Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.26 is Now Available: Adds Road Atlanta and Car Selling Feature

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 943 comments
Ah yes, the SR20VE! I couldn't remember what the heck the engine code was. So disappointed I didn't rescue the car, but after he looked at it, he said I wouldn't have wanted it. It had rusted into swiss cheese I guess. He was the first person out of any of us to get a car and I remember being huddled around his driveway, at night, in the winter, because why would any rational human being do car work when its sunny and warm 🤦‍♂️ ..trying to swap that engine as teenagers.

So yea, hopefully the Dec update is 3 old Nissans. I think people would love it 😏
Early Nissan's are not good with rust. I'm pretty sure mine was a California car all of it's life and is rust free underneath, but there is a spot on the passenger side a-pillar that will need some attention. Thankfully it shouldn't spread much or get worse since I am in Arizona.

@hyperspeed980 Would love a Pulsar GTi-R for sure. Would love a B13 Sunny or Sentra SE-R as they were in the States. A rare car to add would be the NX1600/2000 which both of my closest friends had. The one friend just junked the NX2000 within the last month and it was his first car. Blasphemous. Wanted to give it to me for free but I didn't have to time or money to drive up there and rescue it. He swapped an SR20 Neo VVL into it and then its been rotting away in his driveway for the last 15+ years. Most people have never even heard of them lol Don't know if they existed in Japan as some sort've Pulsar 🤔
Pulsar gti-r sounds good

Allthough I have learnt how to avoid the maniac driving quite ok, I do think upping the payout on some 'special' events will also up the maniac driver count.

Is there any reason why you call it a ‘big’ update? Has it been confirmed to be, as I was just under the impression it was a typical monthly update.
Well, big update is of course an understatement. I meant big because we get a new track and apparently a bunch of temporarily events with bigger payouts. It's a typical monthly update but hopefully with more content then 2 extra menus to complete.

Well, big update is of course an understatement. I meant big because we get a new track and apparently a bunch of temporarily events with bigger payouts. It's a typical monthly update but hopefully with more content then 2 extra menus to complete.
I think in terms of the core game, the only additional events will be a typical 3 new menu books and/or 3 extra menu books. I do think there will be some 25th anniversary stuff (not counting the increased payouts and limited time events here) but it’ll likely be things like additional scapes (PD HQ?) and maybe some 25th Anniversary decals in the livery editor!

I’m typically an optimist, but the previous updates have slowly chipped away at that! 😂

What about the CLK GTR LM then?

iTs a sTrEeT vErSiOn oF a race no one but rich americans give a crap about anymore.

We have ENOUGH Nissans in GT. In all shapes and sizes.
Yeah, I would love to have it.

You didn't get my point. I was trying to make you understand that there's a huge difference between having all the Silvia's, regular production cars without any "exception"

And having cars like the :

Toyota GT1 street version, Nissan R390LM street version, Nismo GTR-LM street version, Lotus Elise GT1 street version

All cars that existed in Gran Turismo and that was not just a "replicated"

There's where a must, because the manufacturer had to do those cars in order to race in Le mans (GT1)

These are iconic cars that are worth millions.

The Silvia is just a Silvia...

Yeah, I would love to have it.

You didn't get my point. I was trying to make you understand that there's a huge difference between having all the Silvia's, regular production cars without any "exception"

And having cars like the :

Toyota GT1 street version, Nissan R390LM street version, Nismo GTR-LM street version, Lotus Elise GT1 street version

All cars that existed in Gran Turismo and that was not just a "replicated"

There's where a must, because the manufacturer had to do those cars in order to race in Le mans (GT1)

These are iconic cars that are worth millions.

The Silvia is just a Silvia...
Yes, those racecars are awesome, cant argue with that!

Looking at the game as it is, I'd just rather have PD working on the issues at hand instead of new content. The cars you listed would make a great Nissan DLC, I think. That would be very welcome and appreciated - after the game itself has been worked on.

More cars you have no reason to drive
True.
I've wasted hours of my precious time and MILLIONS of credits in upgrading cars that just sit in my garage for nothing.
Widebodies, wheels, mufflers, suspensions and liveries. All to make them look cool...and wait that one day PD let us use all of them in Sport Mode.
Just because I was sick of never using those cars, last week I took the GT40 to Race A (Tokyo). One time. It wasn't competitive against the 2-3 cars that everybody takes every time, and nobody has a decent setup for it and for that specific track.
That is why Forza Motorsport is miles ahead in terms of fun and multiplayer experience. It lets you use all your favourite cars on all tracks online and there are always plenty of users uploading good setups for any car in the game and even specifically for acceleration, top speed, all around or even a specific track --> This is another plus...the fact that you can upload and download setup files directly in the game and rate them so that any player would know if the setup is good or not. GT still doesn't have that. FM had it 14 years ago. Fourteen. Meditate on that...

About the track:
I'm really hyped....but the problem is that PD will let this hype die out pretty fast because they don't have a proper matchmaking system with tracks in continuous rotation.
Here's what is going to happen, just like what happened with Watkins Glen: Road Atlanta will show up for a week in either Race A, B or C. The same race for 7 days straight, same track (with no variety), using the same 2 or 3 cars (the most competitive). It gets tedious every time. It will also show up for 2 weeks in the Time Trial. That's it. Move on to another track and you won't see the previous one for months.

Last edited:
Exactly

There's so much better iconic Japanese car, I rather wait to get a Nismo 400R or Nismo GTR-LM then another Silvia.

SilEighty 1998
Silvia S13 Qs 1988
Silvia S13 Ks Dia Selection 1990
Silvia S14 Ks Type S 1994
Silvia S15 Spec R Aero 2002

Is more than enough, and it's really frustrating to get another Silvia again.

Looking at the picture, I tough it was going to be the Mercedes 190E Evo II that would have been great with the Ford Sierra

A lot of ppl were happy to create a custom DTM championship.

But no... PD had to be lazy.
Lets not only rant about the obvious Silvia situation. Perhaps everyone at PD thinks it was a worldwide hit and some kind of an icon, so priority was given to bringing in only Silvias till eternity. Something else besides the laziness of bringing in a similar model every update is happening and we are letting these hacks get away with it.
The BMW M2 Competition. Its a bloody great car on its own and a car I'd buy in reality if I could only earn enough credits out here. But, its the sister car to a car already represented in-game. The Supra. Now, call me silly, but with the Silvia copy and paste and the M2 being a rebodied Supra, well, is it not obvious that the development team at PD are utterly lazy?
I really am excited for the update, but, I'm afraid it will take 5 years before all vehicles and tracks from previous games are incorporated in GT7.
Personally, that's not acceptable. Or is it folks?

Lets not only rant about the obvious Silvia situation. Perhaps everyone at PD thinks it was a worldwide hit and some kind of an icon, so priority was given to bringing in only Silvias till eternity. Something else besides the laziness of bringing in a similar model every update is happening and we are letting these hacks get away with it.
The BMW M2 Competition. Its a bloody great car on its own and a car I'd buy in reality if I could only earn enough credits out here. But, its the sister car to a car already represented in-game. The Supra. Now, call me silly, but with the Silvia copy and paste and the M2 being a rebodied Supra, well, is it not obvious that the development team at PD are utterly lazy?
I really am excited for the update, but, I'm afraid it will take 5 years before all vehicles and tracks from previous games are incorporated in GT7.
Personally, that's not acceptable. Or is it folks?
M2? Supra? Reckon you're getting mixed up with the Z4, lad.

Also, the Silvia is an icon.

Errrr.....
M2? Supra? Reckon you're getting mixed up with the Z4, lad.

Also, the Silvia is an icon.
Yeah, this. The M2 and the Supra are not even remotely related.

I was just thinking last night, it would be nice to be able to arrange my favourited cars. There’s so many cars and without the ability to sell cars or sort them that way sometimes I miss cars I enjoy driving but forget I even had them.

I don’t mean sort by pp or manufacturer. I mean like how you press and hold on an iPad and sort and rearrange your icons. With 400 cars that would be a much welcomed feature. I have favourited cars but the list is still huge.

Either way always looking forward to an update because any new content and possible fixes is welcome in my book. But the cars teased in the update don’t excite me at all.

It seems like Road Atlanta will have rain and day/night cycle. I mean I could be wrong, but on Corvette screen it looks like the track is wet
Yeah they mention the Petit Le Mans in the post, so 24hr cycle should be a sure thing. I thought at first the shot of the Corvette was in the wet, but I don't think it is, from looking at the rest of the track, just lights shining hard on the surface I'm afraid.

But that doesn't mean we won't get weather, I sure hope we do.

Still no new features they deem worthy of including in the trailer or articles.

I could be wrong of course, but I still don't think they're going to relegate major features (like car selling) to only being mentioned in the patch notes.

EDIT: So I was right, it is in this article

Track certainly looks good though, and full weather/time for once.

Last edited:
Still no new features they deem worthy of including in the trailer or articles.

I could be wrong of course, but I still don't think they're going to relegate major features (like car selling) to only being mentioned in the patch notes.

Track certainly looks good though, and full weather/time for once.
Rain confirmed ?

Selling cars is coming!

I'm surprised I'm about to say this, but..
Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back