Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
No but the backlash during that could have woken them up a bit.

Part of me wonders if the combination of the lukewarm fan reception it had from launch, plus the massive backlash during this outage, has pushed them to being quite radical and forced them to implement some other things during this downtime, firstly to expand the game and secondly to apologise for the outage. It's unlikely and I think there's something else going on here but a 24 hour+ outage would be a good excuse to implement some other fixes and features without having to constantly take the game down.

Probably wishful thinking and as others have alluded to, I do wonder if there's been a progression bug that's done some damage and at this point they're in too deep and the relaunch of the server is gonna cost them a lot of players.
I think people are just getting carried away honestly with worst case scenarios.

The patch was online, people downloaded it. PD saw something badly wrong in it, and revoked access to stop people going online with it. Now obviously I don't know what the bug was but clearly it was bad enough that PD didn't feel people should carry on and play the game, unlike the bugs introduced in the last patch. It might have been a bug that crashes the game every time they opened the garage, it might have left all races running at 10fps. I don't know, but clearly it was major. The only way to stop people accessing the game was to put it back in "maintenance" mode.

Now they've got to create a new patch to fix it, submit it to Sony, verify it, and then push it out. That takes time.

The idea that the servers themselves have any issues, or the user data on them, is unlikely. The problem is with whatever was in that 300MB update file that people downloaded.

Last edited:
In Ace Combat 5 your squadron has 4 members. If you think about it, every AC game it's either only you alone or a squadron with 5+ members. AC5 is the only one with 4 members and the only one where you actually lose someone from on your squadron (well, there's PJ but that's a different story).

There's something similar in AC 7. In the 3rd mission you're reinforcing a squadron of 4. In total, there are 9 allied planes with you.
In a suprise attack that no one was expecting, the superweapon Arsenal Bird enters the battlefield raining death upon everything. One particular member of that squadron made out of 4 is specifically targeted from an enemy Ace.

She tries everything. Left and right, up and down, but she just can't shake the enemy. At some point you can hear her in the radio in pure agony, crying for support, but, well, she died.

Then, in mission 4, a very important character from AC5 dies.

Also in AC7 you're part of the Spare Squadron, designation 444th Fighter Squadron. Oh, and you also lose 4 members from this squadron. Oh², one of them dies on July 4, together with many others because of a surprise drone attack.

OOOHH DID I SAID THAT YELLOW 4, THE "GIRLFRIEND" OF AC04 "ANTAGONIST", DIES BY YOUR OWN HANDS??

200.gif

So glad you made it clear it was ace combat at the start, other wise I’d of been very confused and thought I’d of missed an assassins creed game 😂

I’m honestly convinced the saved game files have been corrupted or something at this point.
I was able to login yesterday morning after update 1.07 and it was fine. The only thing I could do was check the legend cars (there was a Ferrari Pinin Farina replacing the Shelby GT) before the servers went offline again. So hopefully the saves are okay.

I think people are just getting carried away honestly with worst case scenarios.

The patch was online, people downloaded it. PD saw something badly wrong in it, and revoked access to stop people going online with it. Now obviously I don't know what the bug was but clearly it was bad enough that PD didn't feel people should carry on and play the game, unlike the bugs introduced in the last patch. It might have been a bug that crashes the game every time they opened the garage, it might have left all races running at 10fps. I don't know, but clearly it was major. The only way to stop people accessing the game was to put it back in "maintenance" mode.

Now they've got to create a new patch to fix it, submit it to Sony, verify it, and then push it out. That takes time.

The idea that the servers themselves have any issues, or the user data on them, is unlikely. The problem is with whatever was in that 300MB update file that people downloaded.
Do we know if anyone was able to play 1.07 for a period after tge update?

It’s been down for maintenance for over 24 hours.. some people can play in offline mode some can’t.. have you left it trying to load with the logo? It should eventually say an error and then load up
This is my main issue, I want to at least play single player during these periods. :banghead:

it's like all the great gt5 and even gt6 times exploring the game and cars is gone now... because the game is under construction 90% of the time.

All because PD can't risk any modding or whatever. So this means we cannot play the game at all most of the time.

All videogames I've ever bought and played on playstation could be used whenever I wanted. Now we've got a game that cannot be played...

Last edited:
B80
Do we know if anyone was able to play 1.07 for a period after tge update?
I only got to see High Speed Ring and Autopolis updated payouts. Went to my garage to switch cars on the thought to buy parts and got booted from my garage.

Agreed. I don't think they need to do the whole patch verification thing though. The upside to always online server based games like this is that patches can just be put out at server level rather than it needing to go through verification like other games would. They'd never be able to go weekly updates if each one needed to go through verification.

I think you're right though, it was obviously something catastrophic that couldn't be launched. I still wonder though if while the server/bug gets worked on, other fixes and updates are being worked on as well to get pushed into this update in one hit. And perhaps that's the reason for the extended delay beyond the catastrophic fix.

Agreed. I don't think they need to do the whole patch verification thing though. The upside to always online server based games like this is that patches can just be put out at server level rather than it needing to go through verification like other games would. They'd never be able to go weekly updates if each one needed to go through verification.

I think you're right though, it was obviously something catastrophic that couldn't be launched. I still wonder though if while the server/bug gets worked on, other fixes and updates are being worked on as well to get pushed into this update in one hit. And perhaps that's the reason for the extended delay beyond the catastrophic fix.
I'm no expert in the matter but I'm pretty sure Sony has to verify all patches no matter who they come from. The patches are downloaded from Sony PSN servers, not PD.

Im a long GT fan... GT 1,2,3,4,5,PSP,sport,7. I always considered GT series (at least the numbered one) as a RPG with cars, you buy some old rust bucket with honey oil and try to win and progress by beating "bosses" on unscripted races.
There was nothing like this on the market. I was so afraid for this game, mtx, always online, spins... I was so afraid. And now in the span of two days everything bad happened in the perfect "harmony". This is the moment so many game series died.
GT was always supposed to be this rock this foundation for car enthusiasts. Always online, preorder bonuses, high speed bug still not fixed, patch that was game breaking (dirt tires), best momeymaker a dirt "race", the second players started grinding (as you should in gt but not like this) to have nice cars instant nerf, ability to pay money for credits which ties up in very bad way with nerfing credit earning methods, very short campaign, no endurance races... can I ask why? was it really so hard to make new icon pop up on city map after finishing menus and just set up some 40 lap Nurburgring race with nice reward?
And why for the ever loving **** we cannot sell cars? Oh i know why its because of this one race mission in GT4. Im having Elite dangerous flashbacks... Players want to have fun??? Naaaah we cant have that. Its absolutely gut wrenching to see series like GT do thing like this. I dont want forza progression where there is no progression and you are bombarded with everything but I also dont want this. I still have faith but oh boy is it crumbling fast now.

Last edited:
This drama with server maintenance made forum extremely active.
Just look this thread, and there is another one with almost 500 posts.
Oh, yeah, there is another reason: Sony wants money from us...

Oh god all those stupid things PD decided with GT7 hugely backfired now. I hope they will go back with some decisions. I wonder is there a possibility to make more game offline right now or is it too much integrated in the core game.
They're already losing players by the minute. People refunding etc. IF they want to keep what's left of the playerbase, they should revert those asinine decisions and then some! Maybe even boost the payouts.

If they don't do something quick and good, this will be GT's swansong. And a bad one at that.

My favorite part about coming home from my full-time job is hopping on the ol' PS4 and booting up Full Time Job 7. Instead of grinding at work to pay for rent, I can grind around Fisherman's Ranch to pay for a $400,000 used R34.
I feel the same, but don't buy the R34 unless you want it more than once, you'll get it for free during the cafe thing

I feel saddened by GT7. The game just makes me sad now. :guilty:

There was a lot of potential to make a great game, one if not the best in the series but they're ruining it with all these MTXs, and other questionable design choices.
Yeah. Regardless of how/if PD manages to make the required fixes, this will always have a slightly tainted feel about it. GT7 so far doesn't feel like the intention was to make "the most complete Gran Turismo ever".

A thought Ive had with my coffee this morning... It's a long outage so the fix isn't straight forward, what if it ends up being a full career / economy restart for us all? You may now spit your toast/porridge or cereal in rage/disgust rofl

But play has no limits bro.
When it comes to the playstation console then it does have limits because they still don't support Keyboard and Mouse gaming which is why I only play racing games on my Playstation. The day they start supporting keyboard and mouse in most games thats not racing games I will switch to playing the majority of my games on Playstation

GT 7 is getting review bombed on MetaCritic

bomb.png

if you wait 5-10mins on the black screen you'll eventually load into offline mode

It’s been down for maintenance for over 24 hours.. some people can play in offline mode some can’t.. have you left it trying to load with the logo? It should eventually say an error and then load up
Disconnect your PlayStation from the internet, it stops trying to connect and gets you to the 'off-line' content more quickly, not that you will have a lot to do.

You can access your garage cars in Time Trial, but you need to select one of the 13 arcade cars first, and then when you load to track you will be able to change car under settings.

Last edited:
I feel the same, but don't buy the R34 unless you want it more than once, you'll get it for free during the cafe thing
Once you buy it from Brand Central you can no longer earn it from the cafe races. So from my perspective, not being able to earn a car from the cafe race if you've already bought it is unfortunately another one of the questionable design choices I have been talking about.

Back