Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
I don't know if anyone has posted about this already in here but part of the extended downtime could be blamed on a earthquake that hit the coast wednesday night. It hit in Fukushima but given that it registered at 7.3 on the scale and that residents in koto had their power affected, I wouldn't be surprised if this is partially slowing up progress. Just some food for thought

No, it's not at all.

Many other sim racing titles on PC get around this quite easily, the server does a validation against the car file your loading and if your modified car doesn't match the 'standard' then you don't get into the server. It works well enough that multiple real world series that use PC titles for eSports utilise it.

It's a simple variation on the long used and perfectly valid Checksum process

This, 100%. Hell, they could just check that each cars settings values fall within expected ranges when loading the lobby.

This always-online requirement is only about locking people into PD's intended progression curve (which we now know to be god-awful) and MTX store.

I'm not sure I really understand what you're saying. You say that they're heroes (who are they anyway?) which is a positive, but then add what could be considered a bunch of negatives. Are you trying to say that old people are heroes? ...But for what exactly? :boggled:
Today's development is at least 100 time easier because you have so many info around. So many experience what works and what not. Sony can share info in between first-party studios. And still we got this. Forza is the same.

Yes, its a crisis and the world is coming to an end, and then there is the problem with GT7, servers are down, people can't play.

Review bombing says more about the bomber than it does about the game, in this case just how addicted to playing the game the fans actually are.
Hearsay. It's disappointment I think. And this game deserves to be bombed the way Sony handles it.
Saying people are addicted, what childlike reasoning is this? Do you know anyone that bombed this game? Please do tell!!

Sadly your gut doesn't mean anything here and to call bombers a bunch of addicts is below all standards. But hey, if it makes you feel better about yourself, why not right?

Last edited:
No, it's not at all.

Many other sim racing titles on PC get around this quite easily, the server does a validation against the car file your loading and if your modified car doesn't match the 'standard' then you don't get into the server. It works well enough that multiple real world series that use PC titles for eSports utilise it.

It's a simple variation on the long used and perfectly valid Checksum process

Why don't they do it then? Also, how do you know checksum is easier? Wouldn't that just increase matchmaking time which is already pretty terrible?

Also doesn't change the fact that this game isn't always online which was my main point. It's pretty useless offline even compared to gt sport which at least let you use all your cars but it still isn't always online.

For a real always online game, once the servers are shutdown for good, there will never be a good reason to install it ever again. Even If the servers are permanently shut down we will be able play gt sport and gt7 assuming our consoles still work. That's a huge difference.

Last edited:
Today's development is at least 100 time easier because you have so many info around. So many experience what works and what not. Sony can share info in between first-party studios. And still we got this. Forza is the same.
Not sure I can agree with that. If anything game development is even harder nowadays due to massive corporations, like Sony, making restrictive deadlines to meet often causing studios to have to run in crunch mode. As well as the financial situation e.g games cost more now than they ever have.

It may be a bit easier to learn coding nowadays thanks to the internet, but there is so much more to game development than that. In fact there is so much to game development that I just can't cover it well enough in a singular post.

For the record I am a sound producer that has worked with 3 different indie studios thus far, which unfortunately all went bankrupt so their products will never seen a green light. (Go figure, right?) And there are many games out there that end up this way due to the two reasons above as well as because of bugs that ended up causing massive delays to the project which eventually led the the project cancellation and a whole assortment of other issues.

I am actually concerned for the future of GT7. This mess up, if we're to put it lightly, really opens the eyes a bit and makes one wonder, what aspect of game development has failed PD as well as the fans. We're told that it is a bug, but that's about as much info as we've gotten about it.

Last edited:
These troll factory user scores have nothing to do with the quality of any given game. 95% of the players dont contribute to these scores - its just small angry attention seaking mob.
Agree, never take a blind bit of notice of these, usually watch a couple of reviews from places I trust.... and then..shockingly..make my own mind up.

Why don't they do it then? Also, how do you know checksum is easier? Wouldn't that just increase matchmaking time which is already pretty terrible?

Also doesn't change the fact that this game isn't always online which was my main point. It's pretty useless offline even compared to gt sport which at least let you use all your cars but it still isn't always online.
Checksum verification takes milliseconds, if that - it's a simple comparator check on two strings.

Why don't they do it then?
Because the route they have taken allows title control of all aspects of the title.

You can't sell MTX if players have the ability to hack a save file.

Also, how do you know checksum is easier?
Because it's an industry standard that takes fractions of a second to carry out.

Wouldn't that just increase matchmaking time which is already pretty terrible?
Nope not at all.

Oh come on. Over 95% of the title is locked away, you are literally limited to 3% of the car count in arcade races and you can't progress at all. GT7 is, for all intents and purposes an always online title.

Racenet problems? Poor sales? They shouldn't do it.
Racenet issues don't stop you playing the single player, and the number of sales don't determine the quality of a title. They 100% should do it, as right now a more casual gamer looking for a racing title (who doesn't care if it's a sim or not) may well see that and vote with their wallet.

Last edited:
I don't even play the game that much because well life, but I find it really frustrating that they haven't said a word about the situation. If they are overhauling the game or doing some massive patch update or something...just say something, anything to manage people's expectations but nope, they are completely quiet about the whole thing. Loyal fans know that 🤬 happens and people will understand but when they don't say anything, that's just really terrible service. I'm not going to stop playing gt7 or even try to get a refund because in the time that I've played the game, I thoroughly enjoyed so I hope that when this is finally resolved, I hope they'll at least compensate everyone. A maxed out bank account in the game would be a good start 😒

Agree, never take a blind bit of notice of these, usually watch a couple of reviews from places I trust.... and then..shockingly..make my own mind up.
In a perfect world. When films at the cinema cost £15 to see, a million tv subscription services, and games are now £80, user and media reviews are more important than ever.

Unless you are loaded, the idea of "making my own mind up" is a bit out of touch.

Three changes to fix the GT7 experience and make everyone happy:
  • Multiply all the payouts by 10. Yes, 10×. Nobody should be forced to repeat the same track over and over again, it's bad game design. People should make fast money in whatever way they want, playing online, making custom races, playing Sport Mode etc.
  • All roulette prizes should have an equal chance of winning (without exchanging for worse prizes because of that).
  • Make most of the game available offline.
Thanks for your time :gtpflag:

If you decide to make a purchase before the game is released then you're depriving yourself of the ability to make an informed opinion. That's on the buyer.

A better way would be if metacritic showed you the actual score distribution... an even better way, would be if it showed you a graph of the score distribution over time.
i'm not talking about preordering here. the review embargo was lifted a day before release iirc, and most outlets gave very high scores omitting the unfinished campaign or general criticism the users have had (even before the last patch).
so you have information from the company selling the product (ofc at least rosetinted) but also from supposedly objective media outlets and in your opinion it is still on the buyer? fair enough.
but then there is not much more the consumer can do but wait at least several days after release and hear from other (hopefully objective) endusers or be a guinea pig themselves.

regarding metacritic, yes, it would be better, but in the absence of said metacritic feature i see the 6.3 being closer to reality than the 9s and 10s or 0s and 1s.

Last edited:
“Would have been”? I just posted that you can actually use your garage and tuned cars. I’ve been doing that all night. I posted pages ago that all my tuned parts are on the car. Even aftermarket wheels. Just the liveries aren’t fitted, due to being offline.

Right, but we’ve got members maybe not aware, they can still use their garage cars, whilst they rant. At least players can use cars other than the default cars. If only for Time Trual and Drift Trial. That’s if they choose to.
I will try to get into my garage again once I'm back home from work. Thanks for that clarification. I could have sworn I tried to log into my garage but it was blanked out.

Not sure I can agree with that. If anything game development is even harder nowadays due to massive corporations, like Sony, making restrictive deadlines to meet often causing studios to have to run in crunch mode. As well as the financial situation e.g games cost more now than they ever have.

It may be a bit easier to learn coding nowadays thanks to the internet, but there is so much more to game development than that. In fact there is so much to game development that I just can't cover it well enough in a singular post.
It's their problem. If you want to develop properly, you need exact methods. Crunch is not one of it. Today's strategies are built for lack of intelligence. They try it the hard way. Development 20 years ago had to be the smart way.

Games cost more? What about audience? Game industry is huge now. More people means more money. What about DLCs? What about recycling stuff? Everything is much easier now. PS1 to PS3 were nightmare to develop for, everything custom. It's not true anymore, normal PCs everywhere. SDKs for everything.

It's not about internet only, you have schools for everything, you have courses for everything and mostly industry has experience for many stuff. No reinventing wheel every day.

In a perfect world. When films at the cinema cost £15 to see, a million tv subscription services, and games are now £80, user and media reviews are more important than ever.

Unless you are loaded, the idea of "making my own mind up" is a bit out of touch.
I did say I watch some reviews that I trust before making my mind up, and not loaded btw

At this day and age, I'm really surprised to see a service provider (because that's what Poliphony is) to be silent about an issue that prevent your customers using the service you should be providing.

I don't know much about Japanese culture, but I find this really strange.

**** happens all the time in software development. And nobody is asking they for a deep assesment of what has gone wrong, but a word wouldn't go amiss: "Guys, things got out of hand in a hardware upgrade we had tested but that behaved differently once we tried in production. We are working hard to fix it at the moment, but we can't really make promises about a timeframe for resuming services. We ask for your patiente until a further update where we can confortably talk about a deadline".
It's not a Japanese culture thing. There's plenty of Japanese devs out there who have no problem communicating with their players, be it good news or bad.

It's just a Polyphony thing.
You don't have to be a pro to be objective. Again, if you want to apportion value to criticism made by people who are not being, or are unable to be objective, that's up to you, I personally don't. I don't know if PD will take it seriously or not, perhaps they will, perhaps they won't.
The whole point of a game is how it makes you feel subjectively. Objective quality doesn't matter if you're not having fun. Why would any competent developer not take how their game makes the players feel seriously?

You seem to think that criticism can only be objective. That is incorrect. People should not confuse objective and subjective criticism, but subjective critique can be just as valuable if not more so. "Is this game fun?" is the most important question to answer, and it cannot be answered objectively.

Checksum verification takes milliseconds, if that - it's a simple comparator check on two strings.
It takes more than milliseconds to upload a save file and check it even on a good connection let alone on slow connections.
Because the route they have taken allows title control of all aspects of the title.

You can't sell MTX if players have the ability to hack a save file.

Oh come on. Over 95% of the title is locked away, you are literally limited to 3% of the car count in arcade races and you can't progress at all. GT7 is, for all intents and purposes an always online title.

Racenet issues don't stop you playing the single player, and the number of sales don't determine the quality of a title. They 100% should do it, as right now a more casual gamer looking for a racing title (who doesn't care if it's a sim or not) may well see that and vote with their wallet.
Then how does forza sell micro transactions? Or any of the other games without online saves that have them? Online saves are not needed to sell micro transactions.

Always : at all times, on all occasions

That's the definition from Google. I agree it's mostly useless offline but it is factually not always online and I don't understand why people have to give it a factually false label like that. It's not in the same category as actual always online games not matter how limited and useless the offline portion is.

Plus it really isn't useless. In several years, I won't be the only one glad that it's playable offline. Far better than the game being entirely lost to time.

Dirt rally 2 had so many problems with Racenet and so many progress lost. I am not sure how it works in F1 or Grid but anybody from CM doesn't have any right to it. GT is completely different league and they should learn from them. But yeah, different view.

Back