Gran Turismo 7 Spec II Revealed: Upgraded GT Sophy AI, New Snow Track, New Cars, and More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,041 comments
Hope they fix Sport Mode. Update looks very well-thought out but 95% of my time is online racing so hoping lobbies (fix penalties, proper match-making, longer, more varied and sensible races and less time in-between them) is what I am hoping for the most... Oh, and the LFA being added has me smiling so much :) If they add Saab next update I will send Kaz a nice xmas card this year, sealed with a kiss! :D

Last edited:
This list is loooong

It almost feels as if they were sandbaggin, waiting for Forza
Definitely. GT7 is the best PSVR2 experience, with this new update they're definitely planning to sell a lot of PS5s and PSVR2s this Holiday season. Really hope we see some PSVR2 QOL improvements for GT7 tomorrow.

Hope they fix Sport Mode. Update looks very well-thought out but 95% of my time is online racing so hoping lobbies (fix penalties, proper match-making, longer, more varied and sensible races and less time in-between them) is what I am hoping for the most... Oh, and the LFA being added has me smiling so much :) If they add Saab next update I will send Kaz a nice xmas card this year, sealed with a kiss! :D
If they add Saab I'll stop driving both my 9-3 Aero and 9-5 NG 2.0T as driving in GT7 is free of petrol costs! 🤣

I will reserve judgement until we see what they have done with the economy.... but I am concerned, PD are great at makiing the absurd a reality, like tying payouts to circuit experience and collector level when our collector level has been capped at 50 since the first week of playing the game! Introduction of sophy is for arcade races only but in game races we are still left with lame AI. The biggest wierdest OF ALL is 50 more Master Licenses... WHYYYYYYYYY!!!??! I have always gone all gold in all licenses in every GT game since PS1 days, but it meant something because you won very cool cars (like a 400R and TRD3000) and the in game race events were tied to your license level, but GT7 does not use the liceneses for anything!!!! I golded them for the prize cars but that is it. Why add another 50 license tests when they already don't use the first 50! These guys are morons... this is so lazy, rather than give us the racing events we asked for, they just throw us another bunch of licenses that will have no money attached and maybe one off prizes (cars). I see a lot of tinsel and window dressing but still looking for the meat and potatoes.

maybe this update is EA WRC RELATED NOT FORZA 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I DONT MIND..BUT I JUST DONT GET IT? THE CARS
MAYBE LOEB PEUGEOT, AND GROUP B DATAMINED CARS WOULD BE MORE APROPRIATE..🤣🤣
who would understand PD
You make a valid point, but you couldn't present it more irritatingly if you tried.

Quick race only. No career, no custom race. I'm personally really disappointed with this, but who knows, maybe in the future...
From the article:

“GT Sophy, which continues to evolve daily through our partnership with Sony AI, is a key element in keeping Gran Turismo exciting beyond its 25-year history. We are very satisfied with this achievement and am looking forward to seeing GT Sophy evolve even further in the future.”"

Likely this is just the first stage. :)

I wonder if the new Licenses will affect trophies?
I doubt they'll affect the current set, including what is required to get the platinum. If they become a trophy, it will be an extra one.
I wonder if snow tires are going to be a thing from the shop? It would be cool to take the 22B or Evo X on that track with some proper snows!
I can't remember whether I read it on the gran-turismo or Playstation blog, but snow tires from the shop will be a thing. I expect most of the cars that can take dirt tires will also have snow tires available to purchase, which includes the 22B and Evo X.

As for the increased payouts for Arcade/Quick Races, if the screenshot that's part of the hype is a guide, that appears to be less than meets the eye. The screenshot used Grand Valley and the Ford GT LM Race Car (which has the same PP as the stock version on the stock RH tires), has an advertised 220% bonus (for a Collector Level of 37 and an unknown Circuit Experience level), and a maximum reward (not counting CRB) of 26,300 Cr. with Sophy available. The current Arcade payouts (not counting CRB) for winning a 3-lap race with said Ford are 3,672 Cr. for beginner, 4,506 Cr. for Intermediate and 8,129 Cr. for Professional, which I could probably do in just under 6 minutes (based on my Gr.4 performance there).

That leaves a few questions that can't be answered until tomorrow:
  • Does that 26,300 Cr. include the 220% bonus? If so, that suggests a base of just under 12,000 Cr. for beating the best version of Sophy.
  • How much of a bonus does having a CL of 50 and an all-gold CE (which I have at every current track) give?
  • Related, is the CE bonus cumulative (i.e., the more tracks you have a gold/bronze CE at, the bigger the bonus at every track) or specific to a track (i.e., if you have gold at that track, you get a bonus at just that track)?

I will reserve judgement until we see what they have done with the economy.... but I am concerned, PD are great at makiing the absurd a reality, like tying payouts to circuit experience and collector level when our collector level has been capped at 50 since the first week of playing the game! Introduction of sophy is for arcade races only but in game races we are still left with lame AI. The biggest wierdest OF ALL is 50 more Master Licenses... WHYYYYYYYYY!!!??! I have always gone all gold in all licenses in every GT game since PS1 days, but it meant something because you won very cool cars (like a 400R and TRD3000) and the in game race events were tied to your license level, but GT7 does not use the liceneses for anything!!!! I golded them for the prize cars but that is it. Why add another 50 license tests when they already don't use the first 50! These guys are morons... this is so lazy, rather than give us the racing events we asked for, they just throw us another bunch of licenses that will have no money attached and maybe one off prizes (cars). I see a lot of tinsel and window dressing but still looking for the meat and potatoes.
To be fair Sophy AI is still in active development. The fact now we can race 9 tracks with 95% of all the cars is pretty impressive so there are a lot of possibilities this will be moved to custom races, Or even better be made into events.
I think with this Spec II update is really to grab a new audience to the table. This isn't the first time PD has done this (GT5P, GT5, GT Sport) more then likely they will release a Spec II edition of GT7 which might explain the new license event.

All in all im excited to see decent cars, A new snow track (ive been waiting for snow tracks for a while) its a good start in the right direction. I am hopeful that with every update we will get extension of Sophy, Maybe more cars, and events.

I know alot of people have lost faith but its better than 3 cars and nothing new to the table!

i1B6X1MwuZOGCb.jpg

interesting choice from PD. This 400R only appeared in Gran Turismo 2, the famous Preceiding Model (prototype)

Quick race only. No career, no custom race. I'm personally really disappointed with this, but who knows, maybe in the future...
Lets be honest here Sophy is DIRTY!!! And who knows how they will be in quick race.

My honest prediction is that Sophy will not only be a replacement for the opponents but could possibly be the start of SPEC-B mode. which honestly explains why there isn't any LONG endurance races yet like 24hrs of le mans.

Idk why people are just throwing their hands up like everything is the end-all be-all. They've been doing it since launch. GT has a LOT of life left.
Right at this rate i wouldn't be surprised if GT7 Will span the lifespan of the PS5

The Economy seems to be giving a boost as well, i wouldn't hold my breath for free millions though, on the other hand, i am at a place now where the last cars i could "grind" for would be the Unicorns since everything else has made it into my garage. And most that have played the game since it launched is likely to be in the same place.

The inclusions of stuff to do, well, that is what everyone else wanted, 50 new license tests is just that, CONTENT.
The arcade races aren't in the game anymore, they are replaced with Sophy, and from the looks of it , it's up to you if you want those races to be easy or hard.

We got everything we asked for and more.
I understand some people are not happy but everyone has these insane expectations for like every game now.
Its like people complain there aren't a lot of cars that get release when it takes 3-6 months to make one car and you look at how ****** the models for the new Forza is. There are times i say that people who complain about impossible expectations need to just be ignored and they will tire themselves out lol

Update looks good, lots of great cars to drive and many ideas for events and liverys, but as a PS4 player I wouldn't call it a big update, a weak track, I was counting on something more known, such as Hockeheim with the earlier legendary loop plus the current longer and shorter version,

I am wondering if PD added a full day and night change to the remaining tracks and I'm talking about tracks such as Monza, Barcelona or Red Bull Ring.

Whit this update PD has returned to rally, I wonder when KAZ will come up with the idea to create its own rally whit normal rally stage, that would be something.

Back