Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
Back in what days this used to happen a lot? GT before GTS did not have a always online requirement and mtx.
Actually GT6 had MTX, but unlike GT7, GT6's MTX were reasonably priced, and did not negatively effect the game in anyway. In GT6 it was clear that MTXs were an afterthought as you could still earn good amount of credits without ever buying them. In fact they were such an afterthought that you wouldn't even know they were there.

That's how GT7's MTX model should've been, but oh no someone decided well before the release of the game to design GT7 around pushing MTXs, much to the dismay of the customer.

Last edited:
Given the legitimacy of the scores being given by a ****ed off player base, it almost is literally made up.
and the legitimacy of 9/10s and 10/10s?

or the legitimancy of made up pr and marketing statements prior to release?

i don't actually think the game is a 0/10 (as much as i don't think it's a 9 or 10). metacritic is a very important tool for the enduser in todays market to actually voice an opnion that will be heard.
otherwise (unless you have a huge following) your tweet, or single forum post or yt video won't get much traction and basically won't force larger media outlets to at least cover that something isn't going the way it is supposed to be going.

also the plethora of 8s, 9s, and 10s by professional outlets will naturally get ppl to post 0s

how many major outlets have you seen giving the game a rather honest / fair (imo) ~6?

Last edited:
There wasn't much content in GT Sport either at start, but it more than doubled its size over the years via free updates. We can only hope, that this would be the case with GT7 too.
Yeah, but GTS was worst game from the series according MC. You don't want that again. :D

I am happy from user score. I don't mind outtake but microtransactions should be addressed.

I've just sold mine and thankfully lost only £10. I'm sorry but I cannot support this kind of rubbish anymore. Single player offline for no reason at all, micro transactions nonsense. Anyone supporting PD/Sony is the problem, this is why gaming has gone the way it has. We accept this garbage.
I totally agree, look what epic games have done gaming is no longer pure anymore

i don't actually think the game is a 0/10 (as much as i don't think it's a 9 or 10). metacritic is a very important tool for the enduser in todays market to actually voice an opnion that will be heard.
otherwise (unless you have a huge following) your tweet, or single forum post or yt video won't get much traction and basically won't force larger media outlets to at least cover that something isn't going the way it is supposed to be going.

also the plethora of 8s, 9s, and 10s by professional outlets will naturally get ppl to post 0s

how many major outlets have you seen giving the game a rather honest / fair (imo) ~6?
Reviews were written with version 1.05. This is version 1.07 which made the game a lot worse. So not comparable.

That being said, I can't stress enough the difference between PD and Guerilla. In one month we got FIVE patches for Horizon Forbidden West, ALL of which generally improved the experience. There were a few nerfs in the last one but NONE related to resource gathering (armors/weapons still cost the same to buy and upgrade).

Last edited:
If it can't be fixed in a day there is something fundamental wrong, in other news has anyone tried Aethersx2 that thing is amazing GT3/4 that Gran Turismo in its purest form PD please remake them period.

Last edited:
Servers down? Broken Update? Ok, these things happen.

Best cars are really hard to get or just pay more money? Alright, getting used to it.

Paying 80€ for a racing game I can't play offline? You gotta be ****ing kidding me.
The game is playable offline.

The things players CAN do while crying they can’t do:

Single Race:

Number of Laps 1-99
Rolling or Standing Start
Rivals Difficulty
Boost Off/On
Choose from the thirteen cars available:
  • Swift Sport ‘07
  • Roadster ‘15
  • Cooper S ‘05
  • GR86 ‘21
  • Megane R.S. Trophy ‘11
  • X-BOW R ‘12
  • A110 ‘17
  • Focus ST ‘15
  • FD RX-7 ‘02
  • Mustang GT ‘15
  • Cayman GT4 ‘16
  • RX-Vision GT3 Concept
  • WRX Gr.B

Time Trial:

Use recommended car
Change Car in Settings, to choose a car from your garage
Change car Settings(change Detailed Settings)
Changs tyre compound and racing Intermediates or Wets, if bought for that particular car
Choose any track unlocked and it’s various track layouts and conditions

So far, my set times for the five cars I’ve just used, have recorded. Haven’t backed out the game and logged back in, to see if the time remain.

Drift Trial:

- See Time Trial for options -

Its a good opportunity to get acquainted with the cars we all have 8nsteas of using the one car to grind for other cars, at the moment. I’m enjoying not having to hurry up and buy, during this “break”.
Haven’t driven my F12 or Carrera GT or G70 3.3T or 993 RS or 917 LL or Z Performance ‘23. Now, I will.

Between this and BF2042 which were my most anticipated games since they were announced I am worried what is to come in this generation of consoles.

I miss the days we would buy a CD, put it in and it just worked, also games had to be polished at launch.

I can't think of another industry where they can release a faulty product, milk it for all its worth and basically get away with it.

Single Race:

Number of Laps 1-99
Rivals Difficulty
Boost Off/On
  • Swift Sport ‘07
  • Roadster ‘15
  • Cooper S ‘05
  • GR86 ‘21
  • Megane R.S. Trophy ‘11
  • X-BOW R ‘12
  • A110 ‘17
  • Focus ST ‘15
  • FD RX-7 ‘02
  • Mustang GT ‘15
  • Cayman GT4 ‘16
  • RX-Vision GT3 Concept
  • WRX Gr.B

Time Trial:

Use recommended car
Changs tyre compound and racing Intermediates or Wets, if bought for that particular car

So far, my set times for the five cars I’ve just used, have recorded. Haven’t backed out the game and logged back in, to see if the time remain.

Drift Trial:

Its a good opportunity to get acquainted with the cars we all have 8nsteas of using the one car to grind for other cars, at the moment. I’m enjoying not having to hurry up and buy, during this “break”.
Haven’t driven my F12 or Carrera GT or G70 3.3T or 993 RS or 917 LL or Z Performance ‘23. Now, I will.
This would have been much more acceptable had they let us have access to our garage. At least then I would be able to drive and test out all the cars I've won/bought and tuned.

Single Race:

Number of Laps 1-99
Rivals Difficulty
Boost Off/On
  • Swift Sport ‘07
  • Roadster ‘15
  • Cooper S ‘05
  • GR86 ‘21
  • Megane R.S. Trophy ‘11
  • X-BOW R ‘12
  • A110 ‘17
  • Focus ST ‘15
  • FD RX-7 ‘02
  • Mustang GT ‘15
  • Cayman GT4 ‘16
  • RX-Vision GT3 Concept
  • WRX Gr.B

Time Trial:

Use recommended car

Drift Trial:

I didn't even know this until I heard about it on GTPlanet, the amount of time it takes to eventually load when offline made me think it wasn't playable at all offline.

Between this and BF2042 which were my most anticipated games since they were announced I am worried what is to come in this generation of consoles.

I miss the days we would buy a CD, put it in and it just worked, also games had to be polished at launch.

I can't think of another industry where they can release a faulty product, milk it for all its worth and basically get away with it.
GT2 had a bug that prevented players from achieving 100 percent completion. And the reason why I brought this up was not support PD's asinine decision for online DRM, but rather to say that even back then games were faulty and didn't always work.

Single Race:

Number of Laps 1-99
Rivals Difficulty
Boost Off/On
  • Swift Sport ‘07
  • Roadster ‘15
  • Cooper S ‘05
  • GR86 ‘21
  • Megane R.S. Trophy ‘11
  • X-BOW R ‘12
  • A110 ‘17
  • Focus ST ‘15
  • FD RX-7 ‘02
  • Mustang GT ‘15
  • Cayman GT4 ‘16
  • RX-Vision GT3 Concept
  • WRX Gr.B

Time Trial:

Use recommended car

Drift Trial:

Awesome! That sounds like so much fun! I think I will buy €100 worth of credits when the servers are back to tip PD for giving us such an expansive arcade mode.

Last edited:
I meant races, not events. GT7 has a pathetic event list anyway. I think there are 30-35 events/championships in the menu books, and like 5 outside of them, and a lot of those events are just "American Clubman Cup 500 PP", "American Clubman Cup 600 PP", Japanese Clubman Cup 500 PP", "Japanese Clubman Cup 600 PP", "European Clubman Cup 500 PP", and so on... The WTC events are just Gr.3 Cup and Gr. 4 Cup races with different names. And ofcourse there's a handful of one-track championships, those sure were absolutely thrilling.
-snip-

Last edited:
version 1.05 was imcomplete as well and definitely not a 9 or 10 either

ppl have not been complaining just since 1.07, albeit some more have had there eyes opened i guess

it is very much comparable
Cafe stuff could be 10/10 easily. Nobody knows it's the end of the game after it. I thought cafe is kind of tutorial and after it the whole game opens. Only opening thing after it is your wallet.

They sure deserve the backlash. Not only for this always online debacle but even more so for the horrendous microtransaction charade. I mean, seriously why are there people willing to live with this crap? Is there really anyone enjoying driving the same race 100 times, or even 10 times to get a car you want? If that is something you are readily willing to do, you should reconsider how you spend your time on this earth, to be honest.

GT2 had a bug that prevented players from achieving 100 percent completion. And the reason why I brought this up was not support PD's asinine decision for online DRM, but rather to say that even back then games were faulty and didn't always work.
Back in the ps1/2 days there were different patched versions of the same game.
Big difference is that when you had a buggy version on a disc, you were pretty much stuck with it.

B80
Yeah those 2 games on my list too. I did get about 25 hours into witcher 3. World looked great but didn't click with me for some reason despite many saying its one of the best of all time. Much preferred skyrim tbh. But I did play witcher 3 on small monitor at my desk, so willing to give it another go when it receives next gen update.

Also didn't realky get into rdr2 but only played it for a couple of hours. Movement seemed to sluggish and clunky, but again need to give it a proper go as many love it. I enjoyed and completed the 1st rdr.

Used to love all ac's. Played up to blag flag. Heard they've changed the formula with last 3 and gone more open world rpg, with loads of filler. Which one of tge three do yiu think is best?

I'd recommend the last of us series if yiu haven't already played it.

Fallout 4 is one I need to play as well.
I own all AC games right now on my series X (gotta love Xbox back compat ☺️) but only played the last 3 games. I 100% Origins on Xbox including it’s 2 DLC. By far my favourite in all aspects (location, protagonist, story) I played both Odyssey and Valhalla let’s say until 70% into the main game story (didn’t do the DLC yet) and I’m a bit tied there, I think they are quite close for a shared 2nd place.

I also own Last of Us but didn’t play it yet 🙈 Also own Fallout 4 and I played it lets say 20 hours or so many years ago.

Red Dead 2 I did like you, play it for a couple of hours but I stopped playing, not because I didn’t like it, I think another game took my attention at the time.

I also own uncharted 1-4 but only completed 1&2, stranded halfway in 3.

I need more time to play games. 😁

Just home on my lunch break servers are still down, i really hope they go live sometime today, its quite dissapointing of we can’t play sonetime today with friday and all, i am still not one of them that will hate the game, and i won’t get rid of it, becouse their is plenty stuff i enjoy in gt7 and hopefully gets even better with time

Scores at the limits of a scale are, IMHO, almost unavoidably not reasoned or balanced.

I don't really value PR in any industry, it may contain facts, but again it's never going to balanced or reasoned. I'm an advocate for researching purchases before you make them and I think most people understand that PR will only ever paint a one-sided picture.

Metacritic might be an important tool, it's unfortunate that the way users try and wield that tool undermines it's use for most people.

I own all AC games right now on my series X (gotta love Xbox back compat ☺️) but only played the last 3 games. I 100% Origins on Xbox including it’s 2 DLC. By far my favourite in all aspects (location, protagonist, story) I played both Odyssey and Valhalla let’s say until 70% into the main game story (didn’t do the DLC yet) and I’m a bit tied there, I think they are quite close for a shared 2nd place.

I also own Last of Us but didn’t play it yet 🙈 Also own Fallout 4 and I played it lets say 20 hours or so many years ago.

Red Dead 2 I did like you, play it for a couple of hours but I stopped playing, not because I didn’t like it, I think another game took my attention at the time.

I also own uncharted 1-4 but only completed 1&2, stranded halfway in 3.

I need more time to play games. 😁

yeah I'm same as you, fortunate to have ps5 and series x. FH5 and Fm22 took me away from RDR2...

some have suggested playing single player games on 'easy' to blast through stories, tempted to try it on horizon, but always play normal usually...

said same thing to a colleague, great time to be a gamer. work and life gets in the way :D

Back