Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
There's @Johnnn. To start. Always @Johnnn. He wants it ALL, NOW!
Depends. We have a year 2022. If you name game real racing simulator, nobody thinks about any grinding or microtransactions. If you buy any game, there is no reason not being able to play with it. Cars, licenses and tracks are probably the most expensive parts of any racing game and you paid for them. If the price is too low they can't create the game, it's important info. Overall, hiding content is very strange strategy without exact notice before.

On the other hand, creating psychological pressure on a player makes sense. You just like your cars much more then.

We should have a compromise. Remove microtransactions. Should be illegal in 2022 in non-F2P games. Add some mode where you can drive any car you don't have yet. Offer credits for races. Then everything is fine.

Last edited:
I mean in the sense that all feelings are made up, sure. User Score is basically asking people "how do you feel about this game?" The answer is apparently "bad". Which is the whole point - the public perception of the game right now is garbage.
Well, it's specifically asking people for a rating. Lots of people giving it a zero - if you want to take that as a serious reflection of the game, that's up to you. I personally don't, and that's up to me.

To all the people saying you can only play music rally, actually you can play in arcade mode too with your garage, just click »change car » before a race or time trial…the drawback is : all your cars are stock( except tyres)…and obviously you don’t earn any credits

It doesn’t let away the frustration, but at least i can do somes lap on the ring.
I was just playing and theres no option there for me to change car in single race. I can only chose the default cars before starting a race. That option you have above car settings isn't there for me.

To all the people saying you can only play music rally, actually you can play in arcade mode too with your garage, just click »change car » before a race or time trial…the drawback is : all your cars are stock( except tyres)…and obviously you don’t earn any credits

It doesn’t let away the frustration, but at least i can do somes lap on the ring.

Can you only use your cars? Or can you use any car as you don’t get credits?

Depends. We have a year 2022. If you name game real racing simulator, nobody thinks about any grinding or microtransactions. If you buy any game, there is no reason not being able to play with it. Cars, licenses and tracks are probably the most expensive parts of any racing game and you paid for them. If the price is too low they can't create the game, it's important info. Overall, hiding content is very strange strategy without exact notice before.

On the other hand, creating psychological pressure on a player makes sense. You just like your cars much more then.

We should have a compromise. Remove microtransactions. Should be illegal in 2022 in non-F2P games. Add some mode where you can drive any car you don't have yet. Offer credits for races. Then everything is fine.
@Samus asked for literally one person. So I gave him you.

Can you only use your cars? Or can you use any car as you don’t get credits?
...you can use your cars with whatever parts you have fitted them (and change those parts within setup menu) in TT and Drift mode, however in race vs other cars (bots) you can use only cars that are available in offline mode... Anything related to online mode (like liveries etc) is unavailable...

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 41
...just imagine buying the game exactly the time the offline servers went down and a sidebonus not being aware of this forum!

Not far off my situation to be honest! Took me several days to install it on my ps5 (my internet is bad) and when the ps was in rest mode it kept saying an error had occurred so the download would pause meaning I’ve have to resume it.. eventually got a day off work it finally installed at the end of the day, did the first 2 licenses and first cafe menu and BAM offline lol.. googled gran turismo and found this 😂

So you boycot the game,return your copies,like Sony is going to care as they have already got the sales for the game.My advice is to just sit it out,you have no choice in this anyway,see what happens when its up and running again if your still pissed about it then go for your refunds,boycots and whatever else you need to do.
I admit their silence is deafening but we need to give them a chance to fix it,i bought cyberpunk on release and that was a shambles but the game is now enjoyable,for me anyway.
I still maintain there is a great game in GT7 somewhere.Im not defending PD,read my other posts,but this may be something out of their control nor am i looking to start any grief with anybody,im just trying to be optimistic a little.👍

I was just playing and theres no option there for me to change car in single race. I can only chose the default cars before starting a race. That option you have above car settings isn't there for me.
You can change when you are at the actual track

B80
Yeah those 2 games on my list too. I did get about 25 hours into witcher 3. World looked great but didn't click with me for some reason despite many saying its one of the best of all time. Much preferred skyrim tbh. But I did play witcher 3 on small monitor at my desk, so willing to give it another go when it receives next gen update.

Also didn't realky get into rdr2 but only played it for a couple of hours. Movement seemed to sluggish and clunky, but again need to give it a proper go as many love it. I enjoyed and completed the 1st rdr.

Used to love all ac's. Played up to blag flag. Heard they've changed the formula with last 3 and gone more open world rpg, with loads of filler. Which one of tge three do yiu think is best?

I'd recommend the last of us series if yiu haven't already played it.

Fallout 4 is one I need to play as well.
Personally, AC Odyssey is incredible fun. If you liked Black Flag you'll be pleased to know ship battles make their return. I know to some AC fans that aren't fond of the open world RPG shift, but I really enjoyed Origins and Odyssey (Valhalla not as much)

Fallout 4 is a mammoth game, with lots to do, but does become repetative. That's not to bash on the game either, it's one of my favourites, the Far Harbor DLC more than rescues it though in terms of narrative and felt more like a Fallout experience.

I'd take being locked to Music Rally and Arcade Mode for a day over being given a completely broken game on launch.

Cyberpunk is absolutely great to play on any platform right now though. I'd recommend playing it while you wait.
Is the save game issue fixed yet?

I only have 7 courses? They the ones I’ve unlocked? I wanted to just go round the Nurburgring a few times 😩

Back