Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
Overtime!?! in Japan!?! Of course they not getting paid! lol
I'm not familiar with how the workplace works in Japan, so you might just be right. :lol:

I only suggest paid overtime, because as much as I dislike what's going on, I still think PD employees should be compensated for their time. I'm not that mean toward PD despite what my avatar suggests. :P

Last edited:
Paid overtime is a somewhat foreign concept for most Asian businesses. Unpaid overtime isn't.
That's actually quite helpful. I should probably go study more about Japanese culture and workplace structure. Say, don't suppose you've got any good books to suggest for this subject matter? :)

Let's be honest: the lack of communication bothers you the most.

Many, including myself, would feel less annoyed if PD simply said, "Guys, this **** is brewing for reason XYZ, the servers are expected to be available again by Sunday evening. We'll keep you posted."

So it feels like I'm waiting for a technician right now. "Please keep Monday to Friday free for the whole of March lol"

The data also saved my cars in various states of tune. The bonnet pins, tow hooks,number player removal, roll cage, and aero parts. Aftermarket wheels as well. Just not the liveries of course.

That's actually quite helpful. I should probably go study more about Japanese culture and workplace structure. Say, don't suppose you've got any good books to suggest for this subject matter? :)
You can always join the fun :)

Not just Japan. Am pretty sure it's similar for Korea, China and yes Singapore (this one I'm quite certain of lol), but of course, not all companies are like that, but many of those run by older more traditional folk most certainly are, I've had more than my fair share of first-hand experiences (Worked 14hr+ days almost daily for close to 2 yrs in an ad-agency, threw in numerous wkends as well. Got paid for only half of my time) (+ bonus points for a toxic environment too). Tho things seem to be slowly changing as employers realise people are now no longer afraid to quit a ****** job.

BUT, I digress. Back to GTfail.

Last edited:
Let's be honest: the lack of communication bothers you the most.

Many, including myself, would feel less annoyed if PD simply said, "Guys, this **** is brewing for reason XYZ, the servers are expected to be available again by Sunday evening. We'll keep you posted."

So it feels like I'm waiting for a technician right now. "Please keep Monday to Friday free for the whole of March lol"
Agreed, PD needs to bring in a social media manager with a presence on GTP/social media to convey the issues to the community. Codemasters have done it, so why can't a main Sony Studio do it?

Their refund policy is very stingy. You can refund within 14 days of purchasing a product, but can't get your money back if you streamed or downloaded your content, unless there's a fault. So probably not.
Yeah I know. As far as I know cyperpunk is only case where they did refunds. But was just curious, with all the people saying in this thread they would ask for a refund.

I have to say, if I had the option I would ask for a refund

If I had a decent amount or a few cars I liked in my garage I’d play it offline and just try and wait for it to come back up.. but I’ve only got the first 3 menu cars 😂🤦🏼‍♂️

Yeah I know. As far as I know cyperpunk is only case where they did refunds. But was just curious, with all the people saying in this thread they would ask for a refund.

The cyberpunk refunds happened because CD Projekt Red actually wanted to issue refunds, if memory serves me right, not because of Sony. So, if Polyphony were to approve refunds, then Sony would oblige. Let's hope that happens.

Yesterday, the Dutch Craigslist listed around 200 copies of GT7.
Today it's 500+

I played ALL the GT's to date. GT1, 2, 3, 4, Concept, GT HD, GT 5 Prologue, 5, PSP, 6 and this steaming pile of Bull Manure.

PD/Sony threw a damn monkeywrench in their entire program. The sheer lack of communication is abysmal, trying to force mtx down our throats by cutting winnings, the whole online only debacle.

My copy is being picked up for 40 euros today.

Farewell GT, it was fun while it lasted....
Too bad we have to part ways like this after 25 years of fonds memories....

Last edited:
To all the people saying you can only play music rally, actually you can play in arcade mode too with your garage, just click »change car » before a race or time trial…the drawback is : all your cars are stock( except tyres)…and obviously you don’t earn any credits

It doesn’t let away the frustration, but at least i can do somes lap on the ring.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 37
Agreed, PD needs to bring in a social media manager with a presence on GTP/social media to convey the issues to the community. Codemasters have done it, so why can't a main Sony Studio do it?
Pride. They don't interact with fans, they don't offer transparancy, they don't look at what other developers are doing. Any social media presence they have is entirely managed by a completely different company that doesn't seem to ever know more about what PD is doing than the general public does.

And now they're firmly in the "buy microtransactions or get out" era, they really couldn't care less about what the fans want. Unless they want to buy credits, ofcourse. The servers need to get back up so people can buy more credits.

It was a different situation for Cyberpunk. It was a buggy, unplayable mess on PS4 at launch. Way beyond what's going on here.

To all the people saying you can only play music rally, actually you can play in arcade mode too with your garage, just click »change car » before a race or time trial…the drawback is : all your cars are stock( except tyres)…and obviously you don’t earn any credits

It doesn’t let away the frustration, but at least i can do somes lap on the ring.
Just the livery is stock if you changed it. All tuning parts are attached.

What a messy situation right now. I just hope that servers will be back online this evening, wanted to race online with some friends today. 🤔

Yeah I‘m sure you will never get the asmosphere, emotions, game pacing etc from the first game by watching catch-up videos. Seeing your first sawtooth, seeing and climbing your first tallneck, seeing your first vantage point and recognising the ruins of old world buildings. I would absolutely recommend to play all the games in order, they aren’t that incredibly long (compared to AC Odyssey & Valhalla for example).

I enjoy open world RPG games and HZD together with AC Origins are my favourites ones. Sidenote: I already own but still need to play Witcher 3 and Red Dead 2. 🙈 Blame my time spent on racing games 😁

Fromsoft / Dark Souls / Elden Ring is something I have absolutely zero interest in. That gothic world / art style just isn’t my thing. Give me the lovely post-post apocalyptic Horizon world or the beautifully recreated Ancient Egypt from AC Origins any day.
Yeah those 2 games on my list too. I did get about 25 hours into witcher 3. World looked great but didn't click with me for some reason despite many saying its one of the best of all time. Much preferred skyrim tbh. But I did play witcher 3 on small monitor at my desk, so willing to give it another go when it receives next gen update.

Also didn't realky get into rdr2 but only played it for a couple of hours. Movement seemed to sluggish and clunky, but again need to give it a proper go as many love it. I enjoyed and completed the 1st rdr.

Used to love all ac's. Played up to blag flag. Heard they've changed the formula with last 3 and gone more open world rpg, with loads of filler. Which one of tge three do yiu think is best?

I'd recommend the last of us series if yiu haven't already played it.

Fallout 4 is one I need to play as well.

Last edited:
Back