of effort into things that will not make the core experience better long term..

A
Grand Valley, Le Mans, Road Atlanta, and Tsukuba are shown in the trailer.

My guess maybe Trial Mountain will be in there too since it was in the Race together event from march.

Be cool to see the Nürburgring but that might be a stretch for right now!

Add Suzuka to the speculated list too, then!

Doesn't this update already confirms about how they're implementing Sophy as final? Just as in small part of the game like those challenges.
Sophy AI needs to learn more to be implemented fully. if you played the Race Together event in the March Update they were REALLY REALLY AGRESSIVE. and especially the fact at you were driving OP cars to beat them. if they are added to 9 tracks and is working with 95% of all the cars that's a massive upgrade.

Until we try it my guess it has learned to be more clean and race equally. then it will move on to other tracks and maybe be used in events. Im still thinking it will be used for endurance events and B-spec mode!

you (not we) may have got everything you asked for sir, but a lot of people got a lot less than they asked for (which is strange because the less (economy and races) would have been a lot more lol. i.e. more content for less developer effort. Once again, looks like Kaz/PD have kicked an own goal... putting a huge amount of effort into things that will not make the core experience better long term..
Not sure you can call it an own goal when you're in the minority in your disappointment. Bear in mind that we don't have the full patch notes yet either, I believe details on new events and increased payouts are usually in there, so you never know. :)

To keep it real I remember how stressful S-10 license was to gold for me… I don’t even wanna know!😭
I found the GT7 license tests to be the easiest of all the GT editions. I (and my best mate) actually thought that the mission events were like the old license tests iin terms of difficulty, that mission where you raced the Grp C silk cut jag on the drying spa circuit was right up there with any of the hardest GT licenses in the games history - that one made us work! :)

I curious about the physics of the actual snow. Are we going to get actual snow spray or just thicker white "smoke"?

i1f0qgswrjr6k8e-jpg.1299621

Can't help but notice it says Championships 10/10.
Were there always 10 championships?

These statements crack me up… I remember when GT7 first dropped and we heard about Sophy. There where some people as yourself making huge claims how PD couldn’t implement Sophy in GT7, and how we wouldn’t even see Sophy if we were lucky until GT8… Then came that little Sophy demo and those folks got real quiet..

Now we are here today with a better implementation of Sophy from what I read. Please explain how do you know what PD can do with Sophy for they have proven many people wrong already who said otherwise?

Not sure you can call it an own goal when you're in the minority in your disappointment. Bear in mind that we don't have the full patch notes yet either, I believe details on new events and increased payouts are usually in there, so you never know. :)
i doubt i'm in the minority.. disappointment will grow throughout the week as customers realise they've been gamed, again! BUT, I did say I will reserve judgment until we get the update... as you say, you never know - they may have given us multiple new ways to earn easier money so that the majority of the GT community isn't forced into grinding 3 tracks to make worthwhile credits - that would provide some redemption. Fingers crossed

Very very strong update. I'm really impressed! This is far more than I could think of.
Only downside for me is the new track. Looks beautiful but GT7 doesn't have good physics for dust races, so I don't think it will be better on snow/ice.

Kaz and PD really cooked. This is massive.

Thank you, PD and Kaz! :cheers::gtpflag:

A full lap around Nurburgring 24hr in torrential rain with the Sauber C9. That will be fun :guilty:
PD got me again lol! Time to stress but it will be extremely fun for me and my friends to compare times with new trials!

i doubt i'm in the minority.. disappointment will grow throughout the week as customers realise they've been gamed, again! BUT, I did say I will reserve judgment until we get the update... as you say, you never know - they may have given us multiple new ways to earn easier money so that the majority of the GT community isn't forced into grinding 3 tracks to make worthwhile credits - that would provide some redemption. Fingers crossed
Perhaps the weekly challenges will have some nice payouts too? And the Sophy races may be ok in terms of payouts. It's really too early to know for sure!

from now on no one can complain about gt7, for mr. Kazunori san has delivered us an excellent meal, the sushi chef Kazunori, he has given us the spec ii special to go

would you like a Gt Sophy 2.0 to go with that? Yes, and for dessert you will get a snow track with ice, yum :dopey:
1698853607406.png

Last edited:
Very very strong update. I'm really impressed! This is far more than I could think of.
Only downside for me is the new track. Looks beautiful but GT7 doesn't have good physics for dust races, so I don't think it will be better on snow/ice.

Kaz and PD really cooked. This is massive.

Thank you, PD and Kaz! :cheers::gtpflag:
wont know till you try it!

Back