Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.26 is Now Available: Adds Road Atlanta and Car Selling Feature

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 943 comments
Actually, I recall vaguely that the UCD isn't fully "online" until you complete the Cafe? It's populated with cars needed for the current menu and a small selection that doesn't refresh.

I guess PD just doesn't want to mess with that jumbled up code.
It refreshes normally but you have an extra few cars in there that correspond to your menu book, that's the only difference.

what is the sense behind locking ability to sell behind menu book

While it makes sense to have car selling be locked behind cafe progression as not all parts of the game are available from the get go, it doesn't make much sense for it to only unlock upon 100% completion.

Why isn't it unlocked once you unlock the UCD (where the feature itself is located) or LCD or even a menu unto itself? We have a menu dedicated to washing your car, why not have one that walks you through selling it too?
I believe both these questions are answered by a separate common complaint of GT7 that is whined about numerously and loudly at every opportunity by a small minority:

Menu books 1-39 are a long in game tutorial

…and thus, like most every game, has most content locked behind its “tutorial”

Selling a car or part of your collection is an intimate part of the whole process of car collecting. At least in the real world, no?
Only because us petrolheads are too poor to have everything we want so have to sell stuff to get it 😅

It is amazing that you are clinging so hard to this matter but decided not to answer question of what is the sense behind locking ability to sell behind menu book but post after post you decide to keep picking on that I gave one bad example and clinging to it so hard and even after I decided to change example you are still picking on it. You are weird.
I don't think his point has anything to do with whether locking it behind completing the menu's or not makes any sense, just that it's not comparable to Skyrim.

I think it makes sense considering the MTX's and game economy that PD are going for, but it doesn't make for a better game. From PD's perspective, they likely do not want players making easy credits selling cars earlier in the game, they would much prefer they buy MTX's. But froma gameplay perspective it makes absolute sense to be able to buy and sell at any stage.

Last edited:
Another piece of mental gymnastics from smartsy pants 👌Instead Skyrim insert any game with selling where selling isn't locked behind completing campaign. I won't imagine anything because it is pointless. We will have ability to sell cars tomorrow and I can make a guess that we won't get 100% of value for sold car. I don't have any expectations tho.

It is just my opinion - it is unnecessary to lock ability of selling cars behind anything. I find it very weird to defend this decision but I guess unlocking ability to sell cars must have some unknown to me great satisfaction and it wouldn't happen if we just got this right away 🤣

I am happy that PD finally are going to add selling to this game. I don't understand people who defend decision that you have to unlock selling.
Cause fan boys, or people who forgot selling cars was always possible in GT, also people naive enough this has no relation to making by money from MTs.
There is absolutely no game play reason to block selling cars behind a NG+ type wall.

I doubt selling cars at a small fraction of the actual price is going to be a game changer that people make it out to be.

Unless you have a huge collection of Group B NSX’s from the glitch.

Last edited:
I doubt selling cars at a small fraction of the actual price is going to be a game changer that people make it out to be.

We don't know how much of a fraction it will be. It could be 10%, it could be 50%, appraisal means it'll probably be somewhere in the middle. It could vary by car too. Expensive or rare cars might sell for a higher percentage than cheap or common cars. It remains to be seen.

Considering we're essentially selling our cars to the UCD, which sells cars for about 89% of their base value, and the UCD needs to profit from our cars (not really, but for realism), and with how slow earning money is almost everywhere in the game, I'd hope we can sell them for around 50% of their value.

(Note: The source of that 89% is from my own checks on only 6 cars, months ago. Those 6 all fell very close to 89%, and averaged to 89.0722115%. Not entirely solid, but I saw very little variance in those 6).

Last edited:
New track is great and all but the most important thing for me is how many new races will be added with this update. If it's 3 that aren't worth repeating then it'll be over in an hour.

New track is great and all but the most important thing for me is how many new races will be added with this update. If it's 3 that aren't worth repeating then it'll be over in an hour.
Watkins Glen released with 3, and there were no other new races in that update.

Last edited:

It's more than about value for me. I just want to cull me garage. The Favourites option isn't enough, for me.
If I want to only have one brand in my garage: Fords or Porsches or BMWs, I want that option. If I need a car for a specific task that isn't one of those marques, I just buy that car and sell it.

Watkins Glen released with 3, and there were no other new races in that update.

Deleted

Last edited:
It can take hours to make a baseline tune for a car, it's a pain to have to redo that again and again after every patch. Then you have to fix the specific track tunes...
Yup, spending your time to perfecting tune is kinda exhausting, if you need to do it every month after an update

I already had good tune and good time on specific track, and PD change it. It annoyed me a lot

""Cars can only be sold once cafe menu's are completed"

I really dislike this! i deliberately chose not to buy that slow old porsche in the cafe menu - madness to spend 6+ million on a car that I don't want to get a 6 star ticket (engine) that is worth so much less - easy decision for me. Now I am reading that I will have to spend my hard earned credits to buy that car (when it comes up in the legendary dealership) to complete a stupid menu to enable me to sell cars that I own?!?!?!? Masterstroke PD - always forcing us to play the game your way :/ I know wee won't get to sell gift cars - but at least with that confirmed, I'll be able to delete all those GrB NSX's and clean my garage.

i deliberately chose not to buy that slow old porsche in the cafe menu - madness to spend 6+ million on a car that I don't want to get a 6 star ticket (engine) that is worth so much less - easy decision for me. Now I am reading that I will have to spend my hard earned credits to buy that car (when it comes up in the legendary dealership) to complete a stupid menu to enable me to sell cars that I own?!?!?!?
Nope.

The Porsche is on an Extra Menu. You will only need to complete up to Cafe Menu 39 (Menu 40 and on are Bonus Menus), which is also the requirement for the end-game movie and a bunch of other things.

It's more than about value for me. I just want to cull me garage. The Favourites option isn't enough, for me.
If I want to only have one brand in my garage: Fords or Porsches or BMWs, I want that option. If I need a car for a specific task that isn't one of those marques, I just buy that car and sell it.
There’s a good chance it’ll work the same as the current ‘discard’ option where you can only sell if you have more than 1 of the same car I do hope that’s not the case though!

I believe both these questions are answered by a separate common complaint of GT7 that is whined about numerously and loudly at every opportunity by a small minority:

Menu books 1-39 are a long in game tutorial

…and thus, like most every game, has most content locked behind its “tutorial”
Do you really think that people need to finish a tutorial to get a grasp on selling cars?

I don't think his point has anything to do with whether locking it behind completing the menu's or not makes any sense, just that it's not comparable to Skyrim.

I think it makes sense considering the MTX's and game economy that PD are going for, but it doesn't make for a better game. From PD's perspective, they likely do not want players making easy credits selling cars earlier in the game, they would much prefer they buy MTX's. But froma gameplay perspective it makes absolute sense to be able to buy and sell at any stage.
I used example of Skyrim because it is the 1st game that came to my mind as an example. I didn't give it a deep analysis so in the end I changed my example in question to do you know any game that has selling stuff options locked behind finishing main campaign? For me it just doesn't makes sense. I guess for some people it makes sense that you can't have selling feature from the start of the game and that there is logic and sense in it. I just can't see it 🤣

Again, getting pissy with people who aren't angry about the same things you are is your issue. Thus far you've accused me of "mental gymnastics" and "clinging... to this matter", and called me "smartsy pants" for answering the question "Do you need to finish Skyrim before selling stuff to NPC?".

I'm responding to your posts. If you don't want people responding to your posts, don't make them.

Not sure why I'm beholden to a question I wasn't asked, but the answer is "lots of things in games are locked behind game progress". It's how games work (even the example you gave).

I get that you're cross about it for some reason, but don't take it out on other people who aren't.
Again, I am not getting pissy nor I am angry so please stop assuming my emotions :D . I am annoyed that you are picking on my "bad example" (and it isn't the 1st time when I see that you are picking on someone) and trying to be smartsy pants instead just discussing the matter of in my opinion weird decision to lock (which is unnecessary) the ability of selling cars that should be there from day 1 behind finishing "main campaign" so you just ignore 90% of text in my post and just hunt for a "mistake".

I should just ignore your analysis on Skyrim and say - it doesn't matter what you said, what matters is that some players won't be happy about it and as I said earlier - it isn't problem for me because I have finished everything (tho I can see other player perspective) but it can be a problem for someone who didn't finish everything and this player will have to do something what is unfun for him. For example someone who mostly plays multiplayer but wants to have ability to sell cars will have to chase a rabbit (because I won't call it racing) for X amount of hours (whatever the amount of hours is needed to unlock selling cars).

I am cross about your attitude to picking on "mistakes" not about this "problem" which isn't a biggie in the end. Maybe I am a little cross about people who find sense and logic in locking selling cars feature behind time wall. For some reason we didn't need a tutorial for discard car button (until I am wrong and I don't remember that was such tutorial in game)

There’s a good chance it’ll work the same as the current ‘discard’ option where you can only sell if you have more than 1 of the same car I do hope that’s not the case though!
@Nenkai has suggested we may only be able to sell non-duplicate, non-loaned and non-DLC bought cars. It's not gospel that's how it will be, but I would expect that given the way the game is deisgined in general.

There is also the possibility we will only be able to sell a maximum number of cars each day through an appraisal system, so don't expect to be able to sell all 400 of your NSX Gr.B's tomorrow and be however many million Cr better off.

There's further information here:

Last edited:
surely, with the whole "hyper realistic" LCD, being rammed down our throats with constant price re-jigging to match the real world, then surely if I choose to sell back my ferrari GTO then I should get my 20 million back. In the REAL world, the value of the "cared for" classic does not often depreciate at all. If they were to only give you 50% of the purchased price, that would be laughable and disgraceful... i wonder how they will deal with car mods, widebody kits, etc.... in the appraisal

surely, with the whole "hyper realistic" LCD, being rammed down our throats with constant price re-jigging to match the real world, then surely if I choose to sell back my ferrari GTO then I should get my 20 million back. In the REAL world, the value of the "cared for" classic does not often depreciate at all. If they were to only give you 50% of the purchased price, that would be laughable and disgraceful... i wonder how they will deal with car mods, widebody kits, etc.... in the appraisal
You know it's not going to work like that, they only imitate inflation as far as costs to the player are concerned else we would earn Cr far too easily to consider paying real money on those MTX's.

Again, I am not getting pissy nor I am angry so please stop assuming my emotions :D
Thus far you've accused me of "mental gymnastics" and "clinging... to this matter", and called me "smartsy pants" for answering the question "Do you need to finish Skyrim before selling stuff to NPC?".
If that's how you act when you're not pissy, I can't imagine the charm levels you display when you are.
you just ignore 90% of text in my post and just hunt for a "mistake".
It was literally the only question in your post (disregarding the rhetorical one), and I answered it. For that I get this noise and abuse, because apparently the answer wasn't what you were expecting - possibly because you're just not familiar with Skyrim's gameplay. Why ask questions if you might not like the answer?

And you're still going at it...

🤷‍♂️

Incidentally, just to answer the rhetorical question, to unlock the Auction House in Forza Horizon 4/5 you need to progress through the game until you pass through the fixed seasons and into the public season rotation. You also cannot sell cars directly from the player garage, only discard them. This isn't the only way to sell cars however, but the other way isn't terrific: you can sell them as you acquire them but only if they are duplicates.

That'd be a better example also.

Last edited:
@Nenkai has suggested we may only be able to sell non-duplicate, non-loaned and non-DLC bought cars. It's not gospel that's how it will be, but I would expect that given the way the game is deisgined in general.
What they could do if they allowed you to sell a car that you only had one of, is ghost out the car image in your collection, tag it as, “previously owned”, and keep the info page. It’s not part of your current collection but you’ve collected it at some point.

And from a realism standpoint it still tracks, nobody (or very few) has hundreds of cars in their collection at one time. At least nobody but Jay Leno and racing drivers, rich people, etc. Even then, in the multiples of hundreds, that’s rare, as far as I know.

But when a car is sold, many still class it as having owned it at one point, or being in their collection. This way, you could still keep progression the same, and edit Sarah’s line when you’ve collected 200 cars, to, “Well done! That marks 200 cars you’ve owned at any point.”

Last edited:
Back