Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
If I was Sony I'd pull the plug and remove the game from sale while refunding all users to be honest, there's no recovering from a debacle this bad and it will take a lot of Polyphony to recover from this, this could very well be the end of Gran Turismo we're witnessing.

FIA probably knew something like this was in the works, thats why they ended the partnership.
The FIA deal has ended? Please, throw a link to the news.

It's very uprofessional of them... Since it happened (some major bug in the 1.07 patch) and it takes so long to fix it... they sould revert to the 1.06 or quickly launch 1.71 based on the 1.06 to let us use the game we bought...

Game development is a lot harder now-a-days actually....
Not going to quote the entire thing since I doubt anyone wants to see another wall of text about the subject but that was a very enjoyable read. I'm glad you posted. Even though I knew most of what you posted already, it was nice to be refreshed about it. :)

most disappointing £60 i have ever spent on a game!

the whole in game purchase thing ON TOP of the game price and PSN+ as well to even play the game in multi-player is a rip-off!

i completed the final race series in a street car, without the super license... something you'd not have been able to do in previous editions of GT... in fact i saw no Gr2 or Gr1 races or series at all!

lazy, money-grabbing effort of a game!

Give it another day, someone will start a petition just like with GT Sport lol

Edit: I spoke too soon :

We already have a petition to make the game fully playable offline, but even then, the main Arcade Modes (Arcade Race, Time Trial and Custom Race) have no rental cars, and that you only have 13 rental cars in two-player battles and the offline modes, so here you go.

Last edited:
When it comes back on these things need to be addressed.

1. Remove the micro transactions or make them far less money grubbing. You guys exposed yourselves badly on this one. Won't soon forget that.

2. Implement reasonable race payouts and item costs across the board.

3. Allow players to sell unwanted cars a la GT4 etc for reasonable costs. If the car is new, it should sell for new price. If its used, used price etc. Common sense together with realism equals a win.

4. Bring back qualifying. One of the best aspects of past GT games. Enough with the boring always in the back race starts. No imagination and not realistic for a real driving/racing game.

5. Bring back B-Spec "if" you insist on your unimaginative, cheap payout, artificial longevity through grinding system. Only kids that live at home with mom and dad have time for this nonsense. B-Spec will allow real working people to make dough and simulate race ownership while working or other important aspects of life. This is just a game, why you trying to make it someone's life? You aim for realism but fall short of it in so many ways to suit your greed.

6. Remove the silly restrictions on VGT etc cars. You get many of these special cars and they are one hit wonders with no real enjoyment value. Pit a Redbull X vs a F1, Super formula car or against 200pp cars just for fun? Can't do it. Those custom races can be fun and add long term value to special cars that don't have race series or if you just want to see how they perform against other cars.

In general, just rethink your approach to the game as if you wanted someone to make it for you. Unabashed greed destroys a worthwhile franchise like nothing else. Kaz/PD lost their way a while back, and I'm not hopeful they will return to that standard.

Last edited:
1.3 million per hour in GT2? What?

You can actually get almost the same amount in around 10 minutes but whatever.

Edit:

etgs.png

Last edited:
oh, and you can't even enter all of the races you have unlocked with the cars you want because they are locked to specific nationality cars...???? wtf is that all about?

same old licences as GT5, GT6 and GT Sport.... probably the same as the others too, but can't remember their licence sections.

still some of the favourite tracks missing, and whatever happened to Pikes Peek? i thought that Sony bought the rights to that years ago, and expected that to be here again at least!

money grabbing again springs to mind!

Why don't they do it then? Also, how do you know checksum is easier? Wouldn't that just increase matchmaking time which is already pretty terrible?

Also doesn't change the fact that this game isn't always online which was my main point. It's pretty useless offline even compared to gt sport which at least let you use all your cars but it still isn't always online.

For a real always online game, once the servers are shutdown for good, there will never be a good reason to install it ever again. Even If the servers are permanently shut down we will be able play gt sport and gt7 assuming our consoles still work. That's a huge difference.
I think we'll have to wait and see how they handle that with GT Sport before we can be sure about that.
I surely hope so too.

Back