Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.23 Now Available: Adds New Cars, Menu Books, Races, and Scapes

• Thread starter Famine
  • 805 comments
The Volkswagen ID.R

• If put into reverse it won't remain in reverse.
  • DRS doesn't appear to have any affect on top speed. Unclear on acceleration
  • It's unclear how much effect traction control settings have on the car. Though, it doesn't apply it through the throttle like its ICE counterparts. Except when you're in the grass, then it applies traction control through the throttle.
It's a very odd experience having no gears.

Last edited:
And there goes any semblance of hope that the “exciting” part of the update was actually a super secret surprise.

This is one piss take too many PD
I'm actually starting to think these social media announcements are trolling us on purpose. Teasing us with something exciting and then just revealing 3 cars.

Perhaps the EU media management is out of touch with what's going on at PD, or something ids badly lost in translation.

What a rubbish update. I only care for the Silvia and Volkswagen ID.R, but another VGT? C'mon. Still no ability to sell vehicles and adding lame race events and nothing else.

They are clearly taking the piss at the fanbase. Jerks. I feel so sorry for you lot being so dissapointed with this rubbish game with almost no life in it.

I'm actually starting to think these social media announcements are trolling us on purpose. Teasing us with something exciting and then just revealing 3 cars.

Perhaps the EU media management is out of touch with what's going on at PD, or something ids badly lost in translation.
but these three cars are exciting... So it's not a troll.

And if you're not excited with these cars, you must reconsider your love for Automobile...
(yes, I know, haters will be punch me in 3...2...1...)

If you want a good whiplash, look at the 1.23 patch notes for GT Sport. I honestly have no idea why the rate of content for GT7 went off a cliff compared to what they were pumping out for GTS

Crucially in there:

• 3 new event cards. Not individual races - events - with multiple races in each.
  • Multi-race expansions to 3 other existing event cards.
  • One single-race expansion to another existing event card.

I think the individual races added in that GTS update is triple the amount of new races added in this GT7 update.

Inexcusable.

Last edited:
Nope..... :banghead: , that is one of the few i thought i wouild never need, would never drive it, ....... damnit :lol::lol:
PD is steadily making you buy every car in the game with these extra menus, but some people still think you "don't need all the cars".

Thankfully I have all of them already, thanks to the exploits, but for those who are starting the game now (or just after the exploits) or those who just play the game without looking at the internet... I will feel sorry for them when we eventually get an Extra Menu where you have to collect 3x 20 million cars... and have to wait months because of the LCD rotation, and of course, not having enough credits.
And the best thing? You get a ridiculous ticket for it. 🤡

PD is steadily making you buy every car in the game with these extra menus, but some people still think you "don't need all the cars".

Thankfully I have all of them already, thanks to the exploits, but for those who are starting the game now (or just after the exploits) or those who just play the game without looking at the internet... I will feel sorry for them when we eventually get an Extra Menu where you have to collect 3x 20 million cars... and have to wait months because of the LCD rotation, and of course, not having enough credits.
to be honest... I just ignore those "Extra Menus". I don't really need new engine... I have already gazilions of them after their last "ticket glitch" xD
But those updates are pathetic. Too bad bacuase base of the game is pretty decent, it just need more content. I am making bigger pause in playing it... maybe coming back later will be good idea.

crb easy or hard to gain at tokyo?
Funny, I only touched the walls and not the early braking AI. At least they don’t brake on the driving line. No CRB though. Easy 20 minutes. Day, night, rain. ‘08 GTR was good. To 7 laps FM1. Changed to IW when heavier rain was coming. Finished 45s ahead of AI.

I guess I was right about the Porsche VGT Spyder not being very different compared to the original coupe, as it has the same power, torque and weight than the original, except for a slightly lower pee pee of course.

Hope everyone bought the 550 Spyder already. View attachment 1196172
If not, you'll be waiting until at least mid-November, and more likely after the November Hagerty's gouge (during which it will go back to at least the 5,000,000 it started out at) for your drip-feed engine ticket. The older Spyder sold out of Hagerty's on 9/11. Oh, and you'll be spending 6,230,000 Cr. for that engine ticket (or 6,730,000 Cr. if you bought the Spyder before June).

Brilliance! That's what it is; sheer, unadulterated BRILLIANCE!

At least the other once-every-two-months new extra menu item has its unicorn available at Hagerty's now...for a 5-star Wheel of Despair. That's a "bargain" at "only" 408,000 Cr. (a little less if you bought the C6 ZR1 used or the unicorn C2 before June or won the C7).

Edit - Whoops; used the newer C7 ZR1's price instead of the older one's price...that can be won through the menu books. That's what I get for posting at 4 in the morning.

Last edited:
If not, you'll be waiting until at least mid-November, and more likely after the November Hagerty's gouge (during which it will go back to at least the 5,000,000 it started out at) for your drip-feed engine ticket. The older Spyder sold out of Hagerty's on 9/11. Oh, and you'll be spending 6,230,000 Cr. for that engine ticket (or 6,730,000 Cr. if you bought the Spyder before June).
Yikes.

I can believe that with Polyphony's obsession over visuals three new cars is the best they can do per month.

But six new races, two new Scapes, six Livery Editor decals and some minor changes?

This is dire. Last time I checked Polyphony Digital was a first-party Sony PlayStation studio of 25 years. They're acting like a company of 9 people who thought making an ambitious MMO as their first game is a good idea. Like they're no idea what to do. Now would be a really good time for Polyphony to start looking at feedback at all, and at what their competitors are doing.

I almost feel ashamed for spending €70 on GT7. What was I thinking... :ouch:

True, i know, i do have to buy everything, i have allready alot of them,almost all but still need a few 20 mil cars, and indeed i need them to complete all the menu's, certainly not for the engine ticket, but just for completing

The update won't install, the screen just stays on startscreen calculating the time to install. Again a great update from GT7. Let's hope ACC has a better update. Anyone having this problem and know how to fix it?

Brilliance! That's what it is; sheer, unadulterated BRILLIANCE!

At least the other once-every-two-months new extra menu item has its unicorn available at Hagerty's now...for a 5-star Wheel of Despair. That's a "bargain" at "only" 491,000 Cr. (a little less if you bought the C6 ZR1 used or the unicorn C2 before June).
Yes, that is going to be an expensive engine :lol:, still going to buy the porsche when it's there, but not happy about that :lol:
They made me laugh today so that's good, got 100k for a 5 star ticket :lol:
But thanks for the estimate on the porsche!

My update won't download screen just stays fixed. Anyone having this problmem. How do I fix it? GT7 does keep disappoint there community
This is a problem with your console or internet, not with GT7.

GT7 does a lot wrong, but randomly not download updates is not one of those things.

waiting.png

Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

Imagine when they decided to make you buy one of the 20 million cars :lol:

So I bought cars, luckily I had enough (4.500.000 left from engine bonanza, now I have only 1.500.000). I got tickets - 100k and some engine. 441/442 cars - I still don't have this Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Lungo Berlinetta for 20.000.000. Not sure if I missed it again or it didn't show because of the messed up rotation by PD. Anyway - farming 20.000.000 for this one will be a painful experience.

Zero incentive to set up my rig to play. See you in next update.

Last edited:
Of course i don't have the old Porsche. Naturally it's price will at least double at the next LCD-itteration. :rolleyes:

PD, what are you doing!? The 5-Star-Ticket you get for the Corvette-Menu is an invitation for Pagani, which i already have. It really can't get worse at this point! A 5-year old could not make that bad game-design-choices! :odd::mad:

The terrible understeer due to lack of steering angle with DS4+stick steer operation that has plagued me for the last month and was my reason for not playing this game does not seem to have improved at all.

...adding S14 was the best thing they could have done, and I could say as many words of praise for PD as I want. But I am forced to take another month off from this game.
Hopefully the October update will improve it.😥

Back