Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
You really learn to appreciate when a game needs online checks to be fully operational when you can't play it.

That's strong sarcasm, because it's 🤬 stupid that a primarily single player title needs online checks. If this releases on PC like that leak suggests, there are going to be some changes. The hard way. :lol:
They'll do a mobile gacha version before that . . .

you lot need to get a grip, seriously. just saw someone on twitter saying it's an atrocity - no mate, people getting bombed out of their houses is an atrocity, you having to drive pretend cars around tracks a bit more to get something later rather than EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW is not.

they're fixing a serious bug and the game will be playable again soon. Go and get refunds, god knows no-one's going to miss you morons foaming at the mouth because someone at pd ****ed up a code review and now they have to work overtime to push a new release out
Is this a copy-pasta? I'm not up with the memes these days.

no one is expecting you to pay microtransactions at all, it's completely optional. You can switch the option to buy them off in the menu, as you could with gtsport.
Have you read how many hours game play are needed to buy just 1 of the rarest cars? I actually have a life outside of GT7 thankfully, and wont be trading hundreds of real life hours for a digital car.

Whats your time worth to you?!?

I just applied for a refund for the 25th anniversary download also.. although being Sony PS network I wont hold my breath on getting one.. I will be contacted within 48 hours apparently 🤞

They've purposely done this after the 14 day refund window has expired, absolutely disgusting business practices at play, scumbags.

Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 18.13.37.png

People can and are being very overly-dramatic about this, but the more level-headed complaints are well-founded. Compared to other things going on right now, no, this does not matter in the slightest. But in the context of video games, it is a pretty major misstep to push out a bug-ridden, server-breaking update that cuts the payouts of some races by almost 2/3rds for no readily apparent reason.
I don't disagree, but i'm also willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and see what the next 6-12 months of content brings us.

Aside from the always-online issue - which is a problem in situations like this where they're addressing an urgent issue, there are 100's of games like this now, GT7 isn't an isolated case at all. The problem I have is people are acting like there isn't 40-50 hours of singleplayer content, and that they're expecting to have everything unlockable for them within 5-10 hours. It's some of the worst entitlement i've ever seen for a videogame, completely unhinged.

Last edited:
Breaking News - Sales of ACC on PS store see sudden surge.
Because the SRO GT World Challenge series is seen by millions and millions of viewers across the globe and totally isn't made for gentleman drivers with a few factory teams on the side.

Get a grip, lmao. There's like 30 cars and 8 tracks in the base game. No GT fan is buying that.

My attitude? Ive spent ÂŁ70 on a game that currently doesn't work and the company who made it expects me to pay MTX?

Hence the refund.

Im actively reading reddit and twitter as we speak and finding some of the posts absolutely hilarious.

Damn right ive got attitude about it.
Out into the lonely desert of racing blandness with intermittent bouts of sputtering frame rates for you then... Ive just had a quick blast on each of my driving games... believe me the grass is not greener on that side of the fence... apart from dirt 2 which is light years beyond GT7 rallying lol.

Because this game is short. It doesn’t have many events (about 120 races including championships in the World Circuits section, even GT6 had more races), and it seems like the career mode is incomplete. There are only a handful of championships, there are no races with pitstops, no endurance races, no real specific events (Rain Masters, 4WD cup) or events unique to Gr.2 (Super GT) or Gr.1 (Prototypes) cars. It really feels like this game was rushed, and the amount of bugs this game has further solidifies this sentiment for me.
Yeah, i complete career for only... 8 days, shame!!!!!
My favourite game in this franchise is ALWAYS be GT5 (longest career)!

Adding a grind is an uninventive way of increasing longevity of shallow gameplay.

Elite Dangerous (Frontier Developments) tried the same trick. Grind for the sake of grinding like no other game that ever existed. The players have been switching off in droves. So much so FDev have been forced to cancel console updates and their latest financial report got them in severe hot water with their shareholders...

Model the grind. Your future? Nevermind.

Last edited:
You really learn to appreciate when a game needs online checks to be fully operational when you can't play it.

That's strong sarcasm, because it's 🤬 stupid that a primarily single player title needs online checks. If this releases on PC like that leak suggests, there are going to be some changes. The hard way. :lol:
Oh snap, thats news to me. Link?

Jerome

Oh another thing that annoys me…having to “look” at every car i aquire in order for my garage red dot notification to disappear.
It's like my mailbox, I just ignore it, don't even see it anymore

Does anyone know how many hours has the maintenance been going on? Not played for couple days. I’ve been at work all day and ran some errands, got back and can’t even play it 🤦🏼‍♂️
about +10hrs now in EU

Because the SRO GT World Challenge series is seen by millions and millions of viewers across the globe and totally isn't made for gentleman drivers with a few factory teams on the side.

Get a grip, lmao. There's like 30 cars and 8 tracks in the base game. No GT fan is buying that.
I did and I have been playing GT since 1997

Attachments

• B29DF918-BA29-4F4C-8408-6B50E9BA8BC4.jpeg
    B29DF918-BA29-4F4C-8408-6B50E9BA8BC4.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 16
Back