Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.07 Now Available: Tire and Progression Bugs Addressed

• Thread starter Famine
  • 2,149 comments
As it stands right now, you need over Cr.277 million to buy one each of 360 of the 424 launch cars, now that you've finished the Cafe take a look at how much you are earning on average a day. How long do you think it's going to take you to own even 3/4 of the cars in the game?

A fair sense of progression once the tiny single-player mode is all people are asking for, to then be collectively labelled as "moaners and complainers" is innacurate and frankly more than a little insulting.

You may have hours a day, every day, for the next 5+ years to dedicate to grinding out the required credits. Many others don't and the glacial rate of earning in GT7, combined with the FOMO design and inability to sell cars, make it all the worse.

These are not moans and complaints for the hell of it, these are perfectly valid issues about a game economy that increasingly looks geared towards pushing MTX's onto people, a feeling only strengthened

This is the new world. In it you have a good game, a really good one, and you broke it just for the money. I think GT7 has take the wrong way. Allright, microtransactions are here to stay. But you can do in a better way. For me it's os to pay a dollar for a car, maybe. It's better for me than spend X hours to get the money. But no the ridiculous amount of around 120 dolars for a jaguar, for example. It's more than the 25y edition itself. There are 424 cars... I don't want to make the calculations...

The Gran Turismo Series is one of the best due to something, and it's not the microtransactions. Of course you can add them, but, please, in a better way.
Correct. Something has gone seriously off track in the gaming industry. Before GT7 came out, I was playing another game, World of Warships. That game in my view was wrecked by greed and microtransactions. Up to 100 euros for 1 ship.

The gaming industry has discovered that you make more money by sleazy business practices than by making a good and honest game. Of course they won't stop this out of themselves, so this will carry on or there will have to be regulation of monetisation schemes.

Technically that’s revenue… profit is revenue (total $ they make) minus expenditures (cost of making the game, discs, employee salaries and benefits, licenses [and that 💩s expensive as it is])
You’d be surprised how expensive it is to make a racing game with licensed cars, music, and tracks (especially Suzuka). It’s easily in the hundreds of millions even for PD. And that’s no joke.
technically that sentence is true. it was not stated that a sale price of 70$ equals 70 in profit. merely that they made their profit at the sale price of 70

also someone said that twc are main driving cost factor… yes ofc, what else would it be. they are making a software, not processing materials or manufacturing tangible goods (physical copies aside, which is very likely outsourced anyway and not PDs main job)

yes, making games is not cheap, but even in 2022 you can make profitable AAA games at retail w/o mtx.

The more they have, the more they want...
Sad world...

Attachments

• main-qimg-7830052218785486080ca9e28c200ec0-lq.jpg
    main-qimg-7830052218785486080ca9e28c200ec0-lq.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 16
Kaz, get your crap together and sort this out. Never thought your GT empire was able to be collapsed so quickly, and due to pure greed. No offline mode for times like now? Very stupid. Wimpy career mode? Bad decision. Grind even harder than ever to collect credits, with the best layout being a frickin dirt race? Insanity. Pay potentially tens of thousands of dollars or euros to get all the cars via real cash? Shame, shame, shame. Kaz and PD leaders should have to walk the Walk of Shame like Cersei did in GoT.

Considering the metacritic scores and reviews alone, it’s already well beyond a PR disaster.
I've always bought PlayStation's for GT but I haven't been able to get a PS5 with their rarity yet. I also haven't got a graphics card in the pc and wondering what I can get for the same money.

To be honest, I'm still annoyed I didn't get to drive a lot of the expensive cars in GTS (through normal gameplay) so I know GT7 is really going to piss me off if it stays as is.

I'm not going to bash the money system or lack of, but I will bash the fact you CANNOT play this game in single player offline for God sakes.

So right now no one can play.

The updates are very long winded and I'm guessing they always have been for gt5-sport....

Which leads to what should be a very obvious question, how often will we actually be able to play?!

Last edited:
24 hours later and the Game ist already unplayable🤕 this is rediculus PD... Please inform your consumers about the PROGRESS that you do or you Not Do... But dont say NOTHING! 😵

I think this is a timeout from either PDI or Sony. Either major shift on economy or big fix on mechanics of the game.

I wouldnt be surpriced if PDI developers hated the microtrasactions and the effect on game economy/balance as much as we do, but its a battle against the publishers and business side. Would like to say "stockholders" here, but dont know if there are actual stockholders affected by the game.

I know Kazunori might be a part of the elite at this point without a sense of common people, but i would like to think he would rather use the game as a tool to bring his beloved car culture to the new generation rather than drive them away with microtransactions and next to impossible car collections in game. He brought the car enthusiasm - especially Japanese cultuse, to masses back in 1997 with Gran Turismo. I dont think he wants to dilute that legacy by business - its his lifes work so far.

I honestly hope the famous YouTubers and news outlets pick up on this entire fiasco. I don’t wish PD or Sony all the bad things in the world but something like this needs to be brought up and some very negative press would be absolutely deserved right now.

* Game more than 24 hours offline for an update. This is absolutely unacceptable. I work in the software department as well (here in Belgium at Pfizer making COVID and other vaccines). You ALWAYS have a backup plan, ALWAYS! In the worse case scenario and things go really bad (what sure seems to be the case here) you roll everything back to how it was before. Everything back to update 1.06 so people can play the game again. And that is something that PD should have done when there were about 6-8 into their maintenance window.

* Requiring constant online for a mostly singleplayer game is absolutely pathetic. I just read here how GT5 was hacked back in the days and people were messing around with their safe game files. That’s not good, but forcing the game to be online only is not the solution either. If they don’t have the technical expertise to find a decent solution to protect against hackers well then they need to hire more capable staff, it’s honestly as simple as that.

* And then there is the nerfing of credits when it was already very bad before the patch. Combine that with outrageous prices for microtransactions and well… we’ve discussed all that to great lengths already.

Maybe John from Digital Foundry picks up on this, he is a massive fan of game preservation as well and has a strong opinion against these online only games. And I’m sure once YongYea finds out he will surely make a video about it as well. Or if IGN makes a video about it I’m sure that will be the seed that spreads it to other news outlets.

I want this news all over the internet and bad press for PD/Sony! Hopefully that’s the way they learn their lesson, prevent such long maintenance periods in the future and revert (and improve) these pathetic race payout credits. When Forza Motorsport 7 (or was it 6?) started with loot boxes and similar crap, the entire community was in uproar and Microsoft/Turn 10 had to change their course. Honestly these first party studios should SET THE EXAMPLE for the industry in regards to predatory practices. You can expect these pathetic things from EA, Bungie and Ubisoft, but certainly not from Microsoft or Sony owned studios!

I think this is a timeout from either PDI or Sony. Either major shift on economy or big fix on mechanics of the game.

I wouldnt be surpriced if PDI developers hated the microtrasactions and the effect on game economy/balance as much as we do, but its a battle against the publishers and business side. Would like to say "stockholders" here, but dont know if there are actual stockholders affected by the game.

I know Kazunori might be a part of the elite at this point without a sense of common people, but i would like to think he would rather use the game as a tool to bring his beloved car culture to the new generation rather than drive them away with microtransactions and next to impossible car collections in game. He brought the car enthusiasm - especially Japanese cultuse, to masses back in 1997 with Gran Turismo. I dont think he wants to dilute that legacy by business - its his lifes work so far.
Or...it's a bug, just like they said. If there was to be any "shift" they wouldn't do it by releasing a patch which did they opposite and then immediately change their minds and close things down for a day unannounced. It's not like the backlash had even picked up much steam by the time the servers went down again.

Last edited:
Wasting away in the northeastern seaboard of the good ol’ US of A. With GT7 down I thought today would be a good day to go outside and enjoy the nice weather, but I didn’t have any. Just cold and rainy. So I sat indoors, loaded up my weather app and stared at the forecast for Key West. 😢
We were in the 70's down South today. I enjoyed quite a few St Patrick's beers on my patio today in perfect weather. It was great.

So yesterday on my PS4 I installed the update but after launching the game I cannot even play, I cannot see the menu, all I see is a black screen with a loading GT logo. Am I the only one? Because I see others playing in offline mode. Thank you in advance!

B80
just started the 1st one via ps+ as sounds like you should play first one before the sequel.
Absolutely! I own both games as well and Forbidden West is a direct sequel to Zero Dawn. I’m still playing ZD as well. So indeed start with Zero Dawn, then Frozen Wilds, then Forbidden West.

Also Forbidden West is the better game in about all aspects from what I heard, but Zero Dawn has that initial setting. No matter how much better Forbidden West is, it will never redo the first impression of this fascinating world the way Zero Dawn does.

Or...it's a bug, just like they said. If there was to be any "shift" they wouldn't do it by releasing a patch which did they opposite and then immediately change their minds and close things down for a day unannounced. It's not like the backlash had even picked up much steam by the time the servers went down again.
No but the backlash during that could have woken them up a bit.

Part of me wonders if the combination of the lukewarm fan reception it had from launch, plus the massive backlash during this outage, has pushed them to being quite radical and forced them to implement some other things during this downtime, firstly to expand the game and secondly to apologise for the outage. It's unlikely and I think there's something else going on here but a 24 hour+ outage would be a good excuse to implement some other fixes and features without having to constantly take the game down.

Probably wishful thinking and as others have alluded to, I do wonder if there's been a progression bug that's done some damage and at this point they're in too deep and the relaunch of the server is gonna cost them a lot of players.

Absolutely! I own both games as well and Forbidden West is a direct sequel to Zero Dawn. I’m still playing ZD as well. So indeed start with Zero Dawn, then Frozen Wilds, then Forbidden West.

Also Forbidden West is the better game in about all aspects from what I heard, but Zero Dawn has that initial setting. No matter how much better Forbidden West is, it will never redo the first impression of this fascinating world the way Zero Dawn does.

yeah I was on the line about zero dawn (ps+ version comes with frozen expansion), but was drawn more to series due to ratings/hype around the sequel. consensus seemed to be that I really should play 1st one and not just watched catchup videos.

also drawn to the elden ring as people going nuts about it, love the look of the world, but the fromsoft rep for making ball busting hard games puts me off.

Last edited:
So yesterday on my PS4 I installed the update but after launching the game I cannot even play, I cannot see the menu, all I see is a black screen with a loading GT logo. Am I the only one? Because I see others playing in offline mode. Thank you in advance!
if you wait 5-10mins on the black screen you'll eventually load into offline mode

It’s been down for maintenance for over 24 hours.. some people can play in offline mode some can’t.. have you left it trying to load with the logo? It should eventually say an error and then load up

Last edited:
No, it's not. The opposite is the case: 7 is considerered a lucky number.
The numbers 4 and 9 are unlucky numbers in Japan due to their pronunciation, 4 being very close to the pronunciation of "shi" (death) and 9 being close to "ku" (agony).
That's also why there is a very well-known F1 track record of Japanese drivers avoiding the number 4 on their car like the plague, like Satoru Nakajima.
In Ace Combat 5 your squadron has 4 members. If you think about it, every AC game it's either only you alone or a squadron with 5+ members. AC5 is the only one with 4 members and the only one where you actually lose someone from on your squadron (well, there's PJ but that's a different story).

There's something similar in AC 7. In the 3rd mission you're reinforcing a squadron of 4. In total, there are 9 allied planes with you.
In a suprise attack that no one was expecting, the superweapon Arsenal Bird enters the battlefield raining death upon everything. One particular member of that squadron made out of 4 is specifically targeted from an enemy Ace.

She tries everything. Left and right, up and down, but she just can't shake the enemy. At some point you can hear her in the radio in pure agony, crying for support, but, well, she died.

Then, in mission 4, a very important character from AC5 dies.

Also in AC7 you're part of the Spare Squadron, designation 444th Fighter Squadron. Oh, and you also lose 4 members from this squadron. Oh², one of them dies on July 4, together with many others because of a surprise drone attack.

OOOHH DID I SAID THAT YELLOW 4, THE "GIRLFRIEND" OF AC04 "ANTAGONIST", DIES BY YOUR OWN HANDS??

200.gif

Back