Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
Just to remind people, PD made this game "online only" because of cheats.

This... horrendous (for lack of a better word) patch is a prime example of why they want it to be online only. Because if it weren't, I or many other people who knew about the update before hand, would just play the game offline and not get this patch for us to earn more credits to buy our cars.
With online only, you are forced to get the patch and are stuck like everyone else grinding the same race for hundreds of hours to buy a dozen cars.

And thus, a lot of us players due to lack of time/boredome, whatever you call it, will be forced to use MTs. Not me though.

Genius PD, just genius.

Never again will I buy one of your games at launch or probably ever if they continue with this MTs policy and get even worse, which appears to be the case in just 2 weeks of the game's release.

Last edited:
This refunding backlash is tip of the iceberg, but nothing compared to when PD announce Sochi as this month's track DLC with Lada's entire car range being made available for us to savour also... who are to refuse? Don't worry you can use MTX's towards the 20m credits required for a baby poop beige Lada
View attachment 1125527

I want Sochi only if it rains at the end of the race as I’m leading in my McLaren.

Last edited:
Go the police and make official law complaint.

Maybe will not bring you back the money, but at least they have to investigate and maybe contact sony.

14-day-period counts from day of delivery.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1647544843314.png

It's not that I care about the outage that's currently happening, I'm more than willing to wait for them to get things right.

I don't hate having to progress through the game to get stuff either, I found Forza Horizon 5 boring later on because it was too easy to get stuff. What pisses me off is the increasingly obvious push towards microtransactions and it's simply making the rest of the game less enjoyable, and in that case, I'd rather move to something like Assetto Corsa and save myself money in the long run lol

Servers are already down for 13,5 hours straight for this “online only SINGLEPLAYER game” (which doesn’t even seem newsworthy to the crew here 🤷‍♂️).

I’m sure Kaz feels bad about this, this sure puts a dent in his team’s reputation. Well if he needs some feedback about compensation idea’s for this mess… maybe we can suggest some ideas?

I would suggest that for every hour the server is down past the original maintenance window, in honour and loving memory of Fisherman’s ranch we should get compensated with 1.7 mill credits per hour? Doing some quick math means that they should maybe first increase that absolutely ridiculous credit cap.

If it's on PSN, I have bad news for you.

If you simply download the game, it already makes impossible to get a refund (unless the game is completely broken, like Cyberpunk at launch)

Yep. I had a petition running a few years ago because of this unfair section of consumer rights raised it's head with the scam-worthy PC2 release (how can you know if a product is suitable and fully working within, iirc, a 2 hour time period, when it takes more than 2 hours to download the game, let alone test it).

Totally unfair. It's old commercial legislation to protect against piracy (download, request refund, distribute/keep yourself), but piracy is near impossible now. It overrides the 14 day Consumer Contracts Regulations.

If people had signed it, devs and publishes would be forced to make sure products are of saleable quality at release, just like ALL other manufacturers.

I saw this coming.

Not enough signed it. So how you are feeling this pain again? And you will again and again until the piracy protectionism publishers have been hiding their lazy and greedy quality assurance behind, is updated to represent fair trade.

So long there are "buyers" they will decrease in game cr.
You just have to wonder how many people are actually giving them money? I doubt anyone on this forum is, which makes me wonder if it isn’t the people who just bought the game because it’s new and cool and they saw it on Twitch or whatever. If so, I highly doubt they’ll still be playing in a few months. There just isn’t enough here for non-car/racing nerds.

You just have to wonder how many people are actually giving them money? I doubt anyone on this forum is, which makes me wonder if it isn’t the people who just bought the game because it’s new and cool and they saw it on Twitch or whatever. If so, I highly doubt they’ll still be playing in a few months. There just isn’t enough here for non-car/racing nerds.
There are an awful lot of spoiled brats with deep pockets ... unfortunately

Može

Yes it is! Game pass ultra is just 1£ for a month, and there are plenty of games there.
200 or so. The biggest draw to Game Pass for
me was day 1 first party titles. If PS now or the rumoured GPU rival comes to fruition, Sony may claw back some ground here.

Game wise, Game Pass has around 200 games month to month, PS Now has 800. Granted PS now is a subscription on top of PS plus but they can certainly rectify that and it becomes the bigger service without even trying.

If you did need skill i would agree. But you do not. I don't no whether you have a self inflated view of your own skills, but this game is easy for everyone. I have 40 hours, completed all the campaign and golded all the licenses. Its easy, and on purpose for the masses. You can get any car and finish miles ahead of anything on that race. After you complete the campaign, tgere is no other way to get money bar doing every race over and over. This is why they have nerfed the winning credits. It has NOTHING to do with skill, sony clearly dont have enough people purchasing microtransactions. This is not game balancing, its microtransaction balancing, and if you think any differently your either a silly fanboy, or deluded.
I've spent more than 71 days in total driving in GTS over the last few years and earned more than 277 million credits whilst doing so. I don't mind the grind, I love it to save for weeks or months to buy those final multi-million cars and I've got them all!
There was a car handicap in GTS though, I could do Lago (+55x) with a N200 car against the AI with N1000 cars for ten laps and receive 405k for a clean win and it improved my skills! Even though the AI was a bit sucky, they drove much faster cars and keeping pace was really important to win. It was the complete opposite from how I played GT since their first release on ps1. I love GT Sport for it.
Now PD has taken every challenge out of it and replaced it with the micro-transaction stuff, the game doesn't care if your PP is only 1/3th the size of the AI's PP and even the clean race bonus is not consistent for me.
In GTS I did buy some of the cars with money I had left on my PSN wallet, I did it with pleasure because I rather saved my credits for the expensive cars you couldn't buy with money plus it was my own choice for supporting PD supporting the game with updates. Now it is a game of you pay or do the boring grind.

You have to remember that most players have a limited amount of time to play games, especially when they have other obligations like family or real work. Hardcore gamers who play for several hours on a daily basis will always complain about unlocking all of the content too fast and that won't change no matter how you'll balance the game (well unless you go to absolute extremes). With changes like the ones from this patch you either start treating GT7 as your second job or don't unlock the majority of the cars the game has to offer, because GT7 doesn't offer any ways of earning enough credits within a reasonable time period.
I agree that it was a poor move on PDs part for sure, I was morso trying to point out why they probably did it. The current campaign mode is pitifully short compared to previous entries (hell even sport had far more races midway through its life) and beyond that the main objective of the game is car collection. The problem is it’s hard to make getting a lambo, a car that should feel expensive, somewhat challenging while also balancing 12 million plus dollar cars. I think they’ve gone far to extreme in making money scarce but at the same time I think it goes beyond just making money harder so you spend it on microtransactions

Exactly, where I worked, we'd have to cancel and roll back if the time parameters weren't met and another authorized outage would have to be scheduled. When you own your own servers though...you can do what you want. To be honest, I would rather have them take the time to get the game fixed correctly than have it buggy and constantly work on it.
We shouldn't be banned from playing the game while they fix it, the whole setup is a bit sour.

Servers are already down for 13,5 hours straight for this “online only SINGLEPLAYER game” (which doesn’t even seem newsworthy to the crew here 🤷‍♂️).
I'll be honest I'm a big fan of this site but the lack of news article about this colossal mess of an update and nerfing of in game rewards does not sit well with me. At this point we are approaching 12 hours since the patch should have finished...

I actually did buy 1 MTX at launch just to show my support for the game and to keep content coming. I loved playing it and was having a blast. How was my support rewarded? By them literally breaking the game and it feeling more like GT7 prologue.
Such a severe punch in the gut it makes me want to cry. I actually enjoy playing GT7 even with its faults. But this episode here is just criminal.
I’m not selling my stock though, I’m hoooooooooollllllding. Because I know many of the recent great racing games started out 💩 and became great with time. GT5 and Driveclub come to mind.

Wait, it doesn't have the ability to save game data on an exterior drive? Hadn't had a need to do it in a while so I've never looked into it on PS5, but there was definitely a way to do it on PS4. It was under settings in something like "application data management". I'll have to look for something similar on PS5 when I get home.
Not saying that I doubt your claim, it just seems so absurd that they would leave such a vital feature out of the new OS as I can't see any good reason to prohibit it. To prevent save scumming in XCOM or Souls games?! lol. Don't even see how it would benefit them monetarily...

I bought a PS5 specifically for this game, and if THIS is what we're going to get from Sony and PD, I don't see a reason to even own the console. Really might just sell the stupid thing and buy a Switch, or put it towards another gun or guitar I don't need, lol. Still have a PS4 pro should GT7 ever reach its potential and most other games I play on PC anyway.
You need a Plus-subscription if you want to backup your saves on a ps5 for ps5 games, it still works for ps4 games on ps5, so it's not impossible to do so, they just want you to pay for the 'service' to backup your progress...

yeah, but it was a nice vibe in GTS online mode meeting in the "parking lot" with other players, do the track days where you were just driving around with no pressure on the lap times.

That's where I (and my friends) spent most of my time in GT Sport because I don't have much time for racing nowadays...

And the tourist version is availabile in time trial mode, so why it's not visible in the online then??
I once went into a Touristenfahrten lobby with the Samba Bus. It ended with literally everyone in the lobby following me up to the Hohe Acht at about 30kph with an M4 safety car and blinking lights at the end of the procession. So yes, I can confirm, nice vibe in those lobbies 😏.

I'll be honest I'm a big fan of this site but the lack of news article about this colossal mess of an update and nerfing of in game rewards does not sit well with me. At this point we are approaching 12 hours since the patch should have finished...
The first paragraph in the 1.07 article states that there is an issue. I’m sure if @Famine et al knew more than what we already know they would have written a separate article by now, and they probably will if more information becomes available

Man what makes this worse for me was I had no idea an update was coming last night. I had just used the Fisherman's Ranch race to buy a few more Gr.3 cars, put my personal liveries on them, and had a pretty decent custom race with my garage cars. The AI was alright on professional and I had fun doing a little Endurance race.

Then I went to bed without a problem with GT7, then I woke up and this happened.

Well I've already finished GT7's main campaign mode and I was getting a little bored anyways, but this new update has made me not really want to play the game at all anymore. At least if I want to do any racing in GT, Sport is still up and running for now. Looks like AC is getting the bulk of my racing time again.

I actually did buy 1 MTX at launch just to show my support for the game and to keep content coming. I loved playing it and was having a blast. How was my support rewarded? By them literally breaking the game and it feeling more like GT7 prologue.
Such a severe punch in the gut it makes me want to cry. I actually enjoy playing GT7 even with its faults. But this episode here is just criminal.
I’m not selling my stock though, I’m hoooooooooollllllding. Because I know many of the recent great racing games started out 💩 and became great with time. GT5 and Driveclub come to mind.
The problem is that it is already a great racing game that's being held back by some of the most blatant corporate greed I've ever seen in a video game. It's easier to add cars/tracks or update physics, but it'll be a massive challenge to convince Sony to back off with the MT nonsense and to adjust the in-game economy accordingly. My belief is that this is here to stay, sadly.

Latest Posts

Back