Gran Turismo 7 Spec II Revealed: Upgraded GT Sophy AI, New Snow Track, New Cars, and More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,041 comments
A snow circuit šŸ˜–šŸ¤¬
What's not to like? It'll be a great throwback to 1998 Sega Rally. At first round 3 was insurmountable, but once one mastered the snow course finishing it became very satisfying. Repeating this made it even become easy, thus putting the player in a position to finish the final round in first place.
I never felt that Gran Turismo quite got the rally events right. This feeling may change!

BTW, this might be a good chance to reboot GT7 with the release of updated artwork on the retail disc packaging.

Last edited:
Great writeup in the news section. Can't wait for this update to drop. Weekly events is something I've been waiting on since GT6 servers shut down <3

400R is without a doubt one of the GT series poster cars and the LFA and E190 are just icing on top :)

Snow track might be an odd choice to some, but to me it brings back GT4 nostalgia and fond memories of endlessly drifting 90s jdm 4WD machines. Hopefully this brings an update to the rallye physics to make it more enjoyable.

Great stuff.

Okay. This is awesome. Track is disappointing, but it's still a great update.

Only thing missing now is B-spec Sophy grinding credit for us. And some more tracks.

Wow this is pretty cool. Im particularly excited for the paddock, think its a pretty cool idea to showcase liveries and wonder what else you can do there apart from chatting with players. The snow track is pretty awesome reminds me of the ICE in St. Moritz

Update looks good but I've got visitor this weekend so will have to wait to play it.
The weekly events will at least finally give us a reason to replay some low paying races, with the Roulette tickets to grab.

Now, for the biggest question...
Do we know if other issues have been addressed? šŸ¤” ;)

Ha! I also have a 9-3 Aero (2006, manual) and as soon as I get delivery of the final set of parts (reinforced sleeves) I will assemble the engine (which I fully-rebuilt in semi-race spec myself over the past year, along with drivetrain and an endless list of other parts) and enjoy my real-life 550 whp (approx) Griffin once again :)

View attachment 1299660
Holy crap nice one! I'm considering rebuilding the engine as well, could you send me a PM with what parts you used and from where? I'm at roughly 280whp right now with a 19T and 550cc Bosch Injectors, but since it's burning oil like mad I need to open it up, so might as well push it :)

Can anyone explain the new "Event directory" function? Seems like a waste of resources as personally i already completed all the events in the game.

Wait, I'm a little confused, we can use Sophy for the 'career mode' championship races too, or just the arcade mode races for now?

Jerome

Completely awesome to see a new rally circuit get added to GT7. I honestly thought this was a feature that wouldn't be expanded on. As a rally/off-road fan it's cool to see this type of event get expanded within the game, as it now makes rally more similar to the quantity of prev games from GT history. It even has a night mode, so that's cool to see too.

All the proposed features/content will expand the game in a nice way for the user base. This is a cool early Christmas present.

Wait, I'm a little confused, we can use Sophy for the 'career mode' championship races too, or just the arcade mode races for now?

Jerome
I believe itā€™s just Quick Races (the new name for Arcade Mode) for now.
The ambulance on ice!!

Count me in! Haha. I hope we can use the ambulance, should be able to given itā€™s a road car and most can use Dirt/Snow tyres (I would imagine, in the case of snow, that the availability would be the same or similar to dirt courses).

Last edited:
Can anyone explain the new "Event directory" function? Seems like a waste of resources as personally i already completed all the events in the game.
It's just another way of displaying the events, the old GT way, by category, so you don't have to go to each track manually.

Jerome
Arcade only.

R3V

Only thing missing now is B-spec Sophy grinding credit for us. And some more tracks.
Dunno about y'all but that snow track looks cool. Looks like it has a night racing feature for it. Can't wait to race it at night in VR

What's not to like? It'll be a great throwback to 1998 Sega Rally. At first round 3 was insurmountable, but once one mastered the snow course finishing it became very satisfying. Repeating this made it even become easy, thus putting the player in a position to finish the final round in first place.
I never felt that Gran Turismo quite got the rally events right. This feeling may change!

BTW, this might be a good chance to reboot GT7 with the release of updated artwork on the retail disc packaging.

Yea people seem to be saying that EA WRC seems to be underwhelming for console, PD might have an in if they include more rally events/ stages

Last edited:
Ah okay, gotcha, thx guys!

Jerome

I'm a little put off by the "Spec II" moniker, largely because well...where are the new career mode races? GT Sport still has a better, more classic-looking career mode.

Having said that, I'm currently reinstalling the game now and can't wait to take this for a spin. I hope there's a reason to keep this installed longer than a few days.

file-Plilu7CpRZDopbuARsFPrwMG.jpg
Finally get this baby out of box to play.

I'm disappointed in the new track but I'm going to look at it this way...

I just got 9 new tracks because of the Sophy implementation. There are tracks I've barely touched because the racing was pointless and not worth my time. With Sophy and it's improved competitiveness, I'll be inclined to race/learn tracks I've barely touched.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some undocumented PSVR2 advances.

Last edited:
I'm a little put off by the "Spec II" moniker, largely because well...where are the new career mode races? GT Sport still has a better, more classic-looking career mode.
Tbh, I don't understand the want for a career mode. How would it differ from Championships? I would think your progess through the game IS the career mode. I played GTS, I dont remember there being a big difference.

I'm disappointed in the new track but I'm going to look at it this way...

I just got 29 new tracks because of the Sophy implementation. There are tracks I've barely touched because the racing was pointless and not worth my time. With Sophy and it's improved competitiveness, I'll be inclined to race/learn tracks I've barely touched.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some undocumented PSVR2 advances.
Sophy is only available on 9 tracks initially Iā€™m afraid!

Digging the Pddocks as well.
View attachment 1299609
Similar to when automodelista had its online rooms. This is what I felt Cafe should be.
I think this is only in ā€œmeeting placesā€, which no one uses sadly. Itā€™s looks awesome though and they should definitely integrate it into Sport Mode and Lobbies.

Lots of cool things in this update, so itā€™s hard for me to complain; however as someone who usually races online, it feels like multiplayer was mostly left untouched. Still optimistic weā€™ll get another Christmas update with a race car and new circuit. Regardless, Iā€™ll enjoy experimenting with the Spec II stuff for now.

Last edited:
It's just another way of displaying the events, the old GT way, by category, so you don't have to go to each track manually.

Arcade only.
Thanks. I thought it was going to be something like that. One of the lesser needed functions IMO.

R3V

Yeah, and the addition of championships and some QoL in lobbies needed (but the last ones could be sorted with this update, so we'll have to wait for patch notes first)

Quick race only. No career, no custom race. I'm personally really disappointed with this, but who knows, maybe in the future...
It should be the next logical step, but yes, who knows :/

I'm still not put off by this because the update was packed with a lot of great stuff but it's true that the PS5-only features are not impressive enough YET (maybe some update to VR2 in patch notes?) to make me insta-upgrade.

Back