Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
If they did compensate people it'd be more like 1 credit given how stingy they're being.
Seriously. They gave people 100K for pre-ordering the game. Until yesterday, that used to be the reward for 3 minutes of clean racing at Fisherman's Ranch. And even now it's still only 6 or 7 minutes. A very generous pre-order bonus!

They're not going to give us anything, other than the return of the opportunity to buy more credits.

...just imagine buying the game exactly the time the offline servers went down and a sidebonus not being aware of this forum!
Endlessly playing the music rally and never getting the question with the obvious answer if we want to start GT7 now 🤣😂😟😢😭

Easily the fastest growing thread GTPlanet ever had.
Eh can't blame people. They've got no game to play and many are angered with the choices PD are making, so naturally people will come to this thread to voice their concerns, complaints, and just generally chat while waiting for PD to get their head out of their ***. I imagine the ammount of user activity has increased a tiny bit on this site because of this "maintenance".

They've broken several UK consumer laws, and it's only going to take one legal firm to smell cash . . .
lol, they have not broken any laws.

Technically can still play the game, and also people need to calm down a bit... back in the day, this used to happen a lot. Yes, it sucks and it's frustrating, its just as frustrating to them too. I'm sure they're loving this bad publicity and abuse....

Keep calm it will be back.

I've written it before in another thread and I can't find it, but this is the biggest PR disaster for Sony in years and will severely hurt the legs of a game that, for better or worse, was promoted as the premier racing experience on PlayStation. A game that is otherwise a great game, but managed as if it was a throwaway mobile NFT game.

Sony literally pulled a Halo Infinite on people. Steep progression to force you into the store. And we've all seen how that game is dead on Steam despite being F2P. How the **** did they think this was gonna work?

Moreover: how the **** did they think copying the worst features from FM7, which is probably the worst modern Forza, was gonna work for Gran Turismo? Sure FM7 didn't have MTX, but it was gonna have them, and it had the limited VIP bonuses.

I'm actually proud of the Gran Turismo community, because, unlike certain other communities, you guys aren't complacent. I'm not talking about the professional complainers, but the people who are, indeed, pissed off, like the fans, the influencers and the e-sports drivers.

They're weak, this is the time to strike. First. Hard. And with no mercy!

Last edited:
Wait, I think they were talking about Cyberpunk. In which case, the game is playable now. Still might not be what was expected before release, but it's fully playable.
LOL, you are right! So active thread, it's hard to read properly. My mistake then. Because I know some people had problem with GT7 before 1.07. It won't be problem anymore. Empty garage and new career solves everything. :D

IT man: "Boss, we lost all saves."
Boss: "Do you have backups?"
IT man: "Sure (but he knows it won't work)"
Boss: So fix it!
IT man: "OK, it will take some time."

24 hours later

Boss: "Is it done?"
IT man: "Oh, there is a thing I wanted to tell you about..."

LOL, you are right! So active thread, it's hard to read properly. My mistake then. Because I know some people had problem with GT7 before 1.07. It won't be problem anymore. Empty garage and new career solves everything. :D

IT man: "Boss, we lost all saves."
Boss: "Do you have backups?"
IT man: "Sure (but he knows it won't work)"
Boss: So fix it!
IT man: "OK, it will take some time."

24 hours later

Boss: "Is it done?"
IT man: "Oh, there is a thing I wanted to tell you about..."
Here's the plot twist both IT man and Boss are the same person. :eek:

Personally, AC Odyssey is incredible fun. If you liked Black Flag you'll be pleased to know ship battles make their return. I know to some AC fans that aren't fond of the open world RPG shift, but I really enjoyed Origins and Odyssey (Valhalla not as much)

Fallout 4 is a mammoth game, with lots to do, but does become repetative. That's not to bash on the game either, it's one of my favourites, the Far Harbor DLC more than rescues it though in terms of narrative and felt more like a Fallout experience.

Yes, from what I gather, the purists prefer fo3, but I'm struggling with playing a game that old now.

Which reminds me, dragon age is another series that appeals. Loved many other bioware releases.

Thanks for AC recommendations. Seems very divided in terms of which one of the 3 is best!

Are there genuinely only 120 'races' in GT7, or is that made up?

One two lap race for Bathurst? One race for Monza? I'm only at Cafe #22 before the server crash so technically i'm already 50% done?

I mean for what it is GT Sport isn't bad. I got a lot of racing out of it's GT League and I did enjoy it. For the price you could buy it at now it'd be a bargain.
There wasn't much content in GT Sport either at start, but it more than doubled its size over the years via free updates. We can only hope, that this would be the case with GT7 too.

lol, they have not broken any laws.

Technically can still play the game, and also people need to calm down a bit... back in the day, this used to happen a lot. Yes, it sucks and it's frustrating, its just as frustrating to them too. I'm sure they're loving this bad publicity and abuse....

Keep calm it will be back.

Back in what days this used to happen a lot? GT before GTS did not have a always online requirement and mtx.

Back