Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
I'll start with this since it could relate to the extended maintenance. I believe none of our profile progress data (cars in the garage, credits on hand, license and mission progress, etc.) is ever stored on the console but is on their servers and the game fetches only what's needed next during the loading screens. It's just loaded into RAM as needed when needed. This would perhaps explain
I can confirm that you can access you garage cars when not connected to the server, so something is stored locally.

If you go into arcade time trial you can initially only select from a fixed range of cars, however once you load into the track, you can use he Settings button to change cars and it gives you access to your own garage.

Thanks for your support. Some people clearly cant be bothered to read the info thats out there, or the previous pages of this thread where its been stated SEVERAL times.
Yet I did say I saw Kaz's tweet that their servers weren't effect when he posted then. Anything could have happened between now and then

Last edited:
Anyone got an email address for PD? I just may be asking them for a full refund as what they have supplied is not as advertised and is not fit for purpose, The law says I am due a full refund in this case as it has only been such a short time from purchase.

Who is the person who decided to update games to a new model yet hasn't got the vision to see the new version IE:GT7 is not GT as we want and love? it is rubbish, Why can't they go back to the best GT games 2 3 4 5 and give us that but updated with GTS stuff and new tracks cars missions etc instead of this rubbish?
Polyphony Digital is the developer of the game, Sony Interactive Entertainment is the publisher, from who you might try to seek for refund. In UK email is : help@uk.playstation.com

MTX & reduced rewards or not - the servers have now been (unplanned) down for over a day. And prevent us from playing the single player mode! For which an internet connection is not absolutely necessary.
Of course, it is not to be expected that the same competence as Microsoft is possible with regard to online support, but Sony / Polyphony should be able to provide us with a game version that is at least 90% working within 24 hours.
After all, we paid 100% for the game and not just 10% for a demo version limited to just under two weeks.

And if it were only the old 1.06 version for the time being and the "new" (1.08?) is handed in later - it doesn't matter.
But they should now immediately allow the community to play again. (Music Rally & Arcarde without a save is just an April Fool's joke)

By now it wouldn't be a surprise if there was only a patch on patch day - so we'll just wait until next Thursday?

However, it is particularly disappointing that there is not even basic information about the probable duration of the outage.
Again, that shouldn't surprise us, because (good) communication was still the strength of Polyphony/Sony

Long live the old PS1/PS2 days!
The UPS man came to the front door with the game and from now on you could play until you drop.
No server failure, no patch, no additional costs, no subsequent changes.
The game is what it is and GT was always at least very good at the time!
Today we only get sh.. for a lot of money and it can't even stink.

With the game being so short and lack of content I’m seriously considering returning my copy and getting gt sport? Would anyone recommend it? Or is it just as bad 🤦🏼‍♂️
GT7 still hase more content and it is actually better game IMHO. It just have a bad time with this update, but I hope that due to huge backlash from every source PD will back out with some decisions and make even better game.

I can confirm that you can access you garage cars when not connected to the server, so something is stored locally.

If you go into arcade time trial you can initially only select from a fixed range of cars, however once you load into the track, you can use he Settings button to change cars and it gives you access to your own garage.
I think the reason on why you can access your own cars is probably because that there might be one of those "back-up" save files which stores all the data from the last loading screen, if something like the servers were to go bust or the normal save getting corrupted.

Something like in GT5 and 6.

B80
yeah I was on the line about zero dawn (ps+ version comes with frozen expansion), but was drawn more to series due to ratings/hype around the sequel. consensus seemed to be that I really should play 1st one and not just watched catchup videos.

also drawn to the elden ring as people going nuts about it, love the look of the world, but the fromsoft rep for making ball busting hard games puts me off.
Yeah I‘m sure you will never get the asmosphere, emotions, game pacing etc from the first game by watching catch-up videos. Seeing your first sawtooth, seeing and climbing your first tallneck, seeing your first vantage point and recognising the ruins of old world buildings. I would absolutely recommend to play all the games in order, they aren’t that incredibly long (compared to AC Odyssey & Valhalla for example).

I enjoy open world RPG games and HZD together with AC Origins are my favourites ones. Sidenote: I already own but still need to play Witcher 3 and Red Dead 2. 🙈 Blame my time spent on racing games 😁

Fromsoft / Dark Souls / Elden Ring is something I have absolutely zero interest in. That gothic world / art style just isn’t my thing. Give me the lovely post-post apocalyptic Horizon world or the beautifully recreated Ancient Egypt from AC Origins any day.

Bringing back the performance bonus would be huge. That system was the only reason I played GT Sport as long as I did. It incentivized you to go lower and lower in the performance level of the vehicle you chose for a given race, and paid well if you could beat. Fantastic system and any sane developer that wasn't just out to push MTX's would have built that into their next game.

That system not being here (or a very similar one wherein you get x amount of credits per PP delta) was the first "what the ****" moment I had in GT7.
Definitely agreed , I'm so missing the performance bonus as I enjoyed catching the more powerful cars on the final lap on the final bend and receiving the bonus with the satisfaction that it took skill to catch them up.

I think the reason on why you can access your own cars is probably because that there might be one of those "back-up" save files which stores all the data from the last loading screen, if something like the servers were to go bust or the normal save getting corrupted.

Something like in GT5 and 6.
Yep, if you check the post I was replying to, it shows that all save data isn't held on the server only.

Exactly. I was testing cars on Laguna Seca last night.

Yet I did say I saw Kaz's tweet that their servers weren't effect when he posted then. Anything could have happened between now and then
So you saw the tweet saying the earthquake wasnt the problem, yet you still insisted it was?

Maybe you have the “insider” info!

The rest of us just see a ********** and most likely frantic attempts damage control.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it somewhat amusing how quickly it has tanked (update: now it's 4.2!)

Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 5.00.56 PM.png

Last edited:
So you saw the tweet saying the earthquake wasnt the problem, yet you still insisted it was?

The rest of us just see a ********** and most likely frantic attempts damage control.

Maybe he is secretly kaz 😱😂

Oh ho hoooo. Thanks for that. My 142 cars should be enough to hold me over until you all say the servers are back up. ;) ✌️✌️

The rest of us just see a clusterfluck and most likely frantic attempts damage control.
I saw the tweet and as I said anything could have happened in the past two days. He said

"at this point in time our Polyphony Tokyo Studio and our servers are safe."

That was two days ago. Unless you know different something may have happened and maybe they might have had another earthquake and maybe their servers could have gotten damaged. When he said at this point in time was two days ago.

Oh and I am not insisting anything. I am just guessing it MIGHT be the problem.

Also I'm not surprised to see so many on this forum thinking a GT Game is a cluster ****. Its been like that on this forum since GT5 was released with so many doing nothing but complain about every aspect of the GT games.

Last edited:
Once you buy it from Brand Central you can no longer earn it from the cafe races. So from my perspective, not being able to earn a car from the cafe race if you've already bought it is unfortunately another one of the questionable design choices I have been talking about.
But ive got 2 Demios,1 bought and 1 won,and 2 supra`19,1 won and 1 bought so i deleted the one i bought.
Im unable to access arcade or music rally,it just hangs at a black screen after the server notice,i left it for a while but turned it off after about 15mins of black screen.

It also will only let you use tracks that are already opened from the progress via campaign mode (I only have seven courses available on one of my profiles) and preferences seem to be saved locally as well.

GT7 still hase more content and it is actually better game IMHO. It just have a bad time with this update, but I hope that due to huge backlash from every source PD will back out with some decisions and make even better game.
More content than what? It's the second shortest game in the series, only behind the original. And not even by that much either.

More content than what? It's the second shortest game in the series, only behind the original. And not even by that much either.
By more content ok fairly certain he's referencing cars, circuits, tuning parts and customisation. It's quite well documented by now that in terms of race events and time to complete it's severely lacking.

Honest opinion (from someone who pre-ordered and bought a PS5 25th anniv. edition without a PS5 or PS4 to play it on), if the next Forza Motorsport manages to nail it overall and if Forza Horizon heads to Japan next. Imma gonna buy a new Xbox instead and just keep my unopened GT7 on my shelf.

I'm somewhat relieved I held out against paying double for a PS5 and splurging out even more $$$ for a new steering wheel, playseat and TV. The only thing I bought so far other than GT7 is a new Steelseries headphones which I guess I can use elsewhere.

Last edited:
Back