Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.26 is Now Available: Adds Road Atlanta and Car Selling Feature

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 943 comments
To make them not empty again
That won't solve anything. That's not the core of the problem with user created lobbies. People want quickmatches, matchmaking. In other words Sport Mode, but it's very limited in terms of races.

Honestly thrilled that they finally added one of if not the best tracks in the US! In my opinion nothing really rivals the elevation change and flow that Road Atlanta offers and unlike a lot of tracks today, it’s fun in both high powered cars and low powered cars.

The best part of this update is the ability to sell cars. Now we don’t have to keep hearing/reading people moaning they can’t sell cars 🔥

Jokes aside, I hope PD can now work on quality of life improvements such as the HUD, cockpit view, qualifying in lobbies and custom races, sophy, more options for custom races, better payouts, more events, better ffb, better penalty system, etc.

But hey, you can sell cars now. 🥳 I’m happy for you guys.

The best part of this update is the ability to sell cars. Now we don’t have to keep hearing/reading people moaning they can’t sell cars 🔥

Jokes aside, I hope PD can now work on quality of life improvements such as the HUD, cockpit view, qualifying in lobbies and custom races, sophy, more options for custom races, better payouts, more events, better ffb, better penalty system, etc.

But hey, you can sell cars now. 🥳 I’m happy for you guys.
Oh, it won't stop there. We'll see what we can and can't sell. Plus, we don't know how the appraisal works exactly. How long does the process take to clear a garage? Just you wait. ;)

There will certainly be complaints about how car selling works. I do think they've overcomplicated it a bit but I just can't be bothered anymore. It is what it is.

Those increased Sport mode payouts though... it's temporary and it still doesn't bring them up to where they should be permanently. I just don't get it.

The irony is, it's so difficult to buy expensive cars in GT7 that I literally don't have any to sell other than a few of the aforementioned Honda NSX Rally Cars (which mysteriously appeared in my garage for some reason...
lookaround.gif
)

That said, the ability to sell cars will come in handy for my retirement, when I plan to sell my awesome collection of JGTC GT500s and spend my Cr. on a new pipe and some cosy slippers.

Grandpa Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:
Again, it's hardly my fault you chose a really, really bad example to try to support your point. Pick better examples that aren't easily demolished with even passing familiarity with them, and stop blaming other people.
It is amazing that you are clinging so hard to this matter but decided not to answer question of what is the sense behind locking ability to sell behind menu book but post after post you decide to keep picking on that I gave one bad example and clinging to it so hard and even after I decided to change example you are still picking on it. You are weird.

It is amazing that you are clinging so hard to this matter but decided not to answer question of what is the sense behind locking ability to sell behind menu book but post after post you decide to keep picking on that I gave one bad example and clinging to it so hard and even after I decided to change example you are still picking on it. You are weird.
I don't think it was a poor example. And I wouldn't go so far to say it was demolished. You shouldn't edit your own opinion to please others who don't want to understand your point of view.

What sense is there in locking anything behind anything? It's a game, things get locked behind progress. And the menu books really aren't a big barrier to car selling. It's a non-issue.

It's amazing that you're putting so much effort into arguing with the person that runs this site. You are weird.

He's gonna have a shock if he goes back to GT5 or GT6 or GT4 and finds entire event categories locked behind progression.
I remember FM3 (especially since I've replayed it quite a few times). Late game races were locked behind high driver levels. That took a whole lot more time than these menu books (which is a problem in GT7, but not relevant here).

I didn't feel like there was some problem with this, even as a kid. I just accepted it and kept racing until I got those levels.

The menu books take like 10 hours if you take it slow, during which time you have no real reason to sell or buy cars anyway as the game keeps giving you what you need to get through. After that, you can sell whatever you don't still want. It's fine. Of all the problems GT7 has, this isn't really one of them.

It is amazing that you are clinging so hard to this matter
Again, getting pissy with people who aren't angry about the same things you are is your issue. Thus far you've accused me of "mental gymnastics" and "clinging... to this matter", and called me "smartsy pants" for answering the question "Do you need to finish Skyrim before selling stuff to NPC?".

I'm responding to your posts. If you don't want people responding to your posts, don't make them.

but decided not to answer question of what is the sense behind locking ability to sell behind menu book
Not sure why I'm beholden to a question I wasn't asked, but the answer is "lots of things in games are locked behind game progress". It's how games work (even the example you gave).

I get that you're cross about it for some reason, but don't take it out on other people who aren't.

Oh, it won't stop there. We'll see what we can and can't sell. Plus, we don't know how the appraisal works exactly. How long does the process take to clear a garage? Just you wait. ;)
Excited for this too! For example, is my widebody Enzo Ferrari going to be worth less than an unmodded version with less KM ? Do I include the expensive BBS wheels and racing suspension I installed on my Fiat Abarth , or sell them privately?

While it makes sense to have car selling be locked behind cafe progression as not all parts of the game are available from the get go, it doesn't make much sense for it to only unlock upon 100% completion.

Why isn't it unlocked once you unlock the UCD (where the feature itself is located) or LCD or even a menu unto itself? We have a menu dedicated to washing your car, why not have one that walks you through selling it too?

While it makes sense to have car selling be locked behind cafe progression as not all parts of the game are available from the get go, it doesn't make much sense for it to only unlock upon 100% completion.

Why isn't it unlocked once you unlock the UCD (where the feature itself is located) or LCD or even a menu unto itself? We have a menu dedicated to washing your car, why not have one that walks you through selling it too?
What's to say there won't be? Perhaps that's why it unlocks when it does. Plus, the cafe game mode is about car collecting, I get why it wouldn't be available while progressing through that part of the game.

Same reason we don't get the entire upgrade shop at once, I guess? It's not new for these to have bits that stay locked until you progress further.

What's to say there won't be? Perhaps that's why it unlocks when it does. Plus, the cafe game mode is about car collecting, I get why it wouldn't be available while progressing through that part of the game.
Selling a car or part of your collection is an intimate part of the whole process of car collecting. At least in the real world, no?
Same reason we don't get the entire upgrade shop at once, I guess? It's not new for these to have bits that stay locked until you progress further.
Isn't that more tied to your collector level? Would actually make a lot of sense to have car selling be tied to that also instead of just "complete the menu".

Last edited:
Presumably to stop players from selling cars that they need to complete a Menu Book, and then not being able to complete that book without buying their way out of it. Then again, a situation like that would only be helpful for Kaz and PD, so it's surprising they locked selling behind completing the menus.

EDIT: Just realised you'll probably only be able to sell duplicates anyway. That kinda undoes my entire argument...

Last edited:
Isn't that more tied to your collector level? Would actually make a lot of sense to have car selling be tied to that also instead of just "complete the menu".
Honestly, I don't remember which it was. I got through all that in early March. They essentially go together as the menus throw so many cars at you anyway.

Back