Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
I would almost bet that they took it down to adjust race prizes.
They would NEVER do that

dennis weening lol GIF by SBS6

This is the only logical thing they should do. Until they actually do it, well they're just a joke (I'm done being diplomatic with PD)

FODohQbX0AQBUDf

Last edited:
Even if the pd directors don't care about the customer experience, think of all the loss of earnings from potential credit purchased they've lost over the last 13 hours... they won't be happy with that.

I tried refunding and got denied. Apparently the 14-day period includes the pre-order window.

If you bought on release or after you may have a chance by claiming the game is unplayable at this time.

Never pre-ordering again, ever. Thought I could trust PD of all companies to release a quality product.
Go the police and make official law complaint.

Maybe will not bring you back the money, but at least they have to investigate and maybe contact sony.

14-day-period counts from day of delivery.

B80
Pretty poor isn't it. I too work in tech for a global Bank. If something like this happened (durationwise with no rollback available) after significant uat testing, it wouldn't be a good look for the people involved.
Exactly, where I worked, we'd have to cancel and roll back if the time parameters weren't met and another authorized outage would have to be scheduled. When you own your own servers though...you can do what you want. To be honest, I would rather have them take the time to get the game fixed correctly than have it buggy and constantly work on it.

Last edited:
How would I go about refunding the physical 25th anniversary edition of the game? I already redeemed the codes for the bonus IGC and the digital PS4 version (what I play on) that came with it.

I tried so hard to love this game despite all of its painfully obvious issues but this update is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I really should have bought Assetto Corsa on PC lmao

you lot need to get a grip, seriously. just saw someone on twitter saying it's an atrocity - no mate, people getting bombed out of their houses is an atrocity, you having to drive pretend cars around tracks a bit more to get something later rather than EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW is not.

they're fixing a serious bug and the game will be playable again soon. Go and get refunds, god knows no-one's going to miss you morons foaming at the mouth because someone at pd ****ed up a code review and now they have to work overtime to push a new release out
I fail to see what the one thing has to do with the other...
If there is war somewhere I can go out and cheat on my girlfriend and she shouldn't complain 'cause some people have it worse?

Game over for me. I've just requested a full refund within the 14day period. PD needs to have a word with itself.
If it's on PSN, I have bad news for you.

If you simply download the game, it already makes impossible to get a refund (unless the game is completely broken, like Cyberpunk at launch)

the hyperbole is way too much here, as it has been at least since 2010. What a wild bunch are GT fans.

They got hit by a earthquake there, they'll be back, your game won't run away, but you may sell it if the MTX hurts your brain that much...
Ironically you are just supporting one of our many points. Permanent online play has rendered the game useless, so if you want to say the Earthquake has caused this “outage” then thats fine, but it shouldnt have to mean the world cant play the game. Theres no logical reason for this type of setup.
Besides, they have stated its a bug not an earthquake that caused this, why lie? They could have easily blamed the earthquake.

How would I go about refunding the physical 25th anniversary edition of the game? I already redeemed the codes for the bonus IGC and the digital PS4 version (what I play on) that came with it.

I tried so hard to love this game despite all of its painfully obvious issues but this update is the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I really should have bought Assetto Corsa on PC lmao
You can still refund, because obviously the product is not working at the moment.

We all knew that was a terrible idea. In a way this was the greatest thing that could ever happen to highlight why no game should ever do that. And also that the ps5 needs USB backup for game saves.
Wait, it doesn't have the ability to save game data on an exterior drive? Hadn't had a need to do it in a while so I've never looked into it on PS5, but there was definitely a way to do it on PS4. It was under settings in something like "application data management". I'll have to look for something similar on PS5 when I get home.
Not saying that I doubt your claim, it just seems so absurd that they would leave such a vital feature out of the new OS as I can't see any good reason to prohibit it. To prevent save scumming in XCOM or Souls games?! lol. Don't even see how it would benefit them monetarily...

I bought a PS5 specifically for this game, and if THIS is what we're going to get from Sony and PD, I don't see a reason to even own the console. Really might just sell the stupid thing and buy a Switch, or put it towards another gun or guitar I don't need, lol. Still have a PS4 pro should GT7 ever reach its potential and most other games I play on PC anyway.

Just sell the disk. its good for ps5, no?

If anything, it’s a cheap lesson on how inflation works for anyone under the age of 35 😂

Ow yeah, and thinking about it, the push for microtransactions is similar to trickle-down economics. Those who already have money get what they want, while everybody else, well...🤡 (And definitely will appear some "pundits" to say "don't complain about the economy, it's free(🙃) content, so keep grinding even more").

Let's hope that PD doesn't starts charging for racing licence tests like IRL, or making tires and gas consumables too...

I fail to see what the one thing has to do with the other...
If there is war somewhere I can go out and cheat on my girlfriend and she shouldn't complain 'cause some people have it worse?
You will have it worse than anyone else if you cheat on your girl 🤣

Wait, it doesn't have the ability to save game data on an exterior drive? Hadn't had a need to do it in a while so I've never looked into it on PS5, but there was definitely a way to do it on PS4. It was under settings in something like "application data management". I'll have to look for something similar on PS5 when I get home.
Not saying that I doubt your claim, it just seems so absurd that they would leave such a vital feature out of the new OS as I can't see any good reason to prohibit it. To prevent save scumming in XCOM or Souls games?! lol. Don't even see how it would benefit them monetarily...
It hasn't been added on PS5 yet (if it ever will). The only way to backup saves is through PlayStation Plus

This refunding backlash is tip of the iceberg, but nothing compared to when PD announce Sochi as this month's track DLC with Lada's entire car range being made available for us to savour also... who are you to refuse? Don't worry you can use MTX's towards the 20m credits required for a baby poop brown Lada
Car_Lada_russian.jpg

Last edited:
Certainly looks like we are being pushed into MT but I for one will not be tempted, even if it means an hour a week on last championship to get enough money to buy that’s weeks cars and tune them, sure there more game to come from PD

This refunding backlash is tip of the iceberg, but nothing compared to when PD announce Sochi as this month's track DLC with Lada's entire car range being made available for us to savour also... who are to refuse? Don't worry you can use MTX's towards the 20m credits required for a baby poop beige Lada
I would actually spend real world dollars for a Lada in Gran Turismo though.

Latest Posts

Back