Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
GT7 isn't the first game to be an always online game without any real need to be so. It's becoming a standard "feature" in modern games since it makes it easier for the developers to create more dynamic games that doesn't rely on updates to change content etc.

The problem is that there isn't a consumer protection to be found that leaves the player with a proper game when the servers are shutdown.
But it isn't always online. Especially not the way other always online games are. It has online saves. Big difference.

And I hate it too, but frankly it's the easiest way to stop all the cheaters that plagued gt6 online editing car files. It worked, and now we're stuck with it because PD is too lazy or corrupt to find another solution.

But you can still play the game offline in arcade mode so frankly people really need to stop mislabelling it and associating it with trash like Destiny, the division, and all the other games that can't be played offline at all.

I don't think anyone should underestimate how big an impact this potentially may cause for Sony and PD, as most of the time the stuff we moan about here at GTP is just the mutterings of the more die-hard few (in terms of overall percentage of buyers), and it's stuff the games who make up the majority of GT's buying audience couldn't give two figs about.

This, however, if different, it's hit the whole audience, and only a short amount of time after launch, and not in a typical busy period (Christmas for example) that could be used to partially excuse a server issue.

Just to highlight this of the videos I've put out on my (very modest) YouTube Channel, the second most popular was on how to swap engines, that has gained 10k in views in 9 days, the one I put out 12 hours ago talking about the server outage, the always on-line nature of GT7 and MXTs has already hit 7.5k views (and has a 97% like/dislike ratio). It's not just the small dedicated band of player that stick with a GT title long term that are up in arms about this, it's far more widespread than that.

These are the gamers that PD and Sony really need to convert into long-term GT players to help build and maintain the long term player base, and right now that is being undermined in a significant way. Every minute the outage continues and attention is drawn to the MXTs, Sony and PD lose more of that audience they need to build and maintain.

But it isn't always online. Especially not the way other always online games are. It has online saves. Big difference.

And I hate it too, but frankly it's the easiest way to stop all the cheaters that plagued gt6 online editing car files. It worked, and now we're stuck with it because PD is too lazy or corrupt to find another solution.

But you can still play the game offline in arcade mode so frankly people really need to stop mislabelling it and associating it with trash like Destiny, the division, and all the other games that can't be played offline at all.
No, it isn't. Making your saves and game tamper proof is the other way.

I’m just a bit annoyed that I can’t play the game, because I think it’s awesome and I’ve been thoroughly enjoying it. Feels like I’m only scratching the surface. My progress through it is probably slower than most people’s though. I won’t move on from a license test or mission until I’ve golded it.
Not really bothered about any of the other gripes. 👍🏼
They’ll not get any money from me via micro transactions. No game ever has. If that means I have to do a few races to get some specific cars, so be it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I can't help but feel this massive server maintenance could've been avoided by doing beta tests like GT sport did.

Who knows, maybe we would've been able to drive a Lotus for once too.

And I hate it too, but frankly it's the easiest way to stop all the cheaters that plagued gt6 online editing car files
No, it's not at all.

Many other sim racing titles on PC get around this quite easily, the server does a validation against the car file your loading and if your modified car doesn't match the 'standard' then you don't get into the server. It works well enough that multiple real world series that use PC titles for eSports utilise it.

It's a simple variation on the long used and perfectly valid Checksum process

Last edited:
Of course. I wasn't trying to compare them, simply tried to point out that older disc based games weren't as flawless as the poster I quoted made them sound. No more no less really.

But anyway thanks for the bit of info, shows how long it has been since I really played GT2.
If you compare it they were real heroes. No Stackoverflow, no websites with tones of info, no proper testing, no commonly known strategy. Today's people are rather useless against it. It would be nice to have some old people in current industry. They were probably pushed out by young and cheap.

Last edited:
The game is playable offline.

The things players CAN do while crying they can’t do:

Single Race:

Number of Laps 1-99
Rolling or Standing Start
Rivals Difficulty
Boost Off/On
Choose from the thirteen cars available:
  • Swift Sport ‘07
  • Roadster ‘15
  • Cooper S ‘05
  • GR86 ‘21
  • Megane R.S. Trophy ‘11
  • X-BOW R ‘12
  • A110 ‘17
  • Focus ST ‘15
  • FD RX-7 ‘02
  • Mustang GT ‘15
  • Cayman GT4 ‘16
  • RX-Vision GT3 Concept
  • WRX Gr.B

Time Trial:

Use recommended car
Change Car in Settings, to choose a car from your garage
Change car Settings(change Detailed Settings)
Changs tyre compound and racing Intermediates or Wets, if bought for that particular car
Choose any track unlocked and it’s various track layouts and conditions

So far, my set times for the five cars I’ve just used, have recorded. Haven’t backed out the game and logged back in, to see if the time remain.

Drift Trial:

- See Time Trial for options -

Its a good opportunity to get acquainted with the cars we all have 8nsteas of using the one car to grind for other cars, at the moment. I’m enjoying not having to hurry up and buy, during this “break”.
Haven’t driven my F12 or Carrera GT or G70 3.3T or 993 RS or 917 LL or Z Performance ‘23. Now, I will.

It really doesn’t matter if nothing can be saved.

Offline saves for the single-player bit of the game should’ve been a no-brainer from day one of development.

I don't think anyone should underestimate how big an impact this potentially may cause for Sony and PD, as most of the time the stuff we moan about here at GTP is just the mutterings of the more die-hard few (in terms of overall percentage of buyers), and it's stuff the games who make up the majority of GT's buying audience couldn't give two figs about.

This, however, if different, it's hit the whole audience, and only a short amount of time after launch, and not in a typical busy period (Christmas for example) that could be used to partially excuse a server issue.

Just to highlight this of the videos I've put out on my (very modest) YouTube Channel, the second most popular was on how to swap engines, that has gained 10k in views in 9 days, the one I put out 12 hours ago talking about the server outage, the always on-line nature of GT7 and MXTs has already hit 7.5k views (and has a 97% like/dislike ratio). It's not just the small dedicated band of player that stick with a GT title long term that are up in arms about this, it's far more widespread than that.

These are the gamers that PD and Sony really need to convert into long-term GT players to help build and maintain the long term player base, and right now that is being undermined in a significant way. Every minute the outage continues and attention is drawn to the MXTs, Sony and PD lose more of that audience they need to build and maintain.
Depending on what has gone wrong and responsibilities, this situation has enough impact to make Sony enforce some radical changes on Poliphony. Something similar (in a heavily online game where you could enjoy pretty much all the features offline, imagine that!) killed both Driveclub and its studio.

These troll factory user scores have nothing to do with the quality of any given game. 95% of the players dont contribute to these scores - its just small angry attention seaking mob.
No its not. It's decade long fans being utterly gutted of what their beloved franchise has become. The scores accurately reflect that.
Don't downplay this steaming pile of BS thats happening right now.

These troll factory user scores have nothing to do with the quality of any given game. 95% of the players dont contribute to these scores - its just small angry attention seaking mob.
There's a text. Negative user scores is my first source of info. If I don't care what people don't like, I don't need to afraid of the game.

edit:
Like bad graphics in GT7. What? It's the best I've ever seen. But what about microtransactions? I care.

Last edited:
The game is playable offline.

The things players CAN do while crying they can’t do:

Single Race:

Number of Laps 1-99
Rolling or Standing Start
Rivals Difficulty
Boost Off/On
Choose from the thirteen cars available:
  • Swift Sport ‘07
  • Roadster ‘15
  • Cooper S ‘05
  • GR86 ‘21
  • Megane R.S. Trophy ‘11
  • X-BOW R ‘12
  • A110 ‘17
  • Focus ST ‘15
  • FD RX-7 ‘02
  • Mustang GT ‘15
  • Cayman GT4 ‘16
  • RX-Vision GT3 Concept
  • WRX Gr.B

Time Trial:

Use recommended car
Change Car in Settings, to choose a car from your garage
Change car Settings(change Detailed Settings)
Changs tyre compound and racing Intermediates or Wets, if bought for that particular car
Choose any track unlocked and it’s various track layouts and conditions

So far, my set times for the five cars I’ve just used, have recorded. Haven’t backed out the game and logged back in, to see if the time remain.

Drift Trial:

- See Time Trial for options -

Its a good opportunity to get acquainted with the cars we all have 8nsteas of using the one car to grind for other cars, at the moment. I’m enjoying not having to hurry up and buy, during this “break”.
Haven’t driven my F12 or Carrera GT or G70 3.3T or 993 RS or 917 LL or Z Performance ‘23. Now, I will.
I can race with a whole 3% of the car list the title has, how exciting.

What's even more annoying about that is the rest of the grid is made up of cars that I can't use!

Honestly, defending this is baffling, locking the single player away in this regard is un-required (and no anti-cheating and anti-car modding isn't a valid excuses - alternative that work exist), and is blatantly anti-consumer.

It's the lack of communication that will cause long term damage. I mean No Man's Sky is alright now after so many updates, but I won't ever buy anything developed by Hello Games again - at least not within a couple of years of release - simply because of the way they refused to engage with anyone for months after NMS was unleashed on a disappointed public.

If you compare it they were real heroes. No Stackoverflow, no websites with tones of info, no proper testing, no commonly known strategy. Today's people are rather useless against it. It would be nice to have some old people in current industry. They were probably pushed out by young and cheap.
I'm not sure I really understand what you're saying. You say that they're heroes (who are they anyway?) which is a positive, but then add what could be considered a bunch of negatives. Are you trying to say that old people are heroes? ...But for what exactly? :boggled:

Something minor that bugs me about the article is the numbers for GT2 which are way off... It's by far the easiest game in the series to grind credits in with the Red Rock Valley race, which nets 550k per ~7 minutes. Not sure what race other people have been grinding to come to the numbers mentioned in the article.

GT6 only has the indy race, which is nowhere near this lucrative. Can someone tell me what races were used in those examples?

Depending on what has gone wrong and responsibilities, this situation has enough impact to make Sony enforce some radical changes on Poliphony. Something similar (in a heavily online game where you could enjoy pretty much all the features offline, imagine that!) killed both Driveclub and its studio.
And that was even after the studio turned DriveClub around to be one of the finest arcade racers of the last gen.

I don't know if anyone has posted about this already in here but part of the extended downtime could be blamed on a earthquake that hit the coast wednesday night. It hit in Fukushima but given that it registered at 7.3 on the scale and that residents in koto had their power affected, I wouldn't be surprised if this is partially slowing up progress. Just some food for thought

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220317-234848_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20220317-234848_Twitter.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 14
No its not. It's decade long fans being utterly gutted of what their beloved franchise has become. The scores accurately reflect that.
Don't downplay this steaming pile of BS thats happening right now.
Yes, its a crisis and the world is coming to an end, and then there is the problem with GT7, servers are down, people can't play.

Review bombing says more about the bomber than it does about the game, in this case just how addicted to playing the game the fans actually are.

No, it's not an objective assessment of the quality of the game because these aren't professional reviewers.
You don't have to be a pro to be objective. Again, if you want to apportion value to criticism made by people who are not being, or are unable to be objective, that's up to you, I personally don't. I don't know if PD will take it seriously or not, perhaps they will, perhaps they won't.

how do you research before official release though, when the information you can go for is provided by the company that wants to sell their product and is not only rosetinted but in part actually untrue
If you decide to make a purchase before the game is released then you're depriving yourself of the ability to make an informed opinion. That's on the buyer.

you know a simple trick to use metacritic?

add the critic and user score and divide by 2. this more often than not cancels out the unwarranted high and low scores of a game...

in gt7's case: 8.7 critic rating + 3.8 user rating = 6.25

A better way would be if metacritic showed you the actual score distribution... an even better way, would be if it showed you a graph of the score distribution over time.

Back