Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
Anyone got an email address for PD? I just may be asking them for a full refund as what they have supplied is not as advertised and is not fit for purpose, The law says I am due a full refund in this case as it has only been such a short time from purchase.

Who is the person who decided to update games to a new model yet hasn't got the vision to see the new version IE:GT7 is not GT as we want and love? it is rubbish, Why can't they go back to the best GT games 2 3 4 5 and give us that but updated with GTS stuff and new tracks cars missions etc instead of this rubbish?

Once you buy it from Brand Central you can no longer earn it from the cafe races. So from my perspective, not being able to earn a car from the cafe race if you've already bought it is unfortunately another one of the questionable design choices I have been talking about.
Didn't even think about that. Wasn't it so in the early GT's you always got the car and the price money after winning a championship over and over? I could be mistaken though.

Once you buy it from Brand Central you can no longer earn it from the cafe races. So from my perspective, not being able to earn a car from the cafe race if you've already bought it is unfortunately another one of the questionable design choices I have been talking about.
You can still earn it, it just doesn't tell you that there's a race you can do to win it but if you look through them all it's still there

I honestly hope the famous YouTubers and news outlets pick up on this entire fiasco. I don’t wish PD or Sony all the bad things in the world but something like this needs to be brought up and some very negative press would be absolutely deserved right now.

* Game more than 24 hours offline for an update. This is absolutely unacceptable. I work in the software department as well (here in Belgium at Pfizer making COVID and other vaccines). You ALWAYS have a backup plan, ALWAYS! In the worse case scenario and things go really bad (what sure seems to be the case here) you roll everything back to how it was before. Everything back to update 1.06 so people can play the game again. And that is something that PD should have done when there were about 6-8 into their maintenance window.

* Requiring constant online for a mostly singleplayer game is absolutely pathetic. I just read here how GT5 was hacked back in the days and people were messing around with their safe game files. That’s not good, but forcing the game to be online only is not the solution either. If they don’t have the technical expertise to find a decent solution to protect against hackers well then they need to hire more capable staff, it’s honestly as simple as that.

* And then there is the nerfing of credits when it was already very bad before the patch. Combine that with outrageous prices for microtransactions and well… we’ve discussed all that to great lengths already.

Maybe John from Digital Foundry picks up on this, he is a massive fan of game preservation as well and has a strong opinion against these online only games. And I’m sure once YongYea finds out he will surely make a video about it as well. Or if IGN makes a video about it I’m sure that will be the seed that spreads it to other news outlets.

I want this news all over the internet and bad press for PD/Sony! Hopefully that’s the way they learn their lesson, prevent such long maintenance periods in the future and revert (and improve) these pathetic race payout credits. When Forza Motorsport 7 (or was it 6?) started with loot boxes and similar crap, the entire community was in uproar and Microsoft/Turn 10 had to change their course. Honestly these first party studios should SET THE EXAMPLE for the industry in regards to predatory practices. You can expect these pathetic things from EA, Bungie and Ubisoft, but certainly not from Microsoft or Sony owned studios!
I still support PD and Kaz as being put out for a little bit is better than supporting Putin. I think you need to reassess what you think is the problem. Waiting for a game to update and complaining about it is kind of a bit redundant now days.

I multitask and do things away from being online while I wait and also think about what I can do to help others.

I wish you well with your troubles and hope you have a good future

I have a few guesses at what's going on with the down time and some other things based on my experience as a Software Engineer.

Online Requirement
I'll start with this since it could relate to the extended maintenance. I believe none of our profile progress data (cars in the garage, credits on hand, license and mission progress, etc.) is ever stored on the console but is on their servers and the game fetches only what's needed next during the loading screens. It's just loaded into RAM as needed when needed. This would perhaps explain why
  • it tries to connect to their servers first thing (to load into RAM your profile data)
  • offline mode doesn't work in any fashion in relation to your account/progress, like it doesn't even tell you how many credits you have right now (assuming you started the game after maintenance started)
  • starting the game right now takes forever at the initial loading screen to see the main menu

Why do this instead of storing the game data locally and syncing it with the cloud? Several reasons but the biggest being that it gives the developers control of the data since they're hosting the data and not your PS4/5. This can be really important as a developer for longevity of maintenance, the ability to change how/what data is stored and prevent conflicting save data

Extended Downtime
So having been on the receiving end of sever maintenance gone wrong and pulling all-nighters to help my team fix it, there's a lot of things that could cause this. Most likely it's a software/hardware change that can't be reversed, worked as expected when it was tested on the testing servers but went very wrong when they tried to apply the changes to the real servers. Example could be
  • changing the structure of the server data had some issues so they're fixing what went wrong and trying it again
  • they made changes to their server hardware on some hosting platform (Amazon's AWS, Google's GCP, etc.) and it went wrong
  • something as simple as all cars are showing up as costing 0 credits and wanting to fix that before turning off server maintenance mode

Fixing some of these can be hard, if the issue is related to a specific field of study (automation of server architecting or automation of code deployment, etc.) then there may be only a few engineers who have an idea how to fix it and they're working around the clock, possibly having gone without much sleep which can in turn make it harder to solve the problem.

I could cover a lot of other topics like how you can fix a bug that introduces more bugs but I typed a lot already haha. Though I can get into it if anyone's interested.

Reposted this because my last one is hidden for some reason
I read it about 20 minutes ago on a previous page, so it'll be just an error.

I hope that if they do release a GT8 that they will move away from having the single player elements tied to online only. But I'm in no massive hurry because I ordered a Next Level Racing GT Lite lawn chair to replace my old wheel stand. It should in theory be here by wednesday. Hopefully PD will be ok after the earthquake by then to restart the servers

You can still earn it, it just doesn't tell you that there's a race you can do to win it but if you look through them all it's still there
Are you sure about this? I tried earning the R34 after I bought it from the BC and I couldn't earn it. So if this is true then my save must've got bugged. :indiff:

At the moment I'm so far, I'd much rather start a new career now or after my job and play everything I've done over the past few days than wait indefinitely for the game to be playable and online again .

In this way I could even avoid a few "bad investments" :D

Last edited:
In a cheeky follow-up to this post, I present to you a few GTContradictions...

• It wants you to collect cars, but doesn't want to award you the credits needed to do so.

What GTContradictions have you noticed?
It makes you go to GT CAfe to do races to gain rewards of three cars at a time meaning you're getting three free cars each time you do one of those kinds of menus meaning you're collecting free cars

I paid pretty much double the RRP for a PS5 (it's on its way) to play this game... but I'm not so sure anymore. PD have shown they are actively anti-consumer in their fight for microtransaction dollars. You would've though a hallmark PlayStation game like this would have been treated with more respect!
You literally bought a PS5 from an anti consumer scalper if you paid double MSRP for it

Are you sure about this? I tried earning the R34 after I bought it from the BC and I couldn't earn it. So if this is true then my save must've got bugged. :indiff:
I've won cars before when you get the three ticket choice before the next menu level on the list and I always win one of the cars that's available as a prize in the next menu book (do I win the Carrera GT that's an invite item, noooo... go figure :grumpy:). I'm then able to win that same prize car again in that next menu book for that manufacturer.

I don't see why it would be different than purchasing them. It is like @nebXden said that they don't show up in the campaign but if you do the event they end up in your garage... well it did for me anyway.

I've won cars before when you get the three ticket choice before the next menu level on the list and I always win one of the cars that's available as a prize in the next menu book (do I win the Carrera GT that's an invite item, noooo... go figure :grumpy:). I'm then able to win that same prize car again in that next menu book for that manufacturer.

I don't see why it would be different than purchasing them. It is like @nebXden said that they don't show up in the campaign but if you do the event they end up in your garage... well it did for me anyway.
I'll have to retry it once the servers are back up and running. If I am lucky I might be able to win it. Would be nice to have a non-tuned version since I dumped a lot of credits into my R34 trying to make it more competitive in the WTC 700 race.

Jeeeeez

Attachments

• B15EF2FF-3738-455E-942C-A075FD029F35.png
    B15EF2FF-3738-455E-942C-A075FD029F35.png
    106.2 KB · Views: 21
Oh god all those stupid things PD decided with GT7 hugely backfired now. I hope they will go back with some decisions. I wonder is there a possibility to make more game offline right now or is it too much integrated in the core game.
So not hoping for something being better is actually not being so negative.
They're already losing players by the minute. People refunding etc. IF they want to keep what's left of the playerbase, they should revert those asinine decisions and then some! Maybe even boost the payouts.

If they don't do something quick and good, this will be GT's swansong. And a bad one at that.
This is good... keep it up! Not that they will learn. There'd be far more to do than just boosting the payout. There'd be still the chase the rabbit events, braindead AI, lack of variation, etc.

Like nebxden said, you can still earn a free menu book car even if you have it already. I did this for all races available since I don't mind having duplicates. And it's essentially a free car. I'd be stupid to not take the chance :D
However, i don't know if you can still earn the car once the menu book is finished or if you have already gotten all three cars. For safety reasons, I always did the race of the duplicate car first.

Last edited:
However, i don't know if you can still earn the car once the menu book is finished or if you have already gotten all three cars. For safety reasons, I always did the race of the duplicate car first.
This is something I will let you guys know once the servers are back up since I am past the book where you collect the GT-Rs.

I'll have to retry it once the servers are back up and running. If I am lucky I might be able to win it. Would be nice to have a non-tuned version since I dumped a lot of credits into my R34 trying to make it more competitive in the WTC 700 race.
I've still only bought two cars in total but have several duplicates from winning them and that's exactly why I did the extra race regardless of needing to. Now I've got one version of each as a tuner and the other still stock.

Last edited:
I hope that if they do release a GT8 that they will move away from having the single player elements tied to online only. But I'm in no massive hurry because I ordered a Next Level Racing GT Lite lawn chair to replace my old wheel stand. It should in theory be here by wednesday. Hopefully PD will be ok after the earthquake by then to restart the servers
This has nothing to do with the Earthquake.

It’s been down for maintenance for over 24 hours.. some people can play in offline mode some can’t.. have you left it trying to load with the logo? It should eventually say an error and then load up
Thanks! And no, I've waited about 2 mins but closed the app because the fans were super fast and loud.

With the game being so short and lack of content I’m seriously considering returning my copy and getting gt sport? Would anyone recommend it? Or is it just as bad 🤦🏼‍♂️

With the game being so short and lack of content I’m seriously considering returning my copy and getting gt sport? Would anyone recommend it? Or is it just as bad 🤦🏼‍♂️
If you don't mind the barebones singleplayer and heavy focus on esports aka competitive mode, then Sport is perfectly fine. Otherwise, I'd stick with GT7.

Back