Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.26 is Now Available: Adds Road Atlanta and Car Selling Feature

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 943 comments
Only with the GT7 community will you have people complaining that they have to play through the game to play through the game.
I bought this game and I actually have to play through it and progress in order to complete it?! What is this? I should just have everything I paid for when I bought it! Everything, now. Or the bunny gets it...

to those who have doubt about if we shall sell the gift cars.. I think those leaked screens from Nenkai show that gift cars can be sold, but something else can't... Don't remember but I'm positive we will be able to sell gift car

Imagine if in the patch notes, you see something along the lines of this:

"Please note that while gift cars can be sold, cars that have been earned through Extra Menu #2 cannot be sold."

Would be next-level hating for all the NSX Gr. B aficionados. :lol:
Gifts obtained through exploits will have a zero value

(It doesn't say that anywhere, just me joking)

to those who have doubt about if we shall sell the gift cars.. I think those leaked screens from Nenkai show that gift cars can be sold, but something else can't... Don't remember but I'm positive we will be able to sell gift car
Got a link for that screenshot, friend? Missed it

Only with the GT7 community will you have people complaining that they have to play through the game to play through the game.
You are doing mental gymnastics right now.

In what other game do you have to complete whole campaign to sell your stuff? Do you need to finish campaign in any game with selling before selling stuff to NPC? Maybe in some gacha games but not a single title comes to my mind.

It isn't the problem for me because I have finished everything but I can understand why some players aren't happy about it.

Last edited:
Imagine if in the patch notes, you see something along the lines of this:

"Please note that while gift cars can be sold, cars that have been earned through Extra Menu #2 cannot be sold."

Would be next-level hating for all the NSX Gr. B aficionados. :lol:
I'm here... 😂😂😂

Last edited:
Do you need to finish Skyrim before selling stuff to NPC?
It certainly helps if you've repeatedly sold things for way below their indicated value (as well as reading Skill books and passing the very rare Skill checks) in order to boost your Speech level to get better prices and unlock Perks that disable other value nerfs.

Imagine GT7 only offering you 4% of the car's value because you haven't sold enough cars yet to get a decent trade-in price. Or use better examples.

You are doing mental gymnastics right now.

In what other game do you have to complete whole campaign to sell your stuff? Do you need to finish Skyrim before selling stuff to NPC? Maybe in some gacha games but not a single title comes to my mind.

It isn't the problem for me because I have finished everything but I can understand why some players aren't happy about it.
Your statement proves that you don't need to be able to sell cars in order to complete the game... so it also proves why it's a fickle thing to bitch and moan about for months on end.

besides to the all of the polemics with PD, this is the best update for the moment? But i'm afraid for what's coming in December or if something coming next month.

Yes I'm outraged!:banghead: you have to grind through those stupid races. If I do a race I custom race, tracks I like and how many laps I wish to do with type of cars I like or class.
I can sympathize. I’ve been there before. I’m sure we all have at some point.

When Doom eternal came out I really wanted it to be focused and easily accessible to wear pretty dresses and ride pretty horses with the gameplay of Barbie Horseriding Adventures, but alas, they made it the same gameplay as all the previous Doom games they had made in the past…

I've read Famine's article, read the official article linked in Famine's article, watched the embedded video, and even read the social media posts from the official Gran Turismo pages. I literally cannot find a single mention of car selling anywhere. Am I blind?

I've read Famine's article, read the official article linked in Famine's article, watched the embedded video, and even read the social media posts from the official Gran Turismo pages. I literally cannot find a single mention of car selling anywhere. Am I blind?

Don't feel bad. It's a bit odd to have something so hyped only show up in one article, but it's here.

It's in the blog article

😎
Famine's article
Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.26 Preview: Road Atlanta, Ford Sierra RS500, & Car Selling
Famine's article
In addition to all of the above, 1.26 will see the debut of something fans have been calling for since Gran Turismo 7 launched: sellable cars.

A post on the PlayStation Blog for the update confirms that players will “be able to sell cars within their personal garage once the GT Café Menus are completed”.
PlayStation Blog post
Ability to sell vehicles

With the latest 1.26 patch update installed (internet connection required), players would be able to sell cars within their personal garage once the GT Café Menus are completed.

It certainly helps if you've repeatedly sold things for way below their indicated value (as well as reading Skill books and passing the very rare Skill checks) in order to boost your Speech level to get better prices and unlock Perks that disable other value nerfs.

Imagine GT7 only offering you 4% of the car's value because you haven't sold enough cars yet to get a decent trade-in price. Or use better examples.
Another piece of mental gymnastics from smartsy pants 👌Instead Skyrim insert any game with selling where selling isn't locked behind completing campaign. I won't imagine anything because it is pointless. We will have ability to sell cars tomorrow and I can make a guess that we won't get 100% of value for sold car. I don't have any expectations tho.

It is just my opinion - it is unnecessary to lock ability of selling cars behind anything. I find it very weird to defend this decision but I guess unlocking ability to sell cars must have some unknown to me great satisfaction and it wouldn't happen if we just got this right away 🤣

I am happy that PD finally are going to add selling to this game. I don't understand people who defend decision that you have to unlock selling.

Another piece of mental gymnastics from smartsy pants 👌
Not really. Just pointing out that your example was a pretty poor one given the "selling things" mechanics in it. It's hardly my fault you chose it...

I'm not really bothered whether PD puts in any particular limitations or restrictions on car selling in GT7, and I certainly don't see any point getting angry about it right now when we don't know if they will or what they will be.

If you want to be cross about something you don't know about to the point you're getting pissy with other people who aren't, that's also your problem.

Edit: For the uninitiated, in Skyrim you can sell things to people called "merchants", but it hinges on a "skill" called "Speech".

Essentially, you need to spend hours - dozens of hours - building up your Speech skill from the base score of 15. Each time you sell an item (and groups of the same item sold simultaneously are classed as one item, so you need to sell items individually), you gain a small amount of XP in that Skill, and you require more XP the higher the Skill level.

As you improve the Skill, prices increase - although technically the decrease decreases; items have a base value, merchants offer you a smaller amount proportional to your Skill. You can also unlock Perks that reduce the nerfs further, at certain landmark Skill values.

Eventually, when you reach 100 and have unlocked all the Perks, you can sell any item at its base credit value, to any merchant. It takes... a lot of time and thousands of items (each of which you will take an effective loss on); a lot more than, say, finishing Cafe Menu 39 in GT7.

Edit edit: Duh, I also forgot you can buff the Skill with potions and enchanted wearable items.

Last edited:
Christmas has been moved to November 24th this year :cheers:

Christmas Vacation Reaction GIF

The Ford Sierra Cosworth could quite possibly be my favourite car in GT franchise history, I'm absolutely delighted it's in the game...

The ability to sell cars is most welcome. On that front, would anyone like to purchase a mint condition Honda NSX Gr.B Rally Car... or 10?

HELL NO!!! :lol:

I don't really have anything to sell but having this feature is a small weight lifted off the idea that PD is holding back on ways to get credits to push mtx.

 And we have a new track with rain and properly lit night (which isn't the standard for some reason)? Depending on what else is in the patch notes, I might call this a good update 😳

Last edited:
Not really. Just pointing out that your example was a pretty poor one given the "selling things" mechanics in it. It's hardly my fault you chose it...

I'm not really bothered whether PD puts in any particular limitations or restrictions on car selling in GT7, and I certainly don't see any point getting angry about it right now when we don't know if they will or what they will be.

If you want to be cross about something you don't know about to the point you're getting pissy with other people who aren't, that's also your problem.
🤦‍♂️

I edited my other post just in case someone will take literally a Skyrim example and will be too serious about it and start analysing it too far 🤣 just as you did.

Also as I mentioned earlier in my previous post:

"It isn't the problem for me because I have finished everything but I can understand why some players aren't happy about it.

So I am nor angry nor pissy. I just find it as unnecessary step.

Last edited:
Another piece of mental gymnastics from smartsy pants 👌Instead Skyrim insert any game with selling where selling isn't locked behind completing campaign. I won't imagine anything because it is pointless. We will have ability to sell cars tomorrow and I can make a guess that we won't get 100% of value for sold car. I don't have any expectations tho.

It is just my opinion - it is unnecessary to lock ability of selling cars behind anything. I find it very weird to defend this decision but I guess unlocking ability to sell cars must have some unknown to me great satisfaction and it wouldn't happen if we just got this right away 🤣

I am happy that PD finally are going to add selling to this game. I don't understand people who defend decision that you have to unlock selling.
Assuming that you can sell gifted cars the reason for locking car selling behind completion of the menu books is simple: Some intelligent players will surely find themselves in a situation where they sold the car required to complete their next menu.

Assuming that you can sell gifted cars the reason for locking car selling behind completion of the menu books is simple: Some intelligent players will surely find themselves in a situation where they sold the car required to complete their next menu.
Game shouldn't hold player's hand and if someone is intelligent enough to do this then why not allow them to do this 🤣

Last edited:
Back