Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.23 Now Available: Adds New Cars, Menu Books, Races, and Scapes

• Thread starter Famine
  • 805 comments
Did you change the Countersteering Assistance from strong to weak?
All assists are turned off except ABS.
Oddly enough, this occurs regardless of the car or tuning. (Even a stock S14 exhibited this phenomenon)

And since other games, and GT7 before the August update, were played without problems, it is unlikely that the DS4 is at fault.
There are similar reports on twitter, and in other threads here, so it's not just me... :confused:

I hope you already did the Neoclassical Challenge - the Praiano 800 PP 962 C which I used on the GTP account is now 814.23 PP, and using power to get it down under 800 PP knocks it from 600 HP to 516 PP. Somehow I doubt the AI Group C cars suffered the same fate.

On the other hand, the Praiano 800 PP Escudo with which I struggled to do the Neoclassical Challenge on the Plus account is down to 749.88 PP, and I can take the power limiters all the way off to get the HP up from 644 HP to 981 PP. Of course, if memory serves, it was a fuel hog at 644 HP, so adding over 300 HP back to the mix won't help matters.

As for the BOP changes @tankuroded found, that's exactly the behavior of every real-world racing series that use BOP for mid-season adjustments. Of course, in the real world, it's because manufacturers and teams figure out a new configuration that's faster than everybody else, while here it's because a certain set of drivers get too used to a certain car because configurations, other than tire selection, fuel map and brake balance are fixed.
Happened in the previous update with the F1 GTR Longtail I use at Spa. What I did was putting 9 kg of ballast all the way to the car's front. I did the same with the CLK, but can't remember how many kgs I put in it.

That bites. Did you try:
  • Restarting the PS5
  • Launching GT7 (launching the PS4 version got my PS5 to finally download the PS4 version)
Yes I have, won't start with download. ACC plays with no problem but don't have the update or is that later on?
The images is what I see and where the PS5 stays doing nothing.

Attachments

• IMG_2807.jpg
    IMG_2807.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 12
People really complain a lot..., i think the major update to GT7 will come next year arround FM8 launch date.

We all know how some things need improvement but in the end i dont know any other game that receive monthly updates/"content" at same pace compared to GT7...
The issue its that some basic stuff could already be added, but like i meantioned think PD will leave a major update/DLC arround FM8 release date.

Yes I have, won't start with download. ACC plays with no problem but don't have the update or is that later on?
The images is what I see and where the PS5 stays doing nothing.
Looks like a problem with the European Playstation servers. Are you able to get to the PS store from the PS5?

I don't know what time the ACC update is coming out as I don't have that.

Last edited:
I was having a weird issue yesterday where, whenever I tried to open up a lobby an unexpected error occurred when I was typing a Room Name. So it made it impossible for me to open a room and practice. I hope they fixed that. I tried everything and didn't help.

Last edited:
People really complain a lot..., i think the major update to GT7 will come next year arround FM8 launch date.

We all know how some things need improvement but in the end i dont know any other game that receive monthly updates/"content" at same pace compared to GT7...
The issue its that some basic stuff could already be added, but like i meantioned think PD will leave a major update/DLC arround FM8 release date.
..and what if they don't? Are people allowed to complain then, or will you add a new deadline to guess at?

If PD actually gave a genuine plan for the future, people might be less inclined to complain.

Last edited:
..and what if they don't? Are people allowed to complain then, or will you add a new deadline to guess at?

If PD actually gave a genuine plan for the future, people might be less inclined to complain.
This. Coming from the FGC where DLC(paid mind you) is not only the norm but expected they always layout very nice roadmaps and pretty rigid plans of when and what is coming. Of course there're still complaints and backlash and people boycotting the game, but I feel it's a lot easier to feel that way when you know months to a year in advance what youre getting[or not in some cases] isnt what you want. shrugs

Anyway as a Silvia[and its sisters] lover, im digging the update.

Wow. This update is worse than I thought. I don't have a very positive outlook for GT7 anymore. Six months in and there is very, very little to show for it.

I guess it's time to build a PC and get Assetto Corsa...Anyone selling a GTX 2070? :D

I dont know, i just play games since the 80s and in the late 90s early 20s i was already playing online games and MMORpgs that rely on content updates to keep playerbase...
Its just that recent generations are so dependent and spoiled that it hurts..., of course we can complain and point the flaws in a game...

But name a game.., doesnt need to be a racing game, that receive monthly updates/content like GT7 does...

I was guessing about a major update arround a big launch nothing more, is what makes sense in terms of marketing.
Probably a single player campaign could be added.
All the other stuff we talk about in other topics are being corrected.., and will added new features, lobbys fixes and features and so on.

Its not ideal and for shure many things and choices that PD made are really odd, i was expecting more also...
But we now some months ahead of launch, we all know the normal "roadmap", PD use it on GTS and ts using it now, its a mistake to point exact dates in this undustry concerning roadmaps...

Last edited:

Gt sport got more in monthly updates than this games has.

People complain because they have no goodwill with PD as the game and the updates are barebones to a ridiculous degree.

Of course "nobody" is a slight hyperbole, but the evidence is right there. Community reception to GTS updates was leagues ahead of GT7s reception, because the updates are good and addressed the holes in the game. I have no reason to believe that GT7 wouldn't be received the same way if the updates were of a similar caliber.
I personally don't believe it makes sense that argument that PD is saving for the next game. Unless they plan to release the next game in a very short time, 3 years max, then there's no reason to not add more cars per month, specially when all the cars should be ported over to GT8 anyways.

If we assume GT8 releases in 4 years, then we could get 2 years of consistent updates of atleast 6 cars per month, for a total of 144 cars, and the next 2 years they would model cars for GT8, which at the same rate, would give us 144 new cars over everything we already had in GT7.

We know they can do atleast 70 cars per year, so why not just do it? 6 cars per month gives us double the chance of getting a car we actually like/want.

Gt sport got more in monthly updates than this games has.
Fair Point to raise but GTSport had much less content at launch. I put hundreds of hours in GT7 and I am no where close to experiencing even half the content.

There's nothing in the new update that interests me. I'm only posting because I think Sony/PD should have the opinions of all customers and potential repeat buyers of what they might try to sell. Potential buyers. Right now I'm thinking I'll be very slow and cautious before I buy GT8 or a PS5. I'll read a lot of reviews and forum posts before I lay out any of my hard-earned cash.

I hate electric cars. I like internal combustion engines that make ear-shattering noise.

Imagine when they decided to make you buy one of the 20 million cars :lol:
The talking heads would start telling you about the MTX and how good of an idea it seems because you can have the car now. Then maybe they will give you a brief history of car loans with static images of those little one man offices used car dealers use.

Back