Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
I'm just waiting for the Forza response now :lol:
There was a whole week when game couldn't start until next patch. It was possible to run, but you had to try it many times. Imagine game you start it crashes before load... for a week or so. That was Horizon 5.

They tried, and backlash forced them to knock that idea on the head.
They did have MTX, even. But it wasn't overly expensive, and the games never had any pressure to buy them, so it went overlooked until FM7 wanted to introduce loot boxes.

But they changed their mind due to backlash.

Polyphony heard the backlash and decided to make it worse.

Last edited:
They did have MTX, even. But it wasn't overly expensive, and the games never had any pressure to buy them, so it went overlooked until FM7 wanted to introduce loot boxes.

But they changed their mind due to backlash.

Polyphony heard the backlash and decided to make it worse.
They changed the VIP membership too, and tried to make the x2 payouts/XP a consumable "card". Everyone who paid £80 for it got conned, I got my money back due to false advertising, everyone kicked off.

A week later they changed it back to its original way of working.

At least they listened. Hopefully PD do the same.

It takes more than milliseconds to upload a save file and check it even on a good connection let alone on slow connections.
Yes, did you read the link that explained how they work?

I've carried out checksum validation on datafiles that are multiple gigs in size, it takes a fraction of a second.

Then how does forza sell micro transactions?
They don't MXTs have been removed from all Forza titles, they haven't been in place since 2018.

Or any of the other games without online saves that have them? Online saves are not needed to sell micro transactions.
You don't need always on-line to sell them, but if you can control the save files you can better control the economy and have an easier time forcing the adoption of MTXs.

Always : at all times, on all occasions

That's the definition from Google. I agree it's mostly useless offline but it is factually not always online and I don't understand why people have to give it a factually false label like that. It's not in the same category as actual always online games not matter how limited and useless the offline portion is.
Seriously!

So you would be happy to pay £60/£70 for what you have access to right now?

Just to satisfy this utterly inanely pedantic point, 95%+ of GT 7 being always on-line is enough for the majority of people to consider it to be functionally useless off-line in comparison to the product they were sold. GT7 is functionally an always on-line product in comparison to the full game, regardless of the technicalities of what is available off-line.

Plus it really isn't useless. In several years, I won't be the only one glad that it's playable offline. Far better than the game being entirely lost to time.
The vast majority of the game will be lost to time, over 95% of it's not accessible.

Last edited:

And it's got a fully curated career mode for you once you finish the (very long) story mode tutorial, along with an economy that isn't broken and full of NXT's.

It may be an arcade racer, but it's a damn good one.
Ahhh man that burn 🔥 from Codemasters is astonishing! :lol: I approve it, because at least Grid Legends ain't broken, lacks a boring campaign mode, isn't grindy and greedy for money, and actually has functioning OFFLINE MODES that don't require only online to play. Doesn't matter if it's an arcade racer, at least it's not a joke. I might just buy it to support CM. PD can go jump in a lake for I care.

Last edited:
It's their problem. If you want to develop properly, you need exact methods. Crunch is not one of it. Today's strategies are built for lack of intelligence. They try it the hard way. Development 20 years ago had to be the smart way.

Games cost more? What about audience? Game industry is huge now. More people means more money. What about DLCs? What about recycling stuff? Everything is much easier now. PS1 to PS3 were nightmare to develop for, everything custom. It's not true anymore, normal PCs everywhere. SDKs for everything.

It's not about internet only, you have schools for everything, you have courses for everything and mostly industry has experience for many stuff. No reinventing wheel every day.
I wider potential audience doesn't automatically mean more money. There are a lot of factors that are at play. Many indie studios can't get proper funding as it is, and tend to rely on crowdfunding. But crowdfunding comes with more complications. You may have reached a wider audience using this method but you've still got to give a kickback to the SDK provider you've used. For example Unreal Engine 4, a very common one that indie devs try out, requires not just a percentage of every copy sold after a certain threshold has been made but also a percentage of any crowdfunding campaigns. It's in their contract/terms of use and this is not because they themselves are greedy but because even the developers of UE4 have to cover the cost of the android SDK they've used.

Last edited:
If I was Sony I'd pull the plug and remove the game from sale while refunding all users to be honest, there's no recovering from a debacle this bad and it will take a lot of Polyphony to recover from this, this could very well be the end of Gran Turismo we're witnessing.

FIA probably knew something like this was in the works, thats why they ended the partnership.

Last edited:
Last night I used this downtime to earn some golds on Music Rally, today those golds that I had earned last night are gone, but the one that I had earned before the 17th is still there.

They will probably never ever look at this, I hope it reaches zero:

1647607070668.png

Today's development is at least 100 time easier because you have so many info around. So many experience what works and what not. Sony can share info in between first-party studios. And still we got this. Forza is the same.
Not sure I can agree with that. If anything game development is even harder nowadays due to massive corporations, like Sony, making restrictive deadlines to meet often causing studios to have to run in crunch mode. As well as the financial situation e.g games cost more now than they ever have.

It may be a bit easier to learn coding nowadays thanks to the internet, but there is so much more to game development than that. In fact there is so much to game development that I just can't cover it well enough in a singular post.
Game development is a lot harder now-a-days actually. With having such powerful systems, there's a lot more that's expected. Take a basketball game back during PS1, before you just had to worry about the players design and animations, the ball, the net, the hud and the environment (the crowd, the scoreboard, etc.), how the controls worked and how it all interacted.

Now take a PS3 or later basketball game. They've now added cloth animation and hair animation when the player moves, even things like the players sweating and their clothes getting dirty from falling on the asphalt if it's a street game.
Point being here that the more complex platforms can be the more micro systems that are added which take time to make and lengthen development time. Granted these can be recycled but still time goes into it. Then there's also that animations are smoother and more life-like too

That's just that. Now throw in having online multiplayer, well you need to code for that. Plus a lot of people don't have constant reliable internet so the gaming company needs to host their own servers instead of having a players console act as a server. Why not use the players server? Well the data going through the internet has latency. The host has 0 latency so anything the host does is instantaneous while your friend that's on the opposite side of the country has a 70ms delay. If you both shot each other in a FPS at the same time, the host would win. You can counter that by giving the host a equal fake lag to their actions (actually not the case, but easier to explain this way) or to have a unbiased non-player sever act as the server that all the players connect to. Okay that's great but now the software company needs to (just for an example I'll use the USA as an example) buy several on the North East Coast (usually NY), West Coast (Seattle and San Francisco), Chicago, Houston, etc.
Okay great but now those servers have a chance of going down so you buy extra servers in those same areas and spread the load out evenly among what's available. This way if one goes down that region isn't out. These servers cost money too btw, sometimes in the hundreds of thousands per month. Which is why these companies push for micro transactions and DLC, that and because they need to turn a profit, pay their army of developers, sound engineers, modeling artists, testers, etc. and then line their pockets with what's left.

Anyway I didn't even get into anti-cheat stuff, all the automation for going from a code change to deploying said changes to the servers and to the consoles, and so many other mechanics

Wow... maybe I will hop into Fallout 4, after some time trials in GT7. This place is as dismal as Iran right now.

Back