Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.23 Now Available: Adds New Cars, Menu Books, Races, and Scapes

• Thread starter Famine
  • 805 comments
View attachment 1196198

Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office
So many great tracks and still so few events on them.... and their rewards are still for laughs....

Last edited:
I still prefer these free minimalist dripfeeds over an alternative of season passes & DLC packs.

The lesser of two evils (only just but still).
Don't care about engines or tickets, so not bothered if I don't already have the cars for the menus. They can stay uncompleted.
Those aren't mutually exclusive things. It's not either "bare minimum every 30 days" or "paid content".

Look at GT Sport updates. Even PD has done it better. Nobody would complain if the updates were even half as substantial as a monthly Sport update.

And Monza... Monza only has 1 race as well.

How can these two highly historic tracks not have more races going for them?

Tokyo Expressway on the other hand has like 10...
So next update will be the collection of 3 iconic ferrari's on Monza, there goes the credits :lol: :lol:
But this track should indeed have gotten more love, it's a great track!

Honestly, never looked at some of the widebody upgrades. This must be a first. Adds the aero parts from the K’S Aero. Allows aero adjustment in car settings. Also lowering PP for. 476 to 467.
1664445227642.png

Those aren't mutually exclusive things. It's not either "bare minimum every 30 days" or "paid content".

Look at GT Sport updates. Even PD has done it better. Nobody would complain if the updates were even half as substantial as a monthly Sport update.
Yes they would. They would find something.

It should be clear by now that this is the GT7 update pattern, it's not going to change or improve. The single player portion of the game is pretty much done. Updates are just to stretch out the GAAS lifespan and keep up the engaged userbase numbers. Same thing with the Legends dealers, keeps people logging in (especially when they mix up the schedule so you can't predict exactly when a car will appear).

I'll take my 3 monthly cars (even the VGT ones) and spend time online instead doing TTs and GTWS. I have sympathy for those waiting for an improved career, but they will have a long wait.

Yes they would. They would find something.

It should be clear by now that this is the GT7 update pattern, it's not going to change or improve. The single player portion of the game is pretty much done. Updates are just to stretch out the GAAS lifespan and keep up the engaged userbase numbers. Same thing with the Legends dealers, keeps people logging in (especially when they mix up the schedule so you can't predict exactly when a car will appear).

I'll take my 3 monthly cars (even the VGT ones) and spend time online instead doing TTs and GTWS. I have sympathy for those waiting for an improved career, but they will have a long wait.
People complain because they have no goodwill with PD as the game and the updates are barebones to a ridiculous degree.

Of course "nobody" is a slight hyperbole, but the evidence is right there. Community reception to GTS updates was leagues ahead of GT7s reception, because the updates are good and addressed the holes in the game. I have no reason to believe that GT7 wouldn't be received the same way if the updates were of a similar caliber.

The terrible understeer due to lack of steering angle with DS4+stick steer operation that has plagued me for the last month and was my reason for not playing this game does not seem to have improved at all.
Did you change the Countersteering Assistance from strong to weak?

Following update I decided to do PP800 Sardegna event for a little cash, instantly found that my go to car for this race felt 'different' and I span out on the first corner, sitting in the gravel with my foot off the accelerator the engine was 'stuttering' constantly and moving back onto the track the car started to accelerate with no throttle input. My wheel setup is a CSL DD pro, with the V.2 McLaren wheel and V3 pedals. Everything was working perfectly yesterday but now everything is screwed up. I restarted my PS5, checked for new firmware for the wheel and pedals etc but nothing has changed. Has anyone had this issue or similar?

UPDATE: Tested on ACC, AC and F1 2021 and had no problems with 'phantom' throttle inputs

Last edited:
Love the ID.R it's a lot of fun to drive at the Nordschleife that's for sure. I was surprised to see we could make some changes to the car. Only the side skirts can be altered by one item, that's it for the aero department though. Looks cool with it. A great selection of rims, a sidewall tire option, all tires can be fitted except dirt. Power restrictor and ballast are available and drift handbrake. You can make a custom livery too. Add a number, windshield banner, and driver name. I reckon someone could make a Batmobile livery car looks great in black just add the yellow Batman logo lol and a stealth livery could work well. I really like how the battery is different from other cars in the game; it basically doesn't drain. Makes it more enjoyable to drive fast laps. Overall it drives really awesome and it's a lot of fun to drive as previously mentioned.

Last edited:
The Suzuki Cappuccino with the RX7 engine swap and my tune in the video may simultaneously be the best wheelie, jelly, and burnout car in the game.
I wonder if it can be used to complete the Human Comedy race. The fuel economy on that engine should come in handy.

If not, you'll be waiting until at least mid-November, and more likely after the November Hagerty's gouge (during which it will go back to at least the 5,000,000 it started out at) for your drip-feed engine ticket. The older Spyder sold out of Hagerty's on 9/11. Oh, and you'll be spending 6,230,000 Cr. for that engine ticket (or 6,730,000 Cr. if you bought the Spyder before June).

Brilliance! That's what it is; sheer, unadulterated BRILLIANCE!

At least the other once-every-two-months new extra menu item has its unicorn available at Hagerty's now...for a 5-star Wheel of Despair. That's a "bargain" at "only" 491,000 Cr. (a little less if you bought the C6 ZR1 used or the unicorn C2 before June).
I am really glad I don't care about collecting all the cars or a lame engine ticket I'll never use.

I hope you already did the Neoclassical Challenge - the Praiano 800 PP 962 C which I used on the GTP account is now 814.23 PP, and using power to get it down under 800 PP knocks it from 600 HP to 516 PP. Somehow I doubt the AI Group C cars suffered the same fate.

On the other hand, the Praiano 800 PP Escudo with which I struggled to do the Neoclassical Challenge on the Plus account is down to 749.88 PP, and I can take the power limiters all the way off to get the HP up from 644 HP to 981 PP. Of course, if memory serves, it was a fuel hog at 644 HP, so adding over 300 HP back to the mix won't help matters.

As for the BOP changes @tankuroded found, that's exactly the behavior of every real-world racing series that use BOP for mid-season adjustments. Of course, in the real world, it's because manufacturers and teams figure out a new configuration that's faster than everybody else, while here it's because a certain set of drivers get too used to a certain car because configurations, other than tire selection, fuel map and brake balance are fixed.

Last edited:
And where is the new track ???
We've already established that new track layout(s)/a new track are an every-other-month thing, and we got new track layouts last month. Now, if we don't get a new track (or at least new layouts) next month, then start complaining about that.
My update won't download screen just stays fixed. Anyone having this problmem. How do I fix it? GT7 does keep disappoint there community
Let me guess - you have a PS4. For some reason, the PS4 version on my PS5 didn't auto-update.

So I bought cars, luckily I had enough (4.500.000 left from engine bonanza, now I have only 1.500.000). I got tickets - 100k and some engine. 441/442 cars - I still don't have this Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Lungo Berlinetta for 20.000.000. Not sure if I missed it again or it didn't show because of the messed up rotation by PD. Anyway - farming 20.000.000 for this one will be a painful experience.

Zero incentive to set up my rig to play. See you in next update.
That Alfa was set to be the next car up when 1.20 skipped it and 21 other cars. There's still 14 cars, plus the two August Hagerty's additions, to slot between what's there now and it, so we'll see it in 3-4 weeks.

Love the ID.R it's a lot of fun to drive at the Nordschleife that's for sure. I was surprised to see we could make some changes to the car. Only the side skirts can be altered by one item, that's it for the aero department though. Looks cool with it. A great selection of rims, a sidewall tire option, all tires can be fitted except dirt. Power restrictor and ballast are available and drift handbrake. You can make a custom livery too. Add a number, windshield banner, and driver name. I reckon someone could make a Batmobile livery car looks great in black just add the yellow Batman logo lol and a stealth livery could work well. I really like how the battery is different from other cars in the game; it basically doesn't drain. Makes it more enjoyable to drive fast laps. Overall it drives really awesome and it's a lot of fun to drive as previously mentioned.
Useless car for events with gasoline consumption 😔

Last edited:
Nope I have a PS5 with GT7 for PS5. I try everything but won't start the update and can't play the game.
That bites. Did you try:
  • Restarting the PS5
  • Launching GT7 (launching the PS4 version got my PS5 to finally download the PS4 version)

Back